Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 906475 times)

Chuckles_82

Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #765 on: October 21, 2012, 06:25:06 PM »
Ok, well there's no need to be so harsh about it. A simple 'no' would suffice. I was  only suggesting a work-around for a glitch. It's not like I was placing my own lots. They were all EA/UC lots as per the rules. I'm already have my own town that I'm working on. I only included the list of lots for other players who might want to use them, because placing them on empty lots is not against the rules, so I wasn't giving you a 'road map'. Metro actually already ok'd terrain sculpting so I didn't think asking to blend the terrain paint was sooo unreasonable.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #766 on: October 21, 2012, 06:35:00 PM »
Ok, well there's no need to be so harsh about it. A simple 'no' would suffice. I was  only suggesting a work-around for a glitch. It's not like I was placing my own lots. They were all EA/UC lots as per the rules. I'm already have my own town that I'm working on.

I wasn't trying to be harsh.  I was being matter of fact to make sure it was completely clarified.   I was only repeating something that has been said by both Metro & myself in other threads as well as this one.    I'm sorry you took it that way.    I had already said that you couldn't replace town lots with other town lots in the other thread in which you had asked the question.  I thought you reposting it meant that you were still not clear so I was making sure it was as clear as I could make it.   I don't want anyone to fail because I wasn't specific enough about any of the rules. 

So I was just making sure it was understood per the rules - you can't replace town lots.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #767 on: October 21, 2012, 06:42:57 PM »
I'm sorry what you said was unclear when you told me to post it in the specific dynasty board, rather than on the general rules thread. I only did what you asked. By saying to post it here, it seemed you were suggesting that the answer might be different, due to the problems with the glitch.

EDIT: PS sorry for being narky - I took it a little too personally this morning.

The less drastic option would be to put them in the clipboard first and then place them back down to see if that works.  Try that.  Moving is against the rules and I'd like to try that last if possible.

Ok, I will try that, but doesn't doing that break relationships?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #768 on: October 21, 2012, 07:21:00 PM »
Ok, I will try that, but doesn't doing that break relationships?

Clipboard not the family bin.  Basically when you evict from the house in edit town mode.  It temporarily makes you homeless but it shouldn't effect any relationships.  Think of it as half a move.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #769 on: October 21, 2012, 07:24:40 PM »
Are Personality Adjuster and Potent Personality Adjuster elixirs allowed?

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #770 on: October 21, 2012, 07:34:06 PM »
Are Personality Adjuster and Potent Personality Adjuster elixirs allowed?

Quote from: Metropolis Man
You must accept the first dice roll and you can only choose a Lifetime Wish from whatever the game offers you. No Mid-Life Crisis LTR, no trait-changing elixirs and no Change Lifetime Wish for heirs and spouses only.  Spares can have any traits or Lifetime Wish that the player chooses past the infant stage.

It's only mentioned when it comes to heirs and spouses but because the entire town is a potential spouse pool technically they all count. 

Chuckles_82

« Reply #771 on: October 21, 2012, 07:36:29 PM »
Oh I hadn't thought of it that way. I just figured that they were a complete no-no. So does that mean if I want a sim as a future spouse, I can't use those elixirs on them before I add them to the household?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #772 on: October 21, 2012, 07:45:50 PM »
Oh I hadn't thought of it that way. I just figured that they were a complete no-no. So does that mean if I want a sim as a future spouse, I can't use those elixirs on them before I add them to the household?

Right.   The whole point of the restrictions on spouses is that you have to take them as the game made them.  So absolutely no personality changes can be made by you.  You can change the way they look through plastic surgery.  You can age them up & down.  You can tattoo every inch of their bodies but you can't make a slob neat or a commitmentphobe family oriented.

The only reason they are not completely banned is because you have no such restrictions on your spares. 

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #773 on: October 21, 2012, 08:06:41 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines as for a best friend, or random townie, but I see what you have there, no problem :)

By samoht04

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #774 on: October 21, 2012, 09:55:37 PM »
Ok, so I think I have been imposing restrictions on my little simmies that may not actually exist. Can spouses and spares max out skills and possibly challenges and it not count against heirs wanting to max those same skills and/or challenges? They remain unique as long as no other heir has them? Forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question, but I spend my life in a perpetual state of sleep deprivation, lol.
Jaymi

Chuckles_82

« Reply #775 on: October 21, 2012, 10:05:36 PM »
Yes :)

EDIT: Also, can spares complete the wishes and challenges, or do they have to be unique to the heirs and only the heirs? Eg, in an immortal dynasty, a spare could

supermax painting, even if it was an heir's supermax skill.

Yes, that's fine.

Spares really have no restrictions tied to them -- aside from any global bans we have put down. All the requirements, etc fall on a current heir's shoulders -- spares are not even in the picture.

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #776 on: October 21, 2012, 10:33:29 PM »
Thanks Chuckles, I don't know how I missed that. I have read every post in the thread multiple times and it seems I skipped right over that one each time. I think I'll blame it on the dog.  ;D
Jaymi

Chuckles_82

« Reply #777 on: October 21, 2012, 10:44:07 PM »
That's ok :D I can't believe you read all the posts! I have too, but only once for most of them! That's a lot of reading!

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #778 on: October 21, 2012, 11:13:55 PM »
That's ok :D I can't believe you read all the posts! I have too, but only once for most of them! That's a lot of reading!

It's a lot more reading if one were to attempt to read all of the comments on the immortal dynasty, or townie decadynasty.  ;D

Chuckles_82

« Reply #779 on: October 22, 2012, 12:00:45 AM »
Ok, so without removing any small parks or current lots, here is a list of EA/UC rabbithole lots that you can fit into MF. I've tried to find lots that are a standard size so that they don't look silly when placed in the middle of a bigger lot, but obviously there could be other choices if you don't mind them swimming around in bigger lots. Remember that unless you have permission, you need to place them before you start. This leaves you with 1 40x40 lot left, which you could either move into or place another lot on, like a bar, and then place your own, much smaller lot to live on (since the rules say you can place an empty lot if your town doesn't have one). I hope people find this list helpful :)

School - Par Excellence 30x40 (townlife) - place on an empty 40x40 lot
Townhall - Hidden Springs - place on empty 64x64 lot - you could use any really, but this one takes up the whole lot and doesn't look silly
Military - Riverview 44x44/Twinbrook 44x44 - place on 50x50 lot
Police - Sunset Valley/Riverview 30x30
Business - Barnacle Bay 40x40 or Hidden Springs 40x30 (though both look a bit funny because one is meant to have road around 3 sides, and the other doesn't go right to the edge of the lot)
Bistro - Riverview 20x25
Grocery - Riverview 20x25
Spa - Twinbrook - remove a 40x40 empty lot and replace with a 40x20 lot and it will go to the edge of the lot
Diner - Union Cove - 30x30
Bookstore - Riverview 20x25
Theatre - Hidden Springs 25x35
Criminal - Hidden Springs 30x30
Science - Lucky Palms 40x40
Hospital - Hidden Springs 50x50 - on the empty 50x50 lot
Stadium - any - Empty 64x64 lot
Film Studio - Union Cove 50x50

There are limited places to put extra empty lots but I have found space for everything here. All lots are snapped to the road, except one 50x50 lot. You can fit that on the 'baseball pitch' opposite the school if you don't mind it not having road access. None of the lots I've placed overlap any spawners (I checked in CAW). If you place a lot on the 50x50 lot on the baseball pitch, I'd recommend one that covers up the terrain paint. The Riverview Military base is a good choice.

Extra lots

30x30
- opposite Fae Rae Gardens
- opposite 71 N Falls Ave (near Gypsy Wagon)
- opposite the vampire lounge

20x25
- opposite Varg's Tavern
- on Wood St around the corner from the equestrian centre

25x35
- opposite the art gallery

20x40
- delete any 40x40 (except the one on Wood St) and replace it with a 40x20

50x50
- on the baseball pitch
- Delete the 40x40 lot on Wood Street, and replace it with a 50x50 lot

Here are some pictures to help with placement - If you put the lots elsewhere you risk overlapping a spawner. I'm not sure if the game deletes the spawners like it does the trees, but you don't want them to be inaccessible if it doesn't.