Author Topic: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Bedtime Story (55)  (Read 72632 times)

Offline Blayzen

• I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! =P
  • Townie
  • Just Believe.....
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Planning and Catching (43)
« Reply #195 on: June 18, 2013, 11:50:51 PM »
And I am honour-bound to point out that 6 is also, mathematically, a perfect number: the factors of 6 (3,2,1) add up to six.

YAY! I'm perfect! That's so sweet of you to say, Rosa! What's that? The number is...? Oh. Well. That's just embarrassing.  :-[
Tenshin - A Bachelorette Bromance =)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Planning and Catching (43)
« Reply #196 on: June 19, 2013, 07:21:09 AM »
What? An Elf? What? Gillian is so insane, I love her. This is getting more twisty and interesting. Is A playing pool with Blue Artie? Because he looks like Blue Artie!

And I am honour-bound to point out that 6 is also, mathematically, a perfect number: the factors of 6 (3,2,1) add up to six.

Despite the similarity, A. is actually playing pool with Steven Brustle of Union Cove. (And Sheldon Cooper, but he's not blue and distinctive)

6 is a perfect number, isn't it? Hmm. Now I know.  :)

YAY! I'm perfect! That's so sweet of you to say, Rosa! What's that? The number is...? Oh. Well. That's just embarrassing.  :-[

Aw. Well, you prompted her to say that (by proxy of me) so you inspired perfection! Sort of. No, that's not really any better. I'll get you a cookie.  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: The Waves of Life and Death (44)
« Reply #197 on: June 19, 2013, 10:30:17 AM »
The Waves of Life and Death

Thor had to get to the beach. That was the way out. He had to get out to stop Loki from doing anything wicked. Thor hoped that he would be able to persuade Loki to come back, but he wasn't entirely certain himself. Even before escaping, Loki longed to be able to see Katherine and Fenris. Even if Loki was sane, Thor wasn't completely confident that Loki would agree to return.

But thus thoughts were weighing heavily on Thor, and they wouldn't help him actually get the job done. He stopped to take a breath, clear his head, and focus on the matter at hand. He had to get to the beach.

His rest allowed an old friend to catch up and warn him.

Frida: There you are! What are you doing, just standing around? Get to it, you spineless caltrop!
Thor: Frida? What are you doing here?
Frida: What are you doing here? Don't you realize that they need you?
Thor: Oh, great. Is Loki already causing trouble?
Frida: Of course he is!

Thor: Calm down. I'm on my way now. I just needed to take a rest for a minute.
Frida: *sigh* Okay, then.
Thor: Come. Sit with me. Then we can talk about Loki.
Frida: Very well.

Frida: Well, there is some good news. Loki hasn't gotten into anything huge just yet. We saw some reports of him starting some fires, but the fire department kept them under control.
Thor: Brilliant. I can't seem to ever get away from crazy pyromaniacs.
Frida: What?
Thor: Oh, nothing. Has he done anything else?
Frida: General indecency, I suppose. Arguing with his neighbors, implying their mothers are llamas, the usual.

Frida: That doesn't mean you can just sit around in the Afterworld eating ice cream.
Thor: Well, to be fair, you guys have really good ice cream.
Frida: Just get Loki back here before he does anything worse.
Thor: I'm on my way. Thanks for the update. We'll be back in no time.

And before long Thor was at the beach. The crossroads of the world. Every moment of every day and night, the waves of life and death crashed onto the shores of the Afterworld. The souls of the deceased came first into this land along the coasts. And it is along the coasts that those souls return to their homes.

Thor quickly changed into his bathing suit. He didn't want his clothes to be wet once he was back to being a ghost. Water and electricity tend not to play well together, something Thor knew only too well.

And without further ado, Thor waded out into the water, not to return to the Afterworld for quite a while.

Before long, Thor washed up onto the beaches of Moonlight Falls, suddenly ghostified. Thor was back in the land of the living, and it was time to get to work.

The irony was not lost on Thor that he happened to come ashore at the very same beach where his adventure began so long ago. He couldn't explain, but Thor couldn't shake the feeling that his tale was coming to an end. The thought left him rather downcast.

The Admiral had told him that he would find an ally at the Toadstool, and so the Toadstool was where Thor went. The Admiral mentioned that it would be an unlikely ally, and Thor didn't doubt it. He seemed to prefer the company of strange folk. Certainly another new lunatic would be par for the course.

As Thor walked into the Toadstool and actually saw his newest companion, he realized that he was not in fact meeting somebody new at all. Unfortunately for Thor, he knew this one quite well.

The Riddlemaster: Ah, there you are Drake. Please, have a seat.

Louise56

Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Planning and Catching (44)
« Reply #198 on: June 19, 2013, 12:19:14 PM »
Very interesting update! I didn't expect the riddle master to be there. I hope he get to Loki soon. Awesome update as always. :)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Planning and Catching (44)
« Reply #199 on: June 21, 2013, 07:30:39 AM »
Very interesting update! I didn't expect the riddle master to be there. I hope he get to Loki soon. Awesome update as always. :)

Nobody expects The Riddlemaster, of course!  :P

Don't worry about Loki, Louise. Thor is on the case! (Plus The Riddlemaster)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Enemy of My Enemy (45)
« Reply #200 on: June 21, 2013, 07:46:15 AM »
Enemy of My Enemy

The Riddlemaster: Please, sit down Drake. Do not leave us sitting here all by ourselves.
Thor: What are you doing here!?
The Riddlemaster: Believe it or not, Drake, we have our enemies as well. Please. Sit. Down.

The Riddlemaster: You're looking good, Drake. Yellow truly is your colour.
Thor: Stop fooling around. What do you want!
The Riddlemaster: The Oracles have seen that your silly podmate Loki is a threat to our plan. Seeing as he is a threat to your kind as well, we offer our assistance.
Thor: Let me get this straight. You, a member of the illustrious alien race, need me a mere Sim (a dead Sim, for that matter) to help you?
The Riddlemaster: You have experience with dealing with your podmate, which we do not. And you have but a small influence on the world, considering the fact that you are, in fact, deceased. We can both help each other here.
Thor: Why don't I trust you?
The Riddlemaster: Because you don't want to admit that partnering with us is the only way to stop Loki.

Thor: Fine. Let's say I trust you. Who are these Oracles you keep preaching about?
The Riddlemaster: That's hardly relevant to our situation.
Thor: Tell me who the Oracles are or I won't help you.
The Riddlemaster: *sigh* The Oracles are our leaders. They have incredible gifts of foresight. They see all, and we are their servants. What they see in the future, we carry out. It is the ultimate inevitable fate of all.
Thor: With no regard for the individual?
The Riddlemaster: The individual is irrelevant. The collective is essential.

The Riddlemaster: But now we are wasting time. Come now, Drake. We have a ghost to remove.
Thor: Then what's our plan, if your precious Oracles have everything mapped out for you.
The Riddlemaster: We go to the park. Now let us go.

Thor: The park. Why?
The Riddlemaster: The Oracles have told us that your podmate will be in this park within 15 minutes. We must wait for him there.
Thor: And why on Earth would he want to go to a park?
The Riddlemaster: They didn't say.
Thor: So we'll have to figure it out ourselves.

Thor: Now what do we do?
The Riddlemaster: Now we wait.
Thor: That's it?
The Riddlemaster: Is there a problem? We would have assumed dying would have taught you patience.
Thor: You really do love reminding me about that, don't you?
The Riddlemaster: Merely stating the facts.
Thor: How about we wait for Loki in silence.
The Riddlemaster: Very well.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #201 on: June 21, 2013, 10:24:51 AM »
Podmate. *chuckle* The Riddlemaster sounds very Borg talking about irrelevant and collective.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blayzen

• I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! =P
  • Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #202 on: June 21, 2013, 03:05:45 PM »
Podmate. *chuckle* The Riddlemaster sounds very Borg talking about irrelevant and collective.

LOL - Rosa, you read our my mind! Those were our my thoughts exactly...

Audren, I absolutely adore all the different twists & turns you manage to bring to your stories. Just when I think I have it figured out, you throw me a curveball out of nowhere and I have to start all over again! I'm also somewhat jealous that I don't have a podmate of my very own own but what can I do? I guess I'll just have to live vicariously through Thor & Loki. Which might not be a good thing, all things considered. Oh well.

On a separate note, I have a confession to make. It took me forever to realize that the family Loki was so eager to get back to was Katherine & Fenris! *facepalm*  :-[ However, when I did put it together, I found myself wondering what kind of reunion that would be...Any chance we'll be seeing that sometime soon? I'd love to know if my imagination comes anywhere close to what you have in store for us! I'd say that I'm waiting patiently for the next update but that, unfortunately, would be a lie.  ;)
Tenshin - A Bachelorette Bromance =)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #203 on: June 21, 2013, 03:25:17 PM »

Does he now? I'm afraid I don't know very much at all about the Borg, but I'll take it as a compliment!  ;)

LOL - Rosa, you read our my mind! Those were our my thoughts exactly...

Audren, I absolutely adore all the different twists & turns you manage to bring to your stories. Just when I think I have it figured out, you throw me a curveball out of nowhere and I have to start all over again! I'm also somewhat jealous that I don't have a podmate of my very own but what can I do? I guess I'll just have to live vicariously through Thor & Loki. Which might not be a good thing, all things considered. Oh well.

On a separate note, I have a confession to make. It took me forever to realize that the family Loki was so eager to get back to was Katherine & Fenris! *facepalm*  :-[ However, when I did put it together, I found myself wondering what kind of reunion that would be...Any chance we'll be seeing that sometime soon? I'd love to know if my imagination comes anywhere close to what you have in store for us! I'd say that I'm waiting patiently for the next update but that, unfortunately, would be a lie.  ;)

Now look at you, talking exactly like the way we I wrote The Riddlemaster! You took the words right out of our my mouth!

No, Thor and Loki aren't exactly the best examples of a healthy podmate relationship. I'd say that this dates back to Norse days, but in the original tales, Loki was Odin's brother, not Thor's. (and an foster brother, at that) How Thor and Loki ended up becoming the brother archetypes, I haven't the slightest. Not terribly relevant to our story, though perhaps another aspect of Norse mythology is...  :-X

Actually, that last emoticon extends to your entire third paragraph, both because of previously-stated thoughts on the Katherine/Fenris/Loki dilemma, and that I'm not saying a word about Fenris.

Two updates today, mainly because I have other plans on the horizon, and I'd rather not be involved with too many stories simultaneously. (The hypocrisy of this statement in light of me starting a Life States Dynasty is firmly acknowledged by the author)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Elven Cosmetics (46)
« Reply #204 on: June 21, 2013, 04:02:44 PM »
Elven Cosmetics

Gillian: See! It's a real live Elf! Ears and everything!
Valerie: Yeah, I can see that, Gill. Who are you, exactly?
Leliana: Oh, my sincerest apologies for bursting in uninvited. My name is Leliana.
Valerie: And what are you doing in our living room, exactly?
Leliana: Please, have a seat and I'll explain.

Leliana: I heard that most dreadful interruption to our televised programming. I sought you out as soon as I realized what his plan was.
Valerie: His plan? What plan?
Leliana: I'm afraid this Murdoch fellow has come to Union Cove to kidnap you!
Valerie: What! How did you find that out?
Leliana: A friend of mine is close to Murdoch, and she informed me of his plots as soon as she found out.
Gillian: Stars are pretty, aren't they?

Valerie: Why are you telling us about this, anyway? We don't know you, and you don't know us.
Leliana: Well, forgive me if I don't want anybody being kidnapped in my neighborhood, Ms. Cruz.
Valerie: Point taken. What should we do about it?
Leliana: My brother runs a salon a few blocks away. We can hide out there, even get you two some disguises. I hope you wouldn't mind, of course.
Valerie: *chuckle* Oh, no. I have no problem with getting a disguise.
Gillian: I mean, they're so shiny, but we can't wear them. It's like a juicy contradiction.

Leliana: Well, it's settled then! Let's head out to the salon.
Valerie: Shouldn't we pack a bag? We might have to be there a while.
Leliana: Oh, I doubt you'll be staying at the salon very long.

Gillian: Well, where is he? I don't see any caterpillars here.
Leliana: Caterpillars?
Valerie: Don't ask.
Leliana: Very well. I'm sure Silas is just running a tad late. He'll be here soon. Why don't you just wait out in the lobby?

Gillian: Oh, this is so exciting! We're going to get makeovers! I think I'd look quite nice in an afro, don't you?
Valerie: Yeah, sure. But we can't stay here too long. Murdoch wants to kidnap us, and the longer we stay in one place, the easier that will be.
Gillian: But if we get disguises, then we'll be fine, right?
Valerie: Maybe. But after this Silas figure gives us a makeover, we have to move on. We'll have to talk to m- to A about our plans.
Gillian: Okay. I just hope Silas does a good job.
Silas: Indeed he will, my dear little mango!

Silas: For it is I, Silas Monsoonial Song, world-class stylist and fashion connoisseur!
Gillian: World-class? How do I look? Like a beautiful little mango, right?
Silas: Not just any mango, my sweet, but the most beautiful mango of them all!
Gillian: And Valerie looks great too, right?
Silas: Of course she- Oh. *ahem* Oh, dear.

Silas: My dear mango, I'm afraid your friend here is in dire need of my professional assistance.
Valerie: "Dire need?" What on Earth is that supposed to mean?
Silas: Oh, where do I begin? The splattered eye shadow, that horrendous stack of fabric on your head that you call a hat. Oh my!
Valerie: Has it occurred to you that I might have a reason for wearing a hat?
Silas: To hide the miserable state of your makeup? To draw attention away from your flea-ridden jeans and outdated leather jacket?
Valerie: Oh, you little-
Silas: Now, now, dear! Do not be upset! Your dear friend Silas will help you become a whole different person! Come along, now. Leliana, dear, could you handle my mango's makeover. I'm afraid my utmost layers of talent are needed for this job.

Leliana: I'll admit to you, Gillian, that there isn't much to do here. You already look fantastic.
Gillian: Thank you! I wore this especially for the ladybugs!
Leliana: Naturally. They have to be exposed to our best sides, after all. I think we can do a bit of sprucing up to add that nice special edge, though. Let's get started, shall we?

Silas: Oh my, it seems dear Silas has his work cut out for him today. There's so much to fix here, my dear.
Valerie: There's nothing to fix, and stop saying "dear" all the time!
Silas: First we'll have to play around with that hair colour.
Valerie: You are not touching my hair, understand!?
Silas: Oh! Feisty little rose, aren't you? Fine, I won't change the colour, but that hat simply has to go!

Leliana: And finally, those new shoes will help you walk with elegance without being uncomfortable on your feet.
Gillian: Yeah, they're so comfortable!
Leliana: So, what do you think?
Gillian: I think you did an amazing j- Wait, you have a mirror on your ceiling! Whoa.
Leliana: If you'd excuse me a moment, please?
Gillian: Of course.

Valerie: What in the world do you do to me?
Silas: I figured the only way to fix you was to make you so outlandish that the assumption would be you work in a circus.
Valerie: The whole point was to be less noticeable, not more! Ugh, you're useless.
Silas: No, I'm afraid I have quite a few uses, actually. I can unclog any toilet in the world within 60 seconds.
Valerie: Bah!
Silas: So rude! Now, I have customers to take care of. Good day!
Valerie: I bet I could make a better outfit then that clown.

Valerie: See? Much better. Why couldn't he do something like this? No matter. Where did Leliana run off to, anyway?

Leliana: Yes, they're getting makeovers right now.
Voice: Good. That should distract them for a while.
Leliana: What should I do now?
Voice: When the salon closes, execute our plan. That will give me plenty of time to run things over here. Sound good?
Leliana: Of course. See you soon. Bye.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #205 on: June 21, 2013, 04:39:00 PM »
I knew the elf was not to be trusted! Especially considering she agreed about the ladybugs, but did not seem to be insane. Very suspicious. And what kind of disguise were those? It's not a makeover, it's a disguise! Hide your identity!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #206 on: June 21, 2013, 04:41:42 PM »
Your dialogue is just hilarious!  Great update!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Louise56

« Reply #207 on: June 25, 2013, 05:28:35 AM »
This was so funny! I was smiling all the way :D I can't wait for the next chapter.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #208 on: June 25, 2013, 08:53:12 AM »
I knew the elf was not to be trusted! Especially considering she agreed about the ladybugs, but did not seem to be insane. Very suspicious. And what kind of disguise were those? It's not a makeover, it's a disguise! Hide your identity!

Yeah, those weren't very good "disguises" at all. Gillian was probably oblivious to the need for disguises at all, and Valerie (almost wrote her real name) was still fuming from her treatment from Silas. Neither situation lends for very clear states of minds, so their apparent goal was clouded.

Your dialogue is just hilarious!  Great update!

This was so funny! I was smiling all the way :D I can't wait for the next chapter.

Thank you! This story is often times quite a bit more serious than some of my others, but it's always nice to throw some humour in there. Murdoch's plotline as a whole is a bit more tongue and cheek than the others.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Real Estate (47)
« Reply #209 on: July 04, 2013, 06:39:29 PM »
Real Estate

First off, I'd like to apologize for the delay here. I've been meaning to get this story wrapped up before July, but a certain little family called the Fanawaiths were distracting me at first, followed by a certain little game called Skyrim. Obviously, this story is still alive, but I am working on it. While I try to get together a proper update, here's a little teaser on what one of our characters has been up to.

Despite the downtime, A. has managed to keep himself quite busy. In between a hot-headed daughter and a crusade against the aliens, A. has decided to get himself involved in the real estate business. And not just any real estate, mind you. Only the very best builder was contracted for this house. As A. approaches this newest house of his, one may wonder what on Earth he was doing there.

While he may well have had some other reason for going there, A's chief concern was taking a nap. Getting the entire athletic sports stadium bulldozed for your own personal use was quite tiring, and A. deserved a rest.

anything