Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 365712 times)

Offline smartburn

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2012, 12:38:32 AM »
Sooo, I took advantage of a recent daily deal and, well...is the cow plant allowed for this dynasty? >:D 

I'd imagine this would fall under the category of being okay provided one is not actively directing the sim to do something that would result in certain death, but if it's not allowed that's cool.  I just figure that if I'm hoping to have a spouse at some point with a thing for jellybeans who makes ill-advised autonomous attempts to fix objects and goes swimming on their own no matter how tired they are, he/she may as well really REALLY like cake too, heh.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #176 on: September 21, 2012, 01:11:03 AM »
Sorry to double-post, I just wanted to be sure of something...

Ok makes sense, so Heir A could reach say Level 8 in Logic, and Heir B Reach Level 10, receive AND claim the skill certificate, and complete the skill challenges?
That way Heir A has not overlapped with Heir B for any requirements.

Unique career rewards -  no else gets these but one person.  If you use a skill certificate, that means no other heir can max that skill.

From my reading of the rules and the above, if I choose not to use a given skill certificate as a career reward for anybody, I can have more than one sim max out the skill, right?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2012, 01:30:06 AM »
Sorry, smartburn, the answer is a negative.

If Heir A maxes painting and gets the skill certificate for his requirements, if Heir B also maxes painting it's a problem because  Heir B will also get a skill certificate whether or not they're "claiming" the certificate for requirements. Try and forget about the whole "claiming" concept...it's confusing to be honest. The certificate is no longer unique to Heir A because B also received one.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #178 on: September 21, 2012, 01:42:26 AM »
Sorry, smartburn, the answer is a negative.

I'd say it would be allowed. By having two Heirs max that Skill you can't use it as a Career Reward for either Sim but as long as both Sims have two other Rewards then there shouldn't be any problem. The example you quoted is about whether another heir can max the skill but not claim the reward as their Unique Reward but smartburn isn't going to have either heirs max the skill.

Should probably wait for Rica and Metro to make a decision.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #179 on: September 21, 2012, 01:58:05 AM »
Ah, I misread that as "anybody else" and not just "anybody."

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #180 on: September 21, 2012, 03:40:52 AM »
Aw jeez, I had a response carefully typed out that I almost finished, and I had to go ahead and hit the wrong button. Bye-bye perfectly crafted response.  ::)

Anyway, samoht is the closest to what I meant - as long as none of the heirs use a given skill certificate (let's say logic) for a career reward, all of the heirs can max logic, assuming none of the skill challenges are repeated as per the dynasty rules. This would not be possible with all skills due to the nature of the challenges and other considerations, but would be very doable with others, logic among them.

Before I turn this into a stream of consciousness essay and ramble on more than I have, it's about 12:30am where I am, and my brain is catching up to my eyelids as far as sleepiness goes. Goodnight moon...

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #181 on: September 21, 2012, 08:10:37 AM »
Anyway, samoht is the closest to what I meant - as long as none of the heirs use a given skill certificate (let's say logic) for a career reward, all of the heirs can max logic, assuming none of the skill challenges are repeated as per the dynasty rules.

Exactly. Thanks, samo. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #182 on: September 21, 2012, 09:27:05 AM »
I'm planning to start in Moonlight Falls, but there aren't any empty lots in the town that my founder can move into. I have this sneaking suspicion it's a glitch, because there should be. Am I permitted to either bulldoze something or re-zone an empty community lot to residential so my poor founder can move in somewhere?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2012, 09:47:55 AM »
There should be several but for some reason a lot of the empty lots are set as parks.   Go ahead and choose one but if you want a dynasty lot size - I would do the one that's normally not a community lot in my game which is 29 S Falls.
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

thesweetestpea

« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2012, 11:16:30 AM »
There should be several but for some reason a lot of the empty lots are set as parks.   Go ahead and choose one but if you want a dynasty lot size - I would do the one that's normally not a community lot in my game which is 29 S Falls.

Okay, thanks. All of what should have been empty lots were either zoned as community or had a building, so I'll go in and decide what to change when I look at the town properly.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #185 on: September 21, 2012, 02:02:13 PM »
There is a way to start with a ghost without having Supernatural.  Just as long as you are patched.  It just means saving a ghost to your bin.   I know I saw an article on SimsVIP about it right before Supernatural came out so you should be able to find it and look at the instructions there.
Thanks, Rica.  Although now I've started playing with the idea, I like Plan B better.  (Awkward? Moi?)

I have another question.  Sorry.  The rules say 'You may also have some liberty with Edit Town by juggling empty lots — i.e. changing 2 small empty lots to 1 larger one, or vice versa.'  After all the Showtime lots are added to Twinbrook, it only leaves four or five empty lots, all 20x30 - but two of them are next to each other.  Could I replace those two with a single 30x30 and move my founder in there?  It's OK if not - I think I can manage on a 20x30 by building a tall house with basements.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
« Reply #186 on: September 21, 2012, 02:17:20 PM »
Go ahead.  It's already stated that you can and Metro has no problem with you doing that for your starting lot.
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #188 on: September 21, 2012, 04:36:56 PM »
Hey guys.  I just started my first gen a couple days ago and all was going well until I encountered this problem; when I max out a skill I get no reward certificate in the mail.  It's also not in my inventory or family inventory.  The mailbox only ever has bills in it, no other interactions. 

This is only the second sim I've ever created, and the last one maxed several skills and never got anything in the mail...I actually didn't even know I was supposed to get a certificate until reading the rules for this challenge. So it seems like an ongoing bug for me. 

Has anyone else encountered this recently? I was of course planning on using these for my placeable career reward requirements, so I have to no idea what to do :(

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2012, 05:40:58 PM »
Hey guys.  I just started my first gen a couple days ago and all was going well until I encountered this problem; when I max out a skill I get no reward certificate in the mail.  It's also not in my inventory or family inventory.  The mailbox only ever has bills in it, no other interactions. 

This is only the second sim I've ever created, and the last one maxed several skills and never got anything in the mail...I actually didn't even know I was supposed to get a certificate until reading the rules for this challenge. So it seems like an ongoing bug for me. 

Has anyone else encountered this recently? I was of course planning on using these for my placeable career reward requirements, so I have to no idea what to do :(

I know Alchemy has no certificate. What skills are you maxing?

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2012, 05:44:22 PM »
My founder for this challenge maxed fishing several sim days ago.

*Edit* Immediately after answering your question Metro I checked my mailbox and saw the "Get Mail" interaction.  So my sim ditched her boyfriend to rush across town to check her mail, and sure enough it was her certificate! Yay!!   I swear it was like last week sim time that I maxed fishing.  I'm new at this so maybe it always takes a while to receive your certificate?  Or maybe mine just got lost in the mail, hehe.  Anyway crisis averted, thank you :)

Offline ombradellarosa

• You can call me Rosa :)
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Follow Brooke on The Mole!
« Reply #191 on: September 21, 2012, 09:18:51 PM »
I hadn't noticed until now but my Sim hasn't received her Gardening certificate and it's been sim weeks since she maxed Gardening. I was counting on that as well for her career reward. And they have only had the option to "get Bills" from the mailbox as well. My other file that I started after Supernatural did not have this problem. She got her book that she wrote but as far as I am aware, no certificate. I will check to make sure when I get in game again.

By intl_incident                                                      By samoht04

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #192 on: September 22, 2012, 09:43:00 AM »
Just for future reference... Do we HAVE to move in a spouse or can we just procreate without getting married? I know adoption is out, but sometimes I don't like the bachelor/ette sims lol.
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #193 on: September 22, 2012, 10:48:46 AM »
As far as I know there isn't a rule that says you have to move a spouse in,I myself am moving them in so I can get the 5k wish to get married and if required the 5k wish to have first child.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Tahilanor

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a journey. Enjoy wandering through it!
« Reply #194 on: September 22, 2012, 01:36:28 PM »
I have a quick question: for the two unique career/reward items would the reward certificate for mastering Gardening + the Gardener Trophy be sufficient? It'll be unique - no other heir will even touch a plant. Sorry if this has been asked!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #195 on: September 22, 2012, 01:48:56 PM »
I have a quick question: for the two unique career/reward items would the reward certificate for mastering Gardening + the Gardener Trophy be sufficient? It'll be unique - no other heir will even touch a plant. Sorry if this has been asked!

If your Sim is completing the gardening career then it counts for their two career rewards. Marian T provided a list of suitable careers and their rewards here. the list is also linked in the first post of this thread.

Rachel

Offline Tahilanor

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a journey. Enjoy wandering through it!
« Reply #196 on: September 22, 2012, 01:51:44 PM »
If your Sim is completing the gardening career then it counts for their two career rewards. Marian T provided a list of suitable careers and their rewards here. the list is also linked in the first post of this thread.

Rachel

Yes, he (Llyr Fayh) is. Thanks! I've bookmarked that particular post, for future reference.  :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #197 on: September 22, 2012, 01:51:54 PM »
Anyone know a way to spawn the Max Logic Wish? Rabbit has a full bar but has yet to max Logic and I'm waiting desperately for this Wish because it's delaying everything else.. Lol.  :P

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #198 on: September 22, 2012, 01:58:43 PM »
I wish I knew Samoht,Pistachio has almost maxed logic and just will not pop up the wish to max logic. The wishes to max athletics and photography came up no problem. I only need one more wish to complete the 5 so far I have had Marry Tristan,Max athletics,Max photography,Reach level ten of criminal career and I need one more. I suppose I could use have first child but she won't wish for that either.

Rachel

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #199 on: September 22, 2012, 02:02:59 PM »
I wish I knew Samoht,Pistachio has almost maxed logic and just will not pop up the wish to max logic. The wishes to max athletics and photography came up no problem. I only need one more wish to complete the 5 so far I have had Marry Tristan,Max athletics,Max photography,Reach level ten of criminal career and I need one more. I suppose I could use have first child but she won't wish for that either.

Rachel

Hmm, this will be her first if it appears. Her Spouse is moved in but isn't even friends with her yet (Idiot tried to tell a Sim with No Sense of Humour a joke..)  ::) . She will have her Career Rewards done once she has maxed Logic though. Currently she has neither due to my game crashing and hopefully I saved after Franco hunted some tiberium.  :P

Just wondering but since this is looking to not be going very quickly. If Rabbit becomes an Elder before she completes all her Requirements can she use a Young Again potion to be able to breed or does it have to be done before the Elderhood?