Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898264 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #720 on: October 17, 2012, 07:08:17 PM »
I can adjust the funds using family funds down to around 90kish (which is what she should have from marrying Argus). Not being stupid, I had no idea it was from being on pause, does this mean a restart? I'm willing to adjust correctly. I seriously didn't know it was an exploit, for the longest time I thought I was dragging it on the ground. (No one said I was smart. :P)

You don't have to this one time.  But now that you know it's an exploit/glitch.  You know to just unpause the game instead of selling the item again.

If a sim combined two careers, would the philosopher's stone count as an alchemy career reward? You have to max alchemy to get the opportunity. I don't need it myself, but in the interest of having a complete list I figured something like this might count. If they add a skill certificate with a patch it would then be a viable career choice on it's own.

You don't actually get the Philosopher's Stone as part of the career.  You get it for maxing the skill.  All other career rewards are something that's done in regards to the job not just the skill.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #721 on: October 17, 2012, 07:13:18 PM »
Oh phew thank you. Argus is raking in the funds hunting and the dog is raking in equally as much. I adjusted it to 95k (that was the approx amount) and in ONE NIGHT they made another 11k! Holy!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #722 on: October 17, 2012, 08:18:57 PM »
Sometimes if Alchemical Mastery doesn't pop up, have your sim use the Alchemy station. It seems to pop it up reliably at least in Moonlight Falls.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #723 on: October 17, 2012, 08:20:21 PM »
Sometimes if Alchemical Mastery doesn't pop up, have your sim use the Alchemy station. It seems to pop it up reliably at least in Moonlight Falls.

In Lunar Lakes, the moment my teenager hit level 10 she got the opportunity.  She had previously used the station but was resorting to the book just to hit that last inch.   Which is another justification for the Philosopher's Stone not being recognized as a career reward, my little teenager just got it and she's a part time employee at the spa. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Chuckles_82

« Reply #724 on: October 17, 2012, 09:07:27 PM »
By that reasoning though, none of the skill certificates could be used.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #725 on: October 17, 2012, 09:11:11 PM »
Skill certificates are used because most careers require you to max a skill.  You don't have to but it's part of the metrics which makes it allowable.   The alchemy career while it would "require" maxing the skill, the philosopher's stone isn't a trophy, badge, ribbon that you get for achieving something in the career.  It's something that you get just for maxing the skill.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #726 on: October 18, 2012, 03:26:04 AM »
I feel like I'm asking too many questions at the moment! I just have one more.
My Founder is 10 days from Elder (and she's a girl) but her requirements aren't quite finished and I don't know if they will be before she turns Elder. If I don't get them done in the next 10 Sim days and she turns elder, does this mean I've failed? Or could her husband try to discover the Young Again potion on the chemistry table and give it to her?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #727 on: October 18, 2012, 03:31:15 AM »
You can use the Young Again potion once your founder completes her requirements to bring in the heir (from the ruleset), regardless of life stage.

So even if you hit, say 86 days, before you finish, once that's done, pop your YA potion and get to work bringing in the next one!

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #728 on: October 18, 2012, 09:23:35 AM »
I feel like I'm asking too many questions at the moment! I just have one more.
My Founder is 10 days from Elder (and she's a girl) but her requirements aren't quite finished and I don't know if they will be before she turns Elder. If I don't get them done in the next 10 Sim days and she turns elder, does this mean I've failed? Or could her husband try to discover the Young Again potion on the chemistry table and give it to her?

I ask a lot of questions too, don't worry about it. Everybody is very nice around here. ;)
Shirin is right. Plus it is game over when a founder or heir dies, not when they become elder. :)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #729 on: October 19, 2012, 03:18:51 AM »
Since there are no requirements for the baby life stage, can I just age them up straight away?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #730 on: October 19, 2012, 03:40:45 AM »
Since there are no requirements for the baby life stage, can I just age them up straight away?
No, it has already been said a few times that for the baby stage you can only use the cake on their actual birthday. At least for heirs/potential heirs, spares you are free do as you wish with.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #731 on: October 19, 2012, 03:54:10 AM »
Rica addressed this a few pages back, and said that baby, because there is no requirements, you have to live through all three days of it...or something.

Edit; Haha, Margerita was faster than I.  ;D

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #732 on: October 19, 2012, 06:09:29 PM »
So, I'm just trying to be completely clear on the Alchemy thing. If you're in the alchemy career, you cannot gain any career items which would count towards those goals because EA did not put those rewards into the career? However, you can max the alchemy skill and allow the skill challenges to count towards your 6. So essentially, players would be encouraged to develop alchemy on the side while working a career which does give you the two career items?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #733 on: October 19, 2012, 06:17:11 PM »
That's right.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #734 on: October 19, 2012, 06:18:05 PM »
So, I'm just trying to be completely clear on the Alchemy thing. If you're in the alchemy career, you cannot gain any career items which would count towards those goals because EA did not put those rewards into the career? However, you can max the alchemy skill and allow the skill challenges to count towards your 6. So essentially, players would be encouraged to develop alchemy on the side while working a career which does give you the two career items?

Exactly.  Alchemy isn't off limits.  It just doesn't count towards your career requirement.  In fact the elixirs from alchemy can be used for your 7 unique skill items.

anything