Author Topic: Future Sim Improvement Ideas  (Read 382486 times)

Offline Shadow

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Future Sim Improvement and New Items Ideas
« Reply #2070 on: August 31, 2012, 04:24:49 AM »
When you "forget" to teach a toddler life skills like talking,
when it ages up to a child it needs extra help to catch up with school?
Just makes it a little more realistic :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #2071 on: August 31, 2012, 06:55:03 AM »
I actually quite like that idea. I'd like it to be a bit harder, even if it's just for teens in high school, to get As? Like maybe you could have an interaction on the homework to "work harder" or to just "rush through it" or something to determine how good your work is. Melinda in my legacy constantly skips school and when she's at school, she slacks off or talks to friends and she misses homework quite a lot, yet she graduated with an A.. I just think it'd be cool if the As were a lot harder to get, and same with being Valedictorian. If you just have one child, they tend to come out as valedictorian which kinda annoys me.

They just have it too easy, these sims! :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #2072 on: August 31, 2012, 08:09:08 AM »
I might have said this before, but I'd love it if children inherited traits no matter what.  Total randomization is fun and all, and sometimes it's nice to choose traits, too, but it would be much more realistic if that virtuoso or that hot temper were inherited.  The only way to do that currently is to make your sim have an awful pregnancy.  That's not something that happens much in my game anymore.  I wish the game would choose traits for the baby, with both inheritance and randomness playing some role, and if your sim had a terrific pregnancy you could choose to change the pre-selected traits or leave them, if that's what you wanted.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #2073 on: August 31, 2012, 08:47:07 AM »
If there was a bank that you could get loans from, then Sims in the criminal career, either branch, should be able to rob it.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #2074 on: August 31, 2012, 10:33:18 AM »
I'd prefer that Children/Teens/Toddlers Developed Traits based on what they did, which parent they had the highest relationship with, anda smal;l level of randomness. Being hot-tempered is not genetic (Much)
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #2075 on: August 31, 2012, 12:56:29 PM »
Well the inherited traits, is now getting us into a nature Vs nuture battle. And some players might not like that, and that would resulte in less people playing, and then there's money loss for the owners. -_- So I doute that Sim will ever inherite traits.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #2076 on: August 31, 2012, 01:20:47 PM »
I highly doubt it'd stem into a nature versus nurture battle, it's just a game and not every single aspect to do with the traits is real. For example, since when did actual humans only have 5 main personality traits?

I kinda like the idea of inheriting traits, but at the same time, that'd be really annoying for stuff like dynasties.. There's already a feature in place where kids tend to get bad traits if raised badly or something, so maybe it could be that these traits are still bad but pertain to a certain aspect of the parents? As for when the child has been raised well and we get to pick them, maybe there could be like a "suggested trait" but the game doesn't actually force you to pick it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #2077 on: August 31, 2012, 01:47:57 PM »
I think  Sims should have six traits, but make a few more conflicts between traits, and give traits more connectivity.  IE: The Previous Neurotic + Natural Cook combo.

It would certainly add depth and a bit of humor to the game. "No! Stop cleaning the counter, you just wiped it down an hour ago and no one's used it!" Neurotic+ Neat

Mean Sipirited + Can't Stand Art: " Can't you let the poor artist have a little time between beatings?"

Fausta Legacy

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #2078 on: August 31, 2012, 02:47:02 PM »
I'd prefer that Children/Teens/Toddlers Developed Traits based on what they did, which parent they had the highest relationship with, anda smal;l level of randomness. Being hot-tempered is not genetic (Much)

Maybe, maybe not. That joke's a running gag between me and my mother.

I kind of like the trait system as it is. Maybe make being able to attain a sixth trait a lifetime reward.

Some of the traits are realistic (absent-minded, for example). Others, not so much. Like daredevil. "Extreme" showers? Really?
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #2079 on: August 31, 2012, 02:58:24 PM »
As for when the child has been raised well and we get to pick them, maybe there could be like a "suggested trait" but the game doesn't actually force you to pick it.

That's pretty much what I had in mind.  Traits are already rolled when that screen pops up, based on inheritance and randomness combined (maybe also what Mom did during her pregnancy?)  You can keep those or choose your own, if Mom was kept happy enough.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #2080 on: August 31, 2012, 03:35:31 PM »
I think  Sims should have six traits, but make a few more conflicts between traits, and give traits more connectivity.  IE: The Previous Neurotic + Natural Cook combo.

It would certainly add depth and a bit of humor to the game. "No! Stop cleaning the counter, you just wiped it down an hour ago and no one's used it!" Neurotic+ Neat

Mean Sipirited + Can't Stand Art: " Can't you let the poor artist have a little time between beatings?"

LOL I thought that too, particularly for the vegetarian trait. That trait would've been useful if they didn't always get sick. The Getting Sick part should only happen for Neurotic Sims that are veggie and that's it.

When you "forget" to teach a toddler life skills like talking,
when it ages up to a child it needs extra help to catch up with school?
Just makes it a little more realistic :)

I realize this is a life simulator, but it was never meant to be realistic. I kind of like that Sims have it easy, you know. As a person with learning disabilities, I had a hard time in school, and I would feel bad if my Sims went through the same thing. Yes, they're virtual pixels, but still. Maybe if the game was E for Everyone, and was supposed to be an educational tool, yes, but no thanks. I don't mind the realistic elements, but I like when there's something, unrealistic popping in every once in a while.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #2081 on: August 31, 2012, 06:14:19 PM »
I agree with jeana. I think that people say they want realism, and then they realize that they're not having any fun. Which is realistic.

Another priceless trait combo: Vegetarian+ Evil/Mean Spirited. They don't want to make animal suffer, watch as they violently chop veggies  ;D

Fausta Legacy

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #2082 on: August 31, 2012, 08:07:54 PM »
I'll just say that the worst people I've met often came from great backgrounds. The game is actually quite realistic in how it's handled; a good deal of it is just down to chance.

I once made an evil crimelord who was an eco-friendly gardener. I didn't play him much, but brutally tormenting those who drove SUVs and didn't eat organic would have been awesome.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #2083 on: August 31, 2012, 08:55:52 PM »
I love the idea of having an extra trait slot as a LTR. It would also be good if we could encourage traits in sim children and teens (but it gets harder for teens, as they are less maleable). That way if our sim was born with a trait we don't like, we could nurture it out. And you could get an extra 2 traits if you worked really hard at it. And the nurturing trait would make it easier :D

thesweetestpea

« Reply #2084 on: August 31, 2012, 09:55:55 PM »
Yeah, sorry guys, but I'd say Sims inheriting traits and making the toddler to teen stages harder is a bad idea. It's much too realistic. I kind of like that the young lifestages are a breeze, really. It means I can make my sims what I want them to be. :)

anything