Author Topic: Future Sim Improvement Ideas  (Read 188793 times)

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
Re: Future Sim Improvement and New Items Ideas
« Reply #1775 on: May 01, 2012, 12:05:27 AM »
I wish  you could switch towns after you moved to one town in the sims 3.  People can do that in real life.  Personally, I think it would be hilarious to see a sim from appaloosa plains reaction to Bridgeport!  Also, when the sims 3 world adventures came out, I wish that they would let the sims go up on top of the eifel tower and then look at it.  I also wish that they could go on a cruz and stand at the edge of the ship and get a moodlet called king/queen of the world!  OH!  And I would also love it if they added a few more sports, like soccor and baseball and maybe track.

I think it would be funnier to see a Bridgeport Sim's reaction to Appaloosa Plains!
"Why is every other person in overalls? And what is that SMELL?!? Am I seeing things, or is that man riding... a horse?"

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Katie123urgreat

• Causton CID
  • Occult
« Reply #1776 on: May 01, 2012, 02:48:04 AM »
I think it would be funnier to see a Bridgeport Sim's reaction to Appaloosa Plains!
"Why is every other person in overalls? And what is that SMELL?!? Am I seeing things, or is that man riding... a horse?"

Yes, I would LOVE to be there at that moment!  :P

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DS Ben Jones: I appreciated your trust over the Masons thing.
DCI Tom Barnaby: Trust, Jones, is something hard to win, easy to lose, and never to be taken lightly.
Jones: William Shakespeare, sir?
Barnaby: No! Thomas Barnaby.
-Midsomer Murders

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline twallan

• Townie
« Reply #1777 on: May 01, 2012, 02:38:30 PM »
I wish  you could switch towns after you moved to one town in the sims 3.

Hopefully one of these days, EA will see fit to catch up to [Traveler] mod in that arena. :)
NRaas Industries.  Saving Sims games from becoming doorstops since 2009.

Forum Rules

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #1778 on: May 01, 2012, 02:49:25 PM »
I believe like Coocoo girl that we should have ships, but why not make them ownable and buildable to. You could buy a ship and build and decide what goes it in from the ground up, or there could be shells you just decorate. You should be able to set prices for suites and cabins. The more stuff in the room the higher the price, the more you make. It would be a perfect reason to introduce hotels, and you could travel to other worlds (towns). Maybe you could stay on the ship as long as you wanted. If you built the ship you could put pools, bars, restaurants, gyms and tons of other stuff in them.

Edit: I also think it would be cool if the ships could sink, and there would be dangers on the open sea. Maybe being a caption could be a career choice.
Edit: I also think you could bring your kids and maybe the butler you hire could go with you on the ship to take care of the kids.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
« Reply #1779 on: May 01, 2012, 08:40:39 PM »
I know this is really a weird idea... but I wish that there were crazy glasses that were bigger than the sims head in sims three.  I don't have custom content because I already have my sims installed in the computer that we can't seem to get hooked up to the internet.  Also my mom says that I would be hogging the computer that has the internet all the time... hehe, she's right.  Also our computer is really slow and I'm not sure if it could handle sims 3 :'(  OH, and I also wish that there was a clown career!
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Offline Lisey

• Townie
« Reply #1780 on: May 02, 2012, 01:16:50 PM »
In terms of new occult states, I would love to see superhero!

Not sure that would ever happen because it might be kind of complicated, i.e., unless every Sim has the same superpowers (which would get boring fast). But it could be an awesome Profession-type career (saving cats from trees, stopping burglars, fighting townie super-villains) - and I would love to see them show some creativity in how to turn your Sim into this occult state, like maybe there could be a bunch of different paths: at the science lab you could get bitten by a test subject, or you could run into some new nuclear waste at the junkyard, or even meet a little alien in a meteor/space rock!

Of course, I'm still holding out for aliens and witches and werewolves, but I think superhero would make a neat addition as well. :D

Offline Simboy134

• Scientist
  • Townie
  • Insert Witty Comment Here
« Reply #1781 on: May 02, 2012, 03:03:30 PM »
In terms of new occult states, I would love to see superhero!

Not sure that would ever happen because it might be kind of complicated, i.e., unless every Sim has the same superpowers (which would get boring fast). But it could be an awesome Profession-type career (saving cats from trees, stopping burglars, fighting townie super-villains) - and I would love to see them show some creativity in how to turn your Sim into this occult state, like maybe there could be a bunch of different paths: at the science lab you could get bitten by a test subject, or you could run into some new nuclear waste at the junkyard, or even meet a little alien in a meteor/space rock!

Of course, I'm still holding out for aliens and witches and werewolves, but I think superhero would make a neat addition as well. :D

I would love that so much. I could recreate the X-Men
" With great power, comes great responsibility"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline YZJay

• Occult
« Reply #1782 on: May 05, 2012, 01:58:44 AM »
My biggest wish: start a business. Like an apparel store or a computers company...

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1783 on: May 05, 2012, 05:02:40 PM »
Wish we could like share photographs and like upload them. Then they get added to the paintings/pictures tab in buymode.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #1784 on: May 07, 2012, 07:47:56 PM »
That was something you could do in TS2, sort of, I think. Where you could upload your own photos, it could be of say, your pet, and a Sim with a high enough painting skill could paint them.

I really like that idea and it should come back.

I would like some different sliders. I would like some ear sliders, to make elf ears, and I would like some rear and hip sliders as well, but I want EA to provide me this, and not a mod creator. I know it sounds a bit silly, but I like EA sliders better, because I don't have to worry about how it will effect my Sims if those sliders are no longer updated by a mod creator, or that a person will need a mod to play with my Sims, if I were to use those sliders, assuming that person prefers a clean game. I know it sounds silly, but at least when EA provides it, all I have to worry about is having the latest patch for these uploads to work. Like changing one's makeup during the day.

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #1785 on: May 08, 2012, 09:44:22 AM »
I'd really love to have a Sim-sauna. You could have two varieties of stoves, a cheaper electrical one and wood-fueled more expensive one, which gives increased effects. Both would be a potential fire hazard when left unattended, like fireplaces. Being in the sauna could involve a progress bar like with bathing and during this time the Sim would slowly gain Fun (and some Energy?) while stress-related bad moodlets would go away. It would also grant two "neutral" moodlets related to the need to a) cool off via a shower, swim in the pool etc. and b) drink properly afterwards. Fulfilling either condition turns the neutral moodlet into a nice positive one, ignoring them would give bad moodlets due to all the sweat, overheating and dehydration.

Sims could have interactions like "throw water on the stones" and "slap self/Sim with the vihta" (the leafy birch twigs) available during sauna.

(I'm not Finnish, just a "convert" to the joys of sweating -- and if possible rolling in the snow afterwards, but sadly we can't have THAT in the game due to lack of weather. :P )

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #1786 on: May 11, 2012, 02:52:29 PM »
I would like to see the caterer return. They could serve food and drinks to party guests, and maybe you could even decide what food and drinks they serve at your party. They could charge a fee based on what they serve, plus maybe a basic fee for services. Maybe they could have a team of waiters, and the host could make menus for guests. We should have a party planner, maybe have party games, and other party events.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #1787 on: May 15, 2012, 02:56:44 PM »
If they make a Sims 4 and a pets expansion for it, I hope they make it possible to have rabbits. I want a cute little rabbit!
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #1788 on: May 15, 2012, 11:47:48 PM »
I would like to see the caterer return. They could serve food and drinks to party guests, and maybe you could even decide what food and drinks they serve at your party. They could charge a fee based on what they serve, plus maybe a basic fee for services. Maybe they could have a team of waiters, and the host could make menus for guests. We should have a party planner, maybe have party games, and other party events.

I love this! You can also do for prankster sims 'Turn up heat' or 'turn down heat' and the sims inside could run out screaming!  ;D

Offline angelcat621

• Happy Cat Servant
  • Llama Wrangler
  • I'm still here everyone!
« Reply #1789 on: May 16, 2012, 04:59:44 PM »
I'd like it if sickness was reintroduced to the game. Nothing too serious, maybe just colds and flu or the "Simmania virus."
Then Sims could call in sick. I find it odd the developers included stuff like death by magic or meteor already and not illness.

I want aliens to return, possibly as a life state. I'm also a 'bring back Seasons' fan as well (even though my poor computer probably can't take anymore Sims!)
The cat is cryptic, and close to strange things which men cannot see. -H.P. Lovecraft 

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #1790 on: May 16, 2012, 05:26:05 PM »
I don't know if I'm a fan of illness as a death. It's a life simulator, yes, but to me, it would be a bit too far for Sims. Maybe TSM, because that was a common cause of death (no real medicine or immunizations in that time), but not in regular Sims. I'd rather the silly things like electrocution. To me, it kind of goes up there with religion.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #1791 on: May 16, 2012, 05:57:00 PM »
I'd like illness to be a moodlet like 'Caught the Flu' -30 for 3 days or something. Your sim could go for treatment at the hospital, and the moodlet could be contagious with other family members 'catching' it. I definitely would not want death by illness.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #1792 on: May 16, 2012, 06:02:42 PM »
I agree that death through illness would be undesirable. However, a negative moodlet would be ok. Like the way of going to the hospital for treatment. Also, if there was going to be an illness moodlet I believe it should impact how hard you could work, if you were able to work at all. I really liked that bit of realism in sims 2, and sometimes i like my games to be really hard - some sims just have to struggle you know?

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #1793 on: May 16, 2012, 06:05:16 PM »
Eh, I don't. But I don't mind if a Sim gets the flu, like they did in TS2. If they do do that, I want to see calling in sick at work. But I want calling in Sick for all Sims. It would be funny if a Sim called in sick, then was caught in a lie by their boss, (person on the relationship panel), and fired.

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #1794 on: May 16, 2012, 06:07:58 PM »
Wasn't that possible in Sims 2? You could call in sick and if you had high job performance, the boss would believe you?
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #1795 on: May 16, 2012, 06:20:16 PM »
Yes it was! I really miss that and I wish I could get that back in TS2.

Offline Spork-tastic

• Watcher
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
What do you wish the Sims 3 had?
« Reply #1796 on: May 27, 2012, 10:11:47 PM »
As much as I love the Sims 3 there are a few things I wish you could do or have.
-I wish you could do more with the pools, there are no slides to pool rafts or really anything!
-I also really want to be able to change Sims heights. They are all the same height! I thought for sure that would be part of the Sims 3.

What do you wish to see?

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
Re: What do you wish the Sims 3 had?
« Reply #1797 on: May 27, 2012, 10:15:14 PM »
LOL We already have a topic, in the general discussion. Perhaps a mod could move this to the "Future Sim Improvements and New Ideas" thread?

I have to disagree about the Sims heights. The TS2 stretch Skeletal cheat was scary enough as is. Plus, the game would be extremely glitched and look like an M for Mature game.

Offline Spork-tastic

• Watcher
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
« Reply #1798 on: May 27, 2012, 10:19:41 PM »
LOL We already have a topic, in the general discussion. Perhaps a mod could move this to the "Future Sim Improvements and New Ideas" thread?

I have to disagree about the Sims heights. The TS2 stretch Skeletal cheat was scary enough as is. Plus, the game would be extremely glitched and look like an M for Mature game.
Opps Hahaha! Maybe they could do that.

Offline Sara2573

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1799 on: May 27, 2012, 11:06:11 PM »
Some ideas:

Holidays (Christmas, Halloween, Etc.)

Hotels like in Sims 2 Bon Voyage

I think it would be cool if your friend could like bring their Sim into your game (Like Online-ish play, but only if you want to.)

I also think it would be kind of cool/funny if Sims could get drunk.

Seasons, Rain, Snow (this is probably going to be an expansion pack coming up)

Private school

More realistic aging (Like Adults' hair starts graying towards being an Elder, Acne for teens)

Improvements to things already in game:

I wish the Weddings and Funerals were more realistic (Like the preacher person or whatever at Weddings and the Funerals being less like parties)

I wish that if people changed neighborhoods, they would keep their old relationships and they could like call their friends and their friends could come visit
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.  :D