Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 288223 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Willful Child
« Reply #270 on: January 22, 2013, 06:59:37 PM »
We had Eureka's birthday celebration early on Tuesday morning. 

She insisted on lots of black clothes and to have her hair with no flowers or ribbons or anything!  She's still a very pretty little girl, but I can't understand her taste. 

Here's her formal wear, which she insists she'll never use

Sleepwear:

Somewhat alarmed swimwear:

And what I consider quite masculine outerwear. 

She doesn't seem to like her toys very much anymore, except for the blocks table.  She begged and begged for something called a "Workman's bench."  I said, "whatabout a nice, erm, black gumball machine?"  And she said "No, the bench.  Please, Eden."

Yes, she calls me Eden and not Mommy.  Same for Eunice, Freddie, and Mom.  They all get to be first names to Eureka.  It stresses Granny out quite a bit, so she still gets to be Granny.  She's the only one.  Mona Lisa finds it both charming and amusing and quite enjoys spending time with Eureka.

I enjoy what Eunice calls "fatty food therapy" to cope with my alien daughter.

Mom was all like, "Oh, no Eden!  Now it'll never leave.  It's like feeding a stray cat.  That truck will be a permanent fixture here now!"

And I was all like, "Good!" and I stuck my tongue out.

"You're worse than Eureka!"

Probably.  Eureka isn't a bad child, she doesn't misbehave or destruct.  She's just ... very no nonsense.  "Eden," she said yesterday morning.  "It's really a waste of money how we keep calling repairmen.  When I'm a teen, I want to upgrade all of our plumbing."

I said, "Okay.  Want to play dolls, princess?"

And she said, "I don't see how that will improve my handiness."

I might have cried a little, but Eunice took me on a nice date to cheer me up.

Eunice and Eureka are still thick as thieves.  They had a lot of fun at the festival on Leisure Day.

We took a family photo and Eunice even got a commission while we were there.

One of her best clients has turned out to be Freddie's vampire girlfriend, Silvia.  She really likes Eureka's sketches and interior ideas.  She also likes dressing like a maid.  Maybe Freddie's getting bored.

Mom became the superintendent of schools and finally got to eat her ambrosia.

She said it felt like spinning and melting and being completely still, like a frozen ice cold statue, all at once.

But I said my congratulations and am very proud of her.  I have accomplished all of my things except for topping my career already and will hopefully eat ambrosia with the others on the same day I become an elder!  My mom's finished museum is very pretty.

And my daughter's is just beginning.

Life and death are funny things.  Freddie will be an old man soon!  Can you imagine?  And Sherlock is such an old man these days.  He's already 60.  We know our time with him is limited, so we try to play and cuddle him lots, but mostly he wants to nap.

Granny tries to get him and Moonglow to bond, but she always ends up stuck in the stable and the Watcher has to reset her.

I started my upgrades on the pub.  Eunice is gonna do some art and curtains for it and repaint the walls, but I've added games and a tv and professional bar.  I hired some bartenders and installed ice cream machines and a chocolate fountain!  Because it's an Eden pub, not a stinky old Worries and Woes pub anymore.

Eureka and Eunice like the claw machines.

I asked Granny what she liked and she said, "whatever that contraption that lets me beat the snot out of gnomes is.  I like that a lot!"  I think Granny needs to get out more.

The Willful Child is a German Fairytale by the Brothers Grimm

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Willful Child
« Reply #271 on: January 22, 2013, 07:00:32 PM »
Immortal 3 - Rosetta Classic

Traits: Neurotic, Genius, Supernatural Fan, Hopeless Romantic, Nurturing
Spouse: Hiram (Schaffer) Classic
Career: Education (maxed)
Skill: Logic (supermaxed)
Other Maxed Skills:
Lifetime Wish: Chess Legend (completed)
6 Unique Black Ops: Presidential Debate, Taking Down Sinclair, Chaperone the Dance, Solving the Celestial Slump, Required Reading, Detention!
6 Unique Best Friends: Hiram Classic, Eden Classic, Freddie Classic, Darnell (Genie), Khang Seng, Ashley Tomlin
3 Unique Lifetime Rewards: Stone Hearted, Fast Learner, Dusty Old Lamp
Property: Rags to Riches Consignment Shop
Building: The Classic Institute of Learning
Portraits: toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult, elder
Sculptures: toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult, elder
Photographs: infant, child, teen, young adult
Immortal at 86 Days

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #272 on: January 22, 2013, 07:07:19 PM »
Congratulations on your 3rd Immortal! I love Eureka's attitude--can't wait for her teenage years!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #273 on: January 22, 2013, 08:25:59 PM »
Yeah, it is very frustrating.  You're lucky you don't have that problem!  I actually was wondering how the Dojos are doing with glitchiness now that you're so far along?  Is it still smooth gameplay?  And thanks.  Eden gives me the best material, haha.

Despite the fact that I spent a large portion of the day resolving a problem that had partly to do with my laptop and partly with the game file (finally got it to work again though!), it hasn't been too bad. Traveling is buggy, so I don't do that. And every once and a while the game freezes for about ten seconds. What I found to be very helpful today is to go into your save file and delete the China/Egypt/France.nhd files. My save had gotten so massive that the laptop couldn't load it, but that resolved the issue because those files get so large. Apparently it works like clearing your cache files.

I absolutely love Eureka's no-nonsense attitude. It's so much the opposite of her mom, which makes for some great banter. Wow, Rosetta ate ambrosia at 86! You must have really been starting to panic. I love Seasons, but I don't love work getting canceled all the time for my teacher when I'm trying to max their career! Eden's pub re-model looks great.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #274 on: January 23, 2013, 01:16:02 AM »
Despite the fact that I spent a large portion of the day resolving a problem that had partly to do with my laptop and partly with the game file (finally got it to work again though!), it hasn't been too bad. Traveling is buggy, so I don't do that. And every once and a while the game freezes for about ten seconds. What I found to be very helpful today is to go into your save file and delete the TravelDB.package file and the China/Egypt/France.nhd files. My save had gotten so massive that the laptop couldn't load it, but that resolved the issue because those files get so large. Apparently it works like clearing your cache files.

I absolutely love Eureka's no-nonsense attitude. It's so much the opposite of her mom, which makes for some great banter. Wow, Rosetta ate ambrosia at 86! You must have really been starting to panic. I love Seasons, but I don't love work getting canceled all the time for my teacher when I'm trying to max their career! Eden's pub re-model looks great.

Wouldn't deleting those packages reset the adventures and everything to do with traveling like vacation houses?

thesweetestpea

« Reply #275 on: January 23, 2013, 02:22:15 AM »
Wouldn't deleting those packages reset the adventures and everything to do with traveling like vacation houses?

Deleting those files causes you to lose the vacation world data. Rhoxi, I think you may need to talk to the challenge team about this - I suspect that it breaks the challenge rules, though I don't think there's been a test case yet.

Tilia, I apologize for hijacking your thread. It's awesome to see such spunk from someone so young as Eureka, tell her to keep it up!

Louise56

« Reply #276 on: January 23, 2013, 07:08:53 AM »
Congrats on your third immortal! Eureka is awesome. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #277 on: January 23, 2013, 01:34:45 PM »
Eureka is definitely a character. She seems to be the complete antithesis of her mother, it's very interesting to watch them interact. I love the pub so much, it's very Eden now. Congratulations to Rosetta!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #278 on: January 23, 2013, 11:07:37 PM »
Congratulations on your 3rd Immortal! I love Eureka's attitude--can't wait for her teenage years!

Coming right up!

Despite the fact that I spent a large portion of the day resolving a problem that had partly to do with my laptop and partly with the game file (finally got it to work again though!), it hasn't been too bad. Traveling is buggy, so I don't do that. And every once and a while the game freezes for about ten seconds. What I found to be very helpful today is to go into your save file and delete the TravelDB.package file and the China/Egypt/France.nhd files. My save had gotten so massive that the laptop couldn't load it, but that resolved the issue because those files get so large. Apparently it works like clearing your cache files.

Oh no, Rhoxi!  I really hope this question didn't oust you from the HoF.  Fingers crossed that they won't penalize you :(  I was a bit concerned about Rosetta, but I don't panic until they've maxed out their life bar.

Congrats on your third immortal! Eureka is awesome. :)

Thanks!  I've really been looking forward to Eureka

Eureka is definitely a character. She seems to be the complete antithesis of her mother, it's very interesting to watch them interact. I love the pub so much, it's very Eden now. Congratulations to Rosetta!

She is.  Poor Eden, she doesn't get her kid at all.  I need to paint the pub to suit Eden's taste a bit more, but I was feeling lazy.  Glad you're liking how it's coming along though.  It is where she wooed Freddie, after all.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Indoor Plumbing
« Reply #279 on: January 23, 2013, 11:35:47 PM »
Eureka's a pretty stupid name, huh?  It means, "I have found it!" and sometimes I wonder if my corny mother shouted it out the day I was born and somehow it legally became my name.  I love Eden, but it wouldn't surprise me if suddenly having a baby was a total surprise to her.  Anyway, I'm Eureka.  Please don't call me Kiki. 

This boy at school did and I had to shove him down before it stuck.  I apologized after and just explained that you gotta nip that kind of thing in the bud.  He understood.  His name is Humberto and he's not a potential dynasty spouse.  This other boy Dom is, but he's too cool to notice me.  I spend a lot of time in my room building my own toys, because the ones Eden picked out don't do anything but lay there like boring plastic.

A few days ago, I was on my way to work, and I passed by Freddie.  He's my dad.  He looked weird and different, but kind of happy about it. 

"You look awful," I said.  "What happened?"

He said, "I got old, kiddo.  Circle of life."

"How come your hair's not white?"

"You want me to pretend it's genes or tell you the truth?"

"For shame, Freddie.  I hope it was organic dye!" Eden yelled from the garden.  Here's his close up as an old man:

He's decided he likes argyle.  This is his formal wear now:

Anyway, I got to thinkin' about dye.  There are pretty endless possibilities there, right?  I mean, I know I'm just a kid and Eden would strangle me, and if not her, then Granny or Eunice, but I think I'd look pretty great with some blue or pink dye in my hair, don't you?  I thought about it a lot while I was digging through the junkyard instead of at ballet.

I saw the box dye stuff at the grocery store, but that looked like you needed another person.  I figured the smartest way would be to rig it up in the shower head and let it do its thing.  Unfortunately, my favorite immortal of them all ended up using the shower before I could finish my experiment.

Man, she knew right away it was me.  "Eureka!" she called.  "Get your eccentric little rear in this bathroom right this second!"

I tried to explain to her about the dye idea, but she was pretty mad that I'd given her pink hair.  Apparently I broke the shower in the process.  Woops.  She told me I'm not allowed to dye my hair at all until I'm a young adult!  Then she grounded me!

Man, life is unfair sometimes.  I really hate giving in to the man.  I did some chores and then begged her not to tell Eden or Granny or Eunice what had happened, and she said okay, as long as I don't go near the dye again until I'm grown.  I got a negative moodlet for selling out, but at least I'm in the clear.

I gave the shower piping a little bit of a loosening as punishment.  Sure, it's an inanimate object, but it betrayed me!

Mona Lisa forgave me though.  She didn't even suspect it was me that broke the shower as revenge.  We do my homework together if Freddie is out with Moonglow.  Mona Lisa is the coolest.  I heard a rumor that she left a guy at the altar and then later moved him into the house!  I need more on that story.

"Eureka, darling, you are related to both the man I left at the altar and the one I left him for."

"How's that then?"

"Long story, dear.  Oh, look, your mother is aging up."

After rigorous finger crossing and possibly a cash bet, I was relieved to find out that Eunice did not suffer from Eden's midlife crisis panic attack.  Eunice has a good head on her shoulders.  She's already at level 8 of the architect career. 

She had a really awkward assignment that day, actually.  She had been hired to create a room for newly weds, but when she got there the client ... well ... see for yourself.

She handled it like a champ, I hear. 

Anyway, it's my birthday!  Can't believe I didn't mention that.  Eden, though usually totally oblivious to the general functions of the world, threw me a surprise party!  While I was on my way home from school, a bunch of kids were gathering at the house, some of them already teens (like that boy Dom I mentioned.  That's him with the kickin' cornrows), and some are still kids, like that idiot who called me Kiki (he's in the buckskin).  The girl with the mohawk is really cool too.  Sometimes she's in my field trip groups.

I was really surprised and happy.  Good job, Eden!  You really are a good mom, even if you're only sort of there upstairs.

Can't fault her enthusiasm either.  She really is proud of me!

It was probably one of the funnest days of my life so far!  I couldn't keep the smile off my face.

The sparkles did their thing ...

And I aged up a bit of a disaster.

I immediately hid the cake in my inventory before my traits rolled so no one could eat it without me.  I became a night owl and hiked to the mirror and dresser at lightning speed so I could change before cake time.  Anyway, I promised no dye to Mona Lisa, but she didn't say anything about make up.

I didn't go too crazy anyway, right?  Here's my every day wear:

Formal:

Swim:

Sleep:

And cold weather:

A lot of the guests took off before I finished doing my thing, but the other immortals stuck around to share cake with me before bed.  Granny retired early, but while I sat there joking around with the rest of the immortals, I realized that I had a long life ahead of me with these ladies.  I wonder how long they're going to be in charge of me ...

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Indoor Plumbing
« Reply #280 on: January 23, 2013, 11:43:29 PM »
Freddie really reminds me of one of my high school math teachers. He had a thing for green argyle and had long hair. Though, thank god it wasn't pink. Just a random observation. :P

I like Eureka's sense of style. Nothing says "I'm an inventor" like eccentric tastes.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #281 on: January 23, 2013, 11:58:25 PM »
I do like Eureka's voice. Her rebellious nature most definitely shines through. She ought to be fun to watch. :)

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
Re: Indoor Plumbing
« Reply #282 on: January 24, 2013, 12:36:12 AM »
DEM TEETH!  :o

And as a woman who used to have a fauxhawk at 14 (long story short, my hair grew out that way), that mohawk on the girl at the birthday party makes me cringe. It's not so much a mohawk as it is a patch of overgrown grass on her head. It just . . . it just . . . *sobs*

I also love Eureka's characterization, and how you worked hair dye into the story. That was really clever.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline forever_mone

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #283 on: January 24, 2013, 01:05:45 AM »
Wow, Eureka is gorgeous! I really love her teen hair. It really fits her.

Congrats on your 3rd immortal! You're moving right along.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #284 on: January 24, 2013, 01:52:35 AM »
Eureka is perfect. I love her. Even though she's not Eden. I didn't know I would be able to do that. I laughed all the way through this update. They have a saying about writers, you know. Something about a lot of voices in their head. I think that must apply to you, because completely different people keep coming out of there. Did I mention I adore Eureka?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04