Author Topic: The Time Machine!  (Read 119461 times)

Offline Mrs.Laphalot

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Time Machine!
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 02:43:01 AM »
This would probably look good on a younger person, lol

Wow. That would look good on granny there if they didn't  make the elderly so ridiculously hunched over and droopy looking.  :D

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 05:03:33 AM »
Does anyone know if Simbots have interesting experiences in the time machine?
Nah, I've sent him back several times, but it's mostly the same without the risk of having a child from the past and all that.

I can't figure out why trying for a baby in the future produces an elder in the present.
Benjamin Button syndrome. Don't think too hard and the answer is clear. ;)
We aren't meant to be logical when we are discussing sending robots through a time machine and such.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deborah

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 05:16:06 AM »
Nah, I've sent him back several times, but it's mostly the same without the risk of having a child from the past and all that.
Benjamin Button syndrome. Don't think too hard and the answer is clear. ;)
We aren't ment to be logical when we are discussing sending robots through a time machine and such.

If you watched charmed, you would know that it is possible to have a future adult appear in the present.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 06:06:38 AM »
I don't watch Charmed.  And Benjamin Button was a whole different thing, wasn't it?  I love all kinds of time travel and science fiction, but I'm just having trouble accepting elder children who are born in the future.  I suppose I have to consider that they have lived their entire live in the future before they travel back to the present.  But still.  It doesn't make the same kind of sense as a grown child who was born in the past showing up in the present.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 06:58:03 AM »
I don't watch Charmed.  And Benjamin Button was a whole different thing, wasn't it?  I love all kinds of time travel and science fiction, but I'm just having trouble accepting elder children who are born in the future.  I suppose I have to consider that they have lived their entire live in the future before they travel back to the present.  But still.  It doesn't make the same kind of sense as a grown child who was born in the past showing up in the present.
Ah well, Benjamin Button was born old and grew younger, so it would've made sense...
Nah, I'm agreeing with you about the lack of logic, but it's a little fun that it's weird. :)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Abigor

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 09:22:06 AM »
Got a flame fruit, a life fruit, a daughter and caveman threads. But I so want the knight armour.

Offline Delgar

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 10:01:51 AM »
No time travel makes sense. Best to just sit back and enjoy the ride. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mrs.Laphalot

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 01:37:25 PM »
I was coming on to start a "Time Travel Tales" thread but did a search first and found this one.  ;)

I'm absolutely loving the inventor profession!  ;D My male sim is an inventor, but before he had the level to learn to invent the time machine, the wifey found it in the consignment shop for somewhere in the neighborhood of $540. She grabbed it.  ;D  I've been having a blast with this couple since yesterday! They take turns time traveling and have come back with some really neat goodies. I've picked up a couple of life fruit, a guitar, a boombox stereo, several gems, and some really high dollar books, but what surprised me the most was when my guy sim came back with the divine meal moodlet!! +75 for 7 days!  :o   So far, I've only came back with one outfit (the cave woman one) and no kids. I hate the 4 hour wait, I get excited about seeing what they may bring back next!  ;D  I swear, this game makes me feel like a kid again!

I read earlier someone was able to try for baby in it??  :o  I don't have that option, not that I've found anyway, but I'm okay with that. The swirly effects of the machine combined with a bouncing/shaking effect associated with the tent might cause a bit of motion sickness. Hahahaha ;D ;D

Archer0

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2010, 04:07:40 PM »
but what surprised me the most was when my guy sim came back with the divine meal moodlet!! +75 for 7 days!

Did you check to see if the Sim actually had their lifespan reset as if eating ambrosia?  If so, that's something challenge creators would need to know for some challenge rules.  Seems I read that similar can happen when eating at the diners.

Edit:  Forgot to add that I've gotten a few gems, cash, and the cavewoman outfit so far.

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 08:02:43 PM »
This would probably look good on a younger person, lol

Agreed  ;D

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2010, 11:20:26 PM »
Yes, it most certainly does, lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Mrs.Laphalot

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2010, 08:24:35 AM »
Did you check to see if the Sim actually had their lifespan reset as if eating ambrosia?  If so, that's something challenge creators would need to know for some challenge rules.  Seems I read that similar can happen when eating at the diners.

Oh wow, excellent point there. I didn't even think to check that. Now that I think about it though, I wouldn't have known in this particular family since I have aging off. But that is quite a possibility.  :o

bshag

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2010, 12:05:24 PM »
@ Mrs Laphalot, I can hardly wait for my sim to start bringing back some good stuff.  The only things he has brought back so far is some simeleons and a couple of outfits, the caveman and tron suit.  I so want that medival outfit too. ;D

Leto85

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2010, 02:18:27 PM »
Did you check to see if the Sim actually had their lifespan reset as if eating ambrosia?  If so, that's something challenge creators would need to know for some challenge rules.  Seems I read that similar can happen when eating at the diners.

Edit:  Forgot to add that I've gotten a few gems, cash, and the cavewoman outfit so far.

I can confirm that. If you have a twin and sent one back or forward in time and he will get the divine meal moodlet you have something like the twinbrother paradox. :P
But anyway, I can confirm that it will indeed make your sims younger.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2010, 07:34:53 PM »
If you watched charmed, you would know that it is possible to have a future adult appear in the present.

Very true! Chris was a cool kid! BTW I'm glad I'm back!