Author Topic: Dog Breeding Problem  (Read 3271 times)

Offline Devin

• Occult
Dog Breeding Problem
« on: September 29, 2012, 05:46:22 PM »
I've looked everywhere on the Internet and I can't find the answer to this problem.

My dogs will not breed. In my previous game, my dogs got into the second generation and couldn't breed into the third. One parent in every case has been adopted from the shelter. I've managed one successful breed, but nothing after that point.

Both dogs have high relationship with one another and a high relationship with the head of household Sim as well. I can't seem to get their relationship bar to move past a certain point, however, and all of them are only at "friend" level with one another and with the dog owner. There is another Sim in the house who is not friends with either dog.

Can somebody tell me what the problem is? If I have to work them all up to perfect relationships every time, I'm going to wind up giving up. I find that horses are less lucrative and more hassle, but at least they will breed. What's going on?

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: Dog Breeding Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 07:01:58 AM »
The only time I haven't been able to breed, it was two cats I'd made, and I forgot to make one of them female. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 08:23:14 AM »
Is there room in the household? Or are you just not getting chimes?
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 08:35:38 PM »
There are six total creatures in the household: three sims and three dogs. There should be plenty of room available for the two dogs to mate with one another. Both dogs have very high relationship with one another and with the YA male Sim. Every time I tell them to try for puppies, they either do absolutely nothing at all, or they interact, get the red minus signs over their heads, and go on about their business with reduced relationship.

I don't even get to the point of the chimes. They never go into the dog house. And yes, there's one of those on the lot too.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 09:32:00 PM »
Do they make the attempt to go into the doghouse? I had trouble with getting horses to "try for foal" because they kept getting in each other's way causing routing errors.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 10:55:35 PM »
Have you tried replacing the doghouse?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 04:19:21 AM »
Have you tried replacing the doghouse?

Yes, perhaps they cannot get to the doghouse properly, or the ground is too uneven for them to interact properly?

...just to make sure, they are male and female, yes? (not both male or female - had to ask) :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 05:41:46 PM »
They sometimes attempt to go into it and it fades out (which happens with my horses when they have negative moodlets on their panel). I moved the doghouse but didn't delete and replace it. The ground is flat.

This happened in two entirely different games with two entirely different dogs. Horses are doing fine. I haven't tried cats.

My game has been incredibly buggy lately and I suspect that this is a bug but am surprised to find that it's not a known bug. The routing stuff I know about and am dealing with, but this one is really weird.

Joanne

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 06:20:28 PM »
The dog house can have a bug. Bug a new one and see if it help.

anything