Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 290811 times)

SimBlip

Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Love and Marriage
« Reply #645 on: April 07, 2013, 04:18:44 PM »
I love this chapter! Champagne's thoughts are so interesting and engaging. She is a lady, for sure, and a very thoughtful one at that. I've read quite a few Immortal Dynasties, but 'Bubbly' puts quite a different spin on the 'last generation'.
The philosophy running through this - and most - of your chapters is riveting. Such a great update yet again! :)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #646 on: April 07, 2013, 04:40:05 PM »
It's so nice to see Eunice around again!

Yes, and Humbug too!

I don't think Lynne is dead, because wouldn't she show up as a ghost in the thought bubble/ speech bubble?

Maybe. I'm not sure it's consistent. After all, it's sometimes a covered dish!

Graduating on Love Day, how perfect for her. She does look very Allegra-like. Braden is really handsome! I think she should pursue him, they seem like a good match. Never mind being a second choice. That's all nonsense. He showed both that he liked her and that he was unwilling to cheat on his girlfriend before. That's all I need. Go for it! I really like how Percy and Mata match in colours, blue and yellow. I think all the couples in this dynasty have been so perfect. Where does her nectarwear come from? It's adorable! And I really like the whole family dynamic of this dynasty.

She really shouldn't have gained gardening skill if all she ever did was harvest. Did she ever water or weed anything? Have you tried to see if grapes harvested by someone else work? I think they just need to be home grown, not harvested by the nectar maker.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #647 on: April 07, 2013, 05:31:19 PM »

I love Champagne's outfits, and I don't even like pink! She was a gorgeous teen, and an even more gorgeous young adult.

Keep in mind that if you can't get Vizard of the Vine to pop, the Immortal Dynasty rules say that it's a known bug, to do a self-count, and give yourself credit anyway.

Quoting: "the Nectar Making Vizard of Vine challenge is buggy because the grape count resets if you travel. It has also been proven to be buggy without traveling, so simply keep accurate count of the number of grapes used to give yourself credit for the challenge."

For the life of me I could never get Darcy's to pop despite the fact that he harvested all of his own grapes, didn't travel, used fancy french ones, and used four or five times the needed amount. However, because of the line in the rules, Rica said it was alright. Maybe you could ask her if she knows the right way to get the achievement to trigger?

Also, I love her sort of star-crossed love affair with the consignment clerk! Very cute.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #648 on: April 07, 2013, 06:55:31 PM »
Hey! First off, sorry I haven't commented in a while. Great updates! I have really been enjoying this. Second, can you PM me the link to where you got Mata Hari's hair?
I finally figured out how to install CC and it is really pretty. :)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #649 on: April 07, 2013, 07:10:41 PM »
Mmm, Braden is quite stunning. At the very least Champagne needs someone to love, even if she can never wed or have children of her own. Glad to see that the requirements are coming along nicely--and here's hoping the Vizard of Vine behaves itself!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #650 on: April 07, 2013, 07:11:01 PM »

Mystery solved.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #651 on: April 08, 2013, 02:19:51 PM »
Is it me or does Braden look a bit like Eminem? (Especially in Bubbly's thought bubble).

I really like Percy too, such a cutie!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty -Love and Marriage
« Reply #652 on: April 08, 2013, 04:03:41 PM »
Champagne is so beautiful! I'm glad to see Eunice back :) I hope Goopy comes soon, I miss him :(

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #653 on: April 08, 2013, 10:48:58 PM »
Move in while the girlfriend's dead, Champagne! Perhaps you should respect the man's grief, but help comfort him in his time of need. It's so nice to see Eunice around again!

Now, now!  She can't move out yet :p

I don't think Lynne is dead, because wouldn't she show up as a ghost in the thought bubble/ speech bubble?

I didn't think so either, but she's not only merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead.

I love this chapter! Champagne's thoughts are so interesting and engaging. She is a lady, for sure, and a very thoughtful one at that. I've read quite a few Immortal Dynasties, but 'Bubbly' puts quite a different spin on the 'last generation'.
The philosophy running through this - and most - of your chapters is riveting. Such a great update yet again! :)

She does definitely strike me as a lady, but a VERY self-aware one.

Yes, and Humbug too!

Maybe. I'm not sure it's consistent. After all, it's sometimes a covered dish!

Graduating on Love Day, how perfect for her. She does look very Allegra-like. Braden is really handsome! I think she should pursue him, they seem like a good match. Never mind being a second choice. That's all nonsense. He showed both that he liked her and that he was unwilling to cheat on his girlfriend before. That's all I need. Go for it! I really like how Percy and Mata match in colours, blue and yellow. I think all the couples in this dynasty have been so perfect. Where does her nectarwear come from? It's adorable! And I really like the whole family dynamic of this dynasty.

She really shouldn't have gained gardening skill if all she ever did was harvest. Did she ever water or weed anything? Have you tried to see if grapes harvested by someone else work? I think they just need to be home grown, not harvested by the nectar maker.

I wish I'd gotten more screenshots of Humbug's visit.  He's arguably my favorite spouse ( :-X) and I dropped the ball on the moment.

She went on a field trip to the science center as a teen, which is probably why she skilled up.  I've got a record of harvested grapes that have gone into the nectar, so we should be all good.

I love Champagne's outfits, and I don't even like pink! She was a gorgeous teen, and an even more gorgeous young adult.

Keep in mind that if you can't get Vizard of the Vine to pop, the Immortal Dynasty rules say that it's a known bug, to do a self-count, and give yourself credit anyway.

Quoting: "the Nectar Making Vizard of Vine challenge is buggy because the grape count resets if you travel. It has also been proven to be buggy without traveling, so simply keep accurate count of the number of grapes used to give yourself credit for the challenge."

For the life of me I could never get Darcy's to pop despite the fact that he harvested all of his own grapes, didn't travel, used fancy french ones, and used four or five times the needed amount. However, because of the line in the rules, Rica said it was alright. Maybe you could ask her if she knows the right way to get the achievement to trigger?

Also, I love her sort of star-crossed love affair with the consignment clerk! Very cute.

Her every day outfit is something I wish was in my closet.  It's very much the type of thing I wear.  I do think I'm improving with the whole outfit recolor thing, haha.

Hey! First off, sorry I haven't commented in a while. Great updates! I have really been enjoying this. Second, can you PM me the link to where you got Mata Hari's hair?
I finally figured out how to install CC and it is really pretty. :)

Sure, I have to go find it and then I'll send it over.

Mmm, Braden is quite stunning. At the very least Champagne needs someone to love, even if she can never wed or have children of her own. Glad to see that the requirements are coming along nicely--and here's hoping the Vizard of Vine behaves itself!

He is super attractive for a random immigrant.  Very nice jaw and a distinct looking nose.  I think Champagne will have her requirements completely done before she even hits her adult birthday.  She's very close.  Then a bunch of super boring gameplay until she's an elder ... sigh

Is it me or does Braden look a bit like Eminem? (Especially in Bubbly's thought bubble).

I really like Percy too, such a cutie!

I don't particularly see it.  He's got the right coloring though!

Champagne is so beautiful! I'm glad to see Eunice back :) I hope Goopy comes soon, I miss him :(

He's the only one who hasn't shown up yet!  Come on Goop.  The people miss you.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Law of Conservation of Mass
« Reply #654 on: April 08, 2013, 11:16:23 PM »
The scientific explanation of reanimation in the simsverse is a simple one.  The afterlife is inherently tied to your remains, which generate upon your death (unless you're Emmett, in which case, you've wasted a lot of supernatural resources).

Because our world can only manage so much activity and information at once, and because we go so against the grain as immortals, we've had to long contain our deceased away from the possibility of returning to us, no matter how much we may have missed them. 

Hugging my grandfather for the first time since my prom night was a long awaited thing, only delayed for the good of our mission.

Best of all, he understands.  "Rosebud," he says.  "I'd do anything for your Granny.  She's had me wrapped around her classy little finger since the day she flew at me, a total stranger, and asked how I felt about runaway marriages."

These visits have been good for our souls.  We're still waiting for my Dad to arrive.  Mom paces around or paints obsessively, never taking her eyes of his urn as soon as the sun goes down, but he has yet to show.  It'll be nice when he arrives.  One does miss having a strong father around.

The night Allegra's husband arrived, her boisterous, gleeful shouting woke the whole house.  Allegra has never been one to mute her enthusiasm.

It's funny.  Orlando was one of my first chess opponents and always a good friend, but now he's one of us.  He's a Classic.

He said to Mata Hari once, when she was just a little toddler bee with a long braid, he was teaching her to potty, "You're so bright, Bumblebee.  Just like your Mommy.  I feel like I was in the dark until I met her."

It's important to love and to be loved.  I don't just mean romantic love.  Little pieces of us are all around Monte Vista.  Once a toddler in arms in our home is now a prolific journalist and a fairy.  Little Wendy Lopez, still popping in to check in on us and talk cooking with Granny, who taught her to drive.

We've lost a lot of friends too.  Bianca Monty died.  Ashley Tomlin.  Beppe Bianchi.  And of course, dear Silvia.  All gone.  Death hovers around those we love and we must deal with it.  This was what drove Champagne to swallow her reservations and go after the man who'd caught her eye.  However, much to her disappointment, he was no longer manning the register at the elixir shop.

She couldn't seem to get ahold of him.  She questioned herself much.

She did penance in her way.

And finally, one evening while she was taking in a walk at Moonlit Stroll park, she spotted him and understood why he'd been avoiding her.

Braden had gotten old.  Older even than her parents.  But Champagne is a strong willed girl.  She is a Classic.  And she had decided he was for her even against his insistence that he was too old, too broken, too common and whatever else.

She wouldn't hear of it.

And why should she?  Her parents aren't married.  Percy doesn't live in the manor, but still he makes it his home.

So, there's no weakness of character or drive on her father's side.  And certainly not on her mother's.  A triple agent descended from six immortal women.

This man Braden didn't stand a chance.  Nothing builds an irresistible lover like being born to endless generations of irresistible love.

I was asleep while she was at the park that night, but something woke me.  It was a full moon, and feeling a bit of neurotic lunacy I'd slept in my bathing things.  A chill blew through the room and woke me.  While I waited for my eyes to adjust to the dark, I was somehow sure Champagne was sealing her fate.

I know quite a lot about fate, it turns out.  For one of the only times in my life, I was for a moment, speechless.

We stole into bed for most of the evening, chatting and reliving the good days, catching up and loving one another.

Champagne meanwhile roped the reluctant Mister Shinn into a relationship.

"Will she marry him, you think, when all is said and done?" Hiram asked me.

"If she likes," I said.  "I plan on marrying you again."

When it came time for him to leave, I stood and hugged his smoky form goodbye.  "Tell Bug I love her," he said, brushing my hair aside.  "And promise me I'll see you again."

"Eden and I are working on a means to restore both corporeal presence and vitality without compromising the supernatural balance," I said, seriously.

He laughed, as he began to fade a bit.  "Babe," he said.  "English."

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Law of Conservation of Mass
« Reply #655 on: April 08, 2013, 11:52:24 PM »

Ugh! I love it! LOVE. IT. "Babe, he said. English." And to think I gave him such crap for that line and now I just adore it. And no wonder, I can't help it! Rosetta is still my favorite Classic. The little girl who loved school with her big, round glasses! Ugh! I can't wait to see them back together.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #656 on: April 08, 2013, 11:58:00 PM »
So close to the end . . . soooo close . . . yay for Champagne and Braden! It's so nice to see everyone together and happy--I can't wait to see how you wrap up the dynasty!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #657 on: April 08, 2013, 11:58:46 PM »
Hi, Tilia. I just want to let you know. I've been reading your story until now.
I'm really enjoying it, your story is written beautifully. And the makeover for the ladies are awesome!

You're so close at finale when I see Champagne. It's like yesterday when I read Coralie. My, how time flies!
When Classic Immortals are completed. Will you telling about the Epilogue too? I'll love to read that as well ^^
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #658 on: April 09, 2013, 12:07:06 AM »
NO EUREKA!?! BUT SHE'S AWESOME!!! I feel severely betrayed.  >:(
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #659 on: April 09, 2013, 12:25:47 AM »
Aaah you made me go back and read Rosetta's life over again  ::) I can't believe you're so close to almost done :)

anything