Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 907739 times)

thesweetestpea

Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2012, 03:40:37 AM »
Can that even be done?  It would have to be in CAS because we don't choose traits when pets age up.  I don't think a pet's traits would be relevant for this challenge, anyway.

I'm planning to start with two pets, so I want to know if I have to randomize their traits or if I can choose them.

Offline Tahilanor

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a journey. Enjoy wandering through it!
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2012, 06:21:43 AM »
Does anyone know how to fix an aging up problem without mods? My Aching family got bugged and my second heir can't age up to teen!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2012, 06:27:59 AM »
Does anyone know how to fix an aging up problem without mods? My Aching family got bugged and my second heir can't age up to teen!!
What exactly is the problem?  You can't use a cake on him or his life bar is frozen?

Go ahead and choose your pet's traits.  For this challenge it's mostly the heirs who have restrictions so that shouldn't be a problem.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2012, 06:43:44 AM »
Rica,did you and Metro come to a descion regarding the bugged schoolhouse.My own opinon is that the player should be allowed to count the opp.The opp was accepted and would have been completed if possible. I myself used edit town to replace the schoolhouse in my own game before starting in hopes of avoiding this problem,so many thanks to the forum member for bringing this to our attention.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2012, 08:27:26 AM »
Rica,did you and Metro come to a descion regarding the bugged schoolhouse.My own opinon is that the player should be allowed to count the opp.The opp was accepted and would have been completed if possible. I myself used edit town to replace the schoolhouse in my own game before starting in hopes of avoiding this problem,so many thanks to the forum member for bringing this to our attention.

Rachel

We had and I thought I had responded but apparently that only happened in my head,  I'm so sorry for that Lady Orc.

Our decision was to absolutely count the opp since it was out of your hands.  Also, the night you age the child to teen or afterwards if it already is, try replacing the school in the hopes it won't be broken for the third generation's school days.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Tahilanor

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2012, 09:03:34 AM »
She is a Werewolf, and the cake does not work. I attempted the cake route when I got the notice that it was her birthday, but all she did was help herself to food from the fridge (even though she was fully satisfied) - no aging up at all. I waited two full SIM days after her '0' day, but nothing happened. I tried another cake, but the same thing happened.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2012, 09:11:32 AM »
She is a Werewolf, and the cake does not work. I attempted the cake route when I got the notice that it was her birthday, but all she did was help herself to food from the fridge (even though she was fully satisfied) - no aging up at all. I waited two full SIM days after her '0' day, but nothing happened. I tried another cake, but the same thing happened.

And you did the resetSim option?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tahilanor

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2012, 10:25:41 AM »
Tried that, and nothing happened. She just went to rock on the rocking chair. Then I thought 'Wait a moment...she's in her were form'. I had her transform back to human, and hey presto! She aged up.  ;D Maybe something to be noted in the guide? Unless it's there already, and I overlooked it....

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2012, 11:10:35 AM »
Thanks Ricalynn, much appreciate it. :) I'll replace the schoolhouse as soon as the heir ages to teen, and hopefully that will avoid further problems.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2012, 12:28:14 PM »
Tried that, and nothing happened. She just went to rock on the rocking chair. Then I thought 'Wait a moment...she's in her were form'. I had her transform back to human, and hey presto! She aged up.  ;D Maybe something to be noted in the guide? Unless it's there already, and I overlooked it....

@Tahilanor — after discussing everything surrounding your issues with Rica — the quadruplets, the early start before the Dynasty went live, the use of mods, and the life extension issue in werewolf form, I am asking you to restart your Dynasty from scratch. A big reason is the precedent we set with an earlier ruling in the DecaDynasty found here —

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,5005.msg200232.html#msg200232

So, please if you are unclear about any rules before restarting, then ask lots of questions. Thanks.

Offline Tahilanor

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2012, 01:34:19 PM »
Bummer. Oh well. Will do!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2012, 03:27:29 PM »
This is based on the list of 5000+ point wishes I put together when testing for the Final Wishmaster's Challenge (last updated 5 Aug 2018).

Skills
Athletic: Reach level 10; work out for 12 hours straight (athletic trait or relevant LTW)
Logic: Reach level 10; discover all potions (level 10 with undiscovered potions); discover 50/100 stars
Charisma: Reach level 10
Cooking: Learn all recipes; reach level 10
Gardening: Reach level 10, grow a perfect life fruit
Fishing: Catch all fish; reach level 10
Handiness: Reach level 10; do 50 upgrades
Painting: Reach level 10; paint something worth §3K/3.5K/4K; paint 10/15 masterpieces (NB 10/15 more, not total)
Guitar: Reach level 10; earn §5000 in tips
Drums: Reach level 10; earn §5000 in tips
Bass: Reach level 10; earn §5000 in tips
Piano: Reach level 10; earn §5000 in tips.  (All of the instrument wishes have different names)
Writing: Reach level 10; write a book worth at least §7500/10000/15000 in royalties; make at least §10000/25000 a week in royalties; write 25/40/60/80/100 novels; write 10/25 bestsellers; write a masterpiece (value varies, even for the same Sim)
Inventing:Reach level 10; make miner (with eccentric/relevant wish); make time machine; detonate 50 objects (? - 4500 points with ambitious + eccentric but other wish), detonate 100 objects; mine 50 gems, mine 50 rocks, mine 50 metals
Sculpting: Reach level 10; earn §5k/§10k/§20k sculpting; sculpt a masterpiece; sculpt something worth at least §1000; place 50/100 sculptures
Riding: Reach level 10
Photography: Reach level 10; take photo worth §2500/3500/5000 (wish values vary, even for the same Sim); make §5000/10000 selling photographs (I can't get this one to register - can anyone else?)
Martial Arts: Reach level 10; become grand master of tournament; meditate for 24/48 hours; break 500 boards
Nectar Making: Reach level 10; make 500 bottles of nectar; make a bottle of nectar worth at least §150/250
Alchemy: Reach level 10, Create 20 elixirs (with Alchemy Artisan LTW)
Mixology: Reach level 10, create 20 custom drinks
Science: Reach level 10
Street Art: Reach level 10
Social Networking: Reach level 10

Careers
Reach level 10 of … career (N.B. not branch-specific)
Can also have 'reach top of … career' - both >5000 points - although I've only seen one Sim (Nancy Landgraab) get both at once.

Ghost Hunter: 'Reach level 8' is 5K with Paranormal Profiteer wish and ambitious, level 10 is >5K for any Sim; donate 100/200 spirits to science
Architect: Level 9 is 5K with Home Design Hotshot wish and ambitious, level 10 is >5K for any Sim
Stylist: Style 50/100 Sims

(May be more wishes available for large numbers of stakeouts/fire rescues/renovations in Ambitions careers - didn't test this far)

Sports Agent: Earn §25,000/Earn §50,000.  (It's likely that there are similar wishes for the other 'social group' jobs.)

Miscellaneous
Have 25 friends - with Super Popular LTW (irrespective of traits) - less than 5K for others
Read 50 books (bookworm trait)
Find relics worth §3000/5000
Donate §10k to (undermine) charity

Resurrect x

Marry x   
Get married
Have first child   
Have a child (Only 5K with ambitious, family-oriented & Surrounded by Family wish)
Have a girl   
Have a boy   
Have 10 children (also 5??)
Have 10/20 grandchildren   

See child get to sports level 5   
See child get to medicine level 5   
See child get to science level 3 - for level 10 scientist with crossbreeder wish and traits suited to science career (not sure how many of these are needed for wish to be 5K)
See child get to level 9 criminal - with evil trait (also for master criminals)

Be worth more than §500K/1M (§200K and 300K also used to count but seem to have been devalued in later patches)
Own 5/7 venues

Have parties??? (Party animal/politician - wishes are for # more, not total - 10 is only 2K)

Animals' wishes (not relevant here but included for completeness):

Horse
Reach level 10 jumping   
Reach level 10 racing   

Cat/Dog
Reach level 10 hunting

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2012, 05:20:01 PM »
@hazelnut, thank you so much...that list is very helpful. :)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2012, 05:45:50 PM »
Metro,can we count the 5k have first child wish as one of the heir requirements even though you actually need to bring in the next heir in order to fulfill the wish. Obviously this would be the last 5k wish that the heir could complete. Or are all baby wishes out.
Saying that the see child do x wishes and grandchildren wishes are pretty much out as far as I can see.As they can only be complete after the next heir makes an apperence.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2012, 06:52:11 PM »
The way I see it is if you max two skills, at least one of which has additional wishes, that gives you 3; reach the top of your career is 4, and marry x gives you 5, with the money and venue wishes as fallbacks. That means you probably can't marry the non-normal being you become best friends with. It does help to have all the expansion packs, however, or at least Ambitions and World Adventures or Late Night.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.