Author Topic: Future Sim Improvement Ideas  (Read 386591 times)

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
Re: Future Sim Improvement and New Items Ideas
« Reply #1995 on: August 14, 2012, 09:16:17 PM »
Toddlers can't play in the sandboxes, though. Which is a little silly. I see more real life toddlers play in sandboxes than actual children.

One small thing: recolorable eyelashes! I have wispy, light-colored eyelashes in real life. Even if they're just linked to the eyebrow color, I'd be satisfied. Not everyone has thick, lush black eyelashes.
I would love it if sims could have recolorable eyelashes!  if we ever gain the ability to recolor sims eylashes, just like hair, as in, really detailed, like, ti, middle, and end, nearly all of my sims would have rainbow colored eylashes! :)  Now, for something that I just thought up... sims are in urgent need of more snacks, such as mints, graham crackers, crackers, potatoe chips, popcorn, all the junkfood!  I'm also going to expand on the idea about rollercoasters and say that sims need, not only rollercoasters, but fairs!  Along with fair food.  There would also be kiddie rides, and also scary rides, but not rollercoasters.  And sims would be able to get a moodlet called exhilarating ride!  Or, a terrified moodlet.  If I could make my own expansion pack, they would be able to die by rollercoaster malafunction too, but it would be about as rare as a meteor.  Hence, new death type!  And the ghost would have rollercoasters going around inside of it! ;D  I hope EA makes an expansion for this or something like it and calls it something really crazy!  Like Flying Gerbals!
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Offline TeaPuff

• Nooboo
« Reply #1996 on: August 14, 2012, 11:15:02 PM »
I know that there is an inheritance LTW but wouldnt it be great that a sim actually inherited there parent sims money when they died if the parent sim/s are not in the same household.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #1997 on: August 15, 2012, 07:45:53 AM »
I just came up with this while building a house.. But I wish Sims could lean over balconies in their home and like, admire the view?

EDIT: Maybe a new death would be falling over. ;D

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #1998 on: August 15, 2012, 09:09:43 AM »
And you can get jobs a the amument park! A not rabbithole job! Like cleaning up or working at a food stand!
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1999 on: August 15, 2012, 10:41:54 AM »
For those with Ambitions, being able to choose when you do outside work in the medical career and what you do. Let's just say that playing a vampire doctor is very hard when he's sent to do clinics outside at random. Plus, there are times when I want my doctor sims to enter the rabbithole and leave me alone for a few hours.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #2000 on: August 15, 2012, 01:26:09 PM »
Generation introduced sandboxes Jeana.  And it won't surprise me if kiddie pools come with seasons. 

Yes, but toddlers can't play in them. What a shame!

Offline YZJay

• Occult
« Reply #2001 on: August 16, 2012, 12:56:21 PM »
EA is well known for it's sports games, so a sports themed EP will sure be great. If it does happen, maybe a simlimpics could happen.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
« Reply #2002 on: August 17, 2012, 11:52:30 PM »
EA is well known for it's sports games, so a sports themed EP will sure be great. If it does happen, maybe a simlimpics could happen.
That would be awesome!  But I'd hate to see how much the sim bill rises after my sim wins about 20 gold medals...actually, that depends on the frequency of simlimpics in sims...if they ever get it.  It would be funny if it wasn't the simlimpics, but the llamalimpics!  Well, Will Wright does seem to have a possibly slight interest in llamas, besides, it would be cool if my sim could enter that, and instead of a normal gold medal, get a gold medal with a little llama like picture on it!  Hehe.
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Offline eisande

• Proud Player
  • Townie
  • Reader, Writer, Gamer
« Reply #2003 on: August 18, 2012, 01:08:14 AM »
Some things I would like to see:

- a height slider
- the ability to choose maternity clothes
- more autonomy from NPCs/townies/CAS regarding my Sim (I feel my Sims are always the ones that have to initiate meaningful interactions)
- more variety in Investigator cases

But the one thing I want (aside from world peace) is for the bugs to be fixed!
- Eisande

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #2004 on: August 18, 2012, 02:35:57 AM »
I totally agree with all the comments about elders and toddlers not getting enough attention, I HATE the way they are practically left out of almost every expansion!

No new interactions for toddlers in Seasons?!  I mean come on! Why can't they play in the sand, hide in a pile of leaves and splash in puddles? At least Supernatural has a Rocking horse for them, about time! They should be able to play in the sandbox, in a paddling pool (With adult supervision of course) and get a Tricycle or one of those toy cars they can ride by pushing with their feet.

As for Elders, I agree, the outfits are horrible!  :( I hate how they slouch and shuffle and lose their muscles. None of my Aunts and Uncles, who all 60 years plus btw, do that and one of my Uncles is a big muscular bear of a man who can run & play with the dog easily. I'd like to see more things just Elders can do, like play Lawn Bowls or Bingo maybe and I would LOVE if it if Grannies could Knit. (I hope I didn't offend any older players here by saying that).

I think EA should definitely release a Stuff or Store pack just for Toddlers and Elders. I think we should petition them about the treatment of those two age groups, anyone with me?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2005 on: August 18, 2012, 04:00:04 AM »
As for Elders, I agree, the outfits are horrible!  :( I hate how they slouch and shuffle and lose their muscles. None of my Aunts and Uncles, who all 60 years plus btw, do that and one of my Uncles is a big muscular bear of a man who can run & play with the dog easily. I'd like to see more things just Elders can do, like play Lawn Bowls or Bingo maybe and I would LOVE if it if Grannies could Knit. (I hope I didn't offend any older players here by saying that).

The elders in Sims 3 are the equivalent of people who are 70 to 90 years old, from what I can tell.  That's quite a bit older than your aunts and uncles.  Those extra years make a difference.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2006 on: August 18, 2012, 07:10:29 AM »
Another thing that doesn't quite make sense about Elders is how they walk so slowly and look so old and frail yet when on Athletic Equipment they can run the same as Adults, lift weights easily and yet look so skinny and lanky. It doesn't match up really.

- the ability to choose maternity clothes

You can make a Sim wear custom Maternity Clothes by changing their outfit to one of the clothing items that are compatible and have them wear that recoloured outfit before they start showing.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #2007 on: August 20, 2012, 01:31:34 AM »
Some things I would like to see:

- a height slider...

I have one for neck length (mod) but I've been craving the presence of a height slider for a very long time too. Really, not everyone is equally tall at the same age...
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #2008 on: August 20, 2012, 09:09:24 AM »
There is a height slider out there on MTS, but the main problem is that the animations don't line up when sims are of different heights (and it can only make sims taller; there are apparently lots of problems when making sims shorter). I wish there was a way around it, but we might have to wait until TS4 to get a true variation in heights without problems. :(

doriankelley

« Reply #2009 on: August 20, 2012, 10:09:26 AM »
Regarding the comments about elderly sims, my granddad has one leg and he walks more upright than that!

I have always prevented my sims from becoming elders, and until EA offers diverse and stylish outfits, better posture and muscle mass (half the regular slider would be nice), I shall continue to do so. Losing previous clothing options is the worst part, and why does that happen to adults? They have the same body frame as YA.

Sure you can recolor, but recoloring bad taste is still bad taste with a better design on it.

I feel this way about countless pieces of sims clothing, especially from the base game. In fact I adore that quote so much I ask for your permission to use it in my signature.