Author Topic: Vampires not skilling as fast since Supernatural  (Read 3569 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Vampires not skilling as fast since Supernatural
« on: October 19, 2012, 11:34:42 AM »
I was wondering if anyone else noticed this problem.  I finally purchased Supernatural and I was playing a vampire child.  Skilling now is pretty much normal speed.  It takes the same amount of time for them to skill up as a mortal child.  I figured, either it was not suppose to be that fast in the first place or Supernatural glitched the speed.  The child has not aged up to teen yet, so I don't know if it is the same speed or not.  I really miss that aspect to vampires. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 11:42:33 AM »
My vampire child skills up pretty fast with Supernatural. Everything seems the same

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Vampires not skilling as fast since Supernatural
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 11:45:35 AM »
Since that was my first vampire, I am going to start another game and see if maybe that file is not working right.  When I tried to save that particular game, I got the error 12 message, so it might have been that one game.  Will post when I find out.  I really hope it has not changed any. :)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 11:53:36 AM »
Oh I hate error 12.. I'm getting those because of my large file with dynasty, and the RAM maxed to 8gigs for my computer. Good luck

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 05:12:57 PM »
I was wondering if anyone else noticed this problem.  I finally purchased Supernatural and I was playing a vampire child.  Skilling now is pretty much normal speed.  It takes the same amount of time for them to skill up as a mortal child.  I figured, either it was not suppose to be that fast in the first place or Supernatural glitched the speed.  The child has not aged up to teen yet, so I don't know if it is the same speed or not.  I really miss that aspect to vampires. :)

My vampire child skilled incredibly fast, so fast that I think it must not be intended.  No matter what skill it was, it would only take her a matter of seconds to complete a level, and maxing a skill to level 10 could be done within a few minutes.  I know vampires are supposed to learn faster at night, but it was like this regardless of the time of day. 

When she was a teenager her mother was going to teach her how to drive, but the moment they stepped out the front door she completed her driving learning...before they could even make it to the car!  I believe this super fast skilling has continued into her adulthood as well.  It's kind of annoying really because since she is my dynasty heir I have to be extremely careful to not let her near any skill objects.  (Once while in the park she decided to play chess autonomously, sending me into a complete panic).

This is with Supernatural also, and she is my first vampire so I can't compare it to anything else, but I think it must be a bug. 

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 07:47:21 PM »
I tried a new file and the youth and teen still skill slow, so maybe it is me.  Darn, that is one of the reasons I played vampires, because they skill so fast.  Also, two vampires had a mortal baby, strange. :)

Offline midnightrose1377

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 12:38:07 AM »
well i have noticed an interesting pattern. the longer a sim is a vampire the faster their skill levels go up. i tested it one day by having a a toddler, child, teen, and young adult and in CAS made them all vampires. as they aged up the speed increased. so maybe you need to start from a younger age if you want this ability.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chaosmaster j

• Sims University Professor
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 11:47:17 PM »
I'm pretty sure the longer you are a vampire, the faster skill gaining is.
At Sims University, we are scared by our mikes, 50% our students sleep in lectures, our students have fights over who gets to go through a door first, and students starve to death at a regular basis. Enroll NOW!

anything