Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 290812 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - La Famille
« Reply #765 on: May 02, 2013, 04:11:25 PM »
Awwww... that sucks... is it the site itself?  Or something else?

I think it must be the site.  Everything else is working fine.  It will post text updates no problem, but when I add pictures it just loads forever.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #766 on: May 02, 2013, 04:20:34 PM »
Weird... *sniffles*  That sucks.  Sorry hun.  Hopefully it decides to cooperate with you soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #767 on: May 02, 2013, 04:59:14 PM »
I think it must be the site.  Everything else is working fine.  It will post text updates no problem, but when I add pictures it just loads forever.

Do you use Photobucket? I can't view the pictures of anyone who posts using Photobucket (including Rica, which is seriously killing me because I need to see Casper!) and it loads eternally on my computer as well.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #768 on: May 02, 2013, 05:00:08 PM »
Do you use Photobucket? I can't view the pictures of anyone who posts using Photobucket (including Rica, which is seriously killing me because I need to see Casper!) and it loads eternally on my computer as well.

Nope!  I use imgur, which has always been super dependable for me.

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #769 on: May 02, 2013, 05:26:50 PM »
Maybe try the gallery?

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Cell Mitosis
« Reply #770 on: May 03, 2013, 12:10:23 AM »
You know, as busy as I like to stay, I can't imagine my mind spinning faster than it is these days, as we prepare to finally depart for Moonlight Falls.  There are so many possibilities on the horizon and yet so many old comforts I finally have at hand again.

I waited until after the wedding to make a scene, because we've all been so enamored with our lost loves.  But, by the Watcher I have missed my grandfather so much.  So, so, so much.

How strange it is to see him young and handsome and without glasses!  No matter, I can't imagine enjoying a shock to the system more.  In fact, I bet none of us can.

"Rosebud," he says, "I can't get over seeing you all grown up."

"And with a great-great-great granddaughter besides!" I laugh.  Maybe not much has really changed under the surface, though.

"Well, at least now you can give yourself your own baths," he jokes.

"And do my homework by myself," I counter, which makes him frown a little.

"Well, I can always help if you need it."

There's been lots of planning and deliberation, but the 8 of us haven't strayed far from each other.  We know our last days as a single unit are upon us.

And already, there's a new addition!  I can't believe I forgot to mention it.  Meet my new uncle, Randall GilsCarbo.

Randall's first birthday is the event we're all hanging around to see.  After that, the moves will start.  Eureka and I have already chosen our beach hut and found a renter for most of the year.  The Classics have decided that summers will be spent on the island, no matter what.

A strange woman moved into town recently with a keen interest in Granny.  Or perhaps we should all begin to call her Coralie?  She certainly isn't a Granny anymore.

Anyway, this woman issued a mysterious invitation to my grandparents, saying she had very important information to discuss, direct from the Watcher, which would sound crazy if we hadn't communicated directly with the Watcher ourselves.

Her name is Briar Rose, and she has strange purple-ish skin.  Only Granny and Grandpa Camillo have met her.

She has two teenage daughters who seem very, very bored with their mother's doings. 

But one person who is very interested is Granny.  She says Ms. Bliss is going to be the Watcher's next dynasty founder and that it is her responsibility to offer advice.

The two of them have actually become rather close, perhaps because Granny can so relate to a new founder's anxieties.  Plus, to our horror, Granny told us that the daughters (including the baby growing in Briar Rose's belly) will have to start over on their own as well.

But anyway, that's not our intrigue.  They will have their own story we're all sure.  As for us, we have to decide what's next.  Where our ideal destinations could be.

We have to decide if old habits are really the best ones for a new life.

Silvia, for one, decided it was time for a change.  I'm rather proud of her if truth be told.  It's hard to break off from the familiar.  It's absolutely hard to break off from Freddie.  But she made a choice.

One that caused a good deal of scandal on the island, which is free of supernaturals except for a few witches.

"After Randall's birthday, I'm off to somewhere with less sun," she says contentedly, a sharp little smile playing on her lips.  "Lots of shade."

Freddie has been staying with Eden and Eunice, but has decided to find a little place of his own until he decides where to go.  He suggested providing them with more children, but Eden happily declined.

"We have an exciting plan for that!" Eden said.  "We can't wait to show everyone!"

Then he set their house on fire, which Eunice didn't appreciate.

She proceeded to put it out on her own while the other two ... well, did as Eden and Freddie do.

Allegra too is staying on the island for now, too overwhelmed by options to decide where she'd go.  Eureka did her best to talk her into joining us, but I suppose we all must let go of our daughters now.

My own daughter gave me the most thoughtful goodbye gift.  I can't tell you what it is just yet.  But it is the most perfect thing anyone has ever given me.

Well, that's not true.  Hiram gave me Eden.  She might be the most perfect thing anyone's ever given me.  My little Bug.

The day of Randall's first birthday rolled around all too soon.  You can see us all being quite ourselves in this photo, particularly my husband flirting with thin air.

This was the first cake we'd all gathered around that wasn't on that beloved island counter in our Monte Vista kitchen.  And that was okay.

Randall grew up as cute as they come, with his mama's ginger hair.  He's a genius and easily impressed.  Very good traits for being born in a non-active household.

Grandpa Ed seems thrilled to have another son.  He seems like a very good father.  Maybe he'll help little Randall play with his peg box too.

But it was my Dad who was cuddling Randall the most at the party.  The rest of us were at the grill or swimming and he was tickling his little brother within an inch of the little boy's life.  Later he said to me, "you better be prepared to not be an only child anymore, Rosebud."

I think I am prepared.  In fact, he better be prepared to maybe have more than one grandbaby soon!  Oh, but for now, in these final hours together, I've allowed myself to nod off in total contentment.

Sure, a healthy cell splits into many, and we're about to do the same.  But before the Classics go through their own mitosis, here's one perfect moment.  As a unit.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Cell Mitosis
« Reply #771 on: May 03, 2013, 12:55:13 AM »
Oh, that's wonderful Tilia!  I'm all misty-eyed!  Such a perfect way to "end" that chapter.  I sincerely love the symbolism of living cells and them as a family.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #772 on: May 03, 2013, 01:05:45 AM »
Huzzah, Goopy and Mona are having more children! Let the parade begin!

I love hearing from Rosetta, because I think she must be WAY up there on my list of favorite Classics. If I could choose favorites, that is!

And of course Freddie set the house on fire. With his natural heat!

I can't wait to read your Life States Dynasty! (*Suffering from Tilia-Dynasty-Withdrawal*)
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline shaunta

• Townie
« Reply #773 on: May 03, 2013, 11:12:26 AM »
I can't wait to read your Life States Dynasty! (*Suffering from Tilia-Dynasty-Withdrawal*)
Love the talk about Freddie lol and I too suffer from withdrawal maybe we should start a support group! lol
Tilla, I love the update and can't wait to see the new Dynasty and more from the classics.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #774 on: May 03, 2013, 05:11:33 PM »

Freddie and Eden are hilarious as usual. I'm curious to see how Briar Rose and her daughters all tie into this!

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #775 on: May 03, 2013, 10:17:06 PM »
I love that you tied Emmaline, Daisy, and Lila in. Although my friend almost got a concussion when she fell out of her chair from laughing too hard.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #776 on: May 04, 2013, 05:35:48 PM »
Oh, that's wonderful Tilia!  I'm all misty-eyed!  Such a perfect way to "end" that chapter.  I sincerely love the symbolism of living cells and them as a family.

I thought it fit :)

Huzzah, Goopy and Mona are having more children! Let the parade begin!

I love hearing from Rosetta, because I think she must be WAY up there on my list of favorite Classics. If I could choose favorites, that is!

Everyone's having babies.  Making nooboos is my favorite thing int he Sims.  Also, I love your reasoning on why Freddie set the house on fire, haha.

Love the talk about Freddie lol and I too suffer from withdrawal maybe we should start a support group! lol
Tilla, I love the update and can't wait to see the new Dynasty and more from the classics.

I should be starting up the new dynasty pretty soon.  I want to make sure I have things mostly tied up with the Classics first.  I'm definitely a one-major-project-at-a-time kind of girl.

Freddie and Eden are hilarious as usual. I'm curious to see how Briar Rose and her daughters all tie into this!

They're mostly just a shameless plug!  The daughters are my Starving Students challenge sims and the mom will be my Life States founder.

I love that you tied Emmaline, Daisy, and Lila in. Although my friend almost got a concussion when she fell out of her chair from laughing too hard.

Oh no!  What was she laughing at?

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Hansel and Gretel
« Reply #777 on: May 04, 2013, 05:50:41 PM »
It's fun getting used to this new life, but some things are harder than they were.  For example, we have to start over on certain skills.  For me, that means gardening and magic.

For Nini, it means painting, but she is also really enjoying our new science station.

And for Freddie, who still hasn't moved out, it's building his relationship with Sunspot.  The newest Classic.

With most of the others off on their own adventures, us remaining Monte Vistans have tried to stay in close contact.  It seems like there's baby fever all over the island and Carlotta was expecting another nooboo shortly after Russell aged up.

Seeing them happy together made Eunice and me really want babies of our own again. 

So, we worked on our skills to make it happen.  We're building quite the little farm around the rose cottage.

We even got our permit approved for a chicken coop.  These are Ann, Fran, and Maybelle.

All of our brown chickens are girls.  We have one boy.  His name is Charlie and he's kind of a jerk.

Eunice tells me not to argue with the rooster, but it's really hard not to when he's being so unreasonable.

Also his macho posturing really irks me.

Sometimes it comes down to fisticuffs.

Eunice says to cut that nonsense out or the city will take away our license.  Whatever.  Charlie is a bad egg.  But, I suppose we need him to make good eggs.  And sometimes cute little chickies!

When I finally got my skill level up and Eunice finally mastered genetic splicing, we were able to start our big experiment!  Having our own babies.  We watched them grow in my little garden like careful, loving mommies.

And when the day came that they reached full maturity, we decided to deliver them into our arms together.

I went first so Nini wouldn't feel nervous about how to pull a plant carefully from the ground.  Imagine my surprise to see it wriggling so and squalling just like Eureka did the night she was born!

I made a little boy with care and sunshine.  His name is Herb.  The very first Classic son!

I watched carefully over Nini, rocking baby Herb in my arms as she cleared the dirt from the second mound and tugged gently at the sprout.  Out of the dirt came a soft gurgling, not nearly as rambunctious as her brother.

"Oh, look at her," Eunice said, pulling her close.  "Look at my daughter.  Hello, Rosemary.  Hello!"

And that's how Eunice and I built our new family together.  Just the two of us.

They have cribs inside, but our little plant babies enjoy the open sky, so we let them swing outside most of the time.

Freddie is quite taken with them, though he doesn't seem very keen on settling down himself any time soon.  I think he and Sunspot are looking for a nice plot of land nearby to move to.

I can't imagine ever wanting a life that doesn't include everything mine has just this moment.

Of course, Granny came over as soon as I told her about the babies.  She loves babies, you know.

I'm sure she'll be having some more of her own very soon.  In the meantime, she told me that while Eunice and I were toiling away in gardens and science, Carlotta gave birth to a second baby boy named Royce. 

The happy family is resting at home.

Of course, she couldn't wait to get her hands on the twins.  And they loved her instantly.  She's always had a way with little ones.

And they sure do love her back.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Hansel and Gretel
« Reply #778 on: May 04, 2013, 05:53:02 PM »
I almost started crying when I read about Eden and Eunice pulling the babies out of the ground. How incredibly perfect for the couple!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Hansel and Gretel
« Reply #779 on: May 04, 2013, 06:01:57 PM »
Awww!  How absolutely fantastic!  Love the fact that those two get to have their own little nooboos!

anything