Author Topic: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips  (Read 61541 times)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips
« Reply #195 on: January 23, 2015, 01:06:13 PM »
If you can't find a teen RI for your heir, and you are playing in Moonlight Falls, use Trip's "fireworks in  cemetery" trick to wake up all the ghosts. There is a teen ghost there somewhere.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #196 on: January 23, 2015, 02:03:58 PM »
Not just one, but two! Fricorith Tricou and Jimmy Vu are both teens.

Depending on how your spousal plans are set up and how much luck you have, you can reserve the Wolff children for your romantic interests, as they might end up being teens for a while. Waylon always tends to be in my games, anyways.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #197 on: January 23, 2015, 03:53:49 PM »
By the time you reach the last few generations though, that might not work so well. Waylon Wolff aged up once in my game, so I have to find a new RI for the 6th generation.

Offline goldenwanderer

• Nooboo
« Reply #198 on: March 23, 2015, 06:26:05 PM »
I've discovered something interesting about aliens born into the dynasty, and I thought I'd share.

One of my heirs married an alien. As an alien, Zuvihac had a Brain Power bar instead of an Energy bar. He never had to sleep. He painted and wrote books and cared for his children all day, and then occasionally had to refill his Brain Power bar.

He had one alien child, Jalaso, who didn't inherit his alien "powers" until he was a teenager. At that point, I assumed Jal would be like Zuvi and never have to sleep. I was wrong. After a long day at school, a negative moodlet warned me that Jal was almost out of energy. After a good night's sleep, he got the fully rested moodlet.

As it turns out, my part-alien boy had both energy and brain power needs, but the energy bar isn't visible.

(The same thing was true for Jalaso's alien daughters; they needed to sleep the same as everyone else. But they also had to restore their brain power now and then, and they could do anything else an alien can do.)

So, if one of your heirs has a nooboo with an alien, keep that in mind. If they're anything like the alien babies in my game, they'll need to sleep. Keep an eye out for those moodlets - they're the only way you can keep track of the energy need.

(I have no idea if this applies to abduction-babies - I've never experienced that phenomenon.)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #199 on: March 23, 2015, 07:36:37 PM »
Abduction babies are full-blooded aliens, so they should function like aliens you move in.

I think it's connected to the way the alien life state is handled, since it's through a "DNA percentage" rather than a hidden trait like basically any other life state.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #200 on: October 04, 2015, 04:04:06 PM »
I know many people eschew having ITF on for dynasties like this but just in case, here's what I found regarding skills:

Advanced Tech: Easy to Master and you can start from childhood, just buy the heir a sprite and a future bed. Have them Dream in the future and talk to their sprite and voila, easy start to the skill. In order to finish the Gotta Catch 'Em All challenge, two things have to happen. One: Your heir will need to max Advanced Tech. Two: You will need a housemate to collect the different starter sprites. Have the heir ask for sprite form from the housemate and share sprite forms with the housemate. The housemate then discards that particular sprite and we move on to the next one. The Dreamer challenge requires you to have 50 different dream outcomes; for each dream, you can get neutral, bad, or good. Some dreams will temporarily alter your heir's traits but the Moodlet Manager will change them right back. Your heir also doesn't have to be sleepy or have a long dream to have it count. Just get them to an endpoint (ie, Influence dream until it's good or bad or leave it alone) and cancel the action. You can easily get 7-10 dreams in a night if you do it this way. Synthesized can be finished from the first moment you learn a recipe; you just have to install that one on 20 different machines. Improving meal quality on synthesizers also gives a significant boost to the skill.

Bot-Building/Nanite Collecting: Nanite Collecting and the Domo Arigato, Mr. Plumbato challenges can only be completed in the future. To complete the second one, however, the easiest way is to go to the Bot Emporium and keep spamming the tune-up interaction with the cashier. As your skill increases, your average tip does too. Trait chip designs are locked to about two per level so once you learn them, switch to either building trait chips or building nanites (I recommend the nanites because that's a skill challenge itself).

Career: The Astronomy career can be ridiculously easy to max, provided you have basil; you can probably max in just over three weeks without it. With it and the bed's good 'dream about career' action, you'll get it in two weeks, max. The nice thing about it is that it's every day for most levels. The most annoying metric is the friend and mood metric, which are not calibrated properly. A mood that's not in the bubble will read as foul by the career and as that is the main metric for several levels, you might want to invest in a spa treatment or a genie's happiness wish. The friend metric goes down very quickly in job and I'm really not sure why.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #201 on: October 09, 2019, 09:48:28 PM »
Less of a tip, more of a word of warning. Not like life state dynasties or Union Cove has been popular lately but hey.

I'm not gonna say that Union Cove (our forum's custom world and the only one approved for dynasties) is impossible to do a Life States Dynasty in, but there are two huge hurdles: no pre-made ghosts, and more annoyingly, original townies won't turn occult. Here's my source for the latter, plus I did some testing myself. It's unfortunately a limitation of Create-a-World for both of those. Ghosts can't be packaged in custom worlds and go corrupt if they are, and regular sims packaged with it are considered "potentially playable" and spared from a lot of story progression antics, including becoming an occult.

If you wanted my potential game plan that prioritizes original townies (duh) in Union Cove, here ya go. I'm not gonna do this dynasty again most likely, steal it outright!

- Start with a witch because there's no in-game, non-elixir way to get a witch besides being made that way, born that way, or turned into that through story progression. Or, if you're playing with University Life and like university townies, they should be able to turn occult no matter what your homeworld is.

- Keep whoever you want alive through any legal means possible. Fountain of Youth elixirs, makeovers and tattoos, whatever.

- Generated/new resident sims will turn occult just fine. This means that any spouse can receive a bite from a vampire or a werewolf.

- The newest version of UC should have the necessary rabbitholes to complete the op chain for a spouse to become a fairy.

- Your vampire spouse, heir, or spares can turn other townies into vampires, and this increases the chance that one will die of starvation. You can't deliberately kill a sim, but if you invite vampires to a party, you can't control if they will keep themselves alive.

- Old age ghosts are easy to obtain, this is all.

- Currently this list gives you the potential for a human, witch, vampire, fairy, werewolf, old age ghost, and vampiric thirst ghost, who can all be original townie-descended and in Union Cove. Congrats on having a full list of eligible life states. Now it's time to beat UC's lag, lol

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #202 on: October 09, 2019, 10:08:54 PM »
Do those ghosts that pop up with some of the ghost hunter jobs count as potential spouse material, or do they not work beyond the confines of the job for which they are spawned?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #203 on: October 10, 2019, 05:42:13 AM »
Do those ghosts that pop up with some of the ghost hunter jobs count as potential spouse material, or do they not work beyond the confines of the job for which they are spawned?

I can't say I've ever tried to move them in! I feel like they're too temporary for it to work but it's not against dynasty rules to try.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #204 on: October 10, 2019, 08:28:46 AM »
My thoughts exactly, Trip. Hmmm.

Runs to check it out :P