Author Topic: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Bedtime Story (55)  (Read 27060 times)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: The Ageless Fire (25)
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2013, 06:57:36 AM »
The Ageless Fire

DeeDee was never very good at running, but pursuing a taxi in the middle of winter that you must follow unless you want your bosses to slam down on you really does a number on your cardio.

Of course, keeping pace with a taxi is difficult at the best of times, and with Subject 11 in the backseat, these were not the best of times. Even as a passenger, he was manic. DeeDee had been forced to tail him once while he was actually driving, and it was not a pretty sight.

Her investigations on Subject 11 had been ramped up ever since she had received her new assignment. After the incident in France, DeeDee had been "gifted" with the riddle that Thor had left behind. She was as perplexed by the riddle as Thor was, but she hoped that at least part of it might have something to do with Subject 11, and so she continued her watching with increased vigour.

In this case, she was also watching his computer screen. She could see from the table nearby that he was searching various databases on the local plants in Moonlight Falls. At first the plants were relatively tame, like onion and mushrooms, but soon ingredients of a most unusual variety began popping up, including one that was most curious to DeeDee. Life Fruit.

When Subject 11 left the library, DeeDee followed. After another harrowing taxi ride, he had arrived at the nearest gypsy caravan and began to harvest the plants that grew under the trees. DeeDee hadn't been sure exactly what type of mushrooms he was researching online, but now she could smell them, and that both worried and excited her.

Most of the puzzle remained a mystery, but at last part of it was slowly becoming clear.

One the most difficult parts of DeeDee's job was figuring out where Subject 11 was hiding out at any given moment, for of course he had never settled down anywhere in Moonlight Falls. She could still remember with agony the night where she walked down practically half the town to find his latest residence. In the middle of a snowstorm. (That had not been one of DeeDee's best days)

This time, of course, she could follow Subject 11 home, and tonight home was the Goth house. As she came closer to the premises, DeeDee was struck with a familiar whiff; the same smell of the mushrooms Subject 11 had just harvested. This smell seemed to radiate from the house itself, though. DeeDee's prediction seemed to be more and more true the longer she investigated.

There was one last step that DeeDee had to go through before she felt that her theory was confirmed, and that was to find the ingredients. Her first (and best) instinct was to search the trash can. Ordinarily, one wouldn't dive through the trash in order to find anything, but DeeDee knew better. Ghosts don't need trash cans, so she could safely assume that whatever was in here was the property of the only human resident: Subject 11.

Not long into her search, she found everything she needed. Chemicals, plants, ingredients of all types. She was tempted to peek into the house itself to try to find the chemical table, but her better judgement overruled her. Besides, she didn't need any further confirmation. Most of the riddle was still as obstruse as it had ever been, but one line was now clear.

Offline Blayzen

• I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! =P
  • Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2013, 07:32:49 AM »
Amazing update, as always. Poor Fenris, he has lost his beloved Thor! Now what will become of him? As for Ronin, she's in for quite an adventure if Gillian is the one who will be joining her! Muahaha, can't wait to see how that plays out...  ;)
Tenshin - A Bachelorette Bromance =)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ombradellarosa

• You can call me Rosa :)
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Follow Brooke on The Mole!
« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2013, 02:46:41 AM »
So mysterious! What are the mushrooms with the distinctive smell?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By intl_incident                                                      By samoht04

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Conversations with Dead People (26)
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2013, 10:29:27 AM »
Conversations with Dead People

A blazing inferno swept as far as Thor could see. Everything around him was burning. Thor could not recognize the house he was in, though to be fair Thor didn't think anyone could recognize it, in the state it was in. The room he was watching seemed to be some sort of entrance hall, but nobody would be entering this house anytime soon.

Now he was in the living room, which seemed to be the eye of the firestorm. Thor did not seem to move at all, and he got the distinct feeling that he was not truly here. Fortunately, in this case, for Thor found it unlikely that anyone could have survived.

And yet, even as Thor watched the inferno in horror, he could just barely make out a face, surrounded by the fire that was engulfing her home. Who is this, he wondered, and did she make it out? Thor's heart hoped that she somehow escaped, but his gut felt otherwise.

And now he was awake, lying on a beach. For a desparate moment he thought he was back in Moonlight Falls, but a quick look around told him otherwise. For one, Moonlight Falls did not have cliffs like that. And Loki was still with him. Thor was forced to conclude that he was still, in fact, quite dead, although the scenery was certainly a nice change from the Void he had been living.

Slowly, Thor rose to his feet, and found himself standing side by side with his fallen brother. They both looked flesh-like and not at all transparent, which eased Thir's mind considerably. Being a ghost did not do wonders for one's mental state.

Loki: Welcome to the Afterlife, brother! Quite a beauty, isn't it?
Thor: Forgive me for not cheering, Loki. A beautiful afterlife is still an afterlife.
Loki: Touche. At least the people here are nicer. Not so hairy. Except for Barbra.
Thor: I'm not going to ask.
Loki: I wish I were so lucky. Hey, I'll take you on a tour of the town. Let's go!

Loki was quick to head out, bu Thor lingered for a moment. He couldn't get those images out of his head. He knew he hadn't really been there, of course, but the sheer intensity of the visions were unshakable. Thor couldn't help but consider the possibility that the fire was related to his adventures in the mortal world. But I'm not going to have much of a say in that anymore, am I? he thought somberly, and he followed his brother into town, where they met a most unusual person.

Thor: Who's that?
Loki: Oh, him? That's just Mark. He's been a bit crabby even since he died.
Thor: How'd he die?
Loki: Ranting about Death. He didn't even have University yet!
Thor: Ouch.

Mark: I can hear you talking about me! How was I supposed to know ranting was fatal now? Nobody ever told me that!
Loki: Am I the only one who thinks it's ironic that you're still ranting after you were killed by ranting?
Mark: Don't mock me, Loki! You haven't been having these dreams like I have! You don't know what it's like to see someone else's life in your own head!
Thor: Wait, dreams?

Mark: And what do you want? Come to mock me like your brother?
Thor: No, not at all Mark! I've had dreams like that, too.
Mark: Of course you have! Every newly deceased Sim has dreams like that. Your brother's been dead so long he's forgotten the plights of us younger souls!
Thor: Well, is there a way to deal with it? Someone to talk to?
Mark: Well, there is the Admiral. But he doesn't take kindly to outsiders, especially not one like you.
Thor: Can you take me to him? Please?
Mark: *sigh* All right, but leave Loki behind.

Mark led Thor to an old cottage. While most of the houses weren't exactly modern, this one seemed to be ancient. Thor marveled at how well-maintained the cottage was even after all these years. This must've been where the Admiral lived, and Thor had a feeling he knew this particular admiral's name.

Arabella: Don't even knock, will you? The Admiral doesn't have time for all you recently deceased!
Mark: No, it's not like-
Arabella: And he's already spoken to you, Mark! Twice in this past week. You got killed by yelling at people, get over it!

The Admiral: Now now, that's enough Arabella. I've been waiting to speak to this particular soul. Please, have a seat Thor.

Thor: Admiral Langraab, I presume?
Admiral Langraab: Oh, good. I hoped my portraits would help you recognize me. I thought they were terrible.
Thor: No, the portraits are hideous. You're just the only admiral I know. You have a lovely house, I must say. Truly electrifying.
Admiral Landgraab: Well, as my mother says, "You can never be too careful." Sorry those traps got you killed. I'd have liked them to be disabled by now, but I was overruled.
Thor: So, why were you so interested in talking to me?

Admiral Langraab: I always make it a point of befriending those poor souls who die by my influence, especially one who was actively combating those aliens.
Thor: Not a big fan, I take it?
Admiral Langraab: Do they have any fans? Besides that foolish Sergeant Curious. What an idiot, he was. Besides, I heard Arabella mention that you've had visions? 'Tis not uncommon for newly departed to have such dreams.
Thor: I saw a great fire, larger and wilder than any I had ever seen. The house was burning everywhere I turned. I can't think of a way anyone inside could've survived.
Admiral Langraab: What a vivid image! Is there anything else you saw.
Thor: Yes, I did. Right before I woke up, I saw a face in the fire. A woman, I think.

As Thor described the woman he saw in the blaze, Admiral Langraab's mind began to race. Oftentimes, he couldn't offer these souls any answers to their visions, or indeed much of anything besides comfort. This vision, though, The Admiral did have an answer for, but not one he could give. As Thor continued to discuss his dream, Admiral Langraab hoped that he would not ask the one question he could not answer. A faint hope, and not one that would be served.

Thor: Have you seen a woman like this here? Is she still alive?
Admiral Langraab: I'm afraid I don't recognize her. She must've managed to escape.
Thor: I hope so. Thank you for your time, Admiral.
Admiral Langraab: My pleasure, Thor. Please come back any time you need to talk.

Loki: So how did your meeting with Admiral Pompous go?
Thor: He said he didn't recognize the woman, but I can't shake the feeling that he wasn't telling me everything.
Loki: Yeah, we dead folk have a knack for crypticism.
Thor: Don't have to tell me twice. I just wish there was a way for me to talk to someone who's still alive. Not much chance of that happening, I guess.

Loki: Who says you can't?

(This update owes its setting to the marvelous world of Green Dolphin Island, created by DeLouche. Any readers of her Immortal Dynasty may recognize some of the locations. Big thanks to DeLouche for allowing me to use your world!)

(PS: If you know the reference in the title, I will love you forever  ;D)

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2013, 12:00:50 PM »
Oh wow! Awesome chapter! Have you read American Gods (love that book!), by any chance? I can see some parallels in this chapter.

Also, Green Dolphin Island cameo! *does happy dance*

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2013, 01:41:15 PM »
Oh, now that was fun! I must say I love the Admiral, and Arabella is such a character.

The plot thickens. It's like there are two parts to the puzzle, one that must be solved on the living side, and the other in the afterlife. I am completely intrigued!

Offline ombradellarosa

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2013, 08:11:22 AM »
This story gets more mysterious and complex by the day. That face in the flames looks terribly familiar. I love the Admiral! You mush have bought the Versailles set. What a perfect usage. Poor Mark, dying by ranting before he even had University :(

By intl_incident                                                      By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blayzen

• I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! =P
  • Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2013, 11:25:43 PM »

I know the reference in the title but you've sworn me to secrecy! Can I at least give out hints? Please? Pretty please?   :-X

As for the rest of the update, I am desperately interested in seeing what tricks Loki has up his sleeve! Is it possible that he can really help Thor speak to the living? And if he can, who should Thor try to contact? Gillian, A, or should he risk everything and try to get some answers out of that sneaky Riddlemaster?

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2013, 01:12:32 PM »

I missed this first time reading, but.... I'm nigh on certain that I know what you're talking about. Does 7:7 mean anything? A little cryptic, but you practically wrote the crossword on cryptic clues! (Terrible joke - I slay myself.)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2013, 05:56:01 PM »
Oh wow! Awesome chapter! Have you read American Gods (love that book!), by any chance? I can see some parallels in this chapter.

Also, Green Dolphin Island cameo! *does happy dance*

I missed this first time reading, but.... I'm nigh on certain that I know what you're talking about. Does 7:7 mean anything? A little cryptic, but you practically wrote the crossword on cryptic clues! (Terrible joke - I slay myself.)

I haven't read American Gods yet, though I've been eye-balling it. I had a feeling that Green Dolphin Island would show up eventually in one of my stories, and here it is!

"7:7" "slay myself" Hehe. Yeah, that's the reference. I was hoping someone would catch it.  Yay for Buffy! ;D

Oh, now that was fun! I must say I love the Admiral, and Arabella is such a character.

The plot thickens. It's like there are two parts to the puzzle, one that must be solved on the living side, and the other in the afterlife. I am completely intrigued!

Arabella was supposed to be more prominent in this update, but her segments kept getting shorter and shorter. Don't worry, she'll show up again, as will the Admiral.

This story gets more mysterious and complex by the day. That face in the flames looks terribly familiar. I love the Admiral! You mush have bought the Versailles set. What a perfect usage. Poor Mark, dying by ranting before he even had University :(

I didn't buy the whole Versailles set, but I bought those items. I didn't think I'd use any of the others, since I didn't find anything there that would suit Arabella. When I first saw those death types, I was quite confused. It was only later that I figured out where they came from. Poor Mark, indeed.

I know the reference in the title but you've sworn me to secrecy! Can I at least give out hints? Please? Pretty please?   :-X

As for the rest of the update, I am desperately interested in seeing what tricks Loki has up his sleeve! Is it possible that he can really help Thor speak to the living? And if he can, who should Thor try to contact? Gillian, A, or should he risk everything and try to get some answers out of that sneaky Riddlemaster?

Well, you did get DeLouche to look for it, so you did help! Sort of.

Offline Blayzen

• Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2013, 11:25:59 PM »

"7:7" "slay myself" Hehe. Yeah, that's the reference. I was hoping someone would catch it.  Yay for Buffy! ;D

Well, you did get DeLouche to look for it, so you did help! Sort of.

Well, gee...At least I'm good for something  ::) Buffy fans are the best! BtVS inspired my very first household - Back when Buffy was still on the air and there was only The Sims. No expansions or stuff packs to be found...We were so limited in those days  ;)

Louise56

« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2013, 08:04:02 AM »
Awesome update! Very interesting indeed. :)

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2013, 12:29:11 PM »
BtVS inspired my very first household - Back when Buffy was still on the air and there was only The Sims. No expansions or stuff packs to be found...We were so limited in those days  ;)

Ha ha, I had a Buffy household in my first game of The Sims as well! Oh, those halcyon days...

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2013, 04:43:25 PM »
I've just been getting caught up.  This story keeps getting better and better!  I loved Admiral Landgraab.  :D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Resurrection (27)
« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2013, 07:40:29 PM »
Resurrection

For the third time in a week, Gillian was meeting with Old Copperhead. At least, that's what she called him. She (correctly) assumed that the totem was of alien origin, but its purpose was a mystery even to her. As far as she knew, Old Copperhead was only good for talking to in order to get some advice.

Sadly, just like the last two visits, the totem could not give Gillian the advice she needed. It was time for more drastic measures.

Most Sims thought that death was a final fate. The end. Gillian knew that to be false, for she had read the wise words of a mysterious sage known as Metro. He had revolutionized the concept of using the rare dish of Ambrosia to grant immortality. In the months that followed this discovery, Gillian came across the writings of another great sage known only as Pam, who also claimed that Ambrosia could bring ghosts from the afterlife back to, well, life. Gillian found the whole idea interesting, but only now had she really considered duplicating their discoveries.

If she could find the books, of course. Gillian had misplaced them some years ago, not really thinking that they might come in handy. Now, of course, she was kicking herself. If she had just kept a hold on those books, she would be fine. But no! She had to go and lose them, and now she had to find them all over again. Easier said than done.

The store owner was understandably baffled by Gillian's request for, "books about Ambrosia, immortality, and the resurrection of ghosts." Can't blame him, really.

Having hit a dead end with the ordinary consignment store, Gillian was forced to turn to more... unconventional stores.

At this point, Gillian was faced with two options. She could start scanning the bookshelves for signs of the book she was looking for, but something was calling out. A strange, unexplainable urge to examine the store's furniture. One item in particular.

Not five minutes later, Gillian was passed out in the rocking chair. The lure was simply too strong to resist. Unfortunately, even the bliss of the rocking chair would have to end eventually, and soon Gillian was searching the shop for her book.

It was not long before Gillian came across her beloved book. Here, in this book, was the secret to bringing Thor back. She eagerly began reading, but her excitement quickly faded to disappointment. The process of cooking Ambrosia was far more complex than Gillian could've imagined. There were so many things involved, and she had no idea where to start. She was considering her options when her phone rang.

Valerie: Meet me at the coffeehouse. It's about the resurrection.

Gillian: Well, that was strange. Might as well go see her, though. Maybe there'll be fish.

Valerie was not a patient woman, even less so when her contacts were late. She had been told that Gillian Flynn was somewhat unreliable, but even she couldn't get away with tardiness.

Gillian: Sorry I'm late. I saw the cutest little butterfly, and I knew it had to be mine.
Valerie: Of course, of course. Please have a seat.

Valerie: My client knows all about Thor and his unfortunate death. She also knows that you understand the occult better than perhaps anyone else. She would like to propose a partnership.
Gillian: And who is this mysterious client of yours? She's not one of those alpacas, I hope! So full of themselves! Just because they can spit farther than llamas doesn't mean they get to act all high and mighty!
Valerie: No, nothing like that. I believe you've met my client before. Does the name Ronin mean anything to you?

Gillian: Oh, you work for Ronin? I saw her at Thor's funeral. She seemed like a nice girl. What's her interest in Thor? He's not exactly a Grade-A seagull, if you catch my meaning.
Valerie: I don't, I'm afraid. I think you'll find that Ms. Ronin is just as concerned with Mr. Drake's death as you are. She believes that a partnership would serve to benefit both of you. Now, I understand that you have found the book?
Gillian: Well, yes, but it's not much help. All this stuff about gardening and fishing and BlackOps. What is a BlackOp, anyway? Why not a RedOp, or even a BlueOp?
Valerie: That's where Ms. Ronin comes in.

Valerie: She has found a way to circumvent the metaphysical requirements for Ambrosia - friends, BlackOps, real estate, and whatnot - with alchemical potions. Unfortunately, she did not the physical ingredients for the recipe, and she could not replicate those with her potions. If you would be willing to acquire those materials, as well as a talented chef to cook it, she will provide the potions. Combined, it will be possible to bring Mr. Drake back from the brink of death itself. What do you say?

Gillian: If she's really sure it'll work, I guess I'm in.
Valerie: Excellent! I'll make a call to Ms. Ronin as soon as you leave to confirm the good news! Have a good day, Ms. Flynn. Keep an eye out for those ingredients!

As Gillian left the coffeehouse, she was thrilled to have a partner to help with Thor. She hoped that this employee would put in a good word for Ronin. Curiously, though Gillian didn't discover this until later, Valerie did not put in any word for Ronin. Despite her promise, Valerie did not call Ronin at all.

Offline ombradellarosa

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2013, 09:06:41 PM »
So mysterious! I like how in this universe all of the requirements of the Immortal Dynasty apply. And of course an in-story reference to Metro or Pam is always a laugh. Once again, you leave me wanting more!

Offline Blayzen

• Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2013, 09:17:38 PM »
How mysteriously mysterious....Just when you think you're on to something...BAM! A rocking chair!! ;D I have to say, I love your ability to keep the reader guessing - especially about who to nottrust

Just one question, what exactly is a Grade-A Seagull?

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2013, 12:25:37 PM »
Curiouser and curiouser!  I love this highly unconventional take on the immortal dynasty requirements.  Can't wait to see what happens next!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2013, 05:53:40 PM »
Fascinating. Gillian is a woman determined, indeed! I do hope that she is successful. ;)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2013, 08:22:08 AM »
So mysterious! I like how in this universe all of the requirements of the Immortal Dynasty apply. And of course an in-story reference to Metro or Pam is always a laugh. Once again, you leave me wanting more!

It's always fun giving a shout-out to our admins. I couldn't figure out how to get Carl in, but I'll think of something.

How mysteriously mysterious....Just when you think you're on to something...BAM! A rocking chair!! ;D I have to say, I love your ability to keep the reader guessing - especially about who to nottrust

Just one question, what exactly is a Grade-A Seagull?

Oh yes, plenty of people here not to trust, including perhaps me.

As for the seagull, your guess is as good as mine. Gillian is a few slices short of a bread loaf, after all. Quite a few slices, actually.

Curiouser and curiouser!  I love this highly unconventional take on the immortal dynasty requirements.  Can't wait to see what happens next!

Well, it can't be easy getting that fancy Ambrosia, now could it?  :P

Fascinating. Gillian is a woman determined, indeed! I do hope that she is successful. ;)

For all of her insanity, Gillian does know what she wants, and will go to great strides in order to get it. Will it be enough? Who knows?

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Spies Abound (28)
« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2013, 08:56:19 AM »
Spies Abound

Matthew didn't like being the "face" of the wolfpack, but who else would do it? Alfred was rather rude to outsiders, Victoria wasn't much of a people person, (or even a werewolf person) and the Pack Mother was too busy following other leads. Of the four tasked with working with the spies, Matthew was the only one suitable.

That's not to say he minded the ability to go to Varg's Tavern, of course. That was probably one of the only places in town that werewolves could go without fear of getting hunted, either by the Van Goulds or humans. He would've put on his game face, but he didn't want to scare off his informant. For now, nice, baby-faced human Matthew would do.

As expected, the pack's spy was tending the bar. The Pack Mother had told him that she was a master of disguise, and could pass herself off as almost anyone. Matthew sought to put that to the test.

Brianna: One Fang-toothed Sunrise, coming right up!
Matthew: *under his breath* The baby?
Brianna: In Moonlight Falls. Last seen in care of red-haired man.
Matthew: Red hair!?
Brianna: You know, crimson, nectarine, scarlet-
Matthew: I know what the color red is! Just brilliant. She won't be happy to here this.
Brianna: Good news, red-haired man left Moonlight Falls. Left baby behind.

Matthew: Then where is he?
Brianna: I don't know-
Matthew: Then find out. The Pack Mother will already be angry that he's back. The sooner you find his new caretaker, the better.
Brianna: Will do.
Matthew: Dismissed.

As Brianna left the tavern, she managed to overhear Matthew talking on the phone, presumably the Pack Mother. Even from the door, she could hear a distinct growl on the other end as he told her the news of the red-haired man.

Not her problem, though. Her job was to find out everything about the baby, good or bad. If they only wanted good news, they could get him back themselves. Fortunately, Brianna had an idea where the baby would be. Her TAR- er, LLAMA would take her there.

And so it did, before the museum opened, to boot. She would need time to get ready.

A. had always admired this piece. Granted, he was biased and he was fond of all of them, but he admired this one in particular. Artists simply didn't make sculptures like this anymore. Now they do crazy things with metal and grass hedges. Whatever happened to traditional stone sculptures?

Of course, this artist wasn't making anymore stone sculptures. Or sculptures at all, for that matter.

DeeDee had arrived at the museum shortly after he did. She knew that Subject 11 spent an unusually large amount of time here, and she wanted information as to why. Her primary theory was that he had art in this museum, but she had no way to confirm it. Maybe the lady at the front desk could help her?

Brianna: Hi, my name is Piper. How may I help you?
DeeDee: I'm looking for records of an artist who might have paintings here? Do you know if there's anything here from A. Simself?
Brianna: I'll have to check the records. One moment, please. Is that your baby?
DeeDee: No, a friend's.
Brianna: Ah. *discreet smirk*

As Brianna pretended to search for this artist, she was actually taking discreet pictures of the woman in front of her. She had no doubt that this was the new caretaker, especially since the baby matched Matthew's description. She quickly sent the pictures off to Matthew before returning her eyes to the woman in front of her.

Brianna: I'm sorry. It doesn't look like we have anything of his here. You might want to try the Lucky Palms Art Exhibit for better luck.
DeeDee: I will, thank you.

Fenris: *growl*
DeeDee: Now, don't you growl at that lady, Fenris! That's not nice.
Fenris: *growl*
DeeDee: I'm sorry for this. We'll be leaving now.
Brianna: Not at all.

DeeDee left the museum feeling dejected. If he didn't have anything of his own here, she had no idea why he spent so much time at the museum. If Brianna had actually done a search, the results would've been more interesting. Alas, Brianna was not there to help, but to spy. As DeeDee left the building, Brianna pulled out her phone to contact Matthew.

Brianna: Did you get the pictures?
Katherine: Yes.
Brianna: This isn't Matthew?
Katherine: And?
Brianna: Okay. How should I proceed?
Katherine: Follow her.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2013, 09:43:55 AM »
Victoria wasn't much of a people person, (or even a werewolf person)

That line made me laugh out loud!   ;D

I love your combination of humour & suspense.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2013, 10:30:19 AM »
Fortunately, Brianna had an idea where the baby would be. Her TAR- er, LLAMA would take her there.

I see what you did there. ;)

At this point I am still stumped at how the werewolf clan is tied with everyone else, but I guess that will be clear at the end. Obviously Fenris doesn't like Brianna too much.

Offline Blayzen

• Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2013, 12:36:54 PM »

At this point I am still stumped at how the werewolf clan is tied with everyone else, but I guess that will be clear at the end.

I'm not sure how they're tied in with everyone else either but I think we'll soon find out that Fenris is the key to answering ALL of our questions! Such is the way of Audren's genius!

Offline ombradellarosa

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2013, 06:06:21 PM »
Fenris is so adorable. I love his little freckles.

My favourite line:

Brianna: Hi, my name is Piper. How may I help you?

Because I have a weird sense of humour, and the incongruity appealed to me.

I like Brianna. Spies intrigue me. This is set up so well!