Author Topic: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Complete)  (Read 9519 times)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Complete)
« on: December 04, 2012, 04:41:48 AM »
Christmas in Paradise – A Saviour Story
Union Cove is said to be beautiful. A place that everyone who lives there is happy and lives a thriving life but in paradise, there always are some who aren't getting by so well. This is a story where the children who are used to getting nothing for Christmas, get a whole lot.

Chapters and Characters

Chapter 1 – New Arrivals
New Characters Introduced

• Eve Wreath-Official guardian of 3 and principle of Union Cove Grammar School
  • Holly Spirit-Young child who spends her time alone
  • Four Adults-Four adults that have big ideas for Eve and her family

Chapter 2 - Introductions

• The Saviours-Cam Tele can teleport, Canary Bald can create screeches or soothing sounds, Alec Star was the leader and had strength and brains and Kelsey Cashick was a telepath who already had used her powers multiple times
  • Nicolas Clausa-Loves the Saviours, but then again he is easily impressed by a lot of things
  • Carol Pine-Excitable little girl who is a fan of the Saviours

Chapter 3 - The Paint of Home

Chapter 4 - Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly

Chapter 5 - Festival Fun Part 1

• Nicole Brustle-The event organiser and piano teacher at Union Cove Grammar School
  • Thea Voice-The vice principle and Head of English at Union Cove Grammar School

Chapter 6 - Festival Fun Part 2

Chapter 7 - Holly Spirit

Chapter 8 - Snowballs

Chapter 9 - Christmas in Paradise

Thank You,Things You May Not Have Known,Bloopers
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 04:43:30 AM »
Chapter 1 – New Arrivals
As two men and two women walked towards the door of a two-bedroom cottage on the outskirts of Union Cove, Holly Spirit stood in her room and gazed through the window and watched their movements. She found them peculiar and different compared to the usual visitors. They didn’t look like teachers coming to talk their way to a raise or any of Eve’s friends. They reached the door and Holly heard a faint ‘Ding’ coming from the front room.

Holly returned to her place in the rocking chair and pondered about the four people who had just entered her house. Well, it was more Eve’s house than hers. She had lived with Eve for as long as she could remember. She would always be Eve’s favourite, even if she wasn’t meant to have one.
Holly used to be out going and talkative but when others started to arrive Holly became more shy and preferred to stay alone. Sometimes, the others didn't even know she lived there and totally forgot about poor little Holly. She did, usually against her free will, go to school every day unless she was sick or it was cancelled. Eve made sure of that.

Eve had just heard the ‘Ding’ of the doorbell, she hoped anyone could have figured that out, and stopped cutting the ingredients for a salad and walked over to the door. There was to be four more arrivals waiting at the door. She had already set up the small storage barn to house them but only hoped that they could help out considering they were much older than the usual arrivals. At least 20 years older.
Eve was the principle of the prestigious Union Cove Grammar School (UCGS) and that could be the only reason the children that lived with her could go to school. She often worked extra hours for extra pay and returned home tired and stressed but at least the children would care for themselves on those nights. They took it in turns who cooked dinner and who cleaned up and if they needed help with their homework, would ask eachother.

Eve opened the door and saw four smiling adults looking at her.
“Hello there,” the one with dark tips smiled, “You must be Eve Wreath.”
“Yes, that is me,” Eve replied, “And I sure know who you all are. Now quick come inside. We can talk inside rather than in the freezing outdoors.”
Eve was correct there. It was one of the last days of Autumn and in less than a week, the last day of school. Winter was said to be the coldest Union Cove had ever experienced for the last ten years, perfect for Christmas.

Eve lead the four into her office. Her office was small and the four could barely fit. Eve sat on one side of the desk, besides her computer, while the four sat and stood in front.
“I apologise for not having four chairs but this room is too small for four,” Eve said as she activated the computer with a simple press of a button. “Now I still am not quite sure why you are all here. I don’t usually take in adults...”
“I know I didn’t really explain in the e-mail,” the woman with a scarf said, “but we can explain now. I’m sure you know we don’t need any help. Actually, we’re here to help.”
Eve remained quiet as the man wearing green spoke, “We know you’re poor. Rich enough to own a house, wear clothes and provide food but poor enough to barely pay the bills each week and struggle to pay to go to school.”

“Christmas is coming up,” the beautifully voiced one exclaimed, “and it is quite obvious that the children here will get no presents. While we don’t plan on just buying presents, we plan on doing a few things.”
“Like what? No one really knows what I do here par the UCGS staff and students as well as my friends.”
“We don’t want to reveal it just yet. We’re still deciding ourselves,” the man with dark tips chucked. “But whatever we do, it will be good.”
“We first have to know who lives here. First and Last names.” It was more of a demand that a question that the scar wearer said. Eve already knew she was an interrogator but didn’t think she was that good.”
“There is me, Eve Wreath. We have one boy here named Nicolas Claus. There is also Carol Pine.”
“I have a feeling there is someone else. Who are you neglecting Ms Wreath?”
Holly’s room was next to Eve’s office and she could hear snippets of the conversation but heard the names being called perfectly. She wondered why Eve hadn’t named her. Was it because they would probably never see Holly? Or was there a better explanation?
Eve began to stutter out the final name, “There is also Holly Spirit, but I doubt you’ll ever see her.”

Holly was now lying on her bed against the wall listening like there was nothing else to listen to. Why would Eve say they would never see Holly? Holly definitely wouldn’t see them often but she always was sure to greet new arrivals before totally ignoring them. Holly sat on her bed in wonder. What was Eve doing?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 08:16:39 AM »
Some interesting characters here.Great writing gogo.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

SimBlip

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 09:30:38 AM »
This is a wonderful surprise, Gogo!  :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 03:55:54 PM »
Some interesting characters here.Great writing gogo.

Rachel
Thank you Rachel. I definitely agree that some of these characters are interesting.
This is a wonderful surprise, Gogo!  :)
Thanks SimBlip.

I had planned for another chapter to be up by now but silly me thought that the last week of school meant little to no homework but my Maths teacher likes to give homework for every lesson.  ::) Will try to get one up tonight.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Chapter 2)
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 04:11:15 AM »
Chapter 2 – Introductions
With their meeting over, Eve lead the four adults out of the house and to the garage.
“I know I said barn before,” she muttered as they walked, “but it is really a garage. We used to have a horse but it has been gone for a while now. Since then it has been renovated to become my spare room.”

As Eve opened the door to the garage, the four adults saw a bunk bed, a loft bed and a table for four. There were two doors against one door and to the left of them one door. The doors led into the kitchen, bathroom and actual garage respectively.
“There were meant to be two bunk beds but the shop only had one so one of you will be sleeping a sleeping bag. Hope that’s all right.” Three adults remained silent.
“That is fine Ms Wreath. We will survive.” Kelsey Cashick hoped she was right as she spoke.
“The door to the left enters the actual garage that holds my new car. It is fairly new,” Eve said almost jokingly, “so make sure you don’t ruin it. The left door on the other wall enters the kitchen. It is small and there isn’t a stove but it is in case of a snow day and you’re trapped over here.” The four adults all exchange looks of concern. They had been told that a lot of snow would be falling soon.
“I’ll leave you all to get unpacked. I’ll introduce you to the kids tonight at dinner. Until then, just relax in here.”

Kelsey walked over to where the four would be sleeping and was quick to say, “I bags the bottom bunk!”

That night, dinner was served at about 6. As Carol, Nicolas and Holly were nearly done eating; Eve finally arrived with four adults.
“Now everyone, these four will be staying with us for a while so I hope you make them feel welcome.” As Eve spoke Kelsey felt like she was the new kid at school again.
“You’re the,” Nicolas stuttered, “the Saviours!”

“Can I like have an autograph?” Carol asks excitedly.
“Maybe later. For now let’s get introduced. This is Nicolas Clausa,” Eve points at Nicolas as she speaks,” and this is Carol Pine. Holly Spirit is right there.” Holly sat in her usual spot at the table, away from everyone else, but now that more seats were added she would have to sit next to one of the Saviours.

“Now I am Kelsey Cashick,” Kelsey said,” this is Canary Bald, the one with the screeching and soothing voice. That is Cam Tele, the teleporter, and this is Alec Star.” Each Saviours smiled and waved when they were named.
“With the introductions over, let’s eat!” Eve exclaimed and grabbed a plate of food for each Saviour and herself.
“Is it true that you rescued that lady from falling off the cliff? Is it true that Jack Spareow tried to kill you?” Nicolas asked with such curiosity it was almost creepy.
“Would the Saviours lie? I don’t think so Nic.” Carol smartly said.

As more questions leave Nicolas’ mouth and more yes and no’s leave the Saviours’ mouths, Holly just watches and remains silent all through dinner. That is until Kelsey notices her.
“Holly, how has school been recently?” She had left her seat to go speak with Holly.
“Good.” Holly muttered.
“You know what, go excuse yourself. You look tired. Go to sleep early.” The fact was Holly wasn’t tired but she felt obliged to go to bed. Once in bed she realised why she wanted to sleep, Kelsey was a telepath.

SimBlip

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 09:32:09 AM »
The children know that their special guests are Saviours! That is exciting!
Holly really intrigues me. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Chapter 3)
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 06:01:32 AM »
Chapter 3 – The Paint of Home
After dinner, the Saviours all went to bed (sleeping bag for Alec) and were asleep almost instantly. Kelsey was the first to wake, and she was awoken by the beep of the school bus. She watched from the window as both Carol and Nicolas ran out the front door and to the bus but there was no sign of Holly.

The bus tooted again, waiting for Holly. The bus driver didn’t look irritated by the missing Holly. Kelsey took a look at her and saw that she was used to it. She heard Eve call for Holly. She sounded bored, sick of Holly always being a few minutes late. Kelsey stood by the window and watched with interest what would happen next.

She saw Holly walk out of the front door and she did not look like she just woke up. She looked as if she had been ready an hour ago. Kelsey wondered what she had been doing. She made the decision that she would check out her room after the bus had left.

Once the bus left, Kelsey walked out of the garage and over to the house. Eve was getting all of her books and papers ready for the day. Kelsey saw that she had to return a test paper today when one of the tests fluttered off out of her hand. Kelsey picked it up for Eve.
“Thank you Kelsey. How was your sleep?” Eve asked.
“It was fine, you should ask Alec later. I’m pretty sure I stood on him when I got up,” Kelsey joked and Eve laughed.
“Well I must be off but before I go,” she rummaged through her pocket, “take these keys. There is one for the house and one for the garage. If all of you go out, make sure you lock up.”
“I’m sure no one would want to rob you when the Saviours are leaving with you.”
“It’s not the criminals, it’s the stray animals. They tend to like hanging around the joint.”
“Well I’ll be sure to lock up.” A car tooted.
“I better go, bye.” Eve waved as she ran out the room and into her carpool.

Now that she was alone in the house she walked out of Eve’s office and over to the kitchen. She made herself some cereal to eat and sat alone at the table, thinking.

She finished eating and washed up. She used her mind to see if anyone was awake. Cam was getting up and Canary was in the shower. Alec was half asleep.
With the others Saviours busy, she walked into Holly’s room and saw a few things. A rocking chair, a few candles, a bookcase, a bed and an easel were in her room but it was what was on the easel that made Kelsey wonder.

The painting was of a house. The painting was still being worked on, Kelsey could tell by seeing that part of the canvas was untouched and as white as snow. The house had a red roof and lightly coloured walls. A tree was in front of the house (well, half a tree was) and the windows were black rimmed and showed a blue interior.
The most important part was the painting’s symbolism. For some reason it seemed like the painting was the house that she lived in currently, even though the outdoor walls were much darker and the inside definitely wasn’t blue. Maybe it was how she wanted to change the house. Maybe it was someone else’s house. Maybe it was just a house.

That afternoon, Nicolas and Carol had gone out with Alec and Cam, Canary was organising something for later on in the week and Holly was in her room, presumably painting. Eve was in her office adding Head of School comments onto reports. Kelsey walked in to ask about Holly but Eve had already begun talking.
“This is sooo frustrating!” She muttered to herself, not even noticing Kelsey. “I wish I could just write ‘this student was a pain, all the teachers hated him’ but I can’t.”
“Of course you can’t,” Kelsey gave Eve a surprise.
“I do love my job but this has to be the worst part. So time consuming!”
“Well I’ll leave you in a second but I’d like to have a chat with you.”
“Take a seat. I need a break from this endless report less. I need to work somewhere with less children.”

“Did you know Holly is an excellent artist?” Kelsey asked.
“An excellent artist? That would explain the brilliant marks for Art but how do you know?” Eve was curious.
“After breakfast, I noticed the door in the kitchen, I wanted to see what was on the other side.” This wasn’t a total lie. She did notice a door and want to see what was on the other side, except she knew it was Holly’s bedroom.
“Holly doesn’t look others in her bedroom, it disturbs was tranquillity or something.” Eve said.
“Inside her room was an easel and on that easel, a beautiful painting of a house.”
“An easel? When and how did that get in there?”

“Don’t ask me, but I think if Holly has been painting, maybe you could make an extra dollar from her art. I know I’d pay money for it.”
“But I mustn’t snoop. If she finds out I know about her painting she might not be happy.”
“I can help. I can use my telepathy to calm her down. Besides we can do it after you complete your report writing.”
“Don’t remind me.”

SimBlip

Re: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Chapter 3)
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 09:30:28 PM »
I read this twice. There are so many psychological elements at play.
When kids paint a house, the details can indeed tell a lot about them, and I love the fact you worked that into the story.
Kelsey is probably my favourite saviour. She has a keen sense for diplomacy. Her capacity for empathy, whether it concerns big or small matters, is exemplar. No other person could put telepathic abitlities to better use! :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 01:01:49 AM »
The children know that their special guests are Saviours! That is exciting!
Holly really intrigues me. :)
I read this twice. There are so many psychological elements at play.
When kids paint a house, the details can indeed tell a lot about them, and I love the fact you worked that into the story.
Kelsey is probably my favourite saviour. She has a keen sense for diplomacy. Her capacity for empathy, whether it concerns big or small matters, is exemplar. No other person could put telepathic abitlities to better use! :)

Thank you SimBlip. The Saviours are famous among the SimVerse but Moonlight Falls don't know these Saviours. Kelsey has had the biggest role so far but the next chapter will not have Kelsey as a star but in fact another Saviour. Kelsey is also my favourite.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Chapter 4)
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 04:27:27 AM »
Chapter 4 - Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly
Carol, Nicolas and Holly return home from school the next day and Canary is the only one at home to greet them.
“How was school today?” she smiles. Mixed answers of alright, good, bad and ok were heard. Canary replies with ‘What was the best part?’ or ‘Why didn’t you have a good time?’
After a quick snack, and before Holly can hide in her room, Canary tells the children where everyone is. “Now you probably now Eve has a few meetings tonight to prepare for the end of year.”
“She told us that yesterday,” Carol said, “Apparently there are going to be fireworks!”
“I’m not too sure about that,” Holly replies, “The budget isn’t large enough for a firework display.”
“Fireworks or not, it doesn’t matter right now. The Saviours are all out watching a show but I choose to stay because I have a brilliant idea!” Canary beamed with happiness. She was probably the most out-going and fun loving of the group. “We are going to prepare for the holidays!”
“I went out earlier today and got us a tree,”
“Awesome!”
“And I found some lights and decorations in the garage and bought a few as well,”
“More awesome!!”
“So we have until Eve and the Saviours return home to make this place look Christmasy.”
“When will they be back?” Holly asks.
“The show finishes at 6 but they are going out to dinner afterwards so the Saviours will be back at around 7. Eve has two meetings each running for an hour and a half. Her first meeting starts at 4. It takes her ten minutes to drive home from school.”
“Are you trying to get us to do maths?” Nicolas complains.

“Yes.”
“Eve will be back by 7. That gives us 3 and a half hours to prepare.” Holly calmly says as if she had worked it out before Canary had even spoken.
“Well we better get started!”
Outside there is a bunch of boxes, some with decorations, some with other junk.
“Okay, we will all work together to get the tree inside and then Nic, you and Carol can decorate it.”
“Awesome!” Nicolas and Carol say in unison.

Working together, the children and Canary are able to get the tree inside which allows Holly and Canary to work outside. Canary grabs a chair from the dining room and drags it out into the front. Meanwhile Holly walks to the front to get an idea of what needs to happen.
“We need a ladder,” Holly points out as Canary places down the chair, “How do you plan on getting lights onto the second floor?”
“Don’t worry, I have an idea.” Canary relies.

Holly and Canary then work together to carry the boxes to the front and after moving all the boxes, take a five minute break. After their break, they work together to put up the decorations and leave the lights for last.

As Canary and Holly add the finishing touches to the exterior, Carol and Nicolas look at their work and smile.
“It looks great Nic,” Carol says excitedly.
“I know Carol,” Nic screams, “It is soooo awesome!”
Carol thinks to herself about fishing to have a fish to slap Nicolas around but soon that thought is erased as Canary and Holly walk in.

“It looks amazing!” Canary exclaims. Holly just stares.
“We found some extra decorations,” Carol explains, “and put up a few things around the house.”
“How did you guys go?” Nicolas asks.
“It was tough to get onto the rooves but we did it.”
“How on Earth do you jump that high?” Holly asks Canary.
“Saviour training don’t worry about it,” Canary smiles.
“Can we see it?” Nicolas grins.
“Of course,” Canary replies as Holly walks to her room and Carol and Nicolas walk outside.

That night the Saviours and Eve return at the same time and together stare at the decorations.
“What has Canary been doing?” Alec laughs.
“It looks great,” Eve says, “But I might wonder how she got onto the roof!”

The four soon walk inside and look at the bright tree inside. Eve just stares and smiles. This was to be her best Christmas yet.

SimBlip

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 08:33:26 PM »
Oh, this so heart-warming! All the kiddies working together and Kelsey giving all that little bit of extra attention to Holly.
I'm so pleased Holly got out of her shell and used her wings. And isn't she a smart cookie working out the maths too?
This episode has me smiling all over. It made my day! :)

Offline jasjam

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 03:36:09 AM »
This story is really interesting! I like you made use of Holly and changed the main characters for different chapters. It gives me a better understanding of each of them in your story.

My favorite will still be Kelsey, though.  :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 05:06:22 AM »
Oh, this so heart-warming! All the kiddies working together and Kelsey giving all that little bit of extra attention to Holly.
I'm so pleased Holly got out of her shell and used her wings. And isn't she a smart cookie working out the maths too?
This episode has me smiling all over. It made my day! :)
Thank you! I think you may mean Canary not Kelsey. I'm glad you really enjoyed the chapter.
This story is really interesting! I like you made use of Holly and changed the main characters for different chapters. It gives me a better understanding of each of them in your story.

My favorite will still be Kelsey, though.  :)
Thank you! I try to make this story interesting. Kelsey is probably my favourite too.

I am sorry for the lack of updates but I got a new computer on Friday, spent all day yesterday partying about surviving the end of the world installing Sims and today has been unbearably hot. I hope to have a chapter up before Christmas and finish the story afterwards.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Chapter 5)
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 05:42:12 PM »
Chapter 5 – Festival Fun Part 1
Eve sat at the pier waiting for two teachers to arrive for their meeting. They occasionally had meetings in places away from the school and this was one of those times. She watched the waves of the ocean splash onto the shore and the sun was slowly heading towards the horizon. Winter had arrived but the first snow still hadn’t fallen. Eve preferred it that way. She much preferred the heat.

She stared at her watch. 4:30, the meeting was to have begun five minutes ago. The teachers weren’t usually late. As she waited for one more minute, two teachers calmly walked to her table and sat down.
“Sorry we’re late,” Mrs Bristle, the school’s even organiser and piano teacher, said, “Thea’s car wouldn’t start so we had to catch a taxi.”
“The taxi driver couldn’t drive. We barely made it to the beach and then we had to walk the rest of the way!” Ms Voice, the vice principle and Head of English, excitedly said.
“Well, that’s all fine but we have important matters to discus,” Eve softly spoke, “The Christmas excursion.”
“Yes,” Nicole bowed her head, “The theatre called yesterday saying that we could no longer go there due to one of the projectors breaking.”
“So what are we going to do now?” Thea shouts a bit too loudly.

“I’ve tried to call a few places, like the police station, but most places are too busy now,” Nicole sighed. “I also asked Steven if we could go to the science centre but he told me the science centre was already packed up and ready to close for the holidays.”
The three teachers sat in silence, looking at the sea, for a moment before Eve spoke.
“When will the festival be in town?” Eve asked, an idea forming.
“It’s coming tomorrow, I think. Why?” Thea replied.

“Nicole do you have any blank periods tomorrow?”
“Ahh, yes Eve. I have the two before lunch free.” Nicole replied.
“Perfect. During those two hours, I want you to call the festival organisers, and see if we can organise for the school to go there.”

“Sure, but do the festival organisers do that sort of thing?” Nicole wondered.
“Not sure. You’ll find out tomorrow,” Eve laughs, “Thea, I need you to write up the flyers promoting the festival once Nicole has gotten a date.”
“What date would you like?” Nicole asked.
“Any school day that we don’t already have something organised on is fine.”
“So Eve, what will you be doing?” Thea curiously asked.

“I think I may be able to have a few stars come to the festival as well.”
“You mean celebrities like SimBlip or Matthew Hamming?” Thea gets excited.
“Yes celebrities, but not because of their fantastic writing and commenting skills or their acting mastery.” Eve finished. “You both have your jobs. After school tomorrow I expect you both in my office at 3:45 to further discuss the excursion. Good bye, I have an email to write to an angry parent.”
As Eve leaves and Nicole and Thea say goodbye, Nicole and Thea begin talking about their plans and their guesses of who the celebrities will be but neither of them can guess correctly.

SimBlip

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 06:17:27 PM »
Eeeep! They know me? They think I'm a celeb?  :o I nearly fell of my chair.
Someone else did as well. I got a phone call from Matthew Hamming: "Teachers! I can't believe those 'girls' mentioned you first. Thankfully, I'm seeing my shrink next week."
LOL, Gogo! I feel most flattered. Thank you very much!  :)

Yay! The Famous Four are going to the Festival, aren't they? The kids will just love it! ;D

Offline jasjam

• Nooboo
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2012, 03:08:20 AM »
Festival! I always love festivals!

Can't wait to see everyone there! This is a brilliant idea!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2012, 06:10:46 AM »
Eeeep! They know me? They think I'm a celeb?  :o I nearly fell of my chair.
Someone else did as well. I got a phone call from Matthew Hamming: "Teachers! I can't believe those 'girls' mentioned you first. Thankfully, I'm seeing my shrink next week."
LOL, Gogo! I feel most flattered. Thank you very much!  :)

Yay! The Famous Four are going to the Festival, aren't they? The kids will just love it! ;D
Solaris has told the Sims of Union Cove all about you. How do you think Kalyan could dream of Holly? Matthew needs to know that he is not as much as a celebrity as he was and that is why he was mentioned second. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Festival! I always love festivals!

Can't wait to see everyone there! This is a brilliant idea!
Thank you! I was trying to think of a way to do something like that and that was the best idea I could think of. Not sure how I will get it to work though!  ::)

I wish you all a Merry Christmas!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 12:51:28 AM »
Sorry for the double post but just so everyone knows, I had planned to write and update in the last week, but got lazy. Then I saw UC was updated so I decided to delete my old UC for new UC but the installation didn't work so I have to reinstall old UC. Sorry for the long wait.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Chapter 6)
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 06:49:17 AM »
Chapter 6 - Festival Fun Part 2
At least three buses had to make multiple trips from Union Cove Grammar School to the local Festival Grounds on one of the last days of the school year to carry the large amount of students and teachers. While many students had already left Union Cove for an inland resort in Sunlit Tides, a holiday in Monte Vista or a futuristic time in Lunar Lakes.
Eve Wreath, Holly Spirit, Carol Pine and Nicolas Clausa were among the bunch that made it onto the first bus. Roles had to be taken before the students could run amuck.
Almost instantly after the roles, students were running everywhere. Nicolas was already flying across the half pipe.

Carol had run over to the food register to get herself a nice warm hot chocolate. All the students were allowed to bring money to buy food and drink as no food would be provided. It was the only flaw of the ‘excursion’.

Holly walked, slowly, towards the swing set and just sat there, watching everyone. She shivered slightly against the cold weather. The entire school was forced to wear the warmest clothes they owned but the cold still got in through the jacket.

Eve is talking to a few of the other teachers and watching over the swarm of students ice skating. Even a few teachers have put on ice skates.
Carol finished her hot chocolate as the next bus arrived.  Carol looked over towards the buses and saw Holly, alone on the swing set.

She threw away her cup and walked over to the swing set.
“Hey Holly,” she said as she jumped onto the swing set.
“Hi,” Holly solemnly replied.

“What’s wrong?”
“What do you mean what’s wrong?” Holly asked.
“Well, you don’t look excited to be here. We have the entire day here doing whatever we want.” Carol said as she goes higher into the air.
“If we were at school at least I could learn something.”
“But that would be boooorrrinng!” Carol boomed. “Come with me; let’s go build a snowman or something.”
“I’m fine here.”

“Sorry but you don’t get a choice.” Carol said as she pulled Holly off the swing. “Over there looks like a good spot to build.”
Carol and Holly walk over to the snowy area and together begin to build their snowman.

Once the snowman is finished, Carol and Holly look at their work.
“It looks great!” Carol shouted.
“It isn’t half bad,” Holly replied, getting out of her mood, slowly.
“Let’s build another!”
“Fine,” Holly said as Carol got started again.

As Carol and Holly build their snowman army, Eve calls the ‘celebrities’ who are supposed to be at the festival lot. She is greeted by the answering machine. She leaves a message.
“You guys can come down anytime you want but don’t come at the last minute the children are rea”
Eve looked across and saw Alec, Cam, Canary and Kelsey walking out of Eve’s car. She ends her message.
“You’re a little late.” Eve said as she walked over to the Saviours.
“Traffic.” Alec replied.
“The house is around the corner from here.” Eve questioned what Alec is saying.
“Okay, okay, we sort of lost track of the time.” Alec said.
“Go have fun.” Eve sighed as if she was speaking to her students. The Saviours do all run off though.

Alec and Cam are immediately noticed and everyone is flocking around them. Canary on the other hand in the middle of a pie eating contest against students! Canary didn’t go too badly. Losing to students isn’t that humiliating.

Kelsey managed to walk across to where Holly and Carol are building snowmen without much hassle.
“Is it fun?” she asked.
Carol hadn’t seen her come and gets a fright when Kelsey speaks.  “Ah, it’s great fun.”
“It is quite enjoyable.” Holly replied with a smile.
“I say we go build an igloo. I’ve done it once with Alec and Canary and it was lots of fun and warm inside.” Kelsey said getting the girls excited.
Together they move into a more open area and build an igloo, frozen brick by frozen brick.

It felt like only a minute was spent at the festival grounds to some students, due to all the enjoyment, but it was soon time to leave. Holly, Nic and Carol didn’t have to go on the buses so they were able to rejoice in an extra ten minutes of fun before the Saviours took them home. Although Nicolas had the highlight of the day on his way home, teleporting with Canary and Cam since the car can only fit 5.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 07:17:33 AM »
This update has pointed something out to me. Somehow, I've been mistaking Eve and Holly this whole time!  :o Not entirely sure how I managed that one! This is an amazing story. I rather like the Saviours.

Offline jasjam

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 11:40:53 PM »
It's really interesting! ;D Maybe after this Holly will warm up to the rest! About the flaw of the 'excursion... It's pretty much normal to me. :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 11:27:16 PM »
This update has pointed something out to me. Somehow, I've been mistaking Eve and Holly this whole time!  :o Not entirely sure how I managed that one! This is an amazing story. I rather like the Saviours.
Wait, what! A chapter ago Holly wasn't even mentioned but Eve was mainly in it. Were you confused? Thanks Audren.
It's really interesting! ;D Maybe after this Holly will warm up to the rest! About the flaw of the 'excursion... It's pretty much normal to me. :)
Thanks jasjam. Holly is a strange little child. I'm sure she was the only one who wouldn't have preferred learning!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Chapter 7)
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 11:36:38 PM »
Chapter 7: Holly Spirit
The school holidays had started and the children were already sleeping in and staying up late. It had stopped snowing but the ground was still covered in snow. Kelsey sat in the dining room having her breakfast and watched outside.

Eve was out at the school finishes off some end of year things while Carol, Nicolas and the rest of the Saviours were outside making snowmen, igloos, snow angels, snowballs, everything snow really.

Kelsey bit the last crunchy part of her burnt toast (she had a knack for burning toast) and washed her plate, along with the rest of the dishes. As she washed the dishes, she thought about where Holly was. Using her telepathy she could feel Holly in her bedroom.

Kelsey grabbed a chair and walked to the door into Holly’s room. She tried to turn the door handle but it was locked.
“Holly, open the door,” Kelsey knocked.
“Why?” Holly asked. She was working on a new painting, the same size as the other.
“I want to talk,” Kelsey knocked again.
“Later, at lunch we can talk,” Holly sighed.
“I didn’t want to do this but,” Kelsey closed her eyes and said calmly, “Holly, open the door.”

At first, Holly didn’t know why but instantly she walked to the door and opened it.
“You’re a telepath,” she said as she returned to her painting.
“Yes.” Kelsey replied.
Kelsey dragged the chair into the room and sat it across from the rocking chair. She pointed to the other chair, already in the room.
“Sit, we need to talk.”
Holly did as she was told and soon Kelsey and Holly were sitting opposite eachother.

“Tell me, why are you here?” Kelsey said.
“My parents left me here when I was a baby,” Holly replied holding back tears, “All of my memories have been here.”
“I’ve been here from the start, Eve’s first orphan. I’ve seen children come and go. I remember Angel Wings, my first friend here. In less than a year some parents adopted her.”

Kelsey remained silent as Holly continued.
“There was Faith Lieght, Glory Stocking, Robin Mistle, December Ivy and many more who have come and gone but there has always been me here.”
“No one ever wants me and it’s because I am different. I am a fairy, the only one in Union Cove. I can assume my parents were fairies but now I just know I am the only fairy in Union Cove.”
“The kids at school don’t respect my wings, they make jokes. No one likes me, Holly Spirit the fairy.” Holly is on the verge of crying and Kelsey can see it.
“Holly,” Kelsey said stopping Holly from speaking, “You’re story is wrong. At least a few parts are.”
“I’ve been speaking to Eve,” Kelsey lied. She had really been reading Eve’s mind. “Your father died in a terrible fire. He was a fairy as you said but his wife was not. Eve took you in and started this orphanage. The reason no one had adopted you is that Eve puts them off you. Makes you seem like a terrible child, when really you are not.”

‘It’s because you aren’t an orphan,” She paused. “ Holly, Eve is your mother.”

SimBlip

Re: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Chapter 7)
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2013, 06:31:03 PM »
Wow! Just... awesome!  :D
Oh, and just so you don't think this is a frivolous comment. I did not see that coming at all!!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Chapter 8)
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 05:45:34 AM »
Chapter 8 – Snowballs
“What!” Holly shouted.
“She couldn’t give her daughter up for adoption now could she?” Kelsey answered.
“I mean,” Holly thought of the right words to use, “why do we have different last names then?”
“You don’t believe me?” Kelsey asked.
“No.”
“Your father was Christopher Spirit. He was a fairy, the King of the Fae actually. Eve married him and was going to become a fairy like him but she soon found herself pregnant with you and couldn’t take the elixir while pregnant. Soon after your birth your father died in a battle against rogue witches. There was a huge fire, many fairies died.” Kelsey stopped.
“Eve then moved here and started her orphanage.”
Holly jumped off her chair and walked around, deep in thought. Soon she sat onto the rocking chair and began to rock.

“Since you are a fairy like your father, Eve decided you should keep his last name while she kept her maiden name.” Kelsey said.
Holly stood and shouted, “Leave!”
“But Holly,” Kelsey protested.
“You’re just lying to me! LEAVE!” Holly cried.
“Holly,” Kelsey activated her telepathy. “I am telling the truth.”
“Why wouldn’t she tell me?!” Holly said, realising the truth.
“I don’t know. Ask her when she comes home.”
“But Kelsey, tell me, why did you look through Eve’s mind?” Holly began, “I mean, what made you do it?”
“You always intrigued me Holly. Never interested in anything but learning at school, spend little time talking to others and a great painter.”
“How do you know about my paintings? No one is ever allowed in my room.”

“I snuck in when you were at school.” Kelsey confessed as Holly stared.
“I started painting when Carol first came in a few years ago. I found a few pieces of wood in the boxes outside and built an easel. I found a canvas, paints and a paintbrush in the boxes too and after cleaning them up, started to paint. I have probably painted at least 100 paintings.”
“Where are they all!?” Kelsey said surprised.
“I only have one canvas. I clean it after each painting and reuse it.” Holly replied, returning to her painting. “You can go now; I have said and heard enough.”
Kelsey got up and grabbed her chair by the top and opened the door, she brought the chair back to the dining table.

“Kels,” Alec panted walking through the back door, “Come outside we want to show you something.”
Kelsey followed Alec and saw an igloo an a few snowmen.
“Is this it?” Kelsey asked.

“No this is!” Alec shouted as he threw a snowball at Kelsey.
In a few seconds, snowballs were being thrown all over the place; Carol threw at Cam who threw at Alec who threw at Kelsey who threw at Nicolas who threw at Canary who threw at Carol. A snowman or two were knocked in the process and used as barricades. The igloo became an important place to hide.

Meanwhile, Holly thought about what Kelsey had said as she painted. She didn’t know what to think but the constant shouts made it much harder to concentrate.

She stopped and threw her painting gear onto the easel. She threw on her outwear and ran outside. She was unnoticed by everyone and threw a snowball straight into Cam’s face.
“Oww.” Cam said as he stumbled back.

The group of seven continued to throw snowballs, make barricades, build igloos, fall over and have fun for the next few hours and only stopped at dinner. When Eve had returned home, they all continued and no one noticed her watching through the window.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Chapter 9)
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 02:14:06 AM »
Chapter 9 – Christmas in Paradise
It was Christmas morning, about 7 o’clock. All were asleep in the Wreath household. Eve was awake until late last night, hiding a few presents beneath the tree. It was nothing much. There were always a few presents each year under the tree, no matter what.

The Saviours waited until Eve had placed her presents for the kids beneath the tree before they went in with a large sack of gifts. Together they moved around the furniture in the study and arranged the presents in there. Meanwhile, Holly wriggled in bed, slightly disturbed by the noise in the room next door.

The Saviours then returned to their room and grabbed their packed bags. Alec returned to the house and put a note against Eve’s door to say the Saviours had left. Canary had called a taxi and off they went, back to their home town of Sunset Valley.

As the taxi arrived, it honked its horn and Carol heard it in her dream.

And at a little past 7 o’clock Nicolas woke up and sat on his bed.

He quickly climbed down the ladder and shook Carol.
“Carol wake up!” He shouted, “It’s Christmas!”
Carol rolled and was soon on the side of her bed rubbing her eyes.
“Merry Christmas Nic,” she said, “You wake up Holly, I’ll wake up Eve.”
Ever since he arrived Nicolas was always the first to wake up. He had a job as chief of waking others up.
Both he and Carol ran down stairs and saw the small pile of presents beneath the tree. Nicolas turned left at the tree and Carol ran through the door on the right.

“Eve, it is Christmas!” she shook Eve about.
Eve slowly woke up, “Merry Christmas Carol.”
“Merry Christmas, Eve!” Carol boomed, “Come on, let’s go open presents.”
Nicolas and Holly were already around the tree sitting on some of the dining chairs.

Eve said down and the four exchanged the same two words to each other, “Merry Christmas”.
“Who wants to open their presents first?” Eve said grabbing a present. It was for Nicolas. Eve handed it to Nicolas and he savaged through the wrapping paper.
“It’s a,” Nicolas took the last wrapping paper off, “video game system!”

Eve grabbed the next present and handed it to Carol, “Your turn,” she smiled.
Carol ripped open the wrapping and screamed, “It’s a new laptop!”

Eve bought the best laptop she could afford and it wasn’t too bad. The video game system was also one of the cheapest but that was because of the joint present. Eve picked up a third gift and handed it to Holly.
Eve didn’t even speak before Holly had begun to open the box. Inside was a set of the books she was begging for, The Powerless Seven, written by the famous Charles Saforia. All seven books were inside but she quickly pulled out one to check if it was true.

“Thanks Mum.” Holly said. Normally both Nicolas and Carol would have been confused but both were busy bringing in a gift for Eve. But before Eve could give it to them she grabbed the final gift, a large one.
“The last gift,” she said, “I think I’ll open it. It has all our names on it.”
She peeled off the wrapping and revealed a new TV. The only TV in the house.

“Oh my gosh!” Holly screamed.
“I can play my game on that!” Nicolas shouted.
“Let’s give Eve her present now.” Carol excitedly said, “We put the money we had together and bought you this Eve.”
Carol handed Eve the present and Eve quickly unwrapped it.
“I wonder what it is?” Eve said. In a less than a minute she had unwrapped a shoe rack and four pairs of shoes

“Thanks guys,” she said, giving each child a hug. “Now who wants breakfast?”
“Me!” The three children screamed.
“I’ll just go check something on my computer and then I’ll come and make my famous Christmas pancakes.” Eve got up and noticed a note on her door. It was only then she noticed the Saviours weren’t there. It read:
Dear Eve,
Thank you for having us at your house. We had a lovely time. We have returned to Sunset Valley to celebrate Christmas with our families but have left something in your study.
Thanks,
The Saviours.
Eve held the note in her hand and walked into the study. She was greeted by a ton of presents, all unwrapped but with tags.

“Kids, get in here.” She screamed pretending to be angry.
“It was Carol,” Nicolas said, “I didn’t do anything.”
“Hey!” Carol angrily replied.
They walked into the study and their jaws fell when they saw the amount of presents.
“Are they,” Holly started.
“for us?” Carol finished.
“I think so,” Eve said.

The four spent the next few hours tunnelling through the masses the presents. A bike for Nicolas, a doll house for Carol, new chairs for Eve’s study was just a few of the presents but the best present could be the extra canvases and paints for Holly.
And so, a household that normally had a small Christmas with little presents, ended up with a Christmas filled with joy and happiness and most importantly presents love.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Complete)
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 09:28:33 PM »
Thank You

I would first like to thank everyone for reading this story. I have enjoyed writing and would’ve finished closer to Christmas, like I had wanted to, if my Sims didn’t keep crashing. Thank you to everyone who commented. It helped to keep me going.

I’d like to thank all of the Union Cove team for creating this great town. Special thanks go to Naga and ratchie for their Sims and to Anushka for creating the lot the orphanage is on.

Things You May Not Have Known

All of the Sims living in the Orphanage and the Sims that Holly named in Chapter 7 are related to Christmas
The house used was originally a starter house and I had expanded it
The Saviours are a part of my other story, Helping Households

Bloopers
While waiting for the weekend to take photos for a chapter, Alec was my first Sim to ever get abducted. Good thing he didn’t return pregnant!

The alien was also looking pretty snazzy with their walking stick.

For the Festival chapter, after the party was over, the children were all doing their homework in the snow.

And so that ends Christmas in Paradise. Hope you all enjoyed. I will now be returning to Helping Households to finish up the first Household there.

SimBlip

Re: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Complete)
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 01:07:42 AM »
Aw! What a beautiful ending.
You captured so much of the Christmas spirit. I loved it when Holly called Eve "Mum".
The Saviours did a good job! So did you!!!  ;D