Author Topic: Al Fresco Street Market Venue  (Read 23019 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Al Fresco Street Market Venue
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 04:58:55 PM »
Personally, I found it to be a waste of money. Sorry to see I was roped in to their advertisement! But, at least I got the lemonade stand and lemons. They make you pay a lot for 1 or 2 items you are interested in.

The lot itself is kind of boring but the fruit and veggie cart is worth it to me, as I play a lot of gardeners and don't like having to travel to get all the WA fruits. I haven't used the lemonade stand but I like the idea. And I get very excited every time we get a new harvestable so the Lemon and Eggplant are very exciting for me! If you play gardeners a lot, I think you will like it.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 05:07:00 PM »
The lot itself is kind of boring but the fruit and veggie cart is worth it to me, as I play a lot of gardeners and don't like having to travel to get all the WA fruits. I haven't used the lemonade stand but I like the idea. And I get very excited every time we get a new harvestable so the Lemon and Eggplant are very exciting for me! If you play gardeners a lot, I think you will like it.

That's interesting!  I like it for exactly the opposite reason - I don't like playing gardeners, especially since that harvesting bug hit my game and the Sims keep stopping after harvesting just one item.  I love that they can go to the market and just buy life fruit and some of the other good things that are never available at the grocery store.  For me, it's a lot less hassle than the planting-weeding-harvesting routine.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2012, 05:09:50 PM »
That's interesting!  I like it for exactly the opposite reason - I don't like playing gardeners, especially since that harvesting bug hit my game and the Sims keep stopping after harvesting just one item.  I love that they can go to the market and just buy life fruit and some of the other good things that are never available at the grocery store.  For me, it's a lot less hassle than the planting-weeding-harvesting routine.

That actually makes a lot of sense, I didn't think of it that way. It's true though--this saves you the trouble of a gardener. You can even put a cart on your own lot and buy things off it whenever you want.

By samoht04

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2012, 05:30:00 PM »
That actually makes a lot of sense, I didn't think of it that way. It's true though--this saves you the trouble of a gardener. You can even put a cart on your own lot and buy things off it whenever you want.

They can buy off the cart on their own lot?  Better and better!

My Sims may never garden again!  :D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 11:12:41 PM »
How do self employed gardeners use this item to sell their own produce?

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 11:13:25 PM »
You can click on one of the produce stands and say tend stand like you do for the kids baking table.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 11:23:53 PM »
When I do that nothing really seems to happen, my sim just stands there. Does it work only on a community lot?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 11:49:14 PM »
I think you have to wait for people to come buy from you just like the kids at the baking stand.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 12:11:36 AM »
Ok. I'm not the most patient ever  ;D
I have never used the baking stand either. I assume the lemonade stand is very similar. Thanks!

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2013, 12:50:51 AM »
If it's anything like the bakers stand (from my experience) I would get next to no sales...

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2013, 12:56:13 AM »
Tending the stand is an option, yes. But if the cart is on a community lot you can just consign your stuff and when people walk through the lot and look at the carts they can buy your stuff, and you get a notification just like the Consignment Store, except it's ongoing rather than just at 17:00 every day.

By samoht04

Chuckles_82

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2013, 05:33:27 AM »
Something new I discovered digging through the code for this venue, self employed gardeners get a 25% discount from the produce stand. There's some more information in there, but I've yet to decipher it all.

Edit: If you have the haggler LTR and join the gardener career, the price of the books goes down significantly. They are already very cheap compared to store prices. Given that there are 3 or 4 different books, and 10 of each, there's a hefty profit to be made. My 5 star sim, who also happened to get some celebrity discounts made about 75K just by buying all the books from the stands. It's an infinite money mine!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2013, 09:43:24 AM »
Has anyone had any luck with consigning through this lot?  I have found that even when my Sim "tends the stand" for hours, there never seem to be any other Sims in the lot at all.  When I just leave the produce for consignment, it'll go weeks without selling a single item and I generally just go back to reclaim everything and move it to the consignment store or the grocer's.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2013, 11:56:01 AM »
I've had Sims buy things from the lot but I've never tended a stand, just someone will come look at it and then I'll get a notification that I sold x amount of y. I haven't tried making it a full place to consign things, mainly I use it as a source to get things to plant or cook with.

By samoht04

Chuckles_82

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2013, 04:07:11 PM »
If it relies on sims buying from the stand, then the problem is likely with the lot - I never see sims there unless I send my sim there, and even then, not many. You could try placing the stall on a more popular lot, or adding different objects to the lot to attract more sims.