Author Topic: Union Cove Chronicles - 16th Chapter - China, first week of adventuring  (Read 14371 times)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
Home is where your heart is

As she put the belt on her seat and listen to that official landing speech of the the captain, her eyes went toward the window next to her seat.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are preparing to land at Union Cove Airport in around 10 minutes and we are on time. The weather around Union Cove Airport is clear and sunny, and we are looking at an easy descent. Thank you for flying with us today."

As the plane lose height and her heart beats went up, her mind wondered in the past. Union Cove certainly looks sunny today, unlike that scary night when they crashed their ship in a storm on the shores. That was the last time she felt fear, and even then she had comfort in herself and her crew.
Five years they lived and worked together.. on a ship, or better say in few cabins and on the deck, and occasionally in some deserted island in the middle of nowhere. They survived and even thrived, after countless sleepless nights of researching maps and coordinates with Carl; countless hours, days and months of arguing with Captain Steven and Hansum the Med; trust she shared with Panther and The Jades..  Responsibility to defend and guide the mission in a right direction made her heart and mind into a true soldier, as she was made to be behind her fragile appearance. Fighting spirits in a big city and mummies in ancient pyramids were nothing compared to fighting her own demons that came up in this special mission. After 5 years of being stuck with each other, the crew became a family, family that each needed in some way, and she took the role to direct and protect all of them. That night on Union Cove shores was the only time she had glimpse of the doubt in her success, until the morning came. Ahh the mornings in Union Cove are still magical as that one was..
She could still remember how Steven rushed toward the Crater and it took them all day to track him down, it is still a mystery how he knew it even existed! His wife Nicole and their dog Odin searched for him and end up finding the place for their home to settle, next to another mysterious site in this magic valley. Later she did find Steven exhausted from all the excitement, gathering some strange rocks under that strange white tree in the middle of the Crater. She took him home and settle their colorful family. His work is still there and he is as dedicated to that research as he was dedicated to the crew.
Mie was seduced by the orchids near the lake and by stunning view of the waterfalls. Hansum, loving her endlessly, put all the effort to build her their dream house and is now caring for the health of the community as well as he care for his family.
Panther and The Jades finally felt they are safe. That was the first time she ever saw them truly happy. They settled near the ship crash and soon made a home out of it.
She and Carl had more work to do. From reporting to Higher Counsel to organizing the whole city, it took some time untill they could have their own new fresh starts. Carl moved into a big castle near the Upper lake, and got two of his most trusted friends to help the ruling of the community, he moved in his Dreamgirl but lately it seems he realized she was perfect only in his dreams. She dissapeared quietly like she never existed.
Angela got to chose and select first settlers into UC and organized the whole inhabitation! Ah the thrill she had when James confirmed not only his donation but his arrival with The Artist colony! Union Cove needed that friendly artistic spirit to maintain the magic! And speaking of magic, Hebe came too with Thea The Voice. It was amazing that Thea find the Union Cove so appealing that she decided to materialised herself and get a simlish life of her own. Daemon agreed to come and take care of security in this world, while many other fantastic Sims started to move in. One of the best  things that happen to UC was when famous architect Moira agreed to move in with her partner/boyfriend and work in Urbanistic Planning Department of UC.

As plane touched the ground in unexpected, slightly rough landing, her mind came back to present. In her stomach she felt guilt tying the knot.. first night apart and she even had fun. On times he wasn't even on her mind! Cloud of worries with shine of sadness covered her beautiful face as she was nearing her home.

"My darling.." was all she managed to say.

This is the story about what we as a team and our Sims went trough while "discovering" Union Cove, and what I see the future for some of them (Sims) is. Reality and fantasy is mixed up and hard to separate as Sims are part of the fantasy world, while we all communicated on a personal level. I hope that this story will bring the idea of Union Cove closer to all of you as it is for us that were directly involved in making it.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Union Cove Chronicles
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 05:36:58 PM »
What a beautiful and intriguing start to your story!  I can't wait to read more about your heroine and her precious little darling.  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 06:36:35 PM »
This is looking great! The first photo of Union Cove is brilliant! Can't wait to read more.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Louise56

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 01:38:11 AM »
Wonderful idea for a story! I can't wait to read more. :)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 09:46:58 AM »
What a beautiful and intriguing start to your story!  I can't wait to read more about your heroine and her precious little darling.  :)

Thank you Schipp! It is very flattering to intrigue a master of intriquing story :D

This is looking great! The first photo of Union Cove is brilliant! Can't wait to read more.

Thank you Gogo, I am hoping to get some perfect photos for this story and I am glad you like the begining!

Wonderful idea for a story! I can't wait to read more. :)

Thank you Louise, this idea is pretty old but with Seasons and other things settled seems like it is the perfect time to finaly play with it.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 11:09:37 AM »
Ana -> Anushka -> Angela -> Ana

First it was Ana. Curious loner looking for adventures and skilling up, ended up in a world where most were hiding behind the nick while still friendly to each other. That is how she became Anushka. There was no intention to stick around, or find friends, just gathering informations and get some help to have some fun in her little world. After some time has passed, it was clear that she need to settle in, even if just for a place to return and wash the laundry. Being practical, she chose the Big City, Bridgeport as the best place for loner. That may sound strange, but she knew that in big city she won't be forced to know her neighbors, their names and birthdays, or spend time saying hi to everyone in the line in grocery store. Bridgeport seemed as the best possible solution and that is how she became Angela, the Collecting Queen.

Then her life kind of lost the firm direction she had. Chasing spirits of the big city, and ancient protectors of the rare relics were not the only thing she did, and she experienced some love, and pain from it too. Mostly pain. One precious result from all of that was her son. For him, she would go trough all of that all over again. Once she became a mother, world stopped spinning around her and everything was different. Her mind was set on what would be the best for him, not for her, and that certainly required some changes. That is why that offer to be a quartermaster was something she couldn't refuse. So she sold the appartment and stuff in it, all relics she got in her adventures, and went off to look for a better life for her and her son.
It was expected to last few weeks and people on board were carefully chosen, and good role models for her son to be around. Having a toddler on the ship was beyond stressful but thankfully, there were other kids too, and 2 dogs she could trust to guard her son. And he seemed to love the ship, the sea and whole strange life settup there- or he just grew to like them after 5 years. Either way, he was never affraid, always dedicated to his current interest, and always smiling. His big warm smiling eyes were cheering up everyone around him, and the care he showed to her was the best stress relief she could have. Each unexpected hug and kiss from him, every time he called her "mama".. would warm her heart and strenghten the dedication to do her best to provide what is best for him. And made her feel blessed for having him.

Finding herself in a position to protect the crew, she did it with passion she never knew she had. Was it for her son being the part of it, or for all the wonderful people there - it is not even important. They all do grew as close as a family anyway.
Growing that close she realized that hiding behind the nick was not fair enough. All this became far more important for her and they turns out to be precious people she wants to keep in her life, and not being open can prevent that. This loner had to collect the strenght and that is how they find out she is Ana. Once they settled in Union Cove, her close friends knew who she was but she still hide it from the world. Now, she had it all. Perfect house and a garden, best friends in walking distance, friendly community without obnoxious noisy neighbors, and most beautiful world to live in. At first it was wonderful, after all the excitement everyone welcomed some steady pace in their lives. But as Alen's birthday came close, she realized how fast he is actually growing. In a matter of days, he will go to school.. with each day he is needing her less and having more and more of other interests and important people in his life. And she knew that was the right thing to happen. Only.. she was too close to become that needy mother not letting her kid to grow up. It was time for her to pick up on her own life before she became a mother, and start building it up again. Her son need a time to breath and grow up, and he needs a happy stable mom for it. And for that, she need to do some things.
First was to call her boss.
First, job in Sunlit Tides is done.
Second, my name is Ana, not Angela.
And third, I quit!

"Yes, well done! Ohh OK whatever you say Ana..  What!? No way..are you sure you don't just need a break? No problem, just come back when you want..

"Not a break, I am done. Don't take it personally, I'll send someone for my staff.
Her boss was Lurch Adams and he looked like he escaped from a horror movie, but was more wierd than scary. Either way, she was not the type for 9-5 office work, even with nice trips like she just had. She would rather spend time with her son and on adventures than locked in that office all day long.

Free at last..

Next in line was checking up the real estate and her supplier.

Happy with the result, she went on to see it for herself. Perfect garden was finaly moved, even if it was a nightmare to arrange, nothing is impossible for her to achieve once she set her mind to it. But what is even more precious, the Gem Collection arrived safely. They were waiting for a green light from her, and it was time to deal with that.

Down the street, just accross her dear friends Hebe and Thea, big empty lot was waiting. Her mind was working fast and smile couldn't be hidden.

While chest with gems arrived to her home:

Finally, time for that birthday party to organize! Calling old friends and catching up was just what she needed.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Union Cove Chronicles - 2nd Chapter
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 11:51:32 AM »
This is so exciting, reading about Ana and her new life in Union Cove.  She's certainly a lady who likes to explore new adventures.  I wonder what she's planning?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 11:57:11 AM »
I'm looking forward to meet her old friends. :)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 07:44:18 AM »
This is an amazing story, Anushka! I can't wait to read more about Ana's adventures in Union Cove! I wonder who her friends are?

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 09:20:29 AM »
Thank you Schipperke, Louise and Audren, I am sure you will recognize some if not all of her friends and am looking forward to share their adventures with you :D

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 09:44:53 AM »
James Douglas

I am sure all know James. For few of you who don't, here you can read his (first) life story.
James was kind enough not just to donate some money for Union Cove - Douglas Clan had more than they could ever need; but he decided to settle there too. Well, not really forward looking to that, Douglas wanted to do something as a tribute to his late wife Holly, artist that helped him lead the Clan all the way to immortality. So he set a competition and got 4 of the most promising young artists, all very different in their personalities. Seems like all of them are showing some parts of Holly she never got a chance to show, being busy with dynasty requirements.
For some time, he was content with what he do, fishing in the backyard pond in this interesting busy place. That was the peaceful part - the backyard.

Inside it was a party all the time! Well it sure looked like it was!

To be honest, James was young adult too - but only according to his birth certificate. His memory was still there.. some were more faded than another but he certainly was wiser and needed less excitement than his roomates. His favorite spot for fishing was lake. Far from everyone behind the noise from the waterfalls, nature was present in all it's beauty and he was able to emerge himself in it.

With those calming habits it was easier to handle his roomates but also clear that is not what he can do for long. His past life and memories slowly faded and left him with pure heart and wise mind.
One day, while on his way to his favorite spot, he saw out-of-this-world sight. Like hypnotised and with goofy face, he went to meed this extraordinary beauty only to find out she is unique inside as she is outside. If there was any trace of love for Holly left after all this years, one look at her erased it all.

After meeting her, his trips to the lake were excuse to walk by her house and maybe catch a sight of her again, and to lose in his fantasies in the peace of the nature. Sadly she seemed to be busy and workignon strange hours, but he was hopefull. He couldn't say for sure if she was interested in him from that conversation they had - he was lost in her eyes to remember what either of them said; but as his phone rang, he remembered they have a mutual friend - friend that he can count on to help him. Joy filled his heart as he talked to his friend.

..Just make sure she is coming too..Yesss!

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Union Cove Chronicles - 3rd Chapter James Douglas
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 09:53:45 AM »
Oh, it's so nice to see James again!  He's one of my all-time favourite Sims, and I'm so glad he's found someone new to love.  Now, fingers crossed for her to feel the same towards him.   :)

Louise56

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 10:01:32 AM »
I think I know who the lady with the red hair is, but I can be wrong lol. I hope he get his new love. :)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 10:33:56 AM »
I believe I know Ms. Redhead, too. Very happy to see James again!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 02:31:04 PM »
James Douglas has got excellent taste in women. Wonderful story Ana it is so nice to see some old friends.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

anything