Author Topic: Medley Dynasty, the Third (Week Twenty-Nine)  (Read 23162 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Medley Dynasty, the Third (Week Six)
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 01:41:01 PM »
(When did he get so attractive? And why would I think such a thing about my stepson-in-law?)

Because he's absurdly handsome, that's why. ;D

I really like this dynasty, and darn it, Lucky Palms looks so enticing.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Medley Dynasty, the Third (Week Eight)
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012, 10:14:05 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement, Rhoxi and Trip! I'm definitely enjoying this style more than my poor attempt at the watcher/sim dialogue in my last try. I'm just not funny enough to pull that style off, I think.

The girls had their graduation ceremony on Sunday. Sandra won Valedictorian by a hair, and she was voted Most Artistic by her classmates. Hyacinth was voted Most Likely to Take Over the World, though I can't imagine why.

Later that night, she went on a date with Ariel. She certainly seems pleased with herself, my daughter.

Piper had her final birthday standing in front of the easel, as usual. Sometimes, it seems like she's spent her entire adult life in front of that easel.

It occurs to me that I didn't mention a new addition to the family last week. Sahan adopted a dog named Captain, who seems to have taken quite the liking to our not-so-little Petunia. The result is Saren.

Hyacinth invited her old friend, Lionel Lancaster, over for a visit, though it seems he spent more time chatting with Sandra than anything else.

...And Hyacinth isn't the only one with less-than-appropriate suitors. What am I going to do with these girls?

Let's hope she's got some plan going on that she hasn't let me in on.

Aha, potent cure elixirs. How could I have forgotten Sahan's alchemical stockpile? One moment, he's got wings, the next, he's as human as Piper.

And just in time. Seems Hyacinth has chosen her mate, after all. He's still her boss, which I find interesting.

Petunia's getting a little grey around the muzzle these days. It doesn't feel like it's been that long since she was a puppy, but there it is.

Ariel had his birthday the night after he moved into the household. He's having a bit of a mid-life crisis, which isn't surprising, given his recent life changes. One might suspect he was already in the midst of one when he made the choice to live here instead of with his long-term girlfriend and their daughter.

Friday marked the last day we had Menace with us. We'll miss the little scamp.

Hyacinth threw a gift-giving party, both to help cement her friendships with many of her coworkers and to finish up an opportunity she picked up from work. One of the lab-workers has been feeling lonely and wanted to party, I guess.

Hyacinth's not the only one making use of the old stockpile of potent cures. Either Hyacinth has made sure Sandra knows that certain supernatural beings cannot be in the household with us, or Sandra decided she didn't like how furry poor Lionel is.

She took Lionel outside, I guessed to ask him to move in, though I saw him leave in the early hours of the morning. Did anyone else hear chimes?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 10:40:40 PM »
I swear, the developers must have been thinking of us when they decided that we can cure supernaturals from outside the house. Oh, and congrats to everyone on their romance.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 10:52:41 PM »
I swear, the developers must have been thinking of us when they decided that we can cure supernaturals from outside the house
They were also thinking of us when we got potant frindship elixers, skilling drink, and witches.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Medley Dynasty, the Third (Week Nine)
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2012, 12:39:55 PM »
I swear, the developers must have been thinking of us when they decided that we can cure supernaturals from outside the house.

Oh, indeed! I'm thoroughly enjoying being able to include so many original townies in the family. If you click around on the family tree for this family, you'll see just how connected everyone is. It seems like I've now got access to half of Lucky Palms through the family tree, since the Lancasters are *ahem* prolific, let's say. ;) I think I'll be able to get one more generation (at least) of townie spouses before I have to marry my spare line back into the main bloodline.

Well, it seems like this week has been nothing but non-stop birthdays. Those chimes I heard? Well, looks like Sandra's going to be a mommy soon... which means we'll need a visit from Grim before Hyacinth can have her heir.

Sahan and Piper have been drifting apart lately, due mostly to their seeming obsession with painting and sculpting. They took a little time to bond over their little Captain (who I finally remembered to get a picture of).

First birthday of the week was Sahan joining the ranks of elders in the household.

The long hair and suit look still works for him, I think.

Next up was Saren, who got an interesting mix of his parents' markings. He's a handsome dog.

Not to be left out, Sandra discovered that it was time for another birthday, though it isn't hers.

Meet Scarlet Diwan. She's an eccentric slob with a fondness for the color seafoam.

Hyacinth has quickly caught up to Ariel in job position, though he's still nominally her boss. Despite her teenage protests, she seems to really care for Ariel. I often spy them whispering to each other and smiling. Spring is in the air, after all!

For our last birthday of the week, Sandra helped little Scarlet blow out the candles on her cake.

She got her paternal grandmother, Lina Lancaster's hair color, but those violet eyes are a mystery. This little girl's got a perpetual smile on her face.

And here are the outfits that Sandra dresses the little doll in. Unlike her own mother, Sandra went with colors that Scarlet actually likes.

Scarlet seems perplexed with her mother's preoccupation with art in general and photography in particular. I don't think Sandra's even ever picked up a camera.

Hyacinth and Ariel sneaked out to visit the spring festival after work (“sneaked out” - as if they were teenagers and not grown adults!). I found a slip of paper while tidying up that they must've gotten from the Love Tester machine in the park. It read: “Uncontrollable: Such Raw Energy – You Remind Love Inspector Of A Beautiful, Uninhibited Night That Love Inspector Shared With Claw Machine.” Someone's got a sense of humor, I see.

They stayed out late into the night, and when they got home, I could swear I saw a sparkle in Hyacinth's eye as she watched Ariel go on ahead of her to their bedroom.  Tomorrow's Love Day, and I have to wonder what, if anything, she's got planned.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Medley Dynasty, the Third (Week Ten)
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2013, 12:34:01 PM »
After Hyacinth's sneaking around last weekend, I decided to follow her and her beau when they slunk out of the house early in the morning on Love Day. Call me a meddling old woman. Rather than try to paraphrase, I'll just let their own words stand as is.

“It's beautiful, Hyacinth, but what are we doing out here so early? There's practically still frost on the ground!”
“You know what day it is, don't you Ari?” Hyacinth sidles closer to Ariel, drawing a small object from her jacket pocket.
“Sunday?” Ari snickers as Hyacinth whacks him on the shoulder. He turns around with a tiny smirk pulling up the corner of his mouth. “Love Day? I'll admit, I'd hoped our celebrations would take place somewhere indoors... preferably with a bed.”

Hyacinth drops to one knee. “How's this, instead? Marry me.”
“I... you mean it? Really?”
“Of course, I mean it, Ari. Right here, right now! I even brought along my dress for the occasion.” She nods to a bag she'd surreptitiously stowed in the back seat of his dear Sloppy Jalopy.
“Well, alright then! Let's do this!”

“Hyacinth Medley, I thought I knew what love was before I met you. The day you applied for that job at the hospital, I learned that what I had was a tepid friendship held in stasis for the benefit of my daughter. I'd do anything for you. Give up the long life granted to the fae, leave my home, and yes, marry you. May our eventual child be as beautiful as you are.”

“Ariel Hudson, you may not know this, but there was a time when I was younger that I was convinced I'd never love a man the way I loved my high school sweetheart. I railed and ranted at Mom, and I moaned that life is so unfair. Why should I be forced into this situation when everyone around me gets to have a normal life? But then, I grew up, and I met you. As long as you live, you'll be the only one for me, and long after you've moved on, you'll live on in my heart and the heart of the child we'll have together.”

It is my great pleasure to present Mr. and Mrs. Medley. You may kiss the bride. As if they needed my permission.

Everything was in a holding pattern most of the rest of the week. We were all just waiting for the next visit from the reaper to make space in the house for another nooboo. Meanwhile, little Scarlet had her birthday on Friday.

She's... well, she's a bit of a slob now, and her eccentric style is kind of cute, really.

That afternoon saw the visit we were all expectantly dreading. My first friend in this desert town, Piper Sparks Diwan, had her appointment with the grim reaper on her ninety-first day.

She looked almost peaceful as old man death came for her, though she wasn't too proud to beg for a few more days. I spared her the indignity of capturing that moment on film.

Hyacinth heard the news as she left work for the day, which tempered her joy at finally becoming a world-renowned surgeon.

Despite our grieving household, we all agreed it would be best to continue with the plans for Hyacinth's adult birthday party. Hyacinth invited many of the old family friends around, including Scarlet's paternal grandfather, Jaycen Hendrix, standing next to Ariel.

After the cake was eaten and many of the guests were on their way out, Hyacinth pulled Ariel aside for a more private celebration of her birthday and promotion.

The stereotypical nausea shot (which I'm sure she'd be livid if she knew I'd taken it).

And, looks like our third generation is, in fact, on the way!

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Medley Dynasty, the Third (Week Ten)
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2013, 12:46:29 PM »
Scarlet's adorable!

It's hard to see original housemates go. RIP Piper.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Medley Dynasty, the Third (Week Eleven)
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 03:34:48 PM »
Thanks, Trip! Just wait till you see her as a teen. I'm loving how the townie genetics are playing so nicely with her.

It's funny, sometimes, how all the birthdays in the household seem to come in clusters. Sandra became an adult this week (complete with her very own mid-life crisis).

Captain is looking a little grey around the muzzle now.

No matter how many times this happens, I can't seem to make myself be calm for the birth of a new child.

Even Ariel – a doctor, for crying out loud! - freaked out while Hyacinth was in labor.

In the end, it was all worth it. Meet Garret Medley, the athletic and disciplined little boy both were hoping to have.

Piper may no longer be among the living, but that doesn't mean she doesn't visit. She delightfully destroyed the antique dollhouse we bought when Hyacinth and Sandra were small, while Scarlet slept on peacefully in the same room.

Garret's infancy passed relatively quickly, as it always seems to do, and we held an early morning birthday party for the little tyke.

Oh, dear. Ariel's eyes, and my long-departed Walker's hair. I think he'll be a heartbreaker, for sure.

Hyacinth took some time from trying to teach logic to anyone that'd hold still and imparted some skills to darling Garret instead.

Sahan was involved in one of his favorite activities – playing with the toys in Scarlet's room – when it happened.

He went along amicably enough with the grim one. I think he was eager to reunite with Piper. I... I'm not sure how I'll handle this for eternity. I haven't the heart to deny love and family to those I've inadvertently snared into this cursed house, but watching those that I've known and loved forever pass on to the Netherworld... Perhaps I can understand better how Jessica and Fiona must have felt.

One last cluster of birthdays for the week. First was Ariel, joining me in elderhood.

He decided to go ahead and retire from his position at the hospital so he could spend as much time as possible with Garret.

Finally, Scarlet became a teen, after one last ride on the spring rider.

Such a gorgeous girl!

Ariel spent some of his newfound free time teaching little Garret to talk... about sports, of course.

And Hyacinth finally achieved the rank of Grand Master in the local chess circuit, against Ariel's ex, Kinslee Hudson. She has only a few hours of skill tutoring and quite a lot of time left in tutoring children between her and finishing her skill requirements. After that, it's a waiting game.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 03:42:56 PM »
Garret is SO DARN CUTE.

Forgive my all-caps, but might be in the running for cutest immortal. The red hair just completes it.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 01:17:04 PM »

Hyacinth's wedding was quite sweet. Man, I've never seen a ghost destroy something like that! Does Piper have any mean traits?

Welcome, generation three! Garret is going to be quite the cutie.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 01:40:13 PM »
I agree completely on Garret's cuteness, though I'm a bit biased as their watcher. He's just aged to teen in my game, and let me just say, "Yum!" ;) You can check the family tree linked in the first post if you want a sneak peek.

As for Piper's destructive tendencies, the only "bad" trait she has is inappropriate. That shot may have been taken on Spooky Day, which seems to make pretty much everyone destructive, at least in this household. I can't remember how many times I've had to cancel the "Kick Gnome" interaction...

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Medley Dynasty, the Third (Week Twelve)
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 09:21:20 AM »
Ariel certainly has a great deal of free time now that he's not working anymore. I caught him sitting in the entryway carving a pumpkin for Spooky Day, and he said that it's for Garret.

Speaking of Garret, someone's got a bit of an attitude when it comes time to go back inside for a nap.

Another week, another visit from Old Man Death. I'm really beginning to dislike him. (Is Death male? Perhaps I should do some research...)

Hyacinth has taught skills to others enough to finally be considered a Skill Professor by the rules laid forth in the Dynasty Contract. Just a few more hours of tutoring children and she'll be all set on the skill front.

Just in time, it seems. Garret aged into a child in the middle of winter, with several snow days between him and a good grade.

A quick trip to the vanity may be in order for our targeted immortal-to-be.

Mussed hair and a sporty theme to his clothing. I think our adventurous little man may be looking at a future as a sports star.

Scarlet had her prom, and like her mother before her, won Prom Queen. She also came home with a little crush.

I don't think anyone told Scarlet to break up with Juanita. From what I understand, Scarlet was simply chattering on about the household rules – never leaving once joined, having a purpose – and Juanita took it... badly.

Hyacinth spent many afternoons – and a few of her days off – tutoring Garret so he would keep up with his grades. All this snow has made it difficult for the bus to make its rounds. The upshot is that Hyacinth has completed all of the skill challenges laid before her! I believe she's got all the friends she needs, as well, so now we wait for her birthday and museum pieces to be completed.

Garret knows enough about the requirements expected of him that he should be thinking of his designated skill and profession, yet he still spends much of his time playing make-believe games. Most of them have a common theme: adventure, travel, escape.

With all of the losses we've seen lately, Scarlet's been on the lookout for another dog to add to our household. Meet Ginger.

And, because it doesn't seem like a normal week when there's only been one birthday, Saren has had his final birthday as well.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Medley Dynasty, the Third (Week Thirteen)
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 05:03:16 PM »
I think we could call this week “Visitor Week” at the Medley household. Sandra had an unexpected run-in with a... charming green fellow named Cexavu Vajjevoo late one night. As she was the only one awake, nobody's really sure what went on there.

The next visitor was expected, but not exactly welcome. Captain went with the grim reaper at the age of 46, a respectable age for any dog.

We also had this little gal standing in front of the door for the better part of one night. She really seemed eager to visit, but that could just be because there's no way to reach my garden without going through the house.

Ginger and Saren evidently have a closer relationship than any of us knew, and little Tiger Lily here is the result.

Hyacinth has picked up a new hobby since she finished all her work in logic. She said we might as well have a backup plan in place for a time when we haven't the room for non-immortals to take care of all the museum pieces anymore. Her logic is impeccable (of course!), so I've also picked up painting in my free time.

As is quite common when there are youngsters in the house, there were several birthdays this week, starting with little Garret.

Not that he's so “little” anymore! He's been displaying a level of bravery that I haven't seen in this household since myself – not to toot my own horn or anything.

Garret immediately made a beeline for Scarlet to chatter on about some school gossip, and I could swear I saw little hearts flutter around them as they whispered to each other.

It's just a shame that her birthday was the next day. I would've liked to see where this puppy love might have gone... though, perhaps it's for the best. They're still a bit closely related for comfort.

The last unexpected visitor for the week was this unlucky, cowardly burglar. How does anyone with that sort of disposition manage to actually work up the nerve to attempt a robbery, especially on a house like this?

I showed her the error of her ways and sent her packing before she even made it in the front door to trip the burglar alarm. Sometimes I wonder why we even pay for the silly alarm system.

Scarlet's birthday fell on a Friday, and she surprisingly waited till after school to have her cake... perhaps to extend the time she'd have as Garret's age-mate. Who knows?

Lovely girl, though her eccentric wardrobe is still a bit jarring sometimes.

Once upon a time, shortly after Hyacinth married Ariel, the two lovebirds made a quick trip to China to finish one of her opportunities. Ari picked up some martial arts equipment while in the market, and it looks like their son has finally dragged it out of storage for some practice. I'll admit, I'm starting to wonder just what the boy's up to in terms of his dynasty requirements.

Last birthday of the week is Hyacinth's elder. She invited nearly everyone she knows in order to solidify her best friends requirements. From this angle, I can identify Richard Irwin, Naomi Nita, Yolanda Shaw, Addison Ross, and Jaycen Hendrix. I'm not sure who that is standing in front of Ari. It's surprising to see so many of the people who were already in town when I moved in still puttering about and looking so young. I'm heartily thankful for the stash of potent cure elixirs that Sahan made oh so long ago, as it leaves many of these people as potential spouses for my descendants, despite their age.

One last shot of my daughter before she joined me in the wrinkled old lady club. I think that's Rocco Lancaster behind her laughing. Ironic, considering he was born only a matter of days after I got into Lucky Palms.

And finally, my daughter is an elder. Tomorrow, she'll double check her friends and pose for her portrait and sculpture. Then, ambrosia.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 05:56:52 PM »

An unlucky cowardly burglar. Heh, fat chance! Also, that is some nice elder-wear. I like her formal dress.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 06:04:08 PM »
You have a way with stylish sims. Garret, Scarlet, and Hyacinth look superb.

Yeah, the whole second-cousins thing with Garret and Scarlet feels a bit too close, especially since they grew up together. I hope they both find someone nice.

anything