Author Topic: The Long Way Home. Complete.  (Read 51142 times)

Offline yruvian

• Occult
The Long Way Home. Complete.
« on: January 10, 2013, 04:01:21 PM »

I... am Gabriel.
And I should remember never ever to disagree with Mother again... Of course, like all of us, I knew what had happened to the last one who had made that particular mistake. But... that was so long ago, and She has mellowed over the years. Or at least... that's what I thought. Needless to say, I was wrong.

Which is why I'm here, in the middle of nowhere. An exile... for the moment at least.

But maybe I should start at the beginning.
This... is Mother, the last time I've seen her.

She is our uncontested leader... and my kind just lives to please her. It's what we were made for, I suppose.

Mother loves sims with a passion. Sometimes it seems they're the only thing She cares about. Which, of course, is what most of my current trouble is about. I made the mistake of saying that those mortals have it easy, because She gives them everything. Her attention, Her love, Her guidance. I had known for some time that jealousy was in no way exclusive to the mortal Sims, but before this moment, I had never truly felt its sting myself.

My own twin brother had been exiled for his overwhelming jealousy of the mortals centuries ago, along with those he had managed to convince of his truth. Since his banishment, those loyal to Mother had been telling me I am nothing like him... and I had agreed with that sentiment, incapable of doubting the one I love with all my heart and soul. I was Mother's in all aspects.

Even though I didn't truly love Sims the way She most obviously did, I watched and guarded them, because she asked me to. If She loved them, there must be a reason for it...  no matter what Lucifer said. Like my brethren, I couldn't see what was special about them, but that didn't matter. Not really. We watched and protected, because that's what She wanted us to do. But sometimes... their actions struck a nerve.

I still don't remember what set me off this time... but I do remember the shocked silence that greeted my words. All eyes were on me, but only Hers really mattered. I could feel Her disappointment filling the air.

"You want to be one of my favoured ones, Gabriel?" Her voice was deceptively soft. I knew then that I had made a grievous mistake... Maybe if I had apologized right then, everything would have turned out fine. But... I did not. All words died before they could leave my lips. I was stunned by my audacity... and my own unfaithfulness. I couldn't get an apology out, though I wanted to. And I will forever regret that.

She waited, her light eyes on mine, for what seemed like forever. "So be it," she whispered, shaking her head sadly. Then... nausea hit me.

(The one with the wings? That would be me... back when life was good, youth was eternal... and I was still in Her favour.)
When I came to, I found myself on this little empty hill... with Her. She handed me a thick book... "If you want to come home, this is what you have to do. Everything you need is in the cabin. The Fates have already send your guide. He will wake up the moment I'm gone." Her shortness was like a cold shower to me. I don't recall her ever being this brusque before... but I had failed her severely this time.

A last soft touch of Her fingers on my right shoulder... and I could feel my wings disappear. The loss of their weight made me stagger, but it was the tingle of her skin where her fingers had rested that nearly made me weep in sudden sorrow. I knew this was going to be our goodbye... and I already missed her. "And, Gabriel. Don't bother to try and contact us. It won't work, until you finish every single step." A soft, sad sigh, a shake of Her head... and She was gone. I'm still not sure whether it was my imagination, but it seemed as if the wind brought me Her voice again: "Good luck, my son."

I couldn't help the tears from flowing then. I had lost everything with one stupid comment... and a moment of unintended stubbornness. But I had a way back... a way to be forgiven. I was going home, no matter what it took.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: The Long Way Home
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 05:16:48 AM »
Great introduction.  I really like the look of theme of this story.  Bookmarked. ;D
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 11:52:04 AM »
Thank you :). I'll try not to disappoint :).

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 11:55:03 AM »
Welcome to the storytelling community here. Awesome start!

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 12:21:14 PM »
And that's where we stand now. Mother has left me behind, in an empty world, with nothing but the promise of a possible redemption in the future. IF I can follow the guidelines in this immense manual she gave me, I can go home. But I'm used to following orders, so I guess that shouldn't be too much of  a problem. I do miss my wings though.

My first task seems simple enough... I sit down to read through the book carefully. This sounds easier than it really is. I'm not a bookworm and it's a very large volume. It's not exactly light reading either, as it's filled with nothing but a list of rules, restrictions and tasks I have to fulfill before I will be able to return home. I can't help swallowing as I leaf through the pages. This is not going to be easy...

The main task Mother has set me is enormous but I believe it cannot be impossible. She would never give anyone a mission that cannot be finished. It will be a true challenge though. Building a working Sim community from scratch... while I don't know the first thing about even BEING a sim? It sounds daunting, but I know I can do this. In a way, this may be just what I need too... something to show Her that I truly am capable.

The main thing that worries me about the situation I'm in... is the loneliness. I've always been part of a large 'family', with my own kind all around me to joke around with. And here I am, stuck in the middle of nowhere with only one sim companion, who I have yet to meet...

The book only contains dry data on what this companion means for this mission of mine. He is to be my guide in being a Sim. He will also record the proof of my ageing process, in the form of a painting and an ice sculpture of each of my upcoming life states. For the first time in my life, I am going to grow old... and, though I'm curious, I'm not looking forward to that particular event. But I have to age up to elder in order to finish the mission.

Of course, the companion comes with a whole set of restrictions as well.
* Neither he, nor any offspring he is to have, will be able to unlock anything. I'm the only one who can do that.
* I'm not allowed to get romantically involved with him - something that just sounds... wrong... to me anyway. There's a lot of talk about romance in the book, but I just skipped those parts. I'm not planning on getting 'involved' with anyone, let alone a mortal.
* He is not my servant. If he wants to clean or cook for me, that's fine... but I'm not allowed to make him do so. The same goes for anything else that comes up. The only thing I can ask him for, is to make the actual proof of my ageing. (Even though the book states I'm in no way responsible for my companion's messes either. If he has children sometime in the future, they are his responsibility, not mine. Which is a relief.)

I guess now that I've read the book, I should go and introduce myself... it would be the proper thing to do, after all. I'm sure he will be waking up by now. Actually, it's surprising he hasn't shown up yet.

Yes. That's 'him'. My companion's female... and a witch to boot. Her name's Mariska Lightheart. And her darkness is actually hurting my eyes! She's a weird one though. She can't stop thinking about me, no matter what subject I bring up. Even our house doesn't interest her.

During our very first conversation, she actually tries to make a move on me! It's not going to be easy, living with a Hopelessly romantic witch... I guess it's not surprising that she would feel drawn to me. It won't surprise me if our kind is uncommonly attractive to Sims. Needless to say, I feel nothing of the sort for her.

So... I kept this first contact slow and decidedly short. I realize I will need to talk to her more... but right now, I'm just too much in shock. The fates gave me a female Sim as a companion. A hopelessly romantic, family-oriented female sim, who just happens to see me as a possible romantic interest. I just know she'll be trouble... but I cannot get rid of her. There's no way for me to get a replacement artist... and I need her if I am to succeed.

By the way, I'm not that shocked to find she is less than impressed with our house. This picture shows the entirety of it... (I... kind of fled her presence with a book right after our introduction. I doubt this will change anything in her view of me, but I can hope.)

Anyway. The book states that I can only get new things after maxing sculpting... I can't help swallowing as I look at the heavy sculpting station in front of me. Even though I am artistically inclined, messing with clay has never really crossed my mind. It seems such a messy business. Of course, I don't have much of a choice in the matter, do I? So, I pick up the chisel and start hacking away at the clay in front of me... while Mariska just keeps painting right next to me. We don't talk while working, but it feels... pleasant. Much more comfortable than actually having to converse with her.

It's hard to describe what I feel after my first victory over the clay. Of course, we can't do anything useful with a statue, but I made this with my own hands! Since there's no one to sell it to, it becomes the guardian of our front door. My companion's first ever paintings make the cube a little less boring.

While I finish placing it, Mariska starts showing off her witch-powers... by summoning several apples. This is the only food we have at the moment and I'm hungry enough not to mind. I do wonder whether we'll be able to survive on apples alone. I don't really know what she's trying to do with the one very pink apple she's summoned. She has warned me it's not edible, but her attempts at apple-magic leave me baffled. So... I pick up a book to keep her company while she keeps throwing sparks at the thing. After all, I do owe her something for the apples.

When she runs out of magic energy, we switch sides... as I long to learn to paint and she really would like a shot at sculpting. Since we both need to train both skills, I doubt it's much of a problem if we learn both of them simultaneously. Maybe it would be easier to concentrate on a single one first... but it seems Mariska's as bad as I am at sticking with a single thing.

As soon as I manage to max out painting, we can make the bunker look a bit better. It would certainly be a bit more... finished. I'm not really a fan of dull grey...

Of course, I suppose it will take longer to max either skill this way... but we have all the time in the world. I checked: I have more than 40 days before I grow into an adult. That should be more than enough, right? And she has to get both of them up enough to be able to paint and sculpt me, so she doesn't really have much of a choice.

Before we go to sleep, another painting graces the wall... and we now have a pedestal. Not the most useful of results, but then, neither was my own statue. Still, I think we're not doing too badly here. We both roll out our sleeping bags (yes, those are our only 'beds' for now.)

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. Chapter 2: Filling In The Blancs.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 04:16:18 PM »
It seems my companion doesn't care much for another day of non-conversation. Mariska hands me another conjured apple for breakfast.

"We should go to the gallery together. It may give us more inspiration." I immediately realize art isn't on her mind though. What's with this woman?

"I'm afraid we cannot, Mariska," I answer her truthfully, strangely glad of the emptiness that surrounds us. It's odd really, because... we're alone together in any case, whether it's in a theatre or in this shack we have to consider home.

"And why is that, Gabriel?" she whispers, her long lashes trying to woo me into submission. The only thing her seductive winking is doing... is make me feel more uncomfortable with every word she says. I hope we can return to our respective art stations soon.

"There's no gallery on the island." I don't even bother breaking the news gently. After all, she should know that little fact already.

She purses her mouth in thought, taps it with her index finger. "In that case, we should definitely go out for lunch. Get something more wholesome to eat than conjured apples. And maybe while we're at it, we could stop at the grocery store too."

I look at her for a moment, then shake my head. "Mariska. There's also no restaurant, nor a grocery store available. If you really want to leave this cosy little home of ours, you could go to the beach... for a swim or fishing."

Mariska frowns at me. "What do you mean? No gallery, no restaurants, no grocery store? That's impossible! How are you going about starting a dynasty in a place like this?"

I blink at her owlishly. "What 'dynasty'? They did tell you what you're here for when they hired you, didn't they?" I suddenly feel nauseous. Please, tell me they did at least inform you of your tasks.

"Yes. I'm here to be the painter and sculptor for your dynasty." She actually looks angry at me... while I have no idea what she means by a 'dynasty'. And so I can only hope it is more or less what I'm about... though for some reason, I doubt it.

"You're here as painter and sculptor. That much is true. But... could you explain what this dynasty you're talking about entails? Because... you have honestly lost me with that term."

A sudden smile graces her dark face and she nods. "Of course." With that, she launches into an hourlong explanation of what this dynasty stuff is... and I swear my stomach does a back-flip. 8 generations of sims? Not one hair on my blessed head...

"Mariska. Please. Enough." I stop her story, unwilling to hear more of the impossible needs of those dynasties. Just thinking about marrying a sim makes me nauseous... let alone having one as a child. Immortal or not, that is not going to happen. Not with me as a founder.

"You were right about one thing. You're here to be the painter and sculptor for this challenge I've been set. But... I am not the founder of a dynasty. You will only have to paint and sculpt me I'm afraid, not an entire legion of offspring and spouses right up until your death."

She looks at me, an odd light in her eyes. "So. No dynasty. I guess that also means no watcher to guide us."

I can hear the longing in her voice... and recall what she said about those voices. I can feel she wants there to be a 'watcher', where I would like to suffer this in silence... and without anyone knowing of it. The stunned expression on my face must have set her off, because she starts to sigh... right until I shake my head. "Oh, there are watchers, Mariska, I'm certain of that. They won't let me go through this humilation without peeking. But I doubt any of them will let themselves be heard." Of course, my watchers are nothing like the ones she described. We watch and interfere at times, but we do not directly contact Sims. It's against the rules, really.

Though... the only reason they won't talk to me, is that one line Mother spoke before she left. "Do not bother trying to contact us." I know at least some of them will be watching. Some cheering me on, others hoping for me to fail blatantly. Because even at home, there is ambition... and a struggle for position. My uncommon behaviour has given them all a chance at promotion... and I can do nothing to defend my own position while I stay here, fallen from grace.

Mariska stares at me again, her eyes pinched to slits. Then, she nods. "Fine. So, you're doing a challenge and you need a painter/sculptor for it. Are you going to clue me in on the rules of this challenge then?" She seems to think challenges are something to hope for, something someone wants to be a part of. I cannot understand the strangeness of this little mortal witch... and, for sure, I doubt I ever will.

In answer to her question, I just sigh... and throw her the book. "It's all in there." Which... it isn't, really. The book is nothing but the guide to what I'm supposed to do over here. There's nothing about why I have to go through this... or what I will gain by succeeding. Neither is there the damage all of this will do to both my reputation and my status back home. It doesn't even matter whether I'm successful or not.

But Mariska nods. "Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to work on my sculpting some more. I'm sure you'll see why when you finish reading it."

Offline yruvian

• Occult

This... was actually Mariska's idea. After our apple for breakfast, she threw her remaining three apples to me and told me to plant them, so we don't have to live on conjured apples alone. The only reason I didn't throw them back at her... is because I can see she is right. If I don't want to live on her charity and her apples, I will have to start a garden. I also realize that she could easily force me to comply with her wishes by withholding my only source of sustenance...

Aside from her persistence... she also tends to break the sink pretty often. Of course, repairing the damage is my task. According to Mariska, it will teach me handiness, the skill I need to build pretty much anything. And... she keeps telling me it's urgent, as our current walls are filling up with our mutual painting sessions. I guess I have to agree again.

Of course, while I'm planting and repairing, she keeps on practicing her arts... and her magic skills. The latter, when successful, also gives me more seeds. Some of those are decidedly odd though. Like the mandrake, which, according to her, isn't useful for cooking. I have to wonder why I bother planting it then. I suppose it will help my gardening, if nothing else.

Meanwhile, she is hogging the sculpturing station. I now have two portraits of me hanging on the walls... as well as two... others. It seems Mariska has found a favourite topic for her painting. I'm not too sure whether I like where this is going. It seems I cannot even go to sleep in peace any more, as even those previously undisturbed moments are bound to capture her interest. (From left to right: Gabriel asleep, Gabriel at sculpting, Gabriel in daylight and Gabriel by night)

This woman really has some odd passtimes. Our little cabin is slowly stocking up on bugs on one wall... I'm hoping they'll gross her out at some time, forcing her to change them into something a little less... crawly.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Great update.  I enjoy your writing style.  Maybe there are seeds spawning around Gabriel's brave new world so he's not restricted to just apples and mandrake root.  I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Great update.  I enjoy your writing style.  Maybe there are seeds spawning around Gabriel's brave new world so he's not restricted to just apples and mandrake root.  I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Thank you :)

lol. Nope. No spawners yet. I'm still pondering where to place them. But he will be growing more than just apples and mandrake root without having to leave home soon enough. Mariska really is a goldmine for his gardening skill. I never really thought of the advantages of a witch for gardening before this story started... but she has her uses.

The world he lives in really is empty. At the start of the story, there was only the one residential lot where they're living and some parks nearby... I'm playing with CAW in this story as well ;).

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. Chapter 4: The hot witch in town.
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 11:27:30 AM »

It seems the nearby wildlife has found its way to my little vegetable garden... and though I don't mind their presence and have always been rather fond of deer and horses, I do not appreciate them ruining my hard work. Mariska - yes, her again - told me the only thing that will keep them out, is building a fence. For which I need handiness. I nicely asked her to break the sink again, but... she refused. Her advice? "Try tinkering. You may actually upgrade the sink and toilet while you're at it." *sighs dramatically* Why does she have to know all of those things about Sim-life that I do not? I never really thought about messing with the sink just to get my handiness up...

(no pic for this I fear. The whole event was rather unexpected... and I was so surprised I let him put out the fire before remembering to make a screenshot)
At least I have been able to repay her for all her valuable advice. It seems Mariska has spend too much time sculpting in the sun. I was just in time to put her out... or I may have needed to go without company for some time. I don't know how I would handle this without even her awkward companionship. At least, ever since she's read the book, she hasn't tried to come on to me any more. It seems she now realizes nothing will ever come from a union between the two of us.

Her accident has made us realize the danger we're in from our environment though... and we've started trying to spend more time indoors during the hot moments of the day. Of course, regardless of her warnings and her spontaneous combustion, I still usually tend the garden in my underwear. So far, I have gotten nothing worse than a tan out of it.

"How about that trip to the beach, Gabriel? I'm really getting tired of being cooped up here all the time. And you did say there was a beach here, didn't you?" Of course, I give into her wish... as I feel the same way. The dull grey walls of our bunker are getting more irritating every time I look at them. At least the beach is a nice change of view for a while.
And what a view... It seems someone must have stranded on this island before Mother dropped us here.

Our little night at the beach was quite fruitful really. My witch companion now has an ancient dragon as a familiar. The wildlife seems to like her. Still, I'm not sure how long Connor will grace us with his presence, as we still don't have the means to get him a place of his own. I hesitate to tell Mariska about this. She is obviously taken by the little critter.

Now that Mariska has a familiar, she's using her witch powers more every day. Our wall of creepy insects is growing... but so is my garden. I'm now certain my gardening will be the first skill I manage to max out. Once it does, I think I will plant some trees for shade. That may be enough to protect her from catching fire again... *sniggers* After all, if I have to use my portable fire extinguisher again, I'm sure it'll run out of foam right before we have a real emergency!

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 12:22:47 PM »
This is a very intriguing story, and nicely written.  Looking forward to seeing more!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 12:56:42 PM »
Thanks, Schipperke :).

With the chapter that's coming now... I'm just glad this isn't a real challenge, or the story would have been over. The A.I. had a very odd sense of humour...

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. Chapter 5: Betrayal
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 01:06:46 PM »
(Really, sometimes I think I gave Gabriel the insane trait. He gardens outside in his underwear... after which he goes inside, changes into formal... to start repairing the broken sink.

He is a proper sim, so he does like to run around in Formal wear. White, of course. I wonder how he manages to keep it all white... Mariska's definitely the more practical of the household, though she is probably hoping for him to max sculpting and reach the plumbing Handiness Challenge, so she can finally take a shower <.<. In this chapter she also shows a possible hidden trait of her own. It seems neither of them is completely satisfied with the traits I've given them.)

Mariska doesn't seem to like our new doorbell that much. According to her, it's not appropriate for our living conditions. That must be a Sim thing, because... I've been raised to be proper in all situations. So, you'd think I'd know if the new doorbell had anything improper to it, right? There's nothing like the sound of home to make someone feel more comfortable... but, I guess I can't blame her for telling me to stop ringing our doorbell every time I come close to the door. After all, my mission is nowhere near close to its end and each ring takes up some of my time. BING BONG. Right. Back to work. I do love that sound though!

For once, I blatantly ignore her wishes. I am so not changing the doorbell again. The church bells stay. I don't see any use in changing them back... It's much easier to keep upgrading the sink anyway. I suppose it's terribly selfish of me to only follow Mariska's guidelines when they advance my quest... but I'm not giving up my bells!

I was right about Connor too. The dragon didn't stay around long... and so I'm hoping another trip to the beach will ease Mariska's pain. I go on ahead, as she's still waking up. She'll meet me at the ocean's edge... I'm quite lucky she's late too: otherwise she would have seen me fall while throwing out my line. I know I'll probably never hear the end of it if any of my brethren saw this. At least I'll only have to worry about that when I finish, and I think falling on my bum while fishing will have me laughing along then, instead of feeling utterly clumsy, as I do right now.

The moment she joins me, she draws my attention... and suddenly we're in each others arms. Some part of me feels something is wrong, but for the moment I don't even understand what.

She laughs and jokes, befriends another familiar (a bird this time) and, before we go back, she tells me she really would love to learn gardening as well. We start her off as soon as we get back.

Yes! My very first maxed skill: gardening! Mariska is right by my side, smiling all the way.

"You've been had, Gabriel," a mocking voice sounds all around me. "You just lost your only way home... and you don't even realize what's happened. You can be such a dope, bro!"

"Az?" I whisper, confused. "What do you mean? And how come you're talking to me? I thought there would be no contact between me and any of you during my exile?"

"I mean your pretty little witch has bespelled you into falling in love with her. She prepared for your outing at the beach, Gabe, with a Blessing of Love. The moment she talked to you, you fell for her head over heels. Remember what was in the book: you are not allowed to engage in romantic relationship with your companion. She has actively failed you, my dear brother."

There is no regret in Azaziel's voice as he explains the matter to me. I... only feel devastated. I understand that he's right. My only way home.... closed, because of that lovesick fool of a witch... And I was actually starting to pass the very first milestone too. Suddenly I don't feel so bad about keeping the church bells any more.

"Gabriel," another voice softly interferes in my bleak mood, a voice I know nearly better than my own. I hang my head in defeat. Her voice will be the last contact...
"Your challenge is not forfeit. After all's said and done, my judgement on this is final. You have kept your distance. You've made it clear to her why you couldn't be hers, ever. She used her magic to lure you in, regardless of the damage that would do. Tell her you just want to be friends. It will break her heart, but she'll get over it. She only set herself up for it.
But, Gabriel, do forgive her for this misstep. Mariska doesn't understand what it is your fighting for. To her, challenges are nothing but a game... even though she realizes it will be a game that will cost her life before the end. Because that is the fate of a dynasty painter: to die, while those that have brought the painter in get to live forever."

I swallow. The good part of me doesn't want to break Mariska's heart, even though she has betrayed me in a most vile way. I know I won't have a problem forgiving her. That, too, is part of my creation. The proper side of me? Well... let's just say the insult will have to wear off. I can't believe she'd use her magic on me like this.

So yes, I managed to break the news to her. We're still best friends, Mariska and me, though... I don't think I will trust her as completely as I did before the event. She is now nursing a broken heart. I can only hope that won't make her even more dangerous to  my mission here. I'm glad Mother understood the matter though. That cheers me up a bit, I admit.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. Chapter 6: Abducted!
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 04:54:58 AM »

I've been abducted! I was just minding my own business, changing the upgrade on our sink yet again, when I just knew instinctively there was something I needed to investigate outside. I ran out, straight towards a ring of lights. A space ship came and took me away.

Everything is fine though. They only wanted to know what two sims are doing on a long abandoned island, all by ourselves. I didn't tell them a thing, of course. I'd rather not become an interesting project for aliens on top of everything that's going on. The mission itself is punishment enough, without having the entire galaxy watching me from the tip of their couch, hoping to see me fail.

Right now, it's hard for me not to try and talk to Mother about it. Now that I know for certain that she's watching, it will be much harder not to attempt contacting Her... or one of the others. Even Az would be nice to talk to, if Mariska's odd Sim ways become too much for me again. I don't really feel comfortable around her any more. I always expect her to pull another stunt like that again.

I know I can't though. I'm sure that kind of active breaking of the rules on my side won't sit well. I've been given a second chance at this already... And so, I can only keep on pretending no one is there. I feel even more of an exile now, knowing that they're there, looking on.

(Autonomy for sims is rather hard to understand sometimes... Usually Mariska sticks to Play with Magic, but I'm keeping an eye on her since she pulled the love spell out of her hat. And Gabriel, who was just working on the sink, drops everything and rushes out... in his underwear, of course... to get abducted by a space ship 'next door'. There's really no way he could have seen the ship, so I'm guessing the aliens have telepathic powers and called to him.)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: The Long Way Home. Chapter 6: Abducted!
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 07:01:55 AM »
This is a very well-written and engaging story. I really like Gabriel and Mariska. Welcome to the forum! (Better late than never, I suppose  :P)

anything