Author Topic: A Dymnd Family Remodeling - Witness Protection  (Read 5106 times)

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
A Dymnd Family Remodeling - Witness Protection
« on: September 17, 2012, 03:53:00 AM »
Al Simhara, Egypt...

"You're name is Lamar D'amond..."

"HOW COULD YOU!! I WON'T LET YOU HURT HIM"

"Calm down and it will all be fine. Don't worry."

"NO!! I WILL NOT LEAVE HER BEHIND!!"

"Honey you need to cooperate if this is going to work"

"I WILL NOT LET YOU DO THIS!"

"Honey, it's already done. The town has been wiped out! There's nothing left."

"Young man... Young man... I need your name for tent assignments.

"What? I'm sorry. I seemed to have dozed off."

"We've arrived," said the irritated guide. "Tent assignments. At base camp. Name please?"

Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, he replied, "My name is Lamar D'amond."

"Alrighty," sighed the guide as he gestured toward the base camp. "Tent eight. Welcome to Egypt Mr. D'amond"

The New Union Cove...

The entire town was wiped of it's memory five months ago with the rise of the full moon. It's moonlight effect, reacting with the chimical spill not only dissintegrated any trace of weird potion, but it also sent a current that zapped any trace of the chemical in anyone's mind - the memories. Everyone is now oblivious to the horrible chemical spill that caused such chaos on the town... As well as anyone that was connected to it. It was like it - and them, never happened.

Only one was unharmed...

Meet PinkaPooch. Isn't he so ugly he's cute?  ;D

This Dalmation was a stray that was just simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

He was sniffing around someone's yard and stepped in some glowing goo. He licked his paws and ran off. Tracking the goo all over Union Cove. Every step of his paws causing tragedy throughout the town, and to himself.

He was hidden inside a chest in a storage unit full of furniture from the Faded Glory remodel when the full moon arose. The owner of the remodel promised her son that she would take care of him before her memory was wiped.  And he never told her where he was for fear the UCMA would interogate her.

So... PinkaPooch (named by her) is the newest member of the D'amond family.

Ramshackle Retreat 753

"I know it's not much, sweetheart," she said to her daughter. who was hugging her tightly, "But it's all we can afford right now. The flats had a strict no pets policy."

Alright let's meet the family, minus one.

This is Rachelle D'amond. She is at square one. No job, no skills, no dreams, and very little money.  A heavy price to pay. At least she doesn't remember it. On the bright side, her heart is a clean slate.

This little darling is Makaila D'amond. Luckily because she was so young there wasn't much to lose. Nothing of importance. just walking, talking, pottying, and whatever other skills she may have had. Who needs that, right?

Rachelle was patting PinkaPooch gently on the head while contemplating what to do with this.. place. "Don't worry Pinky, we'll make it look as good as new... I hope."

She walked around the dark yard. She knew she could do this. She just had to get her head together. A part of her was feeling like she'd already done this before. But the other part was so confused. Like things were happening all at once. What she was certain of is that this is what she wanted... Not sure if she really expected this bump in the road, but she had to get a grip for goodness sakes. She was wondering how her son was doing when she stopped in her tracks.

"Oh my," She said quietly. "Is that an actual wagon?"

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: A Dymnd Family Remodeling - Witness Protection
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 04:18:47 AM »
So excited you decided to start over. The mystery about Egypt is killing me though, can't wait to read more.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 05:13:20 AM »
Oh wow! GREAT start, I'm dying to see what happens...

Did Caesar Lamar really cause the spill?  :o

Joanne

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 11:20:50 AM »
Great start and so full of mystery! Can't wait for the next update. ;D

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 03:59:02 AM »
He walked casually on through the base camp. He was very much on guard and had no idea what to expect.

"Hey buddy! Over here. Name!"

"Hello, sir. D'amond is the name. Lamar D'amond. I was told to report here."

"Aren't you a little young to be traveling these parts by yourself?" Said the fellow explorer.

He chuckled, "Yes. Yes, sir, I am. "

The guide shrugged. "Ok then. I'm Toby. I'll be the head guy here. But you don't report to me. You're pretty much on your own. Your assignment is on that board over there. If you choose to accept them."

Lamar walked over to the board. He noticed a small piece of paper hidden behind the rest. Looked like it was in some kind of code. He quickly grabbed it while Toby wasn't looking.

"Thank you, sir. Can you point me to my tent, please?"

"Sure thing buddy. It's over that way. Maybe I'll see you around."

As Toby walked off he turned back, "Hey a little advice. Stay clear of this tomb here. Plenty have tried with no luck of getting in there. Probably shouldn't waste your time."

"Yes, sir, I understand."

Lamar went over and stared at the entry way.

"Well, seems I have my day planned already." He said to himself.

Back at the New UC...

As Makaila was taking her steps, a car pulled up to the yard, followed by a firetruck

"Oh no. Neighbors!" She shrieded to Makaila. "Who the heck would be caught dead on this lot?!"

She was startled by her own voice. Where did that come from. That didn't sound like her... Did it?

"Hi," Said the firefighter. "My name's Nichole. Did you hear about the meteor drop here just two weeks ago?"

Rachelle's jaw dropped. "Uh, no. Are you sure it was this place? Why would they allow this lot on the market if it's a meteor site?"

Nichole replied, "One man's trash is another man's treasure, I always say. Sorry to welcome you with bad news."

Rachelle sighed heavily, "Great. I guess I should have expected that. I wish I could say I got this place cheap." Malissa stormed into the house to make some refreshments.

Nichole smiled sympathetically, "Hey don't worry. I would be happy to help get this place a bit more presentable. If you like."

Rachelle nodded. "That is so nice of you. Looks like I could use all the help I can get."

Then suddenly they turned to a startled cry. Rachelle ran over to the bathroom...hut.

"Hello," Rachelle said calmly. "I know this place is horrible. I wasn't really expecting visitors till, well never."

"Candice!" Nicole shouted, "Don't be so rude. They just moved here."

Candice sniffed, "It's... not... that..." She pointed under the hut.

"O MY GOSH!"

I was wondering how long it would take for her to notice that...

"THERE'S A BODY UNDER MY HOUSE!!"

Everybody ran off the lot. Rachelle was alone with a skeleton. She didn't know whether to laugh of cry.

"Oh well I guess I'll have someone to talk to."

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 02:36:12 AM »
Caesar got up and headed out of his tent do a deserted camp. He was still suspicious of where he was. The quicker he got what he came for the quicker he can get home. He missed his girls so much.

As he rode, he thought about his Love. His Poppi Sead. Was she thinking of him? Did she still believe in his promise?

He arrived at the report site and was in awe of the beauty he ran arrived at. He always wanted to visit Egypt, but not like this. Not under some government order.

“Hello young man," The woman said sweetly.

The young man moved in close and said, “Is the vision of the full moon a precious one?”

The local woman’s face changed immediately to a serious one. “Ahh yes. But not as precious as the memory one has of that full moon.”

He nodded seriously, “What is the task, Ma’am?”

“Aren’t you a little young to be exploring tombs?”

“Yes. Yes ma’am. I am.”

“Ok then,” she shrugged. "It is said that the Egyptian healers had powers over the mind. There are supposed to be historical accounts of these in the tomb. Your mission Mr. D’amond is to retrieve them.”

“Uh, how is it that you know my name?”

“Oh. Is that your name?” The local woman replied with a raised eyebrow.

“Y-yes,” he said suspiciously. He wondered what information was at her disposal.

As the woman headed back to her cottage, she warned him. “None have make it out of the tomb when they enter. And ones that do return do not have memories of ever experiencing it.”

“Hopefully I will remember to report back.”

As our too young explorer headed back to camp, he hoped he wouldn't run into any of the other explorers. He didn't need any complications on this mission. He snuck past the camp site and slowly entered the tomb. He looked around and took in a deep breath. He headed for the stairs.

When he walked down into the first dark room he walked right into a chest. He looked around and saw the door had a moons shaped keyhole. He quickly ran to the chest.

He pulled out the moon shaped key and grabbed the gold coins off the floor.

“Well that wasn’t so difficult.” He said so the key as he walked back over to the door. He wondered what the camp mates were so worried about. He didn’t take too long trying to remember what Toby said as he pushed the key in wall.

After he put the key in the wondered if perhaps this was just a little too simple. He paused for a second. He felt like his brain just went blank. He shook his head as he watched the door open.

He walked down the stairs to the darkness below and stopped at another door. He looked around and almost lost his breath at the remains on the floor.

“Hey buddy,” He whispered, “Don’t suppose you can give me a clue here, can ya?” he walked over the the foot panel. Then he suddenly stopped to read the engravings on the Egyption Goddess heads:

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. And one man’s wasted memories are another man’s treasures.

He stared at the symbols of the words and wondered how he knew what that meant. He decided that he didn't want to waste brain cells trying to understand why his head was spinning, but he knew that the words meant something very important. Especially the first part, but he couldn't put a finger on where he heard it from.

“OH NO! This tomb is cursed. 'Another man's treasure.' This place sucks out memories. The more I remember the quicker they will be taken. Gotta outa here. And fast. He ran like he had to get home before curfew then forgot what curfew was for him. He thought 'A mind is a terrible thing to waste.' Who was it that told him that? The harder he tried to remember the face of his mother the quickly he was losing focus.

"No no. C'mon D'amond. C'mon. Gotta get through this."

He zipped through the door and there it was. Standing against the wall was the sacred chest. He walked cautiously over to the chest. Surely there was a reason he was in this room. As he got closer he started to loose his train of thought. As soon as he realized that the closer he go to the chest the more his memory was draining, he quickly forgot about it.

He was thinking about the Egyptian stories he read in the library with Poppi and then they quickly left his mind. He was doing his best to not think about anything from his past but then couldn't remember why. He reached the chest and threw open the lid violently.

Inside there was not just old parchments, but stones and jewels that stole his mind. A memory of finding metals in his home town suddenly came to his head then it was gone. "Karmi," he said out loud. He grabbed one of the stones and then the first day of school came to mind. But he couldn't remember what he was doing. He instantly thought of his first day of chemistry. "Green eyes," he whispered. He closed his eyes and saw his Poppi smiling at him. Suddenly he shook his head and snapped out of it.

"No, this is my treasure not yours." He grabbed the stones and found the some parchments wrapped in leather. He unwrapped one of them. He did not know why he was surprised that it was not a historical account of ancient healing.

He skimmed the parchment. “These are instructions on now to bottle up memories. Is this what I was sent to find?”

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 04:43:28 AM »
AWESOME.

Feel really bad for Malissa having a body under her house  ;D

Excellent tomb-raiding update! Ahh, can't wait for the next chapter!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 05:07:49 AM »
I love adventuring! (See link in signature.)

The backstory for the tomb raid is pretty cool. Memories...
Check out my new story here!

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 06:19:11 PM »
AWESOME.

Feel really bad for Malissa having a body under her house  ;D

Excellent tomb-raiding update! Ahh, can't wait for the next chapter!

Malissa? Who's that?  ;)

Thanks for reading guys. This is my first experience using WA. Glad everyone is enjoying it.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 04:22:49 AM »
Hey guys I know it has been awhile. Not quite a month yet but pretty close. I was out of town with limited internet. I should have at least posted a status or something from my phone so you guys wouldn't think it dropped off. Oh I missed playing my Simmies. I even missed the Zombies... Ok not them so much. I was only able to get a minor Sim fix from the Sims Freeplay App.  ;)

Anyway, I hope to grab your attention again starting with my next chapter which will be up in moments. On the bright side is that it's great timing for Halloween spirit.

Gotta put these irritating zombies to some use, right?

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 05:04:52 AM »

"What do you mean we have to leave? What do you want?"

"You know what we want."

"What kind of agency is this?"

"One that cleans up messes."

"You people are insane."

"Of course we are. It keeps away the paparazzi. It's for the best."

"Look, I agreed to what you asked. Now where's my son?"

"Answering for his crimes. And he will be motivated to cooperate."

"I don't believe he could have done this. It was just a harmless messing around. He isn't even in the chemistry club."

"You can't cover up for him forever. We will get what we want by any means necessary"

"What are you saying…?"

Rachelle shot up in a panic. What was that she was dreaming about? As quickly as she thought about it she forgot it. Like it evaporated when she opened her eyes. But it felt like a distant memory. Why did it seem so familiar? So real? And why can’t she remember it?

She put it in the back of her mind as she got up. She had enough on her mind. Like the skeleton under her house. What should she do? Call the police? A hospital? The paparazzi?

When she got outside she as startled by a raccoon. “Great. Just great. First a body and now a raccoon.”

“Argh. Get outa here rodent.” She made a mental note to fence in her garden. She walked past her wilted grapes and headed angrily back in the house. She looked at PinkaPooch laying in the hall as she headed to her room. “Sleeping on the job, Pinky?”

While Makaila was still sleeping, Rachelle got dressed and headed for the kitchen. “Enough moping about, Cactus,” she said. “Time to get this show on the road. We are NOT going to have a skeleton laying around this place that’s not pulling any weight. I mean, I haven’t even seen a ghost or anything.”

And what a show it was. Determined to make the best of this predicament, she did what she did best… Focus.

When Makaila woke up, it was potty time.

“We need to get this potty thing rolling Missy. Time to pull your weight. We do not have money for diapers. We need to get this house livable for when your brother comes home.”

She hadn't heard anything from him in week. She was wondering if this was just all a dream. Did she even have a son? She didn't even understand why he had to go. Then suddenly he was gone. What was going on with her head?

“What’s wrong with you?!” She whispered to herself and picked up her daughter. She pushed back her worries. “Focus.”

She started lunch. “How can I not know how to make Mac-n-Cheese? This is ridiculous.”

She slammed the spoon on the stove. “Get it together, Cactus! We will not lose it. Remember who we are.” She stirred up her food. “We will get through this.”

Makaila sat outside playing. She remembered her brother, but not as much as she’d like. How he gave her a big hug goodbye but didn’t understand why he was leaving without her. And why did he tell her to change Boinky's clothes and take care of him? How did he even know? There were a lot of things she didn't understand. Like all the different things she was thinking about at nap time. The nightmares of the crazy babysitter. Who was she? And why was Boinky acting so strange?

She snapped out of her thoughts at the sound of her mother slamming something in the kitchen. Whatever this was that was going on, she knew her mother was to blocks short of a set right now. She decided it would be best to stay outside until called. She’d rather deal with the creepiness outside the house than her mommy right now.

Inside, Rachelle ran around the house like a robot on overdrive. She cooked...

Then headed outside. Where she gardened...

She attempted to get the outhouse cleaned…

“Of course.”

Later…

“That does it! I cannot live like this.” She grabbed the paper off the porch and sat down. “forget the wallpaper. We need new everything. It’s going to be forever before I can call this yard an acceptable garden for profit," She tore through the pages, "so we’ll need to find another means. Now what type of career do we want Cactus?”

Her eye went straight to mail room clerk at the town business building without a second thought. She wondered what the heck she’d want to do in a corporate setting but didn't think of it too long. It was starting tomorrow and there was no interview process.

“Alrighty,” she sighed. She folded the paper back up and headed for the garbage. “At least one thing accomplished. Now to get a sitter.”

As she turned to the side of the house her brain almost exploded.

“PINKYYYYY!!!”

She stomped over to the raccoon prepared topunt it like a football into the trees, but it dodged her foot, almost sending her to the ground. She took in a breath and held it while slamming the can upright and plunging the trash into it along with her paper. And then…

Pinky jumped at attention. But not because of the yelling for him at front of the house.

But because of another kind of pest on the other side of the house.

PinkaPooch was not about to let whatever that was coming out of the ground get to Makaila playing on the porch.

“Now you protect my mother and sister, boy. Stay hidden in here. No matter what happens, you keep them safe.”

Pinky remembered the strange people showing up around town and turning everyone weird. He tried and failed to save them. But he didn't think about that. Failure was not an option now. He was loyal to his friend who saved him. He owed him. He helped him when no one else would come near him.

He went outside and nuzzled Makaila with his nose, in hopes she would think he’d want to play. Makaila hugged him and crawled in the house to his toy box, just like he hoped. He followed her inside and instantly turned back around.

He didn’t know how he would stop them but he wasn't going to let whatever that was get into the house. He glanced over in alarm at Rachelle who was still irritated by the raccoon. He barked towards her.

Rachelle turned around in frustration. “Oh NOW you want to participate?!” she snapped at him, shaking her fist, “You’re lucky you’re so cute. Or I’d…” PinkaPooch barked at her some more. Did she not see this Weird-Person-Thing eating at her plants? Or was she so infuriated she didn't even notice? She needed to get in the house now!

Then it was clear. She couldn't see them. Rachelle walked right past it coming up the stairs and stopped. “OH MY GOSH!! What the heck happened to my grapes?!” She turned to the dog ready to punt him next. “PINKY!! HOW COULD YOU?!!?” She stormed past him and grabbed his bowl. He walked over to her and whined.

“What the heck were you thinking? I better not catch you in my garden when I get the fence up or sir help me I will ship you out.

He let out a final whine and a snort and trotted to the window. It was over by the outhouse now. Digging into the next grape bush. Pinky whined quietly out the window.

“Great,” he thought, “This is going to be quite the challenge getting her to like me now.”

“Ok, Pinks, c'mon.” Rachelle called to him, clearly exhausted. “Dinner.”

He went over to his plate and she petted him behind the ears. Was he forgiven? He watched her while chewing pickup Makaila and take her to bed. He relaxed and enjoyed his dinner.

He was thinking about nuzzling next to her on the bed when suddenly he heard her freak out from the bedroom.

“No!” She dragged herself out the room. Clearly she was at her wits end. She didn't even pay attention to him yelping at her as she closed the door on him. She sluggishly headed for the outhouse.

He scratched and scratched and growled at the window. He stared out the window. The thing didn't seem to be phased by Rachelle any more than she was of it. How can he protect them from something they couldn't even see? He thought about how the town treated him. It all made sense now. If he was a person they’d think he was a raving lunatic. Running round growling and barking at everyone. But as a human at least they would be able to understand him. No wonder everyone in town thought he was a rabid dog.

He watched his owner walk tiredly into the house as the thing ran down the street.

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 07:19:17 AM »
Curiouser and curiouser...

Glad to see you're back up and running! hope you're enjoying WA, I think it's a great expansion pack...

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 09:14:07 PM »
Curiouser and curiouser...

Glad to see you're back up and running! hope you're enjoying WA, I think it's a great expansion pack...

I am actually. I have only been to Egypt because it's my favorite place. But so far so good. Soon I will accept some opportunities that involve traveling.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2012, 08:11:04 PM »
Makaila sat on the porch while her mom was getting ready to go.

She couldn't sleep after that weird dream about the crazy babysitter. This time she was stalking her brother and trying to impress him by being all sweet to her. She was nuts! She even came to the house dressed up for some dance. But he was going with someone else. She was so distracted by her heartbreak she wouldn't let Makaila out the highchair to go potty. It was so very insane.

Then suddenly it changed to a bunch of flashing lights and someone taking her Boinky away. She was screaming and she was hearing her brother yelling in the background as she saw her Boinky fall into the brightness. She was so terrified when she woke up she refused to go back to sleep. And her Boinky was gone!

She was so glad she didn't have one of those sitters while her mommy went to work. Not her Frank Boudreau. He was nothing short of a toddler’s dream sitter.

He was fun and kind and always paid attention to her.

She was thinking about her DreamSitter when she saw him coming up the street. Oh horray! She knew he'd help her find her Boinky. She started jumping up and yelping happily. Rachelle poked her head out when she heard Makaila squealing excitedly as Frank came into the yard.

“Hey you,” he said to Makaila as she greeted him with open arms and those I’m cute pick me up eyes. He immediately scooped her up and tickled her.

“How’s my little Wiggleworm? What are you doing up so early?”

Rachelle giggled as she went back to getting dressed for work. “Well good morning, Monsieur Bourdreau.” She yelled from her room.

She absolutely loved Frank. She knew no other babysitters before him. Not even in Apaloosa. He not only was second to her brother in Makaila’s eyes, he even took on a couple of the chores while she was gone.

Deep in thought, she thought sadly of her son. Still no word from him. Should she worry? Who does she call? She only hoped that her son would be able to meet her Godsend Frank. She knew they could be great friends. She wanted to write him a long letter about it, but she had no idea where to address it.e

“Bonjour Madame D’amond,” He bowed his head to her. He laughed as he walked in the house and put Makaila down. “How’s the new job?” he yelled across the porch.

“Oh it’s uh… Well let’s just say it puts food in our bellies and keeps you here to take care of my little devil.”

“Well then in that case you better get going,” said Frank. “I’ll call you if I find any more bodies under the house.” He tried unsuccessfully to hold in his laughter.

Rachelle nearly choked in the mirror. She stepped out of the bedroom and glared across the porch at him with a smirk. “Oh you think that’s funny, huh? How did you find out about that?”

“Oh Candice is not very good with secrets or discretion.”

“Obviously,” she sighed. “She was completely hysterical. I suppose it was a bit overwhelming.” Rachelle took one more glance in the mirror as she heard the car pull up. “Well off to another day,” she said to her reflection.

Frank went over to Makaila as she was rubbing her eyes. “Someone looks like they are ready to finish their sleep.”

Makaila reached for her mom so she could get a kiss goodbye. Her mother then passed her over to her Dream Sitter. “Yes I’m sure you are right, Frank. She has been having bad dreams lately I think. Having trouble sleeping.”

Frank and Makaila watched as Rachelle pulled off. “Ok, Wiggleworm, what do you want to do today?”

Makaila was tired but she didn't want to go back to sleep to that crazy dream. Frank put her in her highchair and made her a nice warm bottle. He always knew what to do to make it all better. He was just like her big brother. She wondered as she took her milk if she would ever see him again.

Frank took to his normal tasks of tidying up the house.

He had been drawn to Makaila and Rachelle since he first saw them in the bookstore. He felt like he was supposed to know them. He felt responsible for them. He didn't think anything of it really. He liked to babysit and her son was doing research abroad. So why not help her out a bit? She had so much on her plate in only being her a few weeks.

When he was done with the dishes he turned to see a dozing Makaila in the highchair. He smiled as he grabbed the sleepy little devil and carried her to her crib.

“Alright, Mademoiselle,” he whispered to her. “It’s time for bed,”

He laid her down. He wondered what kind of dreams she was having that kept her up at night. He glanced down at the floor and saw Boinky laying behind the crib. “Well no wonder you’re having bad dreams.” He knelt and grabbed Boinky, “You were sleeping without your partner in crime.” He put it in the crib next to her. “You know you aren't supposed to go anywhere without him.”

Makaila fell asleep before she could wonder what he meant by that.

On the way to work, Rachelle sat on the passenger side deep in thought.

So many strange things have been happening. The dreams, the moon, the stupid body under her outhouse…Her plants…

“Good morning, ma’am,” said, Suzanne, the driver, happily.

Rachelle nodded absentmindedly and stared off out the window. What going on with the plants? She thought to herself. Why have they just dissolved? She took in a deep breath. She owes PinkaPooch a whole box of bones for accusing him. Hmm, she thought. Maybe he could take the ones under the house. That'll take care of the body.

“I hope you are making yourself comfortable at the tower, ma'am,” said Suzanne. “What has it been? A couple of weeks? How are you liking it so far?”

Rachelle sighed, “How am I going to start a garden like this?”

“Ma’am?”

Rachelle looked over at the driver, “I’m sorry, Suzanne. Haven’t had my coffee yet. What did you say?”

The driver chuckled and said, “You sound like just about everyone that’s trying to plant in this town.” She shook her head as they turned the corner.

Rachelle turned towards the road. “Um…What??”

“Your plants? You say you are having trouble with your garden?”

“OH… um… I guess I didn’t realize I was talking out loud.” She cleared her throat. “Yes, I have been having serious problems. I mean I’m not the green thumb I thought I would be but I can’t even describe what they are doing.”

The driver smiled slightly, “Let me guess. One day you go out and they look healthy as horse and then the next morning they don’t look dead. But like… they disintegrated.”

“Yes YES!” She said. “It’s been happening for weeks. My Cactus and I have been stumped about this for days.”

“You and the rest of the town. It’s been a strange phenomenon for a little over six months.”

“Really. Six months you say?” She stared off again. “That’s… interesting.”

The driver nodded, “Yep. At first it was mostly during the full moon but now it seems to be at random. A couple people even had it happen during the day. Our police and scientists are all hush hush about it.”

Rachelle took a nervous breath. “What have they been doing to salvage their plants? I have an indoor planter that’s doing well but I can’t fit a bunch of those in my house. I can’t even make my house livable for us.”

“Yes, it’s true you have a lot of work cut out for you with that lot. I’m so sorry to hear about that body under your outhouse.”

“Wow.” Rachelle exhaled as they pulled up in front of the building. “I guess news travels fast here.”

“Haha!” She threw her head back in laughter and slammed her hand on the steering wheel. “You better believe it. It’s a going joke that the gossip train and the paparazzi are in competition.”

Rachelle got out the car uneasily. Not even barely two months and she was already the talk of the town. She didn’t like to have people gossiping about her that she didn’t even know.” She turned to head to her building.

“Ma’am?” Rachelle stopped as Suzanne continued. “You’ll need to get a fence around that garden if you want them to survive for harvest. One that locks.”

“Thanks Suzanne.” She smiled as they bid each other a good day.

As she was walking towards the building and paused in her tracks. “One that locks?!?!” she said out loud to no one.
She thought about that and everything else that Suzanne has said on the drive in. How strange that the plants are acting weird starting only six months ago. That seems to be right around the time…

anything