Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 123350 times)

SimBlip

Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Cake and Ice Cream
« Reply #625 on: April 06, 2013, 06:27:16 PM »
So important, so pretty, so classic... now will she live up to so 'Bubbly'?
Lovely update and great writing as always! :)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #626 on: April 06, 2013, 07:12:38 PM »
<snicker> That mimosa joke was clever. :) Champagne is truly a stunner--exotic like her mother yet a Classic through and through. Good luck with the Supermax!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CaramelCat

• The Queen of Cats
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Meow
« Reply #627 on: April 06, 2013, 07:33:00 PM »
Good luck with the Supermax, I've heard Vizard of Vine is a killer.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #628 on: April 06, 2013, 09:18:00 PM »
She is beautiful!I love so many parts of it, that I don't know which is my favorite :D Your so close! Just 2 immortals and 5 more cakes (or 4 more) !

I know!  The game crashes like every 30 minutes, but I'm so determined to finish at this point, I just keep saving as often as possible and booting the sucker back up!

Whoah, she looks just like Allegra! I kinda want to grab a photo of each to compare side by side. Well, I hope one day we will see Champagne and OJ's little Mimosa! Hehehe, that's just too cute.

They do look a LOT alike.  Luckily, CHampagne's style sensibilities are a little easier on the eyes.

Well, of course, "snob" is the perfect trait for someone going into nectar-making. She has a great wardrobe, too.

She's my little Sim Jackie O.

Until Rhoxi pointed it out, the Mimosa joke went right over my head. I'm so ashamed.

I enjoy Bubbly's voice. Is she Proper? Because she sounds it.

Haha, I put SO much effort into naming that doll only to have it refuse to come to life! 

Such a wonderful story! Where did you get the hairs/clothes/house stuff? Everything  really!!

Everything except Mata's braid (which is cc) is from the Sims 3 store.

OH MAN! This story is great! I stayed up all night reading it. (I really gotta stop doing that) but gosh I couldn't resist!

I'm an all-night reader too ;)  So glad to hear you're enjoying it. 

Make sure her formal is something you won't mind seeing often when she hits young adult then^^

No kidding.  Coralie is proper too, so I wanted the final gen to share something with the first one.  Now I'm wondering if they shouldn't have all been proper as a themed thing.  Oh well.

Oh my flabbergast, SO pretty! She looks like the perfect combination of all the Classic ladies . . . joy. Just, joy.

She's stunning as a YA.  Just wait.

So important, so pretty, so classic... now will she live up to so 'Bubbly'?
Lovely update and great writing as always! :)

Ha.  She probably won't on the traditional front live up to the nickname.  She's more dignified than bubbly, I suppose.

<snicker> That mimosa joke was clever. :) Champagne is truly a stunner--exotic like her mother yet a Classic through and through. Good luck with the Supermax!

Thanks!  I've been having Eden grow grapes like nobody's business.  However, she's also been harvesting them, which from my reading might not be good.  So, Bubbly is going to have to start doing that herself with the harvester and I'll just have to hope she doesn't max out gardening with the latest rapid-skill bug.

Good luck with the Supermax, I've heard Vizard of Vine is a killer.

Working on it!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Hopes and Dreams
« Reply #629 on: April 06, 2013, 09:44:51 PM »
Granny says my teen years flew by faster than any of the others in our family.  Perhaps it's just that there was so much less to juggle for them all and time slipped past without making itself known.

I do have the distinction of being the only Classic to accomplish her LTW (bottomless nectar cellar) while still a teen, so I feel quite good about that!

Grandma Eden has taken to upgrading my nectar makers while I'm in them.  It's a little unsettling.

I am on the honor roll at school.  I enjoy academics well enough, but honestly I like to simply excel wherever I am asked to apply myself.

Secretly, I wished many times over to become a pop star.  Oh, I know what you're thinking.  Champagne, you're simply not "cool."  You have to be "cool" to be a pop star.  But ever since I sang with my virtuoso grandmother at the karaoke bar when I was a child, I've known I'm a natural.  But alas, it isn't to be.

And anyway, I was cool enough to be elected prom queen.  Though the girls at school say it is because I'm regal.  Like a queen.  Not because I'm popular.

My mother has had a bit of a midlife crisis.  In the obsessive working out, however, she did manage to accomplish her supermax.

The grandmothers got into my cellar and overindulged.  Sometimes they're like a gaggle of children rather than grannies.

They have been speculating on the future quite a lot.  What will we do after all is said and done?  Head to the tropics?  To the city?  To the bayou?  There's an endless world of possibility for the second lives the Watcher promised if we accomplish our goal.

Silvia Correa died.  Grandma Eden handled it well enough.  She said Silvia had been there through lifetimes and we'd take care of her as she'd taken care of us.  When the time comes.

Granny had a talking to with Death.  We don't know what was said.

Later, she was visited by another presence.  One she's never met before.  She said it was Life.

They spoke as well.

And now we all feel a little jumpy.  Who else is checking in on us here at the end?

And how can we retain our patience in the final years of our challenge.  It's not much of a challenge for me, obviously, but for some of us ...

Dad worries about Mom's crisis and finally talked her into getting some therapy.  Then let her beat him soundly at horseshoes.

My birthday sneaked up on us.  On most of us.  Eden remembered and had a cake ready.

I sparkled so brightly I shone.  It felt like one of Grandma Eden's sunlight spells.

And then I sprouted up a few inches and morphed into an awful outfit, and Grandma Rosetta cried out, "Oh mercy, she got the Hair!"

So, I decided I would chop it all off.  All the Classic ladies have long hair.  I thought perhaps I'd go against convention.  What do you think?

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Bubbly's YA Wardrobe (Couldn't resist)
« Reply #630 on: April 06, 2013, 10:55:50 PM »
Every Day:

Formal:

Sleepwear:

Nectarwear:

Outerwear:

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
She's beautiful, and to me the hair doesn't work 100% with her face, but that's just me.
(is totally jealous that you have that beautiful formalwear dress)

~Anna

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ombradellarosa

• You can call me Rosa :)
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Follow Brooke on The Mole!
She is totally gorgeous. I want to live in her wardrobe. I think that was a strange way to say that. I don't care. She shouldn't max Gardening if all she does is harvest. If she never learns the skill through books or a class or watering, tending, etc then she won't learn it from harvesting. I think that's nice of the game developers. Congratulations on getting her LTW already! The whole bit with Life and Death was cool, I liked it.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By intl_incident                                                      By samoht04

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
Loving the update 😄

SimBlip

I love the short hair. It draws the attention to her eyes and shows off her beautiful earrings.
Her clothes are all gorgeous.
I very much like the idea of a unicorn symbolizing life. Great update!  :)

Offline ArtisticFantasy

• Soon-to-be Writer
  • Llama Wrangler
She looks exactly like her grandmother!

Online MarianT

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Champagne is beautiful, and I think the "Gatsby" style is perfect for her. I love it that you refer to her swimwear as nectarwear.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
She's beautiful and her outfits give her that great timeless quailty.  Not 'cool', maybe, but smoking hot!
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline shaunta

• Townie
I love Bubbly's hair it fits her and she's right the rest of the Classics have long hair, way to go against tradition with the hair! I know its hard when your game keeps acting crazy like that and  I am so happy you keep going!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
The vision of loveliness! I think she's the perfect way to wrap up the Classic story.

I hope your game stops acting up! I do have a permit to smash it open with a sledgehammer, if that will help  ;)
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
She's beautiful, and to me the hair doesn't work 100% with her face, but that's just me.
(is totally jealous that you have that beautiful formalwear dress)

~Anna

She suits the Ragtime stuff so well.  I like the short hair on her!  I tried a few styles, and that one really did fit.  When I upload her to the Swap shop, you'll have to show me what you think suits her :)

Such a classy lady. Even though I don't think I mind the "hair" on her.

She does exude class.

She is totally gorgeous. I want to live in her wardrobe. I think that was a strange way to say that. I don't care. She shouldn't max Gardening if all she does is harvest. If she never learns the skill through books or a class or watering, tending, etc then she won't learn it from harvesting. I think that's nice of the game developers. Congratulations on getting her LTW already! The whole bit with Life and Death was cool, I liked it.

I know what you mean.  This is the wardrobe I've put together that I actually desperately want to wear, especially her every day dress.  So, I had her use one of Eureka's master harvesters and collect one harvest in Eden's garden.  It skilled her up to level 8!  So ... yeah.  That's no good.

Loving the update 😄

Thanks!

I love the short hair. It draws the attention to her eyes and shows off her beautiful earrings.
Her clothes are all gorgeous.
I very much like the idea of a unicorn symbolizing life. Great update!  :)

I love those earrings on her!

She looks exactly like her grandmother!

She really does.  I should've grabbed a screenshot of her in Allegra's ponytail.

Champagne is beautiful, and I think the "Gatsby" style is perfect for her. I love it that you refer to her swimwear as nectarwear.

Haha, that is what it will be used for!

I love Bubbly's hair it fits her and she's right the rest of the Classics have long hair, way to go against tradition with the hair! I know its hard when your game keeps acting crazy like that and  I am so happy you keep going!

I am determined to finish this thing, crashes be darned.

The vision of loveliness! I think she's the perfect way to wrap up the Classic story.

I hope your game stops acting up! I do have a permit to smash it open with a sledgehammer, if that will help  ;)

That sounds like it could, very possibly, do the opposite of help :p

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Love and Marriage
« Reply #642 on: April 07, 2013, 03:46:15 PM »
I graduated from high school on Love Day.  I was voted most popular and given the distinction of valedictorian.

The grandmas were all very emotional about the final graduation.  Mona Lisa barely held herself together.  Daddy was at work and couldn't make it, but that's okay.  I'm ready to start my adulthood.

I fall silent a lot at family meals, when the topic is lost love, and how close they are to reclaiming it.  I feel somehow left out.  I know my mother feels somewhat left out too, though she has no lack in her life of love.

Granny gave permission (after catching Grandma Allegra looting the urn box) to bring out each spouse (Spouses only, Eden, Granny said.) for one visit prior to The End.  This was greeted with extreme enthusiasm, though only two visits have happened so far.  It seemed to encourage Mom to spend as much time as possible out with Daddy.

And I've locked myself in with my nectar makers.

I did consider meeting a man online, but there was no one appealing there.  No one at all.

There is ... someone.  It's wholly irrational. 

He's the witch I sell my nectar to at the elixir shop.  His name is Braden.

After my third trip, I finally got up the nerve to formally introduce myself.  He seemed taken enough with me.  I'm not a master seductress like my mother, but I do get a good feeling.  Or I did.

He is familiar with my family, even though he's only just moved here.  He asked how my requirements were coming, which is a funny question from someone other than the grandmothers.

And how my mother's are going.

It was a sweet thing to ask.  Very sweet.  Though of course certain things that go on in our home mustn't be shared with the outside public.

Anyway, I fell in love with him over our little chats between nectar transactions.  Then one day, innocently enough, I was fantasizing about running away with him, when the bomb dropped.  "When I moved here with Lynne ..." he says.  "Lynne."  A girlfriend.  So softly I die.  I won't be like my mother after all.  Tragically unmarried but so very in love.

Or like the others.  Waiting patiently for incorporeal visits from their soul mates. 

Then again, I've never lost anyone.  Not really.  Never a father.  Or a mother.

Or a grandparent.  At least not one I knew.

So there's that.  I can always sell my nectar elsewhere.  To a vampiress who loves to gouge me on prices.

That lasted two days.  I can't afford to sell to her, no matter how painful my crush is.  So I went back to the alchemy store.  I confided to Braden that my YA piece was done and sneaked him a photo of it.

And just like that, everything was back to normal.  He told me I looked radiant.  It's no mystery why I thought he was single.

So, I mulled this over.  I thought about my parents.  About my mother's tenacity in pursuing my father, even though they were just teens.  About Mona Lisa's near miss marrying the wrong man.

So I just told him the truth.  I was in love with him.

He took me in his arms in a moment of passion, and then just short of the kiss ...

He touched my cheek gently and said, "I can't.  I'm with someone.  I ... can't."

So I smiled sadly and left him there with a crate of perfect quality watermelon and lime nectar at his feet.

We haven't spoken much since.  I come in, I drop off my nectar, I take my money, rinse, and repeat.  Then, recently, this happened.

I don't know what this means.  Has his girlfriend passed away?  Or dumped him?  And do I really want to be someone's second choice? 

Maybe I should ask one of the ghosts.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Love and Marriage
« Reply #643 on: April 07, 2013, 04:06:39 PM »
Move in while the girlfriend's dead, Champagne! Perhaps you should respect the man's grief, but help comfort him in his time of need. It's so nice to see Eunice around again!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline CaramelCat

• The Queen of Cats
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Meow
« Reply #644 on: April 07, 2013, 04:12:40 PM »
I don't think Lynne is dead, because wouldn't she show up as a ghost in the thought bubble/ speech bubble?

SimBlip

« Reply #645 on: April 07, 2013, 04:18:44 PM »
I love this chapter! Champagne's thoughts are so interesting and engaging. She is a lady, for sure, and a very thoughtful one at that. I've read quite a few Immortal Dynasties, but 'Bubbly' puts quite a different spin on the 'last generation'.
The philosophy running through this - and most - of your chapters is riveting. Such a great update yet again! :)

Offline ombradellarosa

• You can call me Rosa :)
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Follow Brooke on The Mole!
« Reply #646 on: April 07, 2013, 04:40:05 PM »
It's so nice to see Eunice around again!

Yes, and Humbug too!

I don't think Lynne is dead, because wouldn't she show up as a ghost in the thought bubble/ speech bubble?

Maybe. I'm not sure it's consistent. After all, it's sometimes a covered dish!

Graduating on Love Day, how perfect for her. She does look very Allegra-like. Braden is really handsome! I think she should pursue him, they seem like a good match. Never mind being a second choice. That's all nonsense. He showed both that he liked her and that he was unwilling to cheat on his girlfriend before. That's all I need. Go for it! I really like how Percy and Mata match in colours, blue and yellow. I think all the couples in this dynasty have been so perfect. Where does her nectarwear come from? It's adorable! And I really like the whole family dynamic of this dynasty.

She really shouldn't have gained gardening skill if all she ever did was harvest. Did she ever water or weed anything? Have you tried to see if grapes harvested by someone else work? I think they just need to be home grown, not harvested by the nectar maker.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By intl_incident                                                      By samoht04

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #647 on: April 07, 2013, 05:31:19 PM »

I love Champagne's outfits, and I don't even like pink! She was a gorgeous teen, and an even more gorgeous young adult.

Keep in mind that if you can't get Vizard of the Vine to pop, the Immortal Dynasty rules say that it's a known bug, to do a self-count, and give yourself credit anyway.

Quoting: "the Nectar Making Vizard of Vine challenge is buggy because the grape count resets if you travel. It has also been proven to be buggy without traveling, so simply keep accurate count of the number of grapes used to give yourself credit for the challenge."

For the life of me I could never get Darcy's to pop despite the fact that he harvested all of his own grapes, didn't travel, used fancy french ones, and used four or five times the needed amount. However, because of the line in the rules, Rica said it was alright. Maybe you could ask her if she knows the right way to get the achievement to trigger?

Also, I love her sort of star-crossed love affair with the consignment clerk! Very cute.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #648 on: April 07, 2013, 06:55:31 PM »
Hey! First off, sorry I haven't commented in a while. Great updates! I have really been enjoying this. Second, can you PM me the link to where you got Mata Hari's hair?
I finally figured out how to install CC and it is really pretty. :)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #649 on: April 07, 2013, 07:10:41 PM »
Mmm, Braden is quite stunning. At the very least Champagne needs someone to love, even if she can never wed or have children of her own. Glad to see that the requirements are coming along nicely--and here's hoping the Vizard of Vine behaves itself!