Author Topic: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips  (Read 61526 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2013, 08:43:39 AM »
Don't forget about Midas Touch.    In several recent games I got anywhere between §300k and §850k from a single 6 hr elixir.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2013, 06:44:08 PM »
Disclaimer for all to see.  A member told the team they didn't think the rules would ever change so we're making sure that this is written at the bottom of every dynasty ruleset to insure that everyone knows.

Please be aware that the game is constantly changing.  All Dynasty rules are subject to change and  have clarifications made as information is gathered over time.  All changes to the rules will be noted with a date change at the bottom of the rules page as well as details given within the dynasty thread.   Dynasty players are expected to keep up with these changes on their own as part of playing the challenge.  If there is a rule clarification and you break that rule, there is no guarantee a second chance will be given by the Challenge Board team.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2013, 09:14:07 PM »
Hi, um my sim mastered fishing a couple of days ago. He's received the skill certificate but I understand there's a mounted fish or fish trophy that comes with being an angler?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2013, 09:22:43 PM »
Hi, um my sim mastered fishing a couple of days ago. He's received the skill certificate but I understand there's a mounted fish or fish trophy that comes with being an angler?

If you have Ambitions, joining the Angler career and then selling §25,000 worth of fish will get you a trophy from city Hall.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2013, 09:02:33 AM »
Two tips about playable ghosts:
  • Travelling is even buggier than usual but sending a human on holiday with the ghost reduces the number of glitches.
  • If the game picks a ghost as the random townie that gives your Sim an opportunity, the opportunity will cancel before you can complete it, just as it does if a Sim dies on story progression.  (I really should have fed ambrosia to all of my spares before I moved them out.  As it was, I just made sure that everyone had plenty of human friends.  As it happens, I got lucky and only ran onto this problem with work opportunities for former heirs.)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2013, 09:47:33 PM »
Have a self-employment career that just won't level fast enough?  Is it anything but writing?  I learned a nifty new trick to get you closer to that end result without too much effort.   For the self employment careers that are based around a product of a skill that can be sold in buy mode, make one item that's worth a pretty penny.   Go into buy mode and using the delete key or drag method (not the hammer) sell the item.  Hit the undo button to get the item back.  Then sell it again.  Each time you sell it will count towards a wish to earn money or towards a money based career like sculpting or painting.   I haven't tested it too much with produce or fish but I know for a fact it works for sculptures, paintings & inventions. 

I was able to get to level 10 inventing career as well as supermax inventing without hitting level 10 handiness because of this little trick.   This also helped me quickly finish 2 wishes  with sculpting as the 5k and 20k are both over 5000 LTHP.  Not to mention it made getting the 25000 career reward a lot easier so I could move onto something else.

Metro decided this was an exploit and is therefore banned from use in Dynasties and Challenges.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2013, 11:36:42 AM »
What a cool trick! Thanks Rica!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2013, 12:01:29 AM »
Buying gems and metals from the Elixir Shop counts towards the collecting challenges. Keep that in mind before sending the wrong heir out to buy from the Elixir Shop!

(Why yes, I ended up invalidating Cricket's unique skill challenge that way. Go me.)

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2013, 11:26:59 AM »
Self-employ careers are only from generations, right? Because I've got Supernatural and Pets and the only two careers the game allows me to self-employ are those two.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2013, 11:50:58 AM »
Self-employ careers are only from generations, right?

I believe they came with Ambitions.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2013, 12:11:50 PM »
I believe they came with Ambitions.

They did.

By samoht04

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2013, 02:20:05 PM »
My founder has Logic 9 but still hasn't popped the max logic skill wish does anyone have any ideas/suggestions on how I can make it pop up?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2013, 02:22:33 PM »
My founder has Logic 9 but still hasn't popped the max logic skill wish does anyone have any ideas/suggestions on how I can make it pop up?

Sometimes it doesn't happen - how did you founder learn the skill?

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2013, 02:34:41 PM »
Sometimes it doesn't happen - how did you founder learn the skill?

She was on the chemistry set

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2013, 02:39:04 PM »
She was on the chemistry set

Sometimes the wish just doesn't fire.   Wait a few days - have her sleep at night.  Final promotion in a career that uses Logic can help too.   Wishes are the hardest part of this dynasty.  They're random and not guaranteed.