Author Topic: Woohooium, Secret Weapon? And Flourite.  (Read 70733 times)

Offline Mrs.Laphalot

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Woohooium, Secret Weapon?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 10:34:07 AM »
I was coming to see if anyone had found any news about the woohooium but I'm guessing it's still being tested.  ;)  I have found 2 in the consignment store this sim week and I just sent them to be smelted. They look cool if nothing else.  ;D

Archer0

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 12:12:26 PM »
Just did a google search and still nothing on spawn points for this metal, nor for the new flourite.  Maybe EA will add some spawn points in a patch.

I did find a post where somebody got woohooium at the relic store while in France.  So, I'm going to start checking relic stores while on any vacations.

Also, I found this transfiguration recipe for woohooium in the google search, but have not confirmed it.  They claim it is the most reliable recipe for creating woohooium:

Top row: Platinum with Mercury vial stacked on it, Mercury, Palladium, Silver

Bottom row: Platinum, Mercury, Iridium, Silver

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 12:55:47 PM »
Neither metal nor gem can be found in the wild.  The only ways to get them are to mine, sculpt, buy at consignment store or buy at one of the relic stores in Chine, France and Egypt.  Maybe they will put them out to spawn at some point, but I don't see them doing so anytime soon.  Just my personal opinion. 

MaryMary

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2010, 07:32:33 PM »
One of my sims found an already smelted ingot of Woohooium in the mausoleum.  So it seems to be set as a random treasure.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2010, 01:03:09 AM »
Neither metal nor gem can be found in the wild.  The only ways to get them are to mine, sculpt, buy at consignment store or buy at one of the relic stores in Chine, France and Egypt.  Maybe they will put them out to spawn at some point, but I don't see them doing so anytime soon.  Just my personal opinion.  

I'm almost certain I found Flourite in the wild.  But just shoot me because I can't remember where.  I've just come off the Crazy Eight's Collector's Challenge and all of my gem collecting is a blur.  You can definitely get Flourite from breaking space rock blocks, but I really think I found one in the wild, too.

I changed the title of this thread so we can talk about both of the new collectibles in Ambitions.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline IgnorantBliss

• Llama Wrangler
  • Part-time Hermit
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2010, 02:55:44 AM »
Neither metal nor gem can be found in the wild.  The only ways to get them are to mine, sculpt, buy at consignment store or buy at one of the relic stores in Chine, France and Egypt.  Maybe they will put them out to spawn at some point, but I don't see them doing so anytime soon.  Just my personal opinion. 

Rummaging through garbage cans is one additional option to these.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
Re: Woohooium, Secret Weapon? And Flourite.
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2010, 03:11:41 AM »
Too right, sorry that I forgot about that :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2010, 03:23:20 AM »
I thought I'd found flourite in the wild too, beind the railway car in Twinbooke - sort of near the science building *I think* - it was quite some time ago and I don't generally look for gems in the wild, it's not very efficient but I think I was out there getting palladium and checking for pink diamonds.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2010, 08:31:55 AM »
Well correct me if I didn't see anyone mention it, but I got like all my pink diamonds from using the miner right outside in my backyard. Don't recall getting fluorite same way, though.

Offline Calgary_Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 01:12:28 AM »
Also, I found this transfiguration recipe for woohooium in the google search, but have not confirmed it.  They claim it is the most reliable recipe for creating woohooium:

Top row: Platinum with Mercury vial stacked on it, Mercury, Palladium, Silver

Bottom row: Platinum, Mercury, Iridium, Silver

Confirmed!  Using all small ingots and mercury vials, I got a small iridium ingot and a small woohooium ingot.  Using all large ingots, I got the following small ingots:  iron, iridium, woohooium, and mummitomium.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2010, 11:57:46 AM »
What's an "Ingot"?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Calgary_Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2010, 12:28:23 PM »
That's the rectangular piece of metal you get back when you send most ores off for smelting.  And before you ask, "ore" is the lump of metal you find on a rock and gem hunt.

Dariu

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2010, 02:28:32 AM »
Oh no wonder
I thought someone hacked to my account to change the thread

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2010, 01:44:21 PM »
I get flourite all the time via breaking space rocks.  Never a woohooium though. :)  I still have yet to find one of those, I think I just don't mine enough or something.

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2010, 07:56:15 AM »
My sculptor in now level 9, and seems to regularly get woohooium and fluorite as 'impurities' when sculpting in stone.

No idea what use they are, though!! ;D