Author Topic: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Bedtime Story (55)  (Read 72851 times)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Conversations with Dead People (26)
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2013, 01:41:15 PM »
Oh, now that was fun! I must say I love the Admiral, and Arabella is such a character.

The plot thickens. It's like there are two parts to the puzzle, one that must be solved on the living side, and the other in the afterlife. I am completely intrigued!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2013, 08:11:22 AM »
This story gets more mysterious and complex by the day. That face in the flames looks terribly familiar. I love the Admiral! You mush have bought the Versailles set. What a perfect usage. Poor Mark, dying by ranting before he even had University :(
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blayzen

• I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! =P
  • Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2013, 11:25:43 PM »

(PS: If you know the reference in the title, I will love you forever  ;D)

I know the reference in the title but you've sworn me to secrecy! Can I at least give out hints? Please? Pretty please?   :-X

As for the rest of the update, I am desperately interested in seeing what tricks Loki has up his sleeve! Is it possible that he can really help Thor speak to the living? And if he can, who should Thor try to contact? Gillian, A, or should he risk everything and try to get some answers out of that sneaky Riddlemaster?
Tenshin - A Bachelorette Bromance =)

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2013, 01:12:32 PM »
(PS: If you know the reference in the title, I will love you forever  ;D)

I missed this first time reading, but.... I'm nigh on certain that I know what you're talking about. Does 7:7 mean anything? A little cryptic, but you practically wrote the crossword on cryptic clues! (Terrible joke - I slay myself.)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2013, 05:56:01 PM »
Oh wow! Awesome chapter! Have you read American Gods (love that book!), by any chance? I can see some parallels in this chapter.

Also, Green Dolphin Island cameo! *does happy dance*

I missed this first time reading, but.... I'm nigh on certain that I know what you're talking about. Does 7:7 mean anything? A little cryptic, but you practically wrote the crossword on cryptic clues! (Terrible joke - I slay myself.)

I haven't read American Gods yet, though I've been eye-balling it. I had a feeling that Green Dolphin Island would show up eventually in one of my stories, and here it is!

"7:7" "slay myself" Hehe. Yeah, that's the reference. I was hoping someone would catch it.  Yay for Buffy! ;D

Oh, now that was fun! I must say I love the Admiral, and Arabella is such a character.

The plot thickens. It's like there are two parts to the puzzle, one that must be solved on the living side, and the other in the afterlife. I am completely intrigued!

Arabella was supposed to be more prominent in this update, but her segments kept getting shorter and shorter. Don't worry, she'll show up again, as will the Admiral.

This story gets more mysterious and complex by the day. That face in the flames looks terribly familiar. I love the Admiral! You mush have bought the Versailles set. What a perfect usage. Poor Mark, dying by ranting before he even had University :(

I didn't buy the whole Versailles set, but I bought those items. I didn't think I'd use any of the others, since I didn't find anything there that would suit Arabella. When I first saw those death types, I was quite confused. It was only later that I figured out where they came from. Poor Mark, indeed.

I know the reference in the title but you've sworn me to secrecy! Can I at least give out hints? Please? Pretty please?   :-X

As for the rest of the update, I am desperately interested in seeing what tricks Loki has up his sleeve! Is it possible that he can really help Thor speak to the living? And if he can, who should Thor try to contact? Gillian, A, or should he risk everything and try to get some answers out of that sneaky Riddlemaster?

Well, you did get DeLouche to look for it, so you did help! Sort of.

Offline Blayzen

• I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! =P
  • Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2013, 11:25:59 PM »

"7:7" "slay myself" Hehe. Yeah, that's the reference. I was hoping someone would catch it.  Yay for Buffy! ;D

Well, you did get DeLouche to look for it, so you did help! Sort of.

Well, gee...At least I'm good for something  ::) Buffy fans are the best! BtVS inspired my very first household - Back when Buffy was still on the air and there was only The Sims. No expansions or stuff packs to be found...We were so limited in those days  ;)

Louise56

« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2013, 08:04:02 AM »
Awesome update! Very interesting indeed. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2013, 12:29:11 PM »
BtVS inspired my very first household - Back when Buffy was still on the air and there was only The Sims. No expansions or stuff packs to be found...We were so limited in those days  ;)

Ha ha, I had a Buffy household in my first game of The Sims as well! Oh, those halcyon days...

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2013, 04:43:25 PM »
I've just been getting caught up.  This story keeps getting better and better!  I loved Admiral Landgraab.  :D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Resurrection (27)
« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2013, 07:40:29 PM »
Resurrection

For the third time in a week, Gillian was meeting with Old Copperhead. At least, that's what she called him. She (correctly) assumed that the totem was of alien origin, but its purpose was a mystery even to her. As far as she knew, Old Copperhead was only good for talking to in order to get some advice.

Sadly, just like the last two visits, the totem could not give Gillian the advice she needed. It was time for more drastic measures.

Most Sims thought that death was a final fate. The end. Gillian knew that to be false, for she had read the wise words of a mysterious sage known as Metro. He had revolutionized the concept of using the rare dish of Ambrosia to grant immortality. In the months that followed this discovery, Gillian came across the writings of another great sage known only as Pam, who also claimed that Ambrosia could bring ghosts from the afterlife back to, well, life. Gillian found the whole idea interesting, but only now had she really considered duplicating their discoveries.

If she could find the books, of course. Gillian had misplaced them some years ago, not really thinking that they might come in handy. Now, of course, she was kicking herself. If she had just kept a hold on those books, she would be fine. But no! She had to go and lose them, and now she had to find them all over again. Easier said than done.

The store owner was understandably baffled by Gillian's request for, "books about Ambrosia, immortality, and the resurrection of ghosts." Can't blame him, really.

Having hit a dead end with the ordinary consignment store, Gillian was forced to turn to more... unconventional stores.

At this point, Gillian was faced with two options. She could start scanning the bookshelves for signs of the book she was looking for, but something was calling out. A strange, unexplainable urge to examine the store's furniture. One item in particular.

Not five minutes later, Gillian was passed out in the rocking chair. The lure was simply too strong to resist. Unfortunately, even the bliss of the rocking chair would have to end eventually, and soon Gillian was searching the shop for her book.

It was not long before Gillian came across her beloved book. Here, in this book, was the secret to bringing Thor back. She eagerly began reading, but her excitement quickly faded to disappointment. The process of cooking Ambrosia was far more complex than Gillian could've imagined. There were so many things involved, and she had no idea where to start. She was considering her options when her phone rang.

Valerie: Meet me at the coffeehouse. It's about the resurrection.

Gillian: Well, that was strange. Might as well go see her, though. Maybe there'll be fish.

Valerie was not a patient woman, even less so when her contacts were late. She had been told that Gillian Flynn was somewhat unreliable, but even she couldn't get away with tardiness.

Gillian: Sorry I'm late. I saw the cutest little butterfly, and I knew it had to be mine.
Valerie: Of course, of course. Please have a seat.

Valerie: My client knows all about Thor and his unfortunate death. She also knows that you understand the occult better than perhaps anyone else. She would like to propose a partnership.
Gillian: And who is this mysterious client of yours? She's not one of those alpacas, I hope! So full of themselves! Just because they can spit farther than llamas doesn't mean they get to act all high and mighty!
Valerie: No, nothing like that. I believe you've met my client before. Does the name Ronin mean anything to you?

Gillian: Oh, you work for Ronin? I saw her at Thor's funeral. She seemed like a nice girl. What's her interest in Thor? He's not exactly a Grade-A seagull, if you catch my meaning.
Valerie: I don't, I'm afraid. I think you'll find that Ms. Ronin is just as concerned with Mr. Drake's death as you are. She believes that a partnership would serve to benefit both of you. Now, I understand that you have found the book?
Gillian: Well, yes, but it's not much help. All this stuff about gardening and fishing and BlackOps. What is a BlackOp, anyway? Why not a RedOp, or even a BlueOp?
Valerie: That's where Ms. Ronin comes in.

Valerie: She has found a way to circumvent the metaphysical requirements for Ambrosia - friends, BlackOps, real estate, and whatnot - with alchemical potions. Unfortunately, she did not the physical ingredients for the recipe, and she could not replicate those with her potions. If you would be willing to acquire those materials, as well as a talented chef to cook it, she will provide the potions. Combined, it will be possible to bring Mr. Drake back from the brink of death itself. What do you say?

Gillian: If she's really sure it'll work, I guess I'm in.
Valerie: Excellent! I'll make a call to Ms. Ronin as soon as you leave to confirm the good news! Have a good day, Ms. Flynn. Keep an eye out for those ingredients!

As Gillian left the coffeehouse, she was thrilled to have a partner to help with Thor. She hoped that this employee would put in a good word for Ronin. Curiously, though Gillian didn't discover this until later, Valerie did not put in any word for Ronin. Despite her promise, Valerie did not call Ronin at all.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2013, 09:06:41 PM »
So mysterious! I like how in this universe all of the requirements of the Immortal Dynasty apply. And of course an in-story reference to Metro or Pam is always a laugh. Once again, you leave me wanting more!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Blayzen

• Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2013, 09:17:38 PM »
How mysteriously mysterious....Just when you think you're on to something...BAM! A rocking chair!! ;D I have to say, I love your ability to keep the reader guessing - especially about who to nottrust

Just one question, what exactly is a Grade-A Seagull?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2013, 12:25:37 PM »
Curiouser and curiouser!  I love this highly unconventional take on the immortal dynasty requirements.  Can't wait to see what happens next!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2013, 05:53:40 PM »
Fascinating. Gillian is a woman determined, indeed! I do hope that she is successful. ;)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2013, 08:22:08 AM »
So mysterious! I like how in this universe all of the requirements of the Immortal Dynasty apply. And of course an in-story reference to Metro or Pam is always a laugh. Once again, you leave me wanting more!

It's always fun giving a shout-out to our admins. I couldn't figure out how to get Carl in, but I'll think of something.

How mysteriously mysterious....Just when you think you're on to something...BAM! A rocking chair!! ;D I have to say, I love your ability to keep the reader guessing - especially about who to nottrust

Just one question, what exactly is a Grade-A Seagull?

Oh yes, plenty of people here not to trust, including perhaps me.

As for the seagull, your guess is as good as mine. Gillian is a few slices short of a bread loaf, after all. Quite a few slices, actually.

Curiouser and curiouser!  I love this highly unconventional take on the immortal dynasty requirements.  Can't wait to see what happens next!

Well, it can't be easy getting that fancy Ambrosia, now could it?  :P

Fascinating. Gillian is a woman determined, indeed! I do hope that she is successful. ;)

For all of her insanity, Gillian does know what she wants, and will go to great strides in order to get it. Will it be enough? Who knows?

anything