Author Topic: Future Sim Improvement Ideas  (Read 382437 times)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Future Sim Improvement and New Items Ideas
« Reply #1890 on: July 01, 2012, 08:58:05 AM »
Wouldn't it be nice if when a couple gets married and exchanges "rings" that they could have actual rings on their fingers afterward? And the wedding bands would stay on until you remove them.

I already do that manually, but this would be kind of cool.

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #1891 on: July 01, 2012, 09:03:26 AM »
Wouldn't it be nice if when a couple gets married and exchanges "rings" that they could have actual rings on their fingers afterward? And the wedding bands would stay on until you remove them.

I remember they did that in Sims 2... wonder why they didn't do it in Sims 3? I really liked the rings, though sometimes it could seem a little strange because the one who was proposed to would have the "diamond" ring and the preposer would have the plain ring... so if it was the woman who proposed, the men would be going around with the "girl's" ring. I just found that very odd.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #1892 on: July 02, 2012, 08:32:37 AM »
I remember they did that in Sims 2... wonder why they didn't do it in Sims 3? I really liked the rings, though sometimes it could seem a little strange because the one who was proposed to would have the "diamond" ring and the preposer would have the plain ring... so if it was the woman who proposed, the men would be going around with the "girl's" ring. I just found that very odd.

Even more odd is it to see when a sim get remarried: shoving one ring over the previous one from your previous wife.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #1893 on: July 16, 2012, 03:08:17 PM »
I would like to see a notification, when something breaks, that shows what broke. Sometimes it's hard to find what broke, even harder in really big houses.  I also want a Nooboo DNA Bank, what happens if a female Sims doesn't want a husband or boyfriend but wants kids, they have to adopt. But what if they want there own kids? Not that adopting is bad, just sometimes maybe they want to have the thrill of pregnancy. In real life sometimes a couple can't have a child and turns to something like this, why can't Sims?
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #1894 on: July 16, 2012, 04:18:20 PM »
Does anyone remember how in Sims 2, teen sims could occasionally get acne? I'd like that back. It was a little funny.
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #1895 on: July 16, 2012, 06:45:18 PM »
Does anyone remember how in Sims 2, teen sims could occasionally get acne? I'd like that back. It was a little funny.
I haven't seen it yet, but it does seem funny.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #1896 on: July 18, 2012, 01:07:24 AM »
I don't know if any of this has been said, but I've been taking a break from Sims 3 and playing Sims Medieval and I wish they would make a stuff/expansion pack with all the items from Medieval for Sims 3.  There are some awesome stuff there.  (though I did notice the unicorn statue from Pets is the same as the one in Medieval... so maybe there's hope!)

(Quoting my own Quote.. haha!)

Turns out shortly after I wrote this my significant other got a mod (CC?) that someone has redone Medieval clothes as Sim 3 clothes.  Very exciting as they can now wander around in suits of armor, royal robes and even jester outfits.  I think my Elven Legacy should come back to life with this new wardrobe!

:)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #1897 on: July 18, 2012, 05:06:36 AM »
I also want a Nooboo DNA Bank, what happens if a female Sims doesn't want a husband or boyfriend but wants kids, they have to adopt. But what if they want there own kids? Not that adopting is bad, just sometimes maybe they want to have the thrill of pregnancy. In real life sometimes a couple can't have a child and turns to something like this, why can't Sims?

Yes I'd love that too. I love playing female/female couples and I wish they could just get pregnant. I really like the pregnancy interactions on the sims and I would like to have that for my female couples too. Then maybe I also wouldn't have to break up half of the high school romances, because of the same gender can't have kids issue while playing the immortal dynasty.
A while back someone was working on a mod for this, but unfortunately it was never finished...

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1898 on: July 18, 2012, 05:08:39 AM »
Yes I'd love that too. I love playing female/female couples and I wish they could just get pregnant. I really like the pregnancy interactions on the sims and I would like to have that for my female couples too. Then maybe I also wouldn't have to break up half of the high school romances, because of the same gender can't have kids issue while playing the immortal dynasty.
A while back someone was working on a mod for this, but unfortunately it was never finished...

I've seen a Mod for it recently. I'll see if I can find it again.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
    • Deviant
« Reply #1899 on: July 18, 2012, 05:18:18 AM »

I've seen a Mod for it recently. I'll see if I can find it again.

Nice, thanks! I've been looking for it and when I saw that no one was going to finish it I lost all hope and gave up. I hope you can find it :)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1900 on: July 18, 2012, 05:23:00 AM »
Nice, thanks! I've been looking for it and when I saw that no one was going to finish it I lost all hope and gave up. I hope you can find it :)

Found it. It also has a feature that may break the T for Teen rating, so I'll PM it to you. :)

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
    • Deviant
« Reply #1901 on: July 18, 2012, 05:28:50 AM »

Found it. It also has a feature that may break the T for Teen rating, so I'll PM it to you. :)

Alright thanks! To talk about future improvements: I do hope that they put it in, since there are no mods allowed in the dynasty. Still my other couples are saved ;)

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #1902 on: July 18, 2012, 09:24:23 AM »
Alright thanks! To talk about future improvements: I do hope that they put it in, since there are no mods allowed in the dynasty. Still my other couples are saved ;)

Woohooer by Twallan also does this and does not break the T for Teen rating. All you need is CC for male/male couples then.
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #1903 on: July 18, 2012, 12:36:12 PM »
I also want a Nooboo DNA Bank, what happens if a female Sims doesn't want a husband or boyfriend but wants kids, they have to adopt. But what if they want there own kids? Not that adopting is bad, just sometimes maybe they want to have the thrill of pregnancy. In real life sometimes a couple can't have a child and turns to something like this, why can't Sims?

It'd actually be pretty awesome if they did something like that.. I'm not trying to be sexist or anything, but I always felt a bit weird about the mods that allow male pregnancies just because I prefer realism in my games, but I've always wanted my female gay couples to be able to have a child from some sort of DNA bank. I can't really look at a male's pregnant belly without laughing, though. :P If it was to ever be featured, I think they'd allow it for male gay couples as well just to keep things fair, but I'd personally prefer the adoption process for them.. Or I'd even go as far as to go into CAS and take both sims, turn one into a girl, and then do that "Mix genetics" thing to produce a toddler, then I'd put the toddler there in the house with them both as males, if I really wanted the child to look like them.

There's probably a mod out there that does this, but please can we have an option to allow different life lengths for different files?? And in a similar but probably more complicated vein, I'd really like to have different graphics settings in different files as well. Not sure if that's possible, but with a town like UC I can only play on lowest settings, yet I want to keep my mix of medium/high in the other towns. (I don't know if it can be done, but if there is a mod that my Google searches have missed that allows it, I'd love to know)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1904 on: July 19, 2012, 04:19:39 AM »
By golly I want a 'stand here and don't do anything' option on the pie menu when you click your active sim!!!