Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898180 times)

Offline geekchic

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #645 on: October 15, 2012, 11:25:59 PM »
Sorry for the dumb questions, I just don't want to fail. :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #646 on: October 15, 2012, 11:27:33 PM »
I completely understand.   Ask all the questions you want!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #647 on: October 15, 2012, 11:32:14 PM »
*** News alert ***

So I had my experimenting duds on tonight and I want all Life States Dynasty players to know something very important.  A witch's sunlight charm can make a werewolf transform back into a Sim.  No more using the Potent Cure Elixir to fix age stuck werewolves.   This will only work if you haven't used the sunlight charm on them recently because if they have the sunlight charm moodlet, it will not change them back.

Ooooh awesome!  If only we'd known that before, lol.  Thanks for figuring that out Rica.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #648 on: October 15, 2012, 11:55:38 PM »
No.. there are only a handful and there would be no way to make 2 unique for all 6 toddlers.   You just can't use the xylophone for more than one.
Do you mean that you can only use the xylophone for one generation? Or do you mean that you can't use the xylophone as both skills for the generation?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #649 on: October 16, 2012, 12:00:56 AM »
Do you mean that you can only use the xylophone for one generation? Or do you mean that you can't use the xylophone as both skills for the generation?

The xylophone can only count as one toddler skill per generation.  So you can't use it as both skills needed even though it gives points in up to 4 actual skills.  You would have to do xylophone & peg box or xylophone & painting books. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #650 on: October 16, 2012, 12:36:22 AM »
The xylophone can only count as one toddler skill per generation.  So you can't use it as both skills needed even though it gives points in up to 4 actual skills.  You would have to do xylophone & peg box or xylophone & painting books.
You got me worried there for a second as I am planning to use the xylophone and pegbox most generations unless they randomize a skill orientated trait. Thanks Rica.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #651 on: October 16, 2012, 07:14:05 AM »
*** News alert ***

So I had my experimenting duds on tonight and I want all Life States Dynasty players to know something very important.  A witch's sunlight charm can make a werewolf transform back into a Sim.  No more using the Potent Cure Elixir to fix age stuck werewolves.   This will only work if you haven't used the sunlight charm on them recently because if they have the sunlight charm moodlet, it will not change them back.

A trick to know about ghosts.  A member asked me about something so I was testing it.  You can use a reanimation spell on a gravestone to make that person a zombie.  If you use a potent cure elixir or the sunlight charm on that person, they will become human not a ghost.

It seemed like there had to be some way to just transform them back! But wouldn't that only work if you had a witch? I don't plan to have a witch for several generations yet.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #652 on: October 16, 2012, 07:36:26 AM »
It seemed like there had to be some way to just transform them back! But wouldn't that only work if you had a witch? I don't plan to have a witch for several generations yet.

Then that's your strategy.   There is an in game way of getting around the age stuck individuals without using life state changing elixirs (which is banned).    Story Progression so far for me has provided me with werewolves that weren't children or teenagers so maybe you can use one of those than dealing with an age stuck one if you don't want to have a witch at that time.

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #653 on: October 16, 2012, 08:20:09 AM »
In reading through some of the questions and reading the rules, I would like clarification on the actual life states. Can a different colored ghost be used for different generations? Like jelly bean for say gen 2 and electrocution for gen 6?
Or can a ghost of any type only be used for one life state?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #654 on: October 16, 2012, 08:38:23 AM »
They are stated as different in the rules so therefore yes they are considered different.  Otherwise we would just say Ghost.

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #655 on: October 16, 2012, 08:45:15 AM »
Thank you for the clarification. I was just a bit confused.  ;D

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #656 on: October 16, 2012, 11:38:34 AM »
I'm wondering something about the holidays. I know that each generation is only allowed seven days holiday. But could I book a three day (minimum time allowed?) vacation to France for an opp but then came back after only 1 day, would that count as one day or three?

Edit: Another question. My vehicle enthusiast Founder has started to gain a relationship with her fire engine. Would it count as the best friend?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #657 on: October 16, 2012, 11:41:18 AM »
Depends on how many people go.   It counts for the time there.  So if your founder, heir and founder's spouse go.  It counts as one day gone for the founder and one day gone for the heir.  Spouse has no restriction. 

So your founder and heir after this mini vacation would still have 6 days left each.  So if it's going to cost you a whole day.  Don't forget to see the sights just in case.  Get your money's worth and all that.

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #658 on: October 16, 2012, 01:55:33 PM »
Hoping this won't be a problem. Before I did ANY playing, I went into testing cheats and repicked magic makeover (one of the orignal five). If not, I can start over, but honestly, all I've done is build.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #659 on: October 16, 2012, 01:58:04 PM »
I'm afraid you need to start over.

Before you purchase your founder's lot - All edit town additions must be placed and finale.   Before you leave CAS, make sure your founder has all traits and the LTW you want. Changing LTW period is banned for everyone but spares.

Beyond setting up your original familyFunds - forget testingcheats even exists.  It's not allowed in the dynasties.