Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898460 times)

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #405 on: September 30, 2012, 05:35:30 AM »
My Gen 2 heir just grew to YA. The new random trait does not show and one of his other traits has changed. In total there were 3 birthdays on the lot today and the last trait for all the sims does not show in their panels.
May I use the cheat to fix this?

I just had the same thing happen with my heir: her randomly rolled trait does not show up. Not even after restarting the game. She's one of triplets and the non-heirs (humans) got their third trait assigned by the game and those show up. I don't mind the third trait - slob - not showing up, but if we are supposed to have all the traits, should I use a cheat to add it?

And sorry about spamming the thread. I had a nice long simming session on a Sunday morning when the rest of the family was still asleep.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #406 on: September 30, 2012, 06:32:20 AM »
I just had the same thing happen with my heir: her randomly rolled trait does not show up. Not even after restarting the game. She's one of triplets and the non-heirs (humans) got their third trait assigned by the game and those show up. I don't mind the third trait - slob - not showing up, but if we are supposed to have all the traits, should I use a cheat to add it?

Yes, in this situation we allow the cheat to bring the trait back.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #407 on: September 30, 2012, 07:32:26 AM »
I just opened the game. The traits are still missing, so, with permission I will add them.
Thank you.
RK

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #408 on: October 01, 2012, 02:41:25 AM »
In game my ghost mother and fairy father gave birth to a normal sim. Would this sim have to be the heir or am I allowed to try again in hopes for a ghostboo?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #409 on: October 01, 2012, 03:08:14 AM »
In game my ghost mother and fairy father gave birth to a normal sim. Would this sim have to be the heir or am I allowed to try again in hopes for a ghostboo?

The rules state that the first child born that's a different life state than the current heir is the heir for the next generation.  If you don't already have a normal Sim, I think you would have to accept this baby as the heir.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #410 on: October 01, 2012, 03:15:43 AM »
The rules state that the first child born that's a different life state than the current heir is the heir for the next generation.  If you don't already have a normal Sim, I think you would have to accept this baby as the heir.
Okay thanks Pam. Just needed further clarification. Shame but at least she was a rainboo.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #411 on: October 01, 2012, 09:53:34 AM »
@Rica and Metro,I just want to check that it was okay for me to move in my heirs spouse even though my heir is still only a teen and he didn't ask her to move in his mum did.
I ask because of the wording the heir has to bring in a spouse to bring in the next generation,and technically he didn't bring her into the household.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #412 on: October 01, 2012, 10:02:28 AM »
Rachel, I asked Rica this and it's a no. We have to wait until the heir is ready to marry. I can't find the log, sorry.

Edit:

Me: Can I add her (next spouse) to the household as soon as my heir is born?
Rica: No.. heirs have ot be marriagable age

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #413 on: October 01, 2012, 10:06:17 AM »
Sweetest Pea is right.   For the Life States Dynasty - the heir needs to be of marriageable age to bring in the spouse and this includes all potential spouses including the Imaginary Friends so you'll have to stay friends with them until you're a YA if you want an IF in your dynasty. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #414 on: October 01, 2012, 10:23:29 AM »
Oh dear that means I have failed. I guess I better go move the Smiths to the stories Graveyard.
Note to everyone do not take pain meds and Sim you will make very bad choices  :'(

Edit it might be an idea to put in the rules about the heir being of marrigable age before bringing in his or her spouse to be. It doesn't actually say it in the rules so it could cause some confusion.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #415 on: October 01, 2012, 11:41:46 AM »
For the Life States Dynasty - the heir needs to be of marriageable age to bring in the spouse and this includes all potential spouses including the Imaginary Friends so you'll have to stay friends with them until you're a YA if you want an IF in your dynasty.

Whoa, I'm so glad that this came up! I have very little experience of IFs (I've only had Generations for about a month or so), so will the IF grow up into a young adult with it's owner? Somehow I just thought they would vanish when the teen aged up if not made real, so the few times I've played IFs, I have always made them real as teens.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #416 on: October 01, 2012, 11:42:51 AM »
As long as you stay good friends with them, an IF can remain an IF and invisible for the entire life of your Sim. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #417 on: October 01, 2012, 11:46:32 AM »
Thanks, Rica, again. I would surely have made a mistake with an Imaginary friend later in my dynasty attempt.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #418 on: October 01, 2012, 11:50:53 AM »
Speaking if IF's, can an IF count towards the unique friend requirement?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #419 on: October 01, 2012, 11:52:07 AM »
Technically they are not a part of the household and no one else can be come friends with them but let me check with Metro.

anything