Author Topic: Fairy Cottage (30x30 Residential Lot)  (Read 10822 times)

Offline intl_incident

• You can call me Indy! :D
  • Occult
Fairy Cottage (30x30 Residential Lot)
« on: October 30, 2012, 11:12:48 PM »

Lot size: 30 x 30
Price Furnished: 105742
Price Unfurnished: 58340
Expansion/Stuff Packs used: Only Base Game and SN are absolutely required, but see below for a detailed breakdown of deco items/plants used from other packs.

Made in response to a request by m.sato on the Building Request Thread.  Tested with a walkthrough.

This 2-bedroom, 2.5 bath cottage was built with faries in mind (but can be used by anyone, of course).  The decor is a mix of bright florals and natural greens, with wood and stone adding to the natural ambience.  The landscaping is lushly decorated with flowers and plants, and there is a huge fenced garden in the back just waiting to be planted by a Green Thumb.  A miniature Fairy Cottage is nestled among the flowers next to the bubbling pond.

Inside the house there is a ground-level master bedroom with attached bath, as well as direct access to a small nursery.    A hallway leads either to the brightly lit great room with a sitting area, dining room and study bordering a large open kitchen.  There is another half-bath in the back, along with a bonus room that can be outfitted as a gym, turned into a TV room or filled with hobby equipment.

Upstairs is a spacious loft, with a small bar, chess set, radio and telescope, plus a hallway to an artist's nook in the upper part of the cottage's stone tower.  A second bedroom and second bath round out the upper floor plan.

The house is almost entirely made up of base game and Supernatural items, except for the following objects. 
Purely decorative: a water pump from AMB, a lemonade pitcher from OLS, a vase from PETS and another from LN, a painting and chest from WA, curtains from GEN and LN, deco walls from LN (can be exchanged for another wall pattern -- just decorative on the roof of the side of the house)
Mostly decorative: a child's bookshelf from GEN, a chandelier from PETS.
Outdoor plants: white hydrangeas from AMB, purple heather from PETS, peonies and rocks from WA.
Structural (but wholly optional): 3-slot arch from SHO (can be replaced with base-game 3-slot arch); shuttered window from WA (can be replaced another 2-slot window)

I am always open for critique, so if anyone has any comments -- critical or otherwise, please feel free!

Offline DoubleWe

• Townie
Re: Fairy Cottage (30x30 Residential Lot)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 03:06:58 AM »
Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! I'm really quite awed here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 07:58:44 AM »
I really love this house also, wonderful job.

Offline intl_incident

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 09:37:40 PM »
Thanks!  I had a great time making it -- it's not a style I usually do, but it was a lot of fun to play around with all of those colors.  I'm glad more people than just m.sato can make use of it. :)  There are a couple more pictures here if anyone is interested:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/sionelle/FCUpstairsBedroom.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/sionelle/FCUpstairsBar.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/sionelle/FCArtistTower.jpg

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 01:32:47 AM »
This is so cute! I just just started a new fairy family and I think they are about to move! Plus this will look perfect in Hidden Springs :)
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 02:34:36 AM »
This is gorgeous. I don't tend to download other people's houses because, as a builder, I just usually build my own, but I couldn't resist with this one. It's so nice! I can't wait to go exploring it in detail :D

10 out of 10!
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline Forest_Bear

• Llama Wrangler
  • Simlish Song Addict
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 02:44:10 AM »
Wow thats such a pretty house! :D
Hi Im new! Call me Forest or Boo.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 04:20:20 AM »
Does anyone else have an issue with this lot "sinking" into the ground when placed? As in, the edges of the lot turn into a steep downward cliff with the house sitting on the bottom, roughly one story below the surface of the surrounding area?

Offline intl_incident

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 10:00:33 AM »
Hi, Korva -- I'm sorry that's happening to you.  I know that sometimes imported houses will do that, but I don't know why. If I did, I would make sure mine wouldn't do it!  It seems to be random who it affects -- some people will have the problem with a lot, and other people will have no problem with the very same lot.  Sometimes the lots will also shoot up onto a cliff instead of sinking. :P  I have even had my own lots sink or be raised up when I move them from lot to lot on the same world where I built them.

Anyway, there are a lot of guides around telling you how to correct the issue.  One of them is here:  http://oumamea-the-sims3.blogspot.com/2011/03/problems-with-lots-sinking-into-ground.html

Basically, you have to use a cheat (setimportedterrainoffset) before you place the lot.  Make sure you turn it off (set it to 0) afterwards, or the next lot you place will be raised up.

Hope that helps!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 08:35:12 PM »
Oh I had the same problem. Unfortunately I already placed the lot, moved the family in, and have pretty much established them so oh well. I just put stairs down to the house level. I pretend they live in a magical valley!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 06:09:41 AM »
Cheers, that worked!

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 12:24:17 PM »
Thank you! I've bookmarked that page for future reference as well :)
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 05:35:26 PM »
This house is perfect for my rebuild of Barnacle Bay, now called Enchanted Havens.  May I use it?  Credit will be give to you, of course.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline intl_incident

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 07:03:20 AM »
Sure, Joria. Feel free to use it wherever you like :). Glad you found a good place for it!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2013, 03:28:52 PM »
The theme of my remake of BB is fantasy/nothing modern.  I have Schipperke's Through the Looking Glass complete with the Red Queen, Alice and my own family dog, several of Neashaleigh's builds, and now this wonderful house of yours.  I'll post some pics as I get more done in it but just wanted you to know this house is even more fabulous than I first thought.  Makes me smile each time I see it.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery