Author Topic: Al Fresco Street Market Venue  (Read 15877 times)

Offline ombradellarosa

• You can call me Rosa :)
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Follow Brooke on The Mole!
Re: Al Fresco Street Market Venue
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2013, 12:56:13 AM »
Tending the stand is an option, yes. But if the cart is on a community lot you can just consign your stuff and when people walk through the lot and look at the carts they can buy your stuff, and you get a notification just like the Consignment Store, except it's ongoing rather than just at 17:00 every day.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By intl_incident                                                      By samoht04

Chuckles_82

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2013, 05:33:27 AM »
Something new I discovered digging through the code for this venue, self employed gardeners get a 25% discount from the produce stand. There's some more information in there, but I've yet to decipher it all.

Edit: If you have the haggler LTR and join the gardener career, the price of the books goes down significantly. They are already very cheap compared to store prices. Given that there are 3 or 4 different books, and 10 of each, there's a hefty profit to be made. My 5 star sim, who also happened to get some celebrity discounts made about 75K just by buying all the books from the stands. It's an infinite money mine!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2013, 09:43:24 AM »
Has anyone had any luck with consigning through this lot?  I have found that even when my Sim "tends the stand" for hours, there never seem to be any other Sims in the lot at all.  When I just leave the produce for consignment, it'll go weeks without selling a single item and I generally just go back to reclaim everything and move it to the consignment store or the grocer's.

Offline ombradellarosa

• You can call me Rosa :)
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Follow Brooke on The Mole!
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2013, 11:56:01 AM »
I've had Sims buy things from the lot but I've never tended a stand, just someone will come look at it and then I'll get a notification that I sold x amount of y. I haven't tried making it a full place to consign things, mainly I use it as a source to get things to plant or cook with.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By intl_incident                                                      By samoht04

Chuckles_82

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2013, 04:07:11 PM »
If it relies on sims buying from the stand, then the problem is likely with the lot - I never see sims there unless I send my sim there, and even then, not many. You could try placing the stall on a more popular lot, or adding different objects to the lot to attract more sims.

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 05:09:50 AM »
You can put a consign or a food cash register or something else to force sims to come and buy something on this lot.

anything