Author Topic: The Legacy Help, Tips, and Strategies Thread  (Read 141291 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Legacy Help, Tips, and Strategies Thread
« Reply #195 on: August 30, 2010, 10:23:10 AM »
When i have a large number of SIMS in my legacy house i tend to ignore half of them especially spares.
I used to feel guilty about throwing anyone out of the house but now its a case of get out and stay out.
Its the elders that get in the way for me my current heir is just 86 and she has her son his wife and three kiddies living with her plus her teenage son (menopause baby)
All she does is wake up in the middle of the night chat to all the ghosts then sleep all day. I cant kick her out because she is the heir and isnt there a rule about heirs dying in the house.
Whats the betting she lives for days and days too  ;)

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #196 on: August 30, 2010, 02:14:17 PM »
Samoht, how did you get them to move in with the grandparents?

Elders + running bug makes for spry gardeners. My elder would wake from the farthest bedroom room and be first to arrive to help crying babies in the night.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #197 on: August 30, 2010, 02:24:10 PM »
Well my Legacy Grandparents stay in the same house as their kids and grand kids.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #198 on: August 30, 2010, 02:28:49 PM »
I don't think there's a rule that heirs HAVE to stay in the house till they die, but mine usually do.  Elders are awesome for cleaning, gardening, child care, tutoring, or money making activities like painting. 

When I have a full house of sims I usually only control the ones that still have LTW's to accomplish, and occasionally I'll send a spare or elder off to an activity that needs to be done.  But mostly they just have a lot of free time to do whatever they like.  :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #199 on: August 30, 2010, 02:37:35 PM »
The only rule about family members is no known rich sims should move in and the main family must stay on that lot the whole duration of the legacy.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #200 on: August 30, 2010, 02:42:07 PM »
I thought rich sims were fair game, just not for the founder.   ???
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #201 on: August 30, 2010, 02:54:14 PM »
My second generation heir married a rich SIM she only bought 1600 to the house. Whereas my first generation spouse, Christopher Steel (the legacy spouse in so many legacies) was considered not rich yet brought 5000 into the house.
I think sometimes rich can be relative depending on how many other SIMS live in the prospective spouses` house.
That so made sense in my head

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #202 on: August 30, 2010, 03:10:42 PM »
Oh yeah,  :-[ I forgot that that was only for the founder.  :-X

Yeah you only find out if a sim is rich if you visit their home.

Offline applejackkxo

• Llama Wrangler
  • "Blame it all upon a rush of blood to the head."
« Reply #203 on: August 30, 2010, 03:46:49 PM »
My second generation heir married a rich SIM she only bought 1600 to the house. Whereas my first generation spouse, Christopher Steel (the legacy spouse in so many legacies) was considered not rich yet brought 5000 into the house.

Exactly. However, I had one of my sims (non-legacy) marry a rich sim. The sim, like the one you are talking about, only brought a thousand-something into the family...however, I checked his inventory and he had the most expensive car you can get in it that I was able to sell for $94,000. So I think it's not about how much money they have, it's about what they own.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” -Albert Einstein

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #204 on: August 31, 2010, 01:49:17 PM »
What are the rules regarding children leaving the lot with family members? I tried numerous times to have the uncle take his niece fishing at the beach behind the SV legacy lot, but although she wanted to fish, she wouldn't leave the lot with him. He lived there with her at that time.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #205 on: August 31, 2010, 04:50:46 PM »
I think if you click on the place you want to go there is an option to take other people with you.

A quite funny thing happened with my legacy, i was playing and i mentioned to the husband that i was glad that a certain Sim was only a spare and not an heir as i thought he might be gay and therefore would not reproduce and bloodline heirs. Husband said your mad woman how can a computer generated person be gay.
I kicked said Sim out as a teen with his elderly mum. I checked on the family tree a day or two later and he is now living with his life partner Dusty.
Just like to add that i never let this Sim have any romantic relationships at all before i kicked him out.

Rachel

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #206 on: August 31, 2010, 08:47:03 PM »
I think if you click on the place you want to go there is an option to take other people with you.

That's what I did. She wanted to go but then didn't. Three times. I wondered if there's a rule about leaving the property with someone other than parents.

I'm assuming you mean that Dusty is male? I think all sims are bisexual in order to let the player direct them either way. Without direction, I'm sure there's an element of randomness. Having said that, I think my legacy teen is gay too, but that just might be because of the feminine hairstyle of the boy who followed him home. If I choose his sister to be heir, I'll let him choose his own partner too.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #207 on: August 31, 2010, 08:58:12 PM »
Could the child not go fishing on their own.
I just thought it was funny that i had told my husband that this particular Sim was gay when he was a child(the Sim not my husband) and i was right.
I am a bit pathetic that i find the lives of my evicted Sims to be interesting i get feelings of guilt if any of my spares dont find people to spend their little Sim lives with.

Rachel

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #208 on: September 01, 2010, 02:11:35 AM »
My probable 3rd gen heir is scoping out her possible mates. Some have traits I've never played or in combinations that sound wild. Do any of these shout "marry this guy?" Fiona Bright has 8 days before she becomes YA. She's Neurotic, Born Saleswoman, Friendly, and Family Oriented. I think I'll make her a painter or a sculptor. There's a housing boom in SV, so new people may yet move in.

Herman Bean sounds wonderful, but he's already YA: Green Thumb, Virtuoso, Loves the Outdoors. But he wears a peter pan collar.

Scotty Bean must be Herman's brother, sounds like it's a good family, and he's a teenager like Fiona. I don't know his traits yet.

Tam Thrasher, a light-skinned teen who wears Egypt clothes to school. He's Grumpy, Evil, and Neurotic. I almost want to choose him to shake things up, but I've never had Grumpy, and certainly not this combination. Making him happy might be too much work.

Chin-Han Lim, a teen who's Childish, Insane, Good, and a Mooch. He might drive me insane with the Childish trait.

Marquis Ursine, a teen who I'm inclined to ignore because of his family, but I guess I'll check out his traits.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #209 on: September 01, 2010, 03:02:01 AM »
Children cannot leave the lot alone after their curfew.  After hearing that the uncle couldn't take the child fishing, I think it must be only the parents who can take the child from the lot after hours.

I also believe heirs have to live on the Legacy lot their entire lives.  The link to Pinstar's rules isn't working for me at the moment, so I can't be positive.  But I'm fairly certain only spares can be kicked out of the house.  Spouses can be kicked out, too, because they aren't part of the Legacy bloodline.  However, they won't qualify for points if they don't live in the house.

I can't kick him out now. I've spent his 50K happiness on a Food Replicator for the family.

You can still kick him out unless he's the heir.  The Food Replicator will stay on your lot.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."