Author Topic: Mission Highly Unlikely: Mission Complete  (Read 155260 times)

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
Re: Mission Highly Unlikely: Mission Complete
« Reply #630 on: December 09, 2012, 05:11:23 PM »
I loved this! I support the idea of a nameless sequel, maybe with his children? Or simply with other nameless sims! Maybe a whole category of nameless sim stories!

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #631 on: January 06, 2013, 03:41:15 PM »
Funny, I started reading this story when you started writing it.  Not sure what happened and I did follow it for while and I guess RL sort of stepped in.  Well, this morning I found it again and started over and just finished it.  Again, such a wonderful and delightful story Schipp.  Your writing is such a joy and the screenshots go with it perfectly.  I always get excited when I see that you are writing another story, darn, like someone else said, "I have something in my eye", lol. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #632 on: January 06, 2013, 03:53:38 PM »
Aw, thanks very much, Salty!  I know you've had a lot going on in RL, and I'm glad you found the time to take another look at Nameless and Mary's story.  I had a lot of fun writing it, and I was sorry when it ended.  The time was right for it to end, but I missed it so I started another story - the Ben Oliver one - that I think is going to have some similarities, except the "mission" isn't going to be as specific as it was in this story.  The plan is for Oliver to have multiple shorter adventures.  But it's just started, so we'll see how it plays out. 

Thanks again for the comment.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Alexrandia

• Hopeless Sim Addict
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: Mission Highly Unlikely: Successful Completion
« Reply #633 on: January 17, 2013, 03:09:31 PM »
Dimension H has kept me from the forum for a while, so I just caught up on this story today. Amazing as usual, Schipperke!

I've been reading this over again, Schipperke, and I wanted to say that I can't think of another writer who can tell a story and make me invest emotionally in a character without ever showing his face.

I couldn't agree more! You're so good at taking screenshots! I'm off to check out Ben Oliver. :D I do hope he turns into a series.
Call me Alex.

One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. - Robert Heinlein

My first story: Woods Family Empire
Based on the project I wrote: Family Empire.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Mission Highly Unlikely: 24. Mr Payne Rocks
« Reply #634 on: June 13, 2013, 06:47:41 PM »
I went out to see what it was and found a small parcel from Mr Payne.  I read the attached note:  "Dear Nameless, I happened on this interesting little rock the other day.  Naturally I thought of Mary and her rock collection.  I'm sure this rock is quite worthless, but perhaps if Mary polishes it up it will make a pretty addition to her collection.  Just the thing for an aspiring rock collector."  He went on to say, "You may not be hearing from me for a while as I have been invited to a family wedding. (emphasis my own) I remain, your devoted friend, Mr Payne.  ps.  Don't put the rock in your pocket and forget it.  I know how absent-minded you can be.  Be sure to give it to Mary right away."

At first I had assumed that this was just more of Mr. Payne's deception, about going to a wedding. I've recently decided to re-read the story (a very good idea, by the way) and now I wonder if this was a veiled reference to the conclusion of Flowers Waiting for Grim? Leo did end up getting married, after all. Which I suppose would've been further proof that Nameless was not, in fact, Leo at all. I wonder why I never noticed all of this the first time around.  :P

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Mission Highly Unlikely: 24. Mr Payne Rocks
« Reply #635 on: June 13, 2013, 07:29:26 PM »
At first I had assumed that this was just more of Mr. Payne's deception, about going to a wedding. I've recently decided to re-read the story (a very good idea, by the way) and now I wonder if this was a veiled reference to the conclusion of Flowers Waiting for Grim? Leo did end up getting married, after all. Which I suppose would've been further proof that Nameless was not, in fact, Leo at all. I wonder why I never noticed all of this the first time around.  :P

Congratulations!  Yes, Mr Payne was indeed heading off to Leo and Sunflower's wedding.  But the wedding turned out to be a very private affair and was never shown in the story - which is my way of saying I know I'm no good at making beautiful weddings so I decided not to try. 

I'm glad you found the story worth re-reading.  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Rocknryan4

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #636 on: February 15, 2014, 11:23:08 PM »
Wow, such a beautiful story, your writing skill astounds me.
The Angel Orphanage is coming soon!!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #637 on: February 16, 2014, 03:27:05 PM »
Wow, such a beautiful story, your writing skill astounds me.

Thank you very much, Rocknryan!  I'm glad you enjoyed the story.  :)

Offline Jocboos

• blanket bundle
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Yes I really am a twin. Other twin: audbooh
« Reply #638 on: April 11, 2014, 03:42:03 PM »
*walks on stage, fixs the microphone to her height, takes out a piece of paper and clears her throat*

Schipperke~

I am new. I joined only in January and all of the stories I read are completed. But I still feel the need to accomplish you on your wonderful stories. I was rereading Ben Oliver's story when I came across this and I was like "You know what I will read it. I have nothing better to do," but it was well worth it. Your story is one of the best I have read. People across your stories say your a good writer, but I didn't even think about it until I read both of your stories, Nameless' and Ben Oliver's (so far). You are a wonderful writer and I will look forward to your stories and the continuous story of Ben Oliver.  Thank you for your strongly beautiful stories.

Jocboo signing off~

*mutters "I can't believe I wrote this on my phone" and takes a bow*
* walks off stage smiling and waving to the audience of the presentation after the movie (story)*
"You were fantastic, and you know what? So was I." - The 9th Doctor

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #639 on: April 17, 2014, 09:22:52 PM »
Jocboos, thank you very much for that lovely compliment! 

I have to say, of the stories I've written, this one was one of my favourites.  And the reader participation really contributed to the story too.

Thanks again, and I'm glad you enjoyed the story.  :)

Offline Jocboos

• blanket bundle
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Yes I really am a twin. Other twin: audbooh
« Reply #640 on: May 15, 2014, 07:42:28 PM »
Jocboos, thank you very much for that lovely compliment! 

I have to say, of the stories I've written, this one was one of my favourites.  And the reader participation really contributed to the story too.

Thanks again, and I'm glad you enjoyed the story.  :)

Truthfully I really liked this story.... I was reading Ben's story when I heard of Nameless so I had to read his story... being the curious girl I am. Once again.. great story  ;D
"You were fantastic, and you know what? So was I." - The 9th Doctor

anything