Author Topic: Future Sim Improvement Ideas  (Read 386525 times)

Offline YZJay

• Occult
Re: Future Sim Improvement and New Items Ideas
« Reply #2040 on: August 25, 2012, 04:42:01 AM »
We really could use more instruments and careers, like creating a startup.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2041 on: August 25, 2012, 06:10:57 AM »
I think EA should patch the game to make the toddlers less difficult in general. Start letting them ask for stuff again, and give them the options to ask to be put down. Maybe evil toddlers can do evil things like sneak out of the crib, climb on the counters and draw on the walls. (Hey, the last one could improve their art skills. ;)) I got sick of toddlers a long time ago, and the only way I'll survive is if the toddlers have their IF's.

Lol, that would make them more difficult! They'd do what they want then and now what you want them to do..

We really could use more instruments and careers, like creating a startup.

What kind of more instruments? I mean we have Guitar, Bass, Piano and Drums. Do you mean stuff like Violins and Trumpets?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline YZJay

• Occult
« Reply #2042 on: August 25, 2012, 09:10:54 AM »
What kind of more instruments? I mean we have Guitar, Bass, Piano and Drums. Do you mean stuff like Violins and Trumpets?
French horn, clarinet, harp, accordion, flute, saxophone... MORE.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #2043 on: August 25, 2012, 09:24:01 AM »
A general musical skill would be nice, with maybe mini-skills for individual instruments.  That would be a hard one, to go back and change what's already been done, but I wish they'd thought of that from the start.  (They didn't really think the guitar would be the only instrument ever, did they?)  A sim with a high musical skill would do better even starting out on a new instrument, whereas a sim could also learn one particular instrument and not be as good at the others.  TS2 had the violin.  I'd really like it in TS3. :)

Offline YZJay

• Occult
« Reply #2044 on: August 25, 2012, 09:33:10 AM »
Just adding instruments will be the safest way, the virtuoso trait is enough.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #2045 on: August 25, 2012, 10:27:45 AM »
I want all sorts of Brass instruments so I can make a funk/Disco band  ;D
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #2046 on: August 25, 2012, 10:33:54 AM »
I want something a little more simple: an electric bass.

I like stand-up basses as much as the next human, but they look seriously out of place in the game. Borrow an electric guitar mesh, make a slightly altered animation, and you have a decent electric bass for the game. Simple as that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #2047 on: August 25, 2012, 10:47:34 AM »

I like stand-up basses as much as the next human, but they look seriously out of place in the game. Borrow an electric guitar mesh, make a slightly altered animation, and you have a decent electric bass for the game. Simple as that.

This reminds me of something from Sims 2... I think it was a reward you could buy and it was an electric guitar with giant speakers etc (not sure though, I got into Sims when Sims 3 had just come out so I switched over pretty fast)  But buying special rewards like this was cool... I think it was your profession that unlocked it (like new outfits). :)

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #2048 on: August 25, 2012, 01:53:38 PM »

I would also like to see an electric bass. But then again, it would take a whoel EP to do the Music system like we all want it.

Fausta Legacy

Offline Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2049 on: August 25, 2012, 09:09:03 PM »
I would also like to see an electric bass. But then again, it would take a whoel EP to do the Music system like we all want it.

Yeah, I posted about that a few pages back and someone suggested a few ideas for it.  Marching band for Teens was the one I remember the most.

I think it'd be great that if, say, you had more classical instruments (violin, cello, etc.) you could start a different type of band.  Maybe a trio or quartet would be nice.

I agree that that would take a whole EP, though.  And since EA usually caters to much broader categories, I feel like they wouldn't make a music EP because it would only interest those who play instruments/like music.  Maybe a stuff pack?

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #2050 on: August 25, 2012, 10:44:27 PM »
I think that there should be a way to remove certain items of clothing and hair from CAS that I never use. Some of the clothing choices are just not nice looking, and with all the nicer clothes in expansion packs and especially from the store, I feel that they don't need to be displayed.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline YZJay

• Occult
« Reply #2051 on: August 26, 2012, 07:09:32 AM »
Are you sure you will never use those clothes? Ever? Although there will be a way to sort the clothing by expansion in Supernatural.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #2052 on: August 26, 2012, 01:01:50 PM »
Some way to combine Singing and Bands would be nice. Then I could truly have my Sims lay down the Funk  ;D

Fausta Legacy

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #2053 on: August 26, 2012, 08:27:33 PM »
Are you sure you will never use those clothes? Ever? Although there will be a way to sort the clothing by expansion in Supernatural.

Not for sure never ever again, but it would be nice to hide them somehow. Kind of like the top shelf in my closet... there are things up there that I just can't quite throw away, but I prefer to have them stashed out of the way.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #2054 on: August 26, 2012, 08:33:28 PM »
I think, though I don't know for sure, that you can screen clothes and hairstyles by expansion pack.  Or that might be coming with Supernatural.  But that should make it easier cake.