Author Topic: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Bedtime Story (55)  (Read 71785 times)

Louise56

Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Dreamwalking (31)
« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2013, 08:58:13 AM »
I love the update! The screenshots are awesome. Can't wait to find out more about the mysterious woman and child.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2013, 10:53:26 PM »
Did you shoot the dreamwalking at full moon? It looks awesome!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2013, 10:56:13 PM »
I just read the entire story, and it is amazing! I'm so excited for the next update.

And excellent use of blacklight in the last chapter. It has a very cool neon, disturbing effect.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2013, 07:21:31 AM »
Ooh. So mysterious. Why is A. making a young again potion? Who is the woman and her toddler? Why was Thor so hungry? So many questions, so little answers...

At least two of those questions will be revealed in due time. I'll leave it up to you to figure out which ones.  ;)

I just loved Dreamwalking! Except for the part where it makes it seem, even more than it already had, that my favorite show-runner is not to be trusted! Oh, A, what have you gotten yourself into?

We'll have to see just how far down the rabbit hole A has dug himself in, won't we?

Loved your screenshots in the Dream sequence!  Very surreal.

And I have to say, there's something about Thor that just appeals to me.  He's not the bravest, not the handsomest, not the smartest, but he's definitely likeable.

Thor was very much supposed to be that unlikely hero. He's not all that different from Nameless in that regard.

I love the update! The screenshots are awesome. Can't wait to find out more about the mysterious woman and child.

I'm rather proud of the screenshots myself. I think that if I had altered Thor's skin tone, it would've looked like he was shining, to give even more of an ethereal quality to him. Alas that I didn't think about that until later.

Did you shoot the dreamwalking at full moon? It looks awesome!

No, as azokka said, I turned all of the lights in the house on to blacklight to get that look to it. Just to give a visual cue to the otherworldliness of the dream.

I just read the entire story, and it is amazing! I'm so excited for the next update.

And excellent use of blacklight in the last chapter. It has a very cool neon, disturbing effect.

You won't have to wait long for this update. In fact, it's coming up right now!  ;D

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: The Spymaster (32)
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2013, 07:59:16 AM »
The Spymaster

Brianna sat on the park bench rather pleased with herself. She had tipped off the werewolves to their clan's imminent "threat" and hopefully removed DeeDee from the picture. Now all that was left was to await the messenger.

She did not have to wait long. One of His thralls, hopeless to resist His overwhelming power, had arrived at the park, handing off the communicator to Brianna. At that moment, she was lifted from direct control, free to do whatever puny thralls do in their spare time. Brianna had business to attend to.

Voice: We see that you have alerted the werewolves to our agent. Excellent.
Brianna: That is not all that I have found, Elder One. She was investigating further into Subject 11.
Voice: Hmm. Beyond the parameters we have instructed her with?
Brianna: Not quite, but she is getting close to Subject Zero.

The Riddlemaster: That cannot be tolerated.
Brianna: Fortunately, with the werewolves at her throat, I don't think you have to worry about that, Elder One.
The Riddlemaster: Perhaps. However, this development has resulted in... a change of plans.
Brianna: In what way, Elder One?

The Riddlemaster: Your original assignment was to continue your predecessor's work of tracking Subject 11. However, we have changed your mission.
Brianna: What!? But we agreed that I would take up that assignment after DeeDee-
The Riddlemaster: Are you questioning our logic on this matter? Are you suggesting that you have better things to do than what we ask of you?
Brianna: Oh course not, Elder One.
The Riddlemaster: Then be silent.

The Riddlemaster: As long as the werewolves believe that you are in their employ, you must continue that illusion.
Brianna: So my assignment is to help them still? Aren't the werewolves trivial?
The Riddlemaster: In general, yes. But we have two purposes for your continuation of this mission.

The Riddlemaster: First, you must be present when the werewolves attack our agent. We need complete confirmation of her demise.
Brianna: Of course, Elder One. She will not leave Moonlight Falls alive.
The Riddlemaster: In addition, the werewolves are not quite as inconsequential as we have made them out to be. One in particular is important to our Oracles. One that you have encountered before.
Brianna: The baby? How is that thing important to them?
The Riddlemaster: It is not our purpose to question, but to serve. The Oracles require the baby to survive. Therefore, it will.
Brianna: Understood. I will return to Moonlight Falls immediately.

The Riddlemaster: This is one more matter.
Brianna: Yes, Elder One?
The Riddlemaster: Even if our agent cannot be successfully removed, Subject Zero must not be revealed. Do anything necessary to prevent her from discovering this. The Vault is at your disposal.
Brianna: As you command.
The Riddlemaster: This conversation is over.

Brianna was not particularly happy with her newest assignment, but what could she do? The will of the Elder Ones was absolute. Nothing she could do would change the will of the Oracles.

Therefore, Brianna left the park, en route to the nearest plane to Moonlight Falls. Her job in that town was not finished yet. And although she did not know this, neither was The Riddlemaster's.

The Riddlemaster: What do you mean, Subject 11 is gone!?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: The Spymaster (32)
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2013, 10:10:49 AM »
Nooo! DeeDee! Don't kill her! So much intrigue!

By samoht04

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: On the Trail (33)
« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2013, 08:52:08 PM »
On the Trail

The Riddlemaster: What do you mean, Subject 11 is gone!?
DeeDee: I've been following him for weeks, but he's just vanished!
The Riddlemaster: Find him! *disconnect*

DeeDee was stunned by this latest development. She had kept the closest eye on A. for as long as she had been working on this mission. Now he was gone, out of the blue. Where had he gone? That's what DeeDee had to find out.

The Goth mansion seemed to be the natural place to start. Even though A. was obviously not here anymore, he had lived here for the past month or two. With any luck, he may have left clues behind that could live DeeDee to him.

The main door was locked down tight, but DeeDee managed to lift up the garage door. The ancient lemon that the Goths owned was still there, which meant that A. hadn't taken a car. Either a taxi took him away, or he was still nearby. DeeDee wouldn't find out until she investigated the actual house.

The fireplace was left on, which by itself wasn't particularly noteworthy. Frida Goth had burned to death, after all. It's not like she has the safest approach to maintaining her fireplace. However, the fire was also purple. Only a pyromaniac could change the very colour of flame itself, and the only pyro that DeeDee knew was A. Unfortunately, a pyromaniac would also have been smart enough to put out the fire before he left, at the very least so that he wouldn't miss out on starting fires. He must have been in a hurry, DeeDee noted.

DeeDee took a moment to look at herself in the mirror. Oh, did she look exhausted! Spying on people was always a tiring job, let alone spying on somebody as eccentric as A. After this assignment, DeeDee needed a break. A long break.

After searching the rest of the house, DeeDee stumbled upon a small little office with a computer inside. Hoping that she might find something online concerning A's location, DeeDee decided to investigate.

The computer did nothing but further confirm that A. had lived here, but no longer did. A. had searched the web for something, that much was clear, but evidently he had enough time to hide his trail. All that DeeDee could determine was that he was heading out of town.

Frida: Looking for someone?
DeeDee: WHAT!?
Frida: Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to sneak up on you. Kind of hard, since I'm dead.
DeeDee: Just a little.
Frida: Please, sit down. Maybe I can help.

DeeDee: Well, I guess you already knew that you had a living person staying with you. Male, glasses, orange highlights?
Frida: Oh, that guy. Forgive me if I'm not exactly comfortable with a pyromaniac in my house.
DeeDee: Understandable, I suppose. Do you know where he went, though?
Frida: Not specifically. He didn't tell me or any of the other ghosts here about it. There was this one thing in his room, though.
DeeDee: What thing, exactly?
Frida: Follow me, I'll show you.

Frida: He brought that poster back with him one day. There's something written on there, but I can't read it without my glasses.
DeeDee: Well, why not just put the glasses back on?
Frida: I'm still dead, remember?
DeeDee: Oh. Right. Sorry.

DeeDee: Now, let's see what this says here. "The Edgy Llamas. Going on tour in Starlight Shores. The Castle"
DeeDee: I've heard about this Castle. Owned by some famous family from a century ago. Doesn't seem like a place a band would tour. This must be where A's gone off to! If I hurry, I might be able to catch-

*AHOOOOO!*

Frida: Oh, no! I'm not sticking around for this one! Good luck!

DeeDee: Oh, no...

Katherine: Find him! Find them both! Don't let them escape!

Katherine: I will have my son back!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #142 on: May 14, 2013, 02:08:12 AM »
Aaaah, so much is happening and I don't understand it!

By samoht04

Louise56

« Reply #143 on: May 15, 2013, 09:42:10 AM »
I'm totally clueless too :P

Offline Blayzen

• I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! =P
  • Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #144 on: May 15, 2013, 10:25:11 PM »

I'm with you, Rosa! All I can say for sure is that I want more! Well, that and the fact that Katherine wants her son back. :-\ She's going to have a fight on her hands if she thinks she can take Fenris away from DeeDee - They belong together; DeeDee promised Thor she'd take care of him! Consider it a dying wish!

Oh Audren, what have you gotten A involved in this time? Didn't you learn anything from The Mole? These are dangerous forces you're toying with...
Tenshin - A Bachelorette Bromance =)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2013, 09:33:49 AM »

I'm totally clueless too :P

I hope I'm not making things too obtuse! There is some closure on the horizon, don't worry!

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Fusion of the Past (34)
« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2013, 09:55:25 AM »
Fusion of the Past

Everything was going as planned. Gillian was making fast work on gathering ingredients for ambrosia, and the scientists on Project Lazarus were equally vigilant, discounting that unfortunate incident with the Cow Plant. Ronin was confident that she could have a nice night out without being disturbed. Oh, how wrong she was.

Even while she was away from her core crowd in Bridgeport, Ronin still made an effort to practice her piano skills. Sure, she probably wouldn't get a huge crowd at the Fusion Lounge, but that wasn't her goal. All she wanted right now was practice.

Not that she wouldn't have minded having a few guests. The lounge was entirely empty save for one bartender, and he was half asleep. Oh well. Ronin figured it'd be just another training session, except that she'd have to go home at 1:00.

Ronin was somewhat disappointed by the lack of an actual piano in the lounge. She wouldn't complain about having a keyboard, but there was just something so majestic about the rich sounds of a grand piano that a keyboard simply couldn't replicate. Still, it wasn't like anybody was actually listening to her right now.

But there was.

All of this fog in the lounge wasn't helping matters, either. Ronin could barely see her own fingers, let alone anything beyond. There could've been a full scale parade watching her, and she wouldn't have seen it. Ronin took a quick moment to do some redecorating of the stage.

The lighting was perfect now. Why have plain old lamps when you could have neon magenta lamps? That wasn't getting into the fire on the stage, tying it all together.

A. had to chuckle at this. Even from here, his nose, trained by many years of exposure, could smell the fire on the stage. Great minds think alike, don't they?

He could pick out many of the songs Ronin was playing. Some of them were covers, of course, but a fair amount were written by her. Even after all these years, he could recognize nearly all of them.

But now was not the time to say anything about it. Things between A. and Ronin were still volatile, and the last thing A. wanted was to cause a scene. His plan was to quietly slip out and hope that Ronin didn't notice him.

The keys on the board were bristling with music. This was one of Ronin's favourites, and she would have loved to finish it. However, a far more pressing matter caught her attention, and her keyboard rang dead silent.

She had spotted him.

Ronin: What on Earth are you doing here!?

Louise56

« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2013, 10:53:47 AM »
No! Not a cliffhanger. :P I can't wait to see what happens next.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2013, 05:31:42 PM »
Did you just get in the habit of not showing her face or what? I like it, it adds to her mystique.

By samoht04

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #149 on: May 21, 2013, 05:22:10 PM »
No! Not a cliffhanger. :P I can't wait to see what happens next.

Well, your wish hbeen satisfied, for the next is upon us!

Did you just get in the habit of not showing her face or what? I like it, it adds to her mystique.

Well, her identity was secret for a while, so of course I didn't want to show her face, either. Even after I revealed Ronin's name, I haven't showed her face yet, for reasons that may or may not be clear later on. Funny you mention her face, though...

anything