Author Topic: Medley Dynasty, the Third (Week Twenty-Nine)  (Read 9295 times)

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Medley Dynasty, the Third (Week Twenty-One)
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2013, 11:53:23 PM »
Once again, long delay between updates. Sorry about that. I blame University in part... I should know better than to do a two-week term - I tend to lose interest when away from the main family for such a long stretch of time. My thanks to anyone still following this story, and without further ado, here's week twenty-one!

Finn chose nectar-making as his chosen skill, finally making use of those old machines Garret brought back from France. When it became apparent that he was learning everything much faster than he should have been, we both agreed that he should take a break until he's old enough to begin receiving opportunities from the people around town. Plus, I've read that it's best to complete some of the challenges associated with nectar-making all at once without traveling to other places; Finn intends to actually attend university, unlike the rest of the family.

I don't recall a week where there hasn't been at least one death in this household, and this week's no exception. One of the local strays had his meeting with the grim one on our front lawn.

...And the stray dog wasn't the only one. Pansy Northrop Medley faded away at the age of 91.

She begged for one more day, so that Garret's memory of their anniversary wouldn't be tainted by the reaper's presence. As we all know, the grim one brooks no argument. When time is up, time is up.

We were all a touch relieved to have the mundane threat of yet another thief attempting to penetrate the admittedly unimpressive security system in the house. Who needs a proper security system when we have the Grand Master of the Shang Simla martial arts tournament and one of Lucky Palms' oldest and most terrifying old ladies in the house?

Garrett decided that without his lovely Pansy to stand by his side, he'd rather celebrate his final birthday early in the morning, surrounded by friends and family.

One set of sparkles later, and Garret was ready to pose for his last museum pieces, after a trip to the wardrobe, of course.

He's no longer the fresh-faced heartthrob he was as a young man, but my grandson is still as handsome to me as ever. And, if my theories are feasible, it may be a temporary state of affairs anyway.

By dusk, all of Garrett's museum pieces were finished, and he had his first taste of ambrosia while sitting across from his mother, my daughter. It was a somber event, reminding my descendants of those we must leave behind in this insane contract.

I knew the moment he finished his plate, since I felt the increasingly familiar out-of-body experience of drifting down a hallway lined with museum-quality paintings and sculptures. I saw the form of my father floating towards me, and beside him was another form. She introduced herself as Jennifer, and I recognized that she must be my grandmother. The two apparitions turned and spoke to each other in hushed voices, and I could just make out something about, “five to go,” as I faded back into consciousness.

Finn's been taking the time to search out more of the local ladies in town. Darleen Matlapin is, surprisingly enough, still around thanks to her vampiric blood. I certainly hope that Finn is happy with his choice of mate, despite having little choice in this quickly-stagnating town.

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Oh, she wanna creep like ivy?
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2013, 12:02:16 AM »
RIP Pansy, but congrats to Garrett! He's still a handsome old man.

Yeah, the two-week terms at University are taxing for me to play too, so I know how you feel. :(
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / DecaDynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2013, 10:20:56 PM »

I was just checking through my bookmarks and found this! I agree about University. Two sim weeks felt like too long away from my main family when I sent a couple of sims there. Nice to see there are still some unique faces to chose from in town; Supernatural has been most helpful about that!

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Medley Dynasty, the Third (Week Twenty-Two, Part 1)
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2013, 03:22:13 PM »
Whew! I can't seem to catch a break with this game sometimes. Repeated crashes at the beginning of week 23 led to me replaying the same day more times than I care to count. I'm just wondering where that blasted groundhog is!  ;) I finally got past that (I suspect the culprit was me trying to place the group science project on my home lot; either the machine itself was causing a problem, or it was triggering the rain puddles/build mode issue) and now I'm far enough through week 23 that I feel comfortable posting again! Yay!

Finn likes to spend his free time at the new bowling alley, meeting people and working on his game. Here's hoping he doesn't throw any gutterballs while that poor cat is there.

He threw his own birthday party (our Finn's become something of a party animal lately) and invited over the most eligible bachelorettes in Lucky Palms. We need to see which ones strike his fancy. Nevermind that several of these ladies were – and are still, in some cases – interested in marrying Garret.

He definitely seems to be going for the preppy-collegiate look in his wardrobe these days. It fits with his desire to one day become Leader of the Free World, I suppose.

Finn quickly filled out his university aptitude exam before he headed back out to the party for some schmoozing.

First on his list of potential partners was Darleen Matlapin. Their signs are compatible, and there is definite attraction on his part...

And hers, as well. No partner that I've heard about, either. The only potential obstacle is that she's an adult vampire, which may or may not cause problems when he's ready for an heir.

Of course, there's dear Yuna Tanner as well. No partner here, either, but she's an adult fairy. I fear that Finn may need to look outside Lucky Palms if he's to find a suitable partner.

Not pictured in the list of potential mates for my great-grandson are Abrielle King and our very own Sara. Abrielle is another adult fairy, and I don't think there was any particular reason for Finn to choose or not choose her over anyone else. Sara, of course, is Finn's second cousin once removed. Legally speaking, they could marry, but I'd still feel more comfortable if perhaps their children were the ones to do so. Sara and Finn barely even speak to each other, and there's a significant age gap.

After the party, Finn packed up his suitcase and headed off to University for a double-length term. I'll let him take it from here.

“Finn Medley here, coming at you live from Sims U! I'll tell you what, these communications classes are certainly time-consuming. I hardly have any free time to myself!”

“Between lectures and class activities, I think I only managed to make it to three or four parties a week! What a slave driver that professor is!”

“Despite all the hardship, I did manage to find some time to play. My dorm-mate, Asala, here can vouch for that! *wink*”

“It was only a matter of time before the dean went ahead and gave me my own radio show. I mean, it's not like everyone in the department can just broadcast away whenever they want to!”

“My dorm-mates really went out of their way to make me feel at home. I mean, why else would old Norm here be beating up this robber? (Don't ask why he's living in the dorms with us... I don't think anyone really wants to know that answer.)”

“Finals rolled around and I made sure to suck up to the prof study extra hard the night before to lock in my spot on the Dean's List. What? Why doesn't anyone ever believe me?”

“As luck would have it, I had a rather shocking experience on my way to the last final of the term. Someone remind me to bring a weather controller next time I come here!”

“All told, I had a great time at Sims U, and I brought home an A on my coursework! I'm glad, though, that I've only got one term left before I get my degree. It's awfully tiring working on classes for such a long time! Back to you, Great-Gran.”

*sigh* Boys will be boys, I suppose. Meanwhile, little miss commitment issues over here has been doing some “studying” herself, it seems.

Garret let her know in no uncertain terms that he couldn't think of her like that – he very nearly wanted to date her mother, after all. Sara took it well; I think she may have just been looking for a reaction anyway.

Speaking of Scarlet...

We will miss you, darling girl. There are only five of us in the house now, and tomorrow is Sara's adult birthday. I believe the plan is for Finn to bring in his bride-to-be and Sara to choose a paramour so that the next generation will arrive.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Medley Dynasty, the Third (Week Twenty-Two, part 1)
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2013, 03:31:00 PM »
RIP Scarlet. :(

Glad you (hopefully!) got over the crashing issues.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Medley Dynasty, the Third (Week Twenty-Two, part 2)
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2013, 12:42:33 AM »
Sara's birthday was the day after Scarlet went with the grim one. Finn hosted her party and invited over both his own potential brides and Sara's suitors.

Unfortunately, Sara found herself in the grip of a mid-life crisis as the sparkles washed over her. How many times has this happened now?

Sara slipped off to find herself a suitable new outfit, one that she thought screamed, “I'm still young and hip!” more so than her usual daily wear.

Meanwhile...

Young Finn made his decision on which of the eligible young ladies of Lucky Palms would be the proverbial winner of his affection. What he failed to ask was the most important question, perhaps.

When...

is...

your...

birthday...

Yuna?

Two fertility treatments, a romantic massage, and a wish for a large family later, and the sad truth came out.

Yuna aged to elder before any chimes could be heard. She'll live out a happy life in our home, but I fear that she won't be joining the bloodline through any traditional means.

Finn doesn't seem to mind – he's not treating her any differently than before her birthday, despite the now-obvious gap in their ages. I wish... *sigh* I wish there was some way I could help them, but my sole scientific focus has been directed elsewhere.

If only there was another way.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Medley Dynasty, the Third (Week Twenty-Two, part 2)
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2013, 11:08:56 PM »

Oh goodness, that is unfortunate! Because at this point in a dynasty, what you really want is an extra spare clambering about the place. Well, at least there's another potential mother already in the house, or will Finn just have to wait a looooong time for a child?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Medley Dynasty, the Third (Week Twenty-Three)
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2013, 12:39:04 AM »
Whoops! Sixty days since the last post in the thread, and over 90 since the last time I posted? Bad author! Okay, so I'm here, and I've got a chapter. I won't promise to update on anything resembling a regular basis (the real-life nooboo has completely turned my schedule upside-down, and he doesn't seem to appreciate my simming addiction habit), but I do hope to at least be able to play some now that things have settled.

Once again, thanks to anyone still reading this, and I appreciate your patience. And, with that said, on with the show!

Once it became clear that no nooboos were on the way, Finn decided that he would head back to university for his final term. One more week, and he had his diploma in his hands, complete with a 4.0 GPA.

After his week away from the drama of home, Finn found himself surprised by a sudden proposal from Sara. To say that I was surprised by her decision would be an understatement.

She dragged Finn into his bedroom before he could change his mind, and before long, the deed was done.

Afterwards, Finn was upset about his rash actions. What would Yuna think? Would she ever forgive his... indiscretion?

Sara ensured Finn that she would take any blame for the situation. After all, it's all for the family, right? Oh, how I wish none of this was forced on us, but the end is getting nearer every week.

Sara's pregnancy started to show during work, and she was sent home lest she get sick all over some poor customer.

Yuna's reaction was not quite as bad as Finn feared it would be, though she was certainly resentful of Sara's new position in the family hierarchy – as though Yuna would be “demoted” or some such just because she couldn't bear a child...

She even made sure to point out that Finn would never love Sara. Finn wisely decided to stay out of the ensuing argument over the meaning of “love.” Hyacinth, meanwhile, had something up her sleeve...

My daughter and I have spoken at length about the folks in town, and while many of the “original” residents are still living, our most recent experiences with curing them of their supernatural status have proven troubling, at best. Those few who have moved into town since I started this journey seem to be... off somehow, so the collective of immortals have decided that we'd try to discourage the young ones from choosing them as spouses. This leaves us with a dilemma: who would the remaining heirs be able to marry? With Sara expecting a little girl, Hyacinth dug into her stash of surreptitiously gathered DNA samples to find her a match.

Meet Darius Dreamer, clone of the late Darren Dreamer, who sadly passed hours after he was cured of his lycanthropic state.

A matter of hours (but, oddly, one day) later, Sara went into labor and sent me into yet another bout of hysterics. Somehow, I never seem to get used to childbirth, even after all these weeks.

Emily Medley has joined the household, giving us a full house once more.

Despite their differences, both Sara and Yuna adore the children and spend much of their time caring for them.

Finn finally decided to pop the question and make an honest woman of Yuna, as well as make things official.

Friday marked little Darius's first birthday, and Yuna did the honors of bringing him to the cake.

A few sparkles later, and we've got our little man. He's quite the image of Darren, and even shares traits with his progenitor – though how anyone could tell that a toddler is a great kisser is quite beyond me!

The next day, of course, was Emily's birthday, and her mother brought her to the cake.

Finn's face shape and hair color with Sara's features and eye color. I think she'll be a stunning girl, but I may be biased.

Before the day was over, Finn and Yuna decided that they didn't want to wait any longer and scrapped their wedding plans for a private ceremony in the foyer. It's good to see him so happy... I only hope it lasts.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Medley Dynasty, the Third (Week Twenty-Three... finally!)
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2013, 07:17:17 AM »
Welcome back! And congrats on your real-life nooboo.

Even though Yuna is pretty much dead weight in the household, I can't help but feel sorry for her. I'm glad that Finn was able to keep their relationship, though.

Both of the toddlers are adorable, especially Emily. She definitely got the best from both parents.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Medley Dynasty, the Third (Week Twenty-Three... finally!)
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2013, 09:25:59 PM »

Good to hear from the Medley's again, and congrats on the nooboos both real and virtual. Emily and Darius are both such cuties. A great kissing toddler. Haha! Oh goodness.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Medley Dynasty, the Third (Week Twenty-Four)
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2013, 08:36:36 PM »
Thanks, Trip and Rhoxi, for your endless support on this story. It's always good to hear from the people that read. :) And thanks for the congrats on the real-life nooboo. He's absolutely adorable, and I'm in no way biased about that. Nope. Nuh-uh. ;)

Well, it's been a rather uneventful week here. Finn finished two more of his challenges in nectar-making, leaving only the one cryptically referred to as “Vizard of Vine” to be completed. No pictures of his work, though, since grape-stomping does tend to get repetitive after a while.

As for the rest of the household... there are toddlers around, so you know what that must mean...

Talking...

walking...

and potty.

Once the children had learned all they must, they were pretty much left to their own devices. They tended to gravitate toward the block table, where they'd chatter on about anything that caught their imaginations.

The week capped off with their birthdays: first Darius, whose birthday somehow managed to catch us unaware.

He's gravitating ever closer to the man he was cloned from, with an artistic streak beginning to show itself.

And then it was Emily's turn.

Quite the imagination on this one. Already announcing her aspiration to become an astronaut, perhaps.

At her (extremely persistent) insistence, Finn agreed to install an inventing table in the empty room next to his nectary equipment. I don't know what she's making in there – besides a racket!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2013, 07:40:45 PM »

Aw, what cute kids! Although, I'm starting to lose track; is this gen 4?

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2013, 07:50:09 PM »
I'm pretty sure that Emily is generation five.

Cute kids! Usually sims look cuter as toddlers than children, but Darrius and Emily seemed to grow into their looks even better as children. Good luck to Finn with Vizard of Vine.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2013, 11:33:13 PM »
Yep, Emily's generation 5. And I'm pretty sure that Finn's completed Vizard of Vine at this point, judging from the number of grapes that Isabella handed him and the fact that those are all gone, but I just really want to see it done in his journal. So, I'm being the evil watcher and making him harvest his own grapes all over again, just so he can squash them himself. What made me think that nectar-making was a good idea, again?

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Medley Dynasty, the Third (Week Twenty-Five)
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2013, 11:18:04 AM »
So, birthdays. Not much else of note happening in the Medley household these days. Finn keeps himself locked up in the basement with his nectar makers or schmoozes with the high-rollers in town for campaign donations. He's a full adult now, and of course he's in the midst of a mid-life crisis.

Darius and Emily are inseparable, as I'd hoped. We all take care not to treat them like siblings, though I still worry they may think it too odd to date when they're older. Time will tell.

Yuna passed away on Darius's birthday, at the age of 93. Despite her late addition to the household, she had several friends here who will miss her dearly.

She begged the grim one for just one more day – hours even – so she could see her step-daughter's birthday. As always, he refused.

While the rest of the family scattered to the far ends of the household to mourn in private (or perhaps just find their moodlet managers), Garret chose to hang back and ask the reaper how our loved ones in the nether are faring. I don't think he liked the answer.

Finn arrived home from work to find that his wife of only a few weeks had been taken from him. Strangely, I remembered that I had been married to Walker for a similarly short time, and I felt a pang of regret at the thought. It's been a lifetime since I last thought of him; what brings him to my mind now?

In all the commotion, Darius had his birthday with no celebration in front of his easel. Raging hormones, here we come.

I was never close to Darren Dreamer, but still I am struck by the similarities Darius shows. I suppose it's to be expected; he is a clone, after all.

Finally, Saturday came around, and this time it was to be a double birthday. Finn invited half the town over to celebrate his daughter's birthday as well as her mother's.

She's an eccentric girl, our Emily, no doubt about that. How she manages to sleep with those goggles still on her head baffles me.

Next came Sara, joining the ranks of elders in the household. Note that Darleen Matlapin and Jaycen Hendrix, here, still seem just as young as the day I moved into town. My creaky joints are jealous of their youth.

Another mortal elder, which means only a few weeks until we have another visit from the reaper. Sigh I must direct my thoughts elsewhere, lest I bury myself in maudlin memories.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2013, 01:59:25 PM »
RIP Yuna. :(

I love how Emily's purple eyes match the rest of her wardrobe! She and Darius are both lovely young sims.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2013, 02:07:00 PM »

Emily in particular looks awesome. Good luck to Finn on getting that nectar achievement to pop. His aging up face is just adorable.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Medley Dynasty, the Third (Weeks Twenty-Six and Twenty-Seven)
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2014, 02:04:38 PM »
*Tiptoes in and looks around hesitantly, brushing cobwebs from shoulders* So, yeah. Six months? Terribly sorry about that; awfully difficult to use a desktop PC with a toddler who shouldn’t be allowed to play in all the wires that form a rat’s nest beneath the desk. I now have access to a laptop capable of playing The Sims 3, and hopefully it won’t balk at the ever-growing file size of a dynasty save.

To be perfectly honest, I almost gave up on this file out of fear that it wouldn’t load on my laptop, but with Gen 4 so close to immortality and Gen 5 almost ready to bring in Gen 6, I couldn’t bear to start over.

Once again, thanks to everyone still interested in my rarely-updated story, and especially to Rhoxi and Trip for your comments. Without further ado…

Darius and Emily entered their teenage days just in time for the Love Day dance at the spring festival. Things started out rather platonic.

As the day wore on, the kids got more comfortable with each other, edging closer and closer.

Seems poor Darius needs a little more practice at this whole dancing thing. Despite these issues, they were named King and Queen of the Spring Dance.

I do hope you’ll forgive an old woman her meddling, but I’m so pleased with how things are turning out.

Dear Finn has won his final election and been named Leader of the Free World. The Medley family now has the foremost authorities in science, medicine, crime, and politics. Four more leaders to go…

The spring festival isn’t the only dance important to our youngest family members, of course. By the end of the night, I overheard that Darius and Emily were “SimBook official” whatever that means, and there was a new pair of crowns sitting on the counter the next morning.

The folks that keep track of such things never confirmed that Finn completed his Vizard of Vine challenge, so I planted several Avornolino grape vines for him to harvest the grapes himself. Despite picking plenty of the fruit and turning them into wine himself, he still hasn’t received acknowledgement from the powers-that-be. I hope this won’t affect our mission.

Meanwhile, Emily has continued with her inventions, leading to some heated moments, heh heh.

Week 27 held little of note, save a pair of birthdays. Garret did, however, somehow see his old imaginary friend from childhood for the first time in weeks. He didn’t seem pleased to see her.

Darius reached his young adulthood first.

I still find myself amazed by the technology that allowed us to make such an exact clone of the man I nearly chose as my own mate. How would things have changed had I done so? I can hardly imagine my family being anything other than it has been.

Emily’s birthday followed the next day, of course.

I do adore the dress she’s chosen for her formal wear, and her athletic outfit certainly seems to confirm my early suspicions regarding her profession of choice.

Perhaps we won’t have long to wait for the next generation of Medleys…

Newsworthy Notes:
Lionel Lancaster - paramour of dear little Sandra nearly twenty weeks ago - has finally succumbed to the ravages of time, preceded by his lover and daughter. He is survived (barely) by his granddaughter Sara and great-granddaughter Emily.
Sara has finally reached the top of the culinary ladder and immediately retired upon getting back home.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2014, 03:12:29 PM »

Well, holy crap! Welcome back, again.  ;D Glad to see they both grew up so lovely; they're gonna make one pretty nooboo.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2014, 03:57:20 PM »
I hope your laptop holds up. While I would understand if you had to abandon the dynasty, I'd be very sad.

They're both beautiful young adults. I forgot about Lionel, though. Poor, forgotten, outside-of-the-household babydaddy. :P

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2014, 05:11:34 AM »
Thank you, thank you! I expect there are going to be lots of townie deaths upcoming due to less computing power on the laptop compared to my desktop, which makes me sad. Long chapter, lots going on, so here we go.

At the first of the week, it came as no surprise that Emily and Darius chose to make their relationship official.

Darius was eager to get married then and there, but Emily had a couple of things she wanted to take care of first.

First up was a solo trip to the family house in China to work on her inventing challenges. Nobody in town wants to hear all the explosions involved, so off she went to terrorize the poor Chinese folks.

I don’t know precisely how this ghost got there, but she was understandably upset by the roaring infernos that Emily’s detonations caused.

After a week or so away blowing up cheap washing machines and collecting the scrap, Emily returned home to attend her bachelorette party at the art gallery. There was much fizzy nectar sprayed all over the place, thankfully missing all of the artworks.

Sara gave the toast for her daughter, though I’m afraid she may have had too much nectar beforehand, directing it at the wall like that.

The next day dawned and saw the bachelorette party still raging on, with all the Medley women (myself included) due at work in a matter of hours. Judicious use of moodlet managers allowed us all to function through the workday while preparations were being made at home for our little girl’s wedding day. Emily pulled Finn and Sara aside for a little chat before the guests started arriving.

Emily and Darius took their place beneath the arch while the guests found their seats by the light of the full moon. Some of the guests (and Darius) were uneasy attending an outdoor wedding on zombie night, but we’ve never had one make it onto our fenced property.

Obligatory shot of the bride’s sappy wedding face…

...and Darius rushed immediately toward the cake, hoping to get it cut and get indoors as quickly as possible. But, where is Emily going?

Oh. Oscar (Arellano) Vasquez apparently forgot his plasma fruit and starved to death while Emi and Dar got married. There certainly seems to be a rash of deaths among the original residents of Lucky Palms. I think I need to look into possible causes for this phenomenon. Meanwhile, Darius cut the cake without Emily - or anyone else, for that matter.

When everyone had left (the mood thoroughly ruined by the grim one’s presence) Darius and Emily retired to the master suite to spend some time alone.

The next day dawned quiet, a nice change of pace after the excitement of party after party, and aside from a little nausea on Emily’s part it stayed that way until nearly midnight. Goodbye, sweet Sara. 91 days were too few.

A few hours later, Emily discovered a need for a new wardrobe, for a couple of days at least.

Finn, party animal that he is, threw himself a crazy bash for his elder birthday immediately after work. Somehow, he didn’t feel as if he was the sole focus of the room as he blew out his candles for the last time.

He felt an unfamiliar chill from behind him as the sparkles washed over him. In fact, the chill seemed to be coming from the direction of his old friend Dianna Grace.

Garret took offense to the reaper’s insistence on crashing his son’s birthday party and stealing a piece of cake while here.

Silly Finn closed his eyes while I was taking pictures of his new wardrobe and then refused to let me retake them. Whoever heard of a politician that didn’t love the camera?

Early Saturday, we heard shouting from the basement, where Emily had her inventing table, and we knew that it must be time to meet the sixth Medley to live here in Lucky Palms.

It is my great honor to introduce Dominic Medley! He’s a good couch potato with a preference for the color orange and a love for dark wave music and potato and truffle tortes.

Notable deaths: Oscar Arellano Vasquez at the wedding; Carie Hudson, daughter of Ariel Hudson Medley and Kinslee Hudson, Garret’s half-sister.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Medley Dynasty, the Third (Week Twenty-Eight)
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2014, 12:37:56 PM »
Welcome to Dominic! Do I sense a writer?

I also eagerly await seeing his future spouse, but I guess that's for a little later.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2014, 01:19:01 PM »
I'm having trouble deciding what to do about his spouse. I'm tempted to clone him up a townie like Darius, but then I'm afraid she'd live too long for Gen 7 to produce an heir. On the other hand, if none of the townie women are still available by the time he's old enough to reproduce (and Darius passes so there's room for an immediate child) I'll have to go to Egypt for a non-cloneface spouse. I'm so torn.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2014, 01:29:52 PM »
You could clone a spouse a little later in Dom's life. It would mean that he would have to wait until he's a lot older to have a child, but there would be a better chance of her still being young enough for a child. Egypt sounds like a good idea too, but if travel bugs out, you're out of luck. :(

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2014, 02:49:51 PM »
I guess I'm just getting a little impatient and want to produce heirs as quickly as possible. I've been working on this family line since just after the release of Pets and I'd like to see it finished before Sims 4 distracts me away. :D I didn't even think about just waiting to produce Gen 7 until the mother was old enough to have little chance of hanging around too long.

Also, good guess based on just two traits! ;)