Author Topic: Everything went down after free vacation!  (Read 6461 times)

Offline noirefleure

• Nooboo
Everything went down after free vacation!
« on: December 29, 2013, 02:00:34 AM »
Hi everyone!

I just received the Generations EP a week before Christmas. Was very excited for the future of my Legacy Challenge!

I had a family with a mom, a dad, and 6 teens. The parents were given the free vacation. After one day, during the teen party, they called and said they were on their way home. I guess that is a thing. No big deal, the parents come home, and the kids are grounded.

The sim week after, they get the opportunity again. I want to try the teen party again, so I take it. I was surprised they did not come home early this time. When they did come home, the kids got a notification saying they were on their way home. Five sim hours later, they were nowhere in sight. Finally their icons are green again, and the mother stood in the foyer. The dad was nowhere insight. In fact, his icon pic was now just a blank green slate. In the relationship panel, he was grayed out, as if he were still on vacation. He never came home.

This creeped me out. I moved my family into another house down the street to get rid of the eighth, technically filled yet empty slot so I could move in the future wife of my next legacy. Everything seemed to work out alright for the first two sim days they were there, although the father's icon in the relationship panels was now completely gone, as if he had fallen off the Earth. Two days after moving, everyone froze. They were frozen in place for 6 sim hours. Finally I reset the neighborhood. They were no longer stuck, just very very slow. I wanted to get a couple of the kids out of there, so I could get a fresh start in another house for them. However, I was proposed with a new problem. When I clicked on the sim I was playing as, nothing came up. The self was unclickable. The cell phone, house phone, and computers are all unclickable. I had to move them by editing the town.

I now have two of my girls at another house, and everything works properly, except for the new symptoms. The self, cell/house phone and computer are all unclickable. Plus, the relationship panels are now completely empty. Has anyone had this problem?

I have no mods, Late Night, University, Showtime, Generations and Ambitions.

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Everything went down after free vacation!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 02:11:17 AM »
Sims disappearing (plus other things like what you mentioned) after the free vacation is a known glitch. There's no fix as far as I know. Sometimes it's okay, and sometimes it messes up everything. I always just refuse the opportunity rather than risk it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 08:37:35 PM »
I've had problems too, but not nearly as bad as you. When my sim parents get back, ALL of their wants and wishes are wiped out, even the locked ones. :(  This "free vacation" feature is totally full of problems and EA just won't fix them. :(  I've been tempted to uninstall Generations, but there are a couple of things I really like about it.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 12:07:36 PM »
I always skip the free vacations, too, because of the potential problems. Do you have a back up of your game from before the parents went on vacation?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."