Author Topic: The Timberkind Legacy - Chapter Two: A Whiff of Work (Updated)  (Read 675 times)

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Cake! Some confections are immortal...
The Timberkind Legacy - Chapter Two: A Whiff of Work (Updated)
« on: December 04, 2012, 12:06:13 PM »
I haven't the time or energy to complete a Dynasty family as of right now. Its extremely time consuming and has always turned into more of a heartbreak than a pleasant playing experience, but that's mostly because of game crashes and inconsistencies in neighborhoods. So, I've gone back to my love of the past and that's the Legacy Challenge created by Pinstar. I'm using the basic rules of no cheating and the like and concentrating on the story as things are unpredictable as can be. There's a family trait in here where all heirs must have the 'Loves the Outdoors' trait.

Timberkind Legacy Family

A clan of eco-friendly beings who love the outdoors and have a fondness for things natural and waters that sparkle...exsist on a plane that we will never know, but their family was dwindling the clan could not grow. So a daughter was sent to the world of the future, to create a new legacy for her clan. This is the story of the Timberkind Legacy.

Family Tree

Founder: Ash 'Nuin' Timberkind - Libra
         Loves the outdoors, Genius, Eco-Friendly, Green Thumb, Angler
         Indie Music, Pancakes, Pink
         Lifetime Wish: Become a Creature-Robot Cross Breeder

The First Generation - Ash 'Nuin':
Chapter One: A New World
Chapter Two: A Whiff of Work

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Timberkind Legacy - Chapter One: New World
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 12:21:59 PM »
Chapter One: New World

Born to a handyman and a sapling of beauty the Timberkind clan thrived on nature's bounty. Daughters were prized and sons were supported but cut off from the world their existence was exported. No technology or machines, just clean water and greens a community was paradise and many did well. A paradise for many who did not mind the smell. Young Ash 'Nuin' was born in the world beyond ours and then sent to an island to live in a new world. Eyes that were hazel and spoke of the leaves, hair that was dark and with crimson streaks...sprinkled with freckles, her cheekbones were high...not pretty but handsome with a defined jawline. She was a genius among her people but asked too many questions, she loved the outdoors and did not wish to shun machines, eco-friendly she lived to avoid waste and with a green thumb being an angler was much to her taste.

Alone on an island, known for pirates and mystery....Ash was given a lot of land and a pocket of money and told...you are the future, plant the seeds of our clan on this despairing island and let the next Timberkind Generations grow from here.

Spacious its true with a wonderful view...but still Ash wondered, what the in the world to do?

A camp, to start...a place to sit and a grill to cook, a sink to wash and a toilet to - take care of other needs. Not elegant but functional and at least she should say...when it was time to sleep she had a place to lay.

Work! That's the ticket, she went to get a job...and met a famous person who made her jaw drop. He signed a piece of paper and sealed it with a kiss and when her name was called...so distracted was she that she almost was missed.

The interview scared her and she always answered yes but the questions were mainly based off of her best guess. Do you know anything of plants and how to make them grow? What do you know about making tiny robots climb up bean stalks and if this would be logical? A genius she was...so a plan she did make. She spent hours in the library studying rakes.

Accomplished she felt as she sat down to her meal...cold cereal with water and yet she would deal.

Tired and uncertain of the choices she made...would she survive? Would she be okay? A tinkling of a bell in a creepy melody...a truck pulled up in front of her lot and it happend to be selling sweets!

A lick of an ice cream was all that it took, to assure this fine Timberkind a positive outlook. As stars twinkled in the background she knew in her heart...that in creating a new legacy she had a brilliant start.

Creators Comments:
Please comment! I had alot of fun creating this founder, I spent alot of time on her features to make them unique, hoping to pass down certain genetic traits like the cheekbones and the like.  This is something new for me, but so far its going very well and she makes me smile. Tune in next time to see more about her work and social life...is there romance in her future?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

Re: The Timberkind Legacy - Chapter One: A New World
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 06:10:23 AM »
Your finder is pretty and unique! I like the rhymes you put in, very cute. :)

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Timberkind Legacy - Chapter One: A New World
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 09:01:30 AM »
Thank you for giving it a look. I am very excited about this all...she definitely makes dressing, hair and makeup a challenge because certain hairstyles make her look skeletal almost and then other hairstyles swallow her face but the uniforms she gets...sometimes she looks like a linebacker so...yes. I love a challenge.

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
The Timberkind Legacy - Chapter Two: A Whiff of Work
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 09:20:48 AM »
Chapter Two: A Whiff of Work

First day of work, for she did get the job and the nerves made her feel as though she had swallowed a log. Nevermind, she did say, its time to get spiffy hoping the bosses would forgive her lack of a shower which made her...smell iffy.

Ash: Clean Hands and Clean Teeth and they won't notice the body odor! Ahh...minty fresh. Nevermind I smell like onions.

A test subject is never a glamorous job in the description they never mention shaving her bald.

Ash: I'm wearing a tunic that looks like a quilt and my pants are way to short, my hair is all gone and the mailman is staring so I shall just be a good sport.

But that afternoon while grilling a link in the park, she had fully regrown her red and black locks.

The neighbors were neighborly, inviting her over, one older man in particularly attempted to be her knight in shining armor.

She'd visit and spend time with the man and his family and friends but he'd get so distracted...much to his party guests' chagrin.

Old Man: Yes see my beautiful dear, this is what we call the Barnacle Bay Bounce, you just sorta shimmy...
Ash: Oooh, I see. Um, do you think we should prepare a small meal
Random Hot Lady: Oh! Nevermind this is your party and you haven't cooked anything and I'm starving!
Old Man: Ignore her, how shimmy shimmy...
Random Hot Lady: Oooohh, if I could hit you with this spoon...
Ash: *strained smile*

Soon a promotion came and she was able to keep her hair, they'd call for advice about growing apples and pears. A pretty pink shirt and a coat that was white...a shower she purchased that very night.

Friends she did have but she made a best friend...in a co-worker named Maurine who'd always to her best to come by in the eve and play a round or two of chess.

Work and socialization was never a bore, but as the days went past she realized there was something more as she devoured happily devoured her freshly burnt smores...would love come to her soon, she was aging fast so she enjoyed her charred marshmellows as she created a plan.

Creators Comments:

Alright, now with a career oriented sim, I did something a bit different I had her focus on making 'friends' and studying to get promotions before even considering looking for 'love'. This is different for me because I usually have my founders on the prowl as soon as possible but she went almost a week here without flirting or moving in that direction. Then of course I noticed it had been a week and realized I was losing precious nooboo making time so...next chapter! Perhaps she'll find her Romeo.

anything