Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 288329 times)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - American Gothic
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2012, 04:30:51 PM »
Oh my, the tension! I have to say I kind of feel bad for Goopy. Mona didn't even give him another chance...

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2012, 04:49:10 PM »
Awwe, and he's even painting her Young Adut portrait at the end~
Moopy! Moopy!

Ophett! Ophett!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2012, 05:34:15 PM »
Oh, the drama is killing me!
Come on, Goopy! Just tell Mona you love her, you big sack of jello! Be a man! BE A WARRIOR OF LOVE!
Eeeep . . . I'm going to listen to love/rock music now.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

SimBlip

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2012, 06:52:11 PM »
... my first choice doesn't even realize I'm an option ...
A throat-constricting line followed by such a breathtaking picture can only result in asphyxiation or tears.
I prefer tears... *a re-read and several kleenex tissues later*... but I can't cry forever.
So please...*presents imaginary music box* ...

Please, listen to this (just skip the ad)... before it's too late? Mona Lisa

*Sniff*  :-[

P.S. I love your first masterpiece!

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2012, 07:16:24 PM »
Oh, please tell me that was just a convenient screenshot of Mona Lisa and Emmett, please?!?  As someone born into a dynasty house, Goopy deserves his happily-ever-after and after this update I'm totally leaning towards Team Moopy, even if I can't blame Mona Lisa for her actions. :)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Kiss
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2012, 07:26:19 PM »
My wedding day started out in the most promising possible way.  As the sun rose, my mother was fighting back tears as she looked over her final ice sculpture, knowing her museum exhibit would be completed today.

Well, kind of completed.  I think maybe Uncle Ed is going a little blind and I'm unhappy with Mom's elder portrait, so I'm going to redo it myself. 

My section is also shaping up nicely.  It's so strange to look at littler versions of me.  It's hard to accept that I really was just a little girl like that once upon a time and tonight I'll go to sleep a married woman.  I hung my valedictorian ribbon and my most artistic award with my diploma.

I woke up to a bit of an unsettling sight.  Ophelia was staring at me from the chair, waiting for me to wake up.

"I need to talk to you," she said.

For some reason, that phrase just puts rocks in my stomach, so I stood up and gave her a bit of a nod, dreading some sort of trouble.

"Darling," she said, "you know I love you lots.  Today is your wedding day, and if this is what you want, I will support you absolutely.  But, Mona Lisa, everyone knows you're in love with Goopy and that he's in love with you.  So, why are you marrying someone else?"

I balked at her.  Like I've mentioned, this subject is the one thing Ophelia and I have never discussed.

"But, you love Goopy.  You're always flirting and carrying on with him!"

She blinked at me in disbelief.  After a pause, she laughed in a short, sad kind of way.  "You think I could flirt like that with someone I actually liked?  Come on, Mona, think about it.  You know me better than that.  If I'd been able to flirt like that with Emmett, he'd ... well, that's not important."

"Oh, God, oh, God," I muttered, putting my hands in my face.

"Hey, come here, shh" she said, reaching around my waist and pulling me close.  "Listen.  You're young.  You're still figuring it out.  I know you weren't trying to hurt me.  It'll be okay."

Will it, though?.  My wedding guests are filing into the house downstairs and she tells me that Goopy, my Goopy, is in love with me?!  Great timing!  Oh, God, what will I do?

I got dressed in a numb haze, and when I heard him knocking about in his bedroom, I just sort of walked in there all on my own.

"You know I love you, right?" I said, staring right through him.

"Aw, I love you too, sweetie," he said, his eyes full of sincerity.  "You look beautiful."

"No, I mean ... I ... oh, forget it.  You are wonderful, Goopy.  You might be the most important person in my life."

"I wish all the happiness in the world for you, Mona Lisa," he said and pulled me into a hug.  I felt the strangest shuddering of his body while he held me, just a little too long, and suddenly, urgently I had to walk away before I started to cry.

I walked downstairs quickly, scanning the room for Emmett.  He needed to marry me fast before I changed my mind.  The first thing I saw was Ophelia, true to form, flirting it up with a man I knew for a fact she had no interest in.  How could I have been so unforgivably blind?

I spotted Emmett near the door and straightened up, resolving myself to see this thing done.  "I'm ready," I said, and began walking toward him.  "Let's get married."

In the flash of an eye, a warm, strong hand had wrapped around my wrist and I was spun on my heel, suddenly encircled by a warm, strong pair of arms.  And oh, there were fireworks.

My brain was on fire, sparks firing off like crazy.

"I can't let you do this," Goopy said breathlessly.  "I love you too.  Please don't, Mona.  Please."

My head was spinning.  I couldn't process it.  I slid my hands around his face and looked at him hard in the eyes, trying to figure out if this was real or not.  "I won't," I managed in barely a whisper, my voice choked and raspy.  "I won't do it."

It was then that I realized how completely silent the entire room had gone.  And then I heard the door slap open and Emmett was rushing out.  He'd seen everything.

I realized in that moment that I had become a horrible person.  I'd hurt everyone I loved in my pig-headed pursuit of some happiness or revenge or whatever it was I was after. 

Emmett and I met at prom.  I had a good feeling that he'd be going to the school, so I had Ophelia drive me there.

"Emmett." 

"Mona Lisa."

"I am so sorry.  I am so, so sorry."

"Do you love him?"

"Yes."

"Oh."

I could tell he was on the verge of tears.  And it made me feel just awful. 

"Please, Emmett.  I know it's selfish to ask.  Can you ever forgive me?  Please.  I ... I was so unaware.  I'm so sorry."

"I forgive you, Mona Lisa.  I hope you're happy.  With him."

I could tell at this point I was dismissed.  Maybe we'd be friends one day down the road, but today was not that day.  I motioned to Ophelia that I'd rather walk home than ride back and began my trek.  I think she may have gotten out of the car to talk to Emmett.  Maybe she offered him some perspective.  I don't know.

When I got home and hung my outerwear up, I saw that Goopy hadn't moved.  He was waiting for me.  He couldn't contain his smile, and through my guilt, somehow, maybe horribly, suddenly I couldn't contain mine either.

"Mona, come here," he said, pulling me over to where we'd shared our kiss.  "Don't change out of your dress.  I have an idea."

"What idea?" I asked.

"Am I about to wake up and realize that this has all been some elaborate dream?" I laughed, looking at the ring sparkling on my finger.  "This is unreal, truly."

"Everyone's asleep," he said.  "The first snow of the year is falling.  I want you to be my wife.  We've been dancing around each other for years.  I can't wait another second."

He grabbed my hand and we ran, laughing, out into the snow, without our coats, without our boots, and stood near the bright greenhouse he'd helped design as a child.  It was there that we exchanged our vows.

Could it really be just this morning that I told him I loved him?  Could it be that I went to sleep last night planning to marry anyone else?

When it was done.  When he was mine and I was his, like it was always supposed to be, I found myself flying through the air as he scooped me into his arms.

I did go to sleep that night a married woman.  I was right, I got married that day no matter what.  It's funny how no matter how right you may be about something, the details will always catch you by surprise.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2012, 07:29:51 PM »
I am so mad at Mona right now! I really hope she figures out things before she goes and makes a big mistake! She's clearly in love with Goopy, and it's obvious he cares for her, too. She needs to realise that soon!

Haha, she is a strong headed one, for sure.

... my first choice doesn't even realize I'm an option ...
A throat-constricting line followed by such a breathtaking picture can only result in asphyxiation or tears.
I prefer tears... *a re-read and several kleenex tissues later*... but I can't cry forever.
So please...*presents imaginary music box* ...

Please, listen to this (just skip the ad)... before it's too late? Mona Lisa

*Sniff*  :-[

P.S. I love your first masterpiece!

Oh, I loved that song!  I need to listen to more Nat King Cole.  It played all through while I was writing the most recent chapter!

Oh my, the tension! I have to say I kind of feel bad for Goopy. Mona didn't even give him another chance...

She just required a push is all ...

Awwe, and he's even painting her Young Adut portrait at the end~
Moopy! Moopy!

Ophett! Ophett!

He was indeed.  And it turned out beautifully.

Oh, the drama is killing me!
Come on, Goopy! Just tell Mona you love her, you big sack of jello! Be a man! BE A WARRIOR OF LOVE!
Eeeep . . . I'm going to listen to love/rock music now.

This made me laugh out loud.  Your devotion to the Moopy ship makes me so happy.

Oh, please tell me that was just a convenient screenshot of Mona Lisa and Emmett, please?!?  As someone born into a dynasty house, Goopy deserves his happily-ever-after and after this update I'm totally leaning towards Team Moopy, even if I can't blame Mona Lisa for her actions. :)

Nope, they were most definitely engaged.  And it was awful because I knew how it was going to play out.  Call it method playing, haha.  I did feel horrible for Emmett during the actual break up and cheating stuff, though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Kiss
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2012, 07:47:18 PM »
Yes! MOOPY! Dynasty shippings are fun . . .
I can't help but feel sorry for Emmett (now that it's over), though. Oh, well . . . now Ophelia can go after him! She is a beautiful young lady who just needs a confidence boost!
As always, fantastic update!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

SimBlip

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2012, 08:20:00 PM »
Congratulations to the newly wedded couple!
I'm so glad Ophelia ran after Emmett. She's a most generous girl and deserves happiness too.
This is a beautiful update, Tilia. Erm... correct that: it's exquisite!  ;D

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2012, 09:30:14 PM »
Whew! That was so close!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2012, 11:17:21 PM »
WOOHOO! Yay for Moopy shiping! ;D
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2012, 11:19:19 PM »
That literally made me cry! The truth is revealed and true love is victorious!

Why yes, I do have the hopeless romantic trait. :P

In all seriousness, that was a beautifully written chapter. I absolutely love the sense of emotion that you portrayed here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2012, 01:00:48 AM »
Yes! MOOPY! Dynasty shippings are fun . . .
I can't help but feel sorry for Emmett (now that it's over), though. Oh, well . . . now Ophelia can go after him! She is a beautiful young lady who just needs a confidence boost!
As always, fantastic update!

Ha!  You fickle beast, you.  I felt really bad for Emmett myself while I was playing it.  I'm going to do my best to give him a happy ending (even though I realized he was a babysitter.  Drat.)

Congratulations to the newly wedded couple!
I'm so glad Ophelia ran after Emmett. She's a most generous girl and deserves happiness too.
This is a beautiful update, Tilia. Erm... correct that: it's exquisite!  ;D

That's high praise!  Thank you so much :)  Ophelia really is at her root a generous Sim.  Every action she makes throughout her day is meant to benefit her best friend.  I have some shortcomings about having her settle for being someone's second choice because of that, but I am going let Emmett give it a shot with her.  They did have immediate chemistry as adults (but not as teens.  weird.)

WOOHOO! Yay for Moopy shiping! ;D

I thought "if these two don't end up together, I'm losing 90% of my reader base!"  It is really fun knowing what the readers want though.  It definitely helps me shape the story.

That literally made me cry! The truth is revealed and true love is victorious!

Why yes, I do have the hopeless romantic trait. :P

In all seriousness, that was a beautifully written chapter. I absolutely love the sense of emotion that you portrayed here.

Oh goodness, that is probably the best feedback you could have possibly given.  I feel like my writing skill bar just went up ;)  Thank you so much for reading and I'm so glad that you felt what I did while writing it! 

Independent of the shipping and my master Watcher's plans, Goopy started rolling wishes to kiss Mona Lisa the instant she aged up.  They really were meant to be.

Louise56

« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2012, 03:17:47 AM »
You had me worried for a moment lol!
Congrats to the newlyweds! I don't think Emmett will be heartbroken for long. ;)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Ophelia
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2012, 04:01:32 PM »
Imaginary friends exist in a kind of limbo.  We roam from Sim to Sim until one loves us enough to make us real. 

I have lived my many lives as a kind of a muse to many famous Sim artists.  I inspired a tragic heroine to a playwright, a famous author much like my foster mother, Coralie, and later I brought that inspiration to canvas when I was owned by a painter, moved by the playwright's tragedy. 

I am Ophelia.

When I was placed in Mona Lisa's hands, I knew she was special.  She, like me, was a muse, a work of art.  She was born of the genius of her mother and would become a great painter in her own right.  It was then that I developed the flicker of hope that one day I might be made flesh.  I am Mona Lisa's companion, and she is mine. 

You'll notice all of her chapters are the names of famous paintings, just as all of her mother's are homages to famous text.  One day I'll tell her that I am that Ophelia, and I imagine she'll just love that.

Mona's wedding day was a dramatic affair, as I'm sure she told you.  Coralie was very put out that she didn't get to tell the story from her perspective.  She had already typed it up and named the chapter "Pride and Prejudice."  I'm sure she'll survive the disappointment.  The next morning, Coralie received her sixth and final Black Ops opportunity - a book delivery to Egypt.

Now that Mona was of age, she could travel and finish up that part of her immortal requirements.  Much to my delight, she invited us girls along!

Coralie spent most of her holiday time working on her latest book, "Moopy or Gophelia?"  I think it's hilarious, but Mona is unamused.

Mona Lisa did some tomb raiding.  She gathered some valuable relics, a good deal of copper ore, and managed to max out her photography skill (after picking up a gorgeous high-end camera from the market.)

She didn't make any real effort to max out a visa.  I know her mind was elsewhere.

My mind was elsewhere too.  Someone special back home has a particular love of Falafel, so I made sure I learned how to make it while in Egypt.

Coralie also made best friends with an Egyptian merchant she said she may invite to the house someday soon.  I don't know if they really just got along amazingly well or if she is just trying to fill her best friend requirement.

We got back to Monte Vista fairly well refreshed, due to Coralie's inspired idea to bring this guy along for the trip:

Winter was nearing its end, but that hadn't put a damper on the snow in the least.  As Snowflake Day approached, I found out that my Mona Lisa had given me a special gift.  She'd woken up the first morning back and decided to use one of her precious LTW slots to purchase a Clean Slate.

This was a totally selfless move on Mona's part.  She doesn't need a good reputation, as she's already secured a wonderful husband.  The sole result of this action would mean that Emmett would not only be cured of his heartbreak, he'd forget the relationship entirely.  He'd be a new man.  A new man who loves falafel.

Goopy was so proud of her.  She really is growing up.

I called him and asked if he'd like to go to the winter festival with me.  Perhaps I'm too eager, but when you've lived so many lives unable to participate and then almost blow your chance to do it right in the flesh, it gives you a bit of motivation.

We started to make a snow man, and suddenly he looked up at me over the mound of packed ice and he said, "I really admire how ambitious you are, you know.  I wish I was as skilled and together as you are."

"Thank you, Emmett," I said, blushing.  "I do try."

"You're beautiful too," he mentioned, almost as an afterthought.  "Really beautiful."

I had a sudden flash of something that happened to Papa Camillo the other day.  I had a feeling that in that moment I know just how he felt.

"Hey, do you want to dance?" Emmett said, looking over at me innocently.  My heart swelled, knowing that he couldn't remember the wedding day.  That he didn't hurt for it and that he wasn't rebounding and that it was me, just me, he wanted to dance with.

"I'd love to."

"Aren't you cold?" I asked, looking at his gym shorts.  Most of his skin was exposed to the elements.

"How could I be, standing this close to you?" he asked.

Well, you can imagine my little cloth heart just about exploded.  "Will you come to our home for Snowflake Day tomorrow?" I asked.  "I want you to meet my family."

He said yes!  I floated home on a cloud of disbelief just in time to see Mona being abducted by aliens.  Well, we all have our off nights, I guess.

I made sure to get another ice sculpture in before bed, just to make sure I was on track for when Mona needed her elder sculpture done.  That brings me to 16!

We all have our skills to max, but I often feel quite sorry for Coralie.  (She tells me to call her Mother, but it always feels presumptuous, somehow.)  When she does take the smallest piece of time off from attempting to max her (very challenging) writer's career, I'm sure she cherishes those moments very much.

Just as she had done when Mona was a child, she tore herself away from her work for Snowflake Day.

Emmett and I may or may not have been hiding in the bathroom, but we did eventually join the crowd.

The GilsCarbos (and Goopy, who's now a Classic) bought me a video game console!  Now I just need a tv to go along with it.

And I bought Coralie ... or "Mother" ... an expensive first edition of The Mummy in Love, which I'd picked up in Egypt.  She loved it!

Mona Lisa says Emmett was distracted by just me the whole time.  He didn't even open a gift because of his distraction.

I must admit that I was worried that when he saw Mona again, he'd fall for her straight away, and I'd be second best again, but he hardly looked at her, even when she introduced herself to him.

I think, when spring comes, I may ask him to marry me.  Is that rash?  And if it is, should I care?

Show me the steep and thorny way to heaven,
Whiles, like a puff' d and reckless libertine
Himself the primrose path of dalliance treads,
And reaks not his own rede.

O, Fear Me Not

anything