Author Topic: Rabbit Hole Recolours in CAW  (Read 3321 times)

Chuckles_82

Rabbit Hole Recolours in CAW
« on: September 01, 2012, 06:49:15 AM »
If you recolour items for CAW, do they count as CC, or are they just that - recolours? If they only count as recolours, I might try my hand at recolouring some of the rabbitholes for my current world.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Rabbit Hole Recolours in CAW
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 06:57:28 AM »
If you recolour items for CAW, do they count as CC, or are they just that - recolours? If they only count as recolours, I might try my hand at recolouring some of the rabbitholes for my current world.

I think that anyone who downloads your world would also need to download the recoloured rabbit holes so I think it's CC.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 08:23:57 AM »
Actually, depending on how you do it, it doen't have to be CC. I'm not sure of the technicalities of it but I've definitely seen some worlds where it's just treated as a recolour (RFlong and co's Winter Wonderland and Simsample's Jericho spring to mind).

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 08:39:00 AM »
The tutorial on how to do it is here:

http://customsims3.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=102&pid=348#pid348 (post #5) Does this method mean it would be just a recolour? It would be awesome if I could change some of the aweful red brick on some of the rabbitholes.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 11:21:29 AM »
I'm not 100% sure, but yeah, I think so. By the looks of it the new images get integrated into the world file and it become a variant for that particular world, like sky and water colours.  :)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 07:25:08 PM »
This could be very useful. I could get rid of all sorts of horrible colours - like the red cupcake and ribbon around the kids cooktop stove. Unchangeable colours, begone!

Chuckles_82

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 09:37:39 PM »
The link for the tutorial seems to be broken :( They've deleted the thread it seems. Ah well. I thought I'd try something a little 'simpler' for my first recolour, though I may have been overambitious. Something that requires much less change would be better, I think. I recoloured the coleus plant, and this is what I came up with:

I don't know what the plant is called that has the white and green leaves, but that was what I was aiming for.

First I tried adding the file to the save file for the house itself, but it wouldn't work like that. I haven't tried adding things to my world file yet. Hopefully that has more success. To get this one to work, primarily so that I could see my handiwork ingame, I made it as an individual package and put it in my overrides folder (as a mod). Fingers crossed I can get it to work as a non-mod later on!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.