Author Topic: Sims Pets Graphics Help  (Read 6364 times)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Sims Pets Graphics Help
« on: September 27, 2012, 10:18:59 PM »
Yeah, so whenever I make a giant fluffy cat, or a collie dog, the graphics for my pets glitch and aren't solid.

Even collars rarely help.

Does anyone know how to fix this or what even causes it in the beginning? It's really annoying, and noticeable even in game. Never happens to horses though.

(If this topic is in the wrong area, it's free to be moved.)

Joanne

Re: Sims Pets Graphics Help
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 07:46:35 AM »
It is your graphic card. The animals look like that with my old card. The horses was fine. What graphic card do you have?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 04:55:23 PM »
Uh....how do you check?

Joanne

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 05:48:20 PM »
I've done a search on the forum for you ;) here is the link: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,10001.msg198958.html#msg198958

Just scroll down it bit, someone explain how to find it.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 08:30:11 PM »
I've done a search on the forum for you ;) here is the link: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,10001.msg198958.html#msg198958

Just scroll down it bit, someone explain how to find it.

Done and....

Chip Type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
DAC Type: Internal
Adaptor String: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Bios Information: Intel Video BIOS

Total Available Graphics Memory: 1696MB

Is that all you need?

Joanne

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 02:04:52 AM »
It looks like you have a integrated graphic card. it is not a real gaming card. The best you can do is to play with dogs and cats that have no fluff. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 02:45:51 AM »
So I can't get another one to add on and work, or something?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Joanne

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 03:39:09 AM »
I know just the basics, it will be best to ask Flynn Arrowstarr. He is a real expert.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 02:45:26 PM »
Is that his name on the site, or do you think you can point him to my thread?

Joanne

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 03:04:56 PM »
It is his name on the forum. He is a member. :)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 04:19:29 PM »
Are you running a laptop? The only cards I know that are integrated are laptops... and if you are running a laptop you cannot add another card to your computer (or you could but it would be so much more expensive than just buying a new computer).
A way you could try to resolve the issue of no fluff (that I had on my Laptop and previous desktop before I got my new beastly computer) try turning down all graphics to low in "options" menu and turn advanced rendering on.
Turning advanced rendering on will help make pets appear more normal, however it will really slow down an older computer/any laptop, which is why I said to turn down any other graphics to make up for it.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 04:34:24 PM »
Are you running a laptop? The only cards I know that are integrated are laptops... and if you are running a laptop you cannot add another card to your computer (or you could but it would be so much more expensive than just buying a new computer).
A way you could try to resolve the issue of no fluff (that I had on my Laptop and previous desktop before I got my new beastly computer) try turning down all graphics to low in "options" menu and turn advanced rendering on.
Turning advanced rendering on will help make pets appear more normal, however it will really slow down an older computer/any laptop, which is why I said to turn down any other graphics to make up for it.

Yeah it's a laptop, and I have a computer too, but the graphics were way too intensive and such for my desktop computer on just the original package.

I might have to try that though, because I would love to have actual fluffy kitties.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 04:54:45 PM »
I can't promise it will help, but I do know that people who turned on advanced rendering did have more success with pet-fluff. However since it adds a lot of graphics to the game there's a chance it will slow your game down or even crash it. Be prepared and save often until you figure out how much your laptop will handle!

Your story sounds similar to mine. I had a desktop that was so old (well it was the first windows to run Vista) and it had no graphics card... when I was using that computer was before my boyfriend even taught me about ram and my graphics card... I thought Sims would work on EVERY computer. When I got my laptop I was disappointed because while it had better ram and a so-called "graphics" card it was all integrated and very poor quality. I finally took a lot of my saved money and bought a brand new computer from HP that I designed myself to ensure it worked perfectly with Sims (yes, I bought/built a new computer just for Sims, I'm that crazy). If the funds aren't there though (and I definitely know that feeling) then I recommend looking at small fixes like advanced rendering on, everything else low.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 08:05:46 PM »
I can't promise it will help, but I do know that people who turned on advanced rendering did have more success with pet-fluff. However since it adds a lot of graphics to the game there's a chance it will slow your game down or even crash it. Be prepared and save often until you figure out how much your laptop will handle!

Your story sounds similar to mine. I had a desktop that was so old (well it was the first windows to run Vista) and it had no graphics card... when I was using that computer was before my boyfriend even taught me about ram and my graphics card... I thought Sims would work on EVERY computer. When I got my laptop I was disappointed because while it had better ram and a so-called "graphics" card it was all integrated and very poor quality. I finally took a lot of my saved money and bought a brand new computer from HP that I designed myself to ensure it worked perfectly with Sims (yes, I bought/built a new computer just for Sims, I'm that crazy). If the funds aren't there though (and I definitely know that feeling) then I recommend looking at small fixes like advanced rendering on, everything else low.

Well it really sucks because it's technically a brand new laptop; only a few months old. And I believe the fluff worked back when I first installed pets; it seems to have anyways since I have a screenshot from back then; so if that's so, then the graphics got overloaded afterwards. And then went pet screwy.

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 08:12:58 PM »
Done and....

Chip Type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
DAC Type: Internal
Adaptor String: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Bios Information: Intel Video BIOS

Total Available Graphics Memory: 1696MB

Is that all you need?

Unfortunately, the Intel HD 3000 isn't capable of running The Sims 3 at full graphics detail. Can you tell me what brand/model (e.g. HP Pavilion dv7-3065dx) of laptop you have? It may help me look up some alternatives. Thanks. :)

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 01:47:07 AM »
Unfortunately, the Intel HD 3000 isn't capable of running The Sims 3 at full graphics detail. Can you tell me what brand/model (e.g. HP Pavilion dv7-3065dx) of laptop you have? It may help me look up some alternatives. Thanks. :)

Flynn

I'm pretty sure it's the Dell Inspiron 17R 1TB in size.
I hope you can find something. =3

Anna

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 03:03:04 PM »
I completely understand. My senior year of highschool required us to have laptops (a rental from them or buying our own). My dad was such a computer lover he got me my own laptop. In it's new state it seemed to handle sims three times better than my desktop (the old vista one mentioned earlier) but I soon found so many glitches... and even discovered my processor was one they use in phones!  ::)
Anyway, it's always the laptops that will advertise "great graphics" or "graphics card inside" but they usually don't have the best specs... especially for a game as touchy and particular as the Sims 3.

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 01:06:46 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's the Dell Inspiron 17R 1TB in size.
I hope you can find something. =3

Anna

It may be possible that your system has a second graphics chip on it. Does it still have the stickers on it? Does it say anything about nVidia or ATi graphics? Thanks. :)

Flynn

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 12:50:16 PM »
It may be possible that your system has a second graphics chip on it. Does it still have the stickers on it? Does it say anything about nVidia or ATi graphics? Thanks. :)

Flynn

Yes, it still has stickers. Not as far as I can see, but where would that sticker be located if it did have it?

Anna

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 09:13:10 PM »
Usually on the palm rest on a laptop, flanking the mouse pad. Also, there should be a more detailed model number on the system. I read a couple of reviews that suggested the laptop ships with an nVidia graphics card on at least two models.

Also, Dell systems ship with a service tag, usually located on the bottom of the laptop. I do have a Dell support account. If you want to send me a PM with your service tag number, I can look it up on the support site and see the configuration it shipped with.

Flynn

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 09:36:22 PM »
Usually on the palm rest on a laptop, flanking the mouse pad. Also, there should be a more detailed model number on the system. I read a couple of reviews that suggested the laptop ships with an nVidia graphics card on at least two models.

Also, Dell systems ship with a service tag, usually located on the bottom of the laptop. I do have a Dell support account. If you want to send me a PM with your service tag number, I can look it up on the support site and see the configuration it shipped with.

Flynn

The only stickers on the hand rest of my laptop is the intel inside core i5 and the Windows 7 stickers.

Anna

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 10:06:58 AM »
Thanks for sending the service tag. I'm sorry I couldn't find out more for you, but like you said, it seems to be a base model without the second dedicated card. You should still be able to play the game on low/medium settings though, and still have fun. :)

Flynn