Author Topic: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Bedtime Story (55)  (Read 71803 times)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Jimmy Lemmon (37)
« Reply #165 on: June 02, 2013, 06:35:40 AM »
So many thoughts...

1. I just love the look of total and complete calm that DeeDee has on her face throughout her escape from the Werewolves! Right up until she runs into Katherine and wields the awesomely terrifying Weapon of Words in Print!!

2. Have I mentioned how much I appreciate and adore the fact that the Alpha is a female!?! Perfect!! No one should ever go up against a Mother Bear, uh Wolf, protecting her Cub/Pup...

3. Aaah Gillian, how I've missed you!! Although, I must admit, your attempt at denying the fact that you were napping and your often whimsical thoughts remind me of someone...Or maybe I'm just paranoid. ;)

4. Ronin needs to get over her anger at A. and get on with bringing Thor back!! Personal Issues need to be set aside for the good of all simkind!

5. Finally, & most importantly, I'm still reading all of my favorite stories but it is very difficult to post from my phone...I didn't want anyone to think I'd given up on them! :)

1. DeeDee is made of harder stuff then she looks. No werewolf's getting in her way!

2. I'm not sure I had ever considering making the Pack Leader male. It just didn't have the same effect as, like you said, a Mama Wolf protecting her pup. As far as "antagonists" go, she definitely is sympathetic.

3. I'm sure Gillian would remind you of many people, including the one you are hinting. Write What You Know, you know?

4. Yes, Ronin's anger is somewhat counter-productive at this point, but who is to say that she's not equally devoted on bringing Thor back?

5. So, that's how you're reading this... clever.  :D

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Refusal (38)
« Reply #166 on: June 02, 2013, 06:54:48 AM »
Refusal

Gillian: *sob* I don't get it. How much longer until he shows up?
Valerie: *sob* Shouldn't be much longer.
Gillian: But I've been crying for hours!
Valerie: You've been crying for 5 minutes!
Gillian: But it felt like hours to me!

Suddenly, Valerie felt a cold breeze sweep behind her. Her first thought was that she was lucky to have brought her night jacket. Her second thought was that a cold breeze was a tell-tale sign of a ghost. Their mourning must have worked.

Valerie: Oh, Thor! It's you! You're back!
Thor: *confused* What are you trying to hide?
Valerie: Pardon me?
Thor: Never mind. I'll come back to you.

Thor: I should've known you'd be involved in bringing me back.
Gillian: Well, of course, silly! I can't let you fly up into the sky like all the other ladybugs!
Thor: Naturally.
Gillian: See? Somebody understands!
Thor: It's not understanding so much as lack of interest.
Gillian: Well, way to be such a spoilsport.
Thor: *shrug*

Gillian: See, Thor! Valerie and I got you a gift!
Thor: So that's what she's calling herself...
Gillian: What?
Thor: Oh, nothing. What is it?
Gillian: It's a potion we made to bring you back to life! Here, take it!

Thor: No, I cannot take this.
Gillian: Well, why not! You'd be alive again! Just take it!
Thor: No, Gillian.

Gillian: What is it, then? Do you like being dead now? Are you carelessly relaxing on zombie beaches or something?
Thor: Rest assured, Gillian, that I am not relaxing on zombie beachs, or on any other beaches, for that matter.
Gillian: Then why won't you take it?
Thor: There are things that only the dead can know. Things that I need to know if I am to stop the werewolves, and ultimately The Riddlemaster.

Thor: Don't get me wrong. I want to come back eventually. I just can't until I learn what I need to learn. When the time is right, I will be back. Trust me.
Gillian: *sigh* Okay. But Ronin will be upset.
Thor: I'm sure Ronin will know exactly what's happened here.
Gillian: Well, I'll tell her of course! Silly rabbit.
Thor: Hmm.

Thor: Now it is my time to leave.
Gillian: I don't want you to go.
Thor: Me either. Just remember, when the time is right, this Drake will fly once again.
Gillian: Okay. Be safe. Don't let the dragonflies get you!
Thor: *chuckles* I won't. Now, give me just a moment with your friend here.

Thor: *whisper* I know who you are, "Valerie." I don't know what your plan is, but it'd better work.

And then he was gone.

Gillian was devastated with the news of Thor's refusal. Why shouldn't he be able to come back? This time, she very well may have cried for hours.

Valerie, on the other hand, was quite startled. How on Earth could Thor know about, well, this? Must have something to do with being dead or something. Valerie's face quickly twisted into a frown. She had been doing that a lot recently.

(At this point, I'm sure somebody could figure out Valerie's real identity. It may just be the fact that I know who it is and can see all the clues clearly, but I've added some pretty heavy hinting in this update, and the last one. If anybody has any thoughts on her identity, feel free to PM me. I won't respond, but I'm curious to hear your suspicions)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #167 on: June 02, 2013, 07:15:09 AM »
Wow! Valerie isn't really a Valerie...I think I do know who she is...
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Louise56

« Reply #168 on: June 02, 2013, 09:29:15 AM »
I'm very bad at solving riddles lol. But she is kind of scary. :P Poor Gillian, she was so sad.

Offline Blayzen

• I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! =P
  • Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #169 on: June 02, 2013, 12:21:49 PM »
I think I know, I do, I DO!!

As much as I wish for Thor to come back, I guess we just have to trust his judgement on this...
Tenshin - A Bachelorette Bromance =)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #170 on: June 02, 2013, 12:51:37 PM »
I think I would have to re-read everything. Then again, I don't have a lot of confidence in my detective ability. Gillian is hilarious, and I really enjoy her insanity.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #171 on: June 09, 2013, 12:05:44 PM »
Wow! Valerie isn't really a Valerie...I think I do know who she is...

It'll be interesting to see if our guess is correct pertaining to Valerie's true identity. I hope it isn't too easy, though I don't think it should be too difficult.

I'm very bad at solving riddles lol. But she is kind of scary. :P Poor Gillian, she was so sad.

Gillian really was torn up about Thor's death, even more so since he's (so far) refusing to come back. I'm sure we can all forgive Gillian for being a tad bit upset over this.

I think I know, I do, I DO!!

As much as I wish for Thor to come back, I guess we just have to trust his judgement on this...

I'm sure Thor has a plan. We'll just have to see what it is...

I think I would have to re-read everything. Then again, I don't have a lot of confidence in my detective ability. Gillian is hilarious, and I really enjoy her insanity.

Truth be told, there really aren't any clues prior to Valerie's first appearance. If you really want to do your research, I'd start there.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Father with the Red Hair (39)
« Reply #172 on: June 10, 2013, 03:38:47 PM »
Father with the Red Hair

DeeDee: Fenris? What are you doing here?
Katherine: You named my son?
DeeDee: I never named him!
Katherine: Then WHO did!?

DeeDee: That's not the point.
Katherine: How is it not the point? You kidnap my son, give him a new name, and for what? Why did you bring him here? Why did you take him from me!?
DeeDee: I didn't bring him here! I don't know how he got here?
Voice: *ahem*

Brianna: I brought him here, Ma'am. To bring him back to his mother.
Fenris: Mummy!
Katherine: Oh, Brianna, thank you! Now, come help me with this thief!
Brianna: Actually, Ma'am, she is not wholly responsible for this.

DeeDee: You're the one from the library! You were following me all along!
Katherine: Brianna Phelan here has graciously offered her assistance with finding my son, on behalf of her employers.
DeeDee: Her employers? Who are you working for?
Brianna: I think we both know the answer to that, dear DeeDee.
DeeDee: Aliens... don't trust her, Katherine!

Brianna: As I was saying, Ma'am, this dasterdly woman was not alone with her evil plots. There was another thief.
Katherine: More thieves? You will tell me who helped you take my son, or else you will never leave this house alive!
DeeDee: We didn't take your son! We found him!
Katherine: And then you just kept him!? Who helped you!?
Brianna: Ma'am, I'm afraid you already know. This scum's fellow thief was red-haired.
Katherine: Red? *growl* Where is he?
DeeDee: Who are you-
Katherine: WHERE IS MY HUSBAND, YOU FILTH!?

DeeDee: Your husband? No...
Brianna: You hear the fear in her voice, Ma'am, don't you? She knows her whole scheme is falling apart.
DeeDee: There is no scheme!
Brianna: Once she's out of the way, we can find the boy's father and enact our revenge.
DeeDee: She's manipulating you, can't you see? If you just let me explain!
Katherine: You stole my son! Then can be no explanation!

Brianna: I am trying to help you, Ma'am, along with the Elders. We can heal your son of this most wicked psychological harm. After she is dealt with, of course.
Katherine: Yes, she must be dealt with.

But she would not be dealt with that day.

Thor: Get. Your. Hands. Off. Fenris!
Brianna: You see, Ma'am! Here is the other thief! Here is the boy's father!
Katherine: ... Who is this man?
Brianna: What? But the Riddlemaster said...
Thor: Fenris' father is a red-haired man, yes. But there is more than one Drake that flies in the Veil.
Katherine: Loki...
Thor: You see this now, Mother of the Winchester Clan? This woman, this spy, has tried to manipulate you in service of her alien overlords!

Brianna: Bah! You have no proof! You would believe this stranger over me, your trusted aide?

Thor: The aliens are the ones who want to steal your son, not me! Brianna here entered your service to get closer to your clan. She has fabricated the story of DeeDee stealing him so that she wouldn't be caught!
Katherine: Is this true, Brianna?
Thor: I have known of her treachery for some time, even while I was still alive, though I didn't know of her ties to the aliens until later. When it became clear that she would try to steal Fenris, I acted first.
Katherine: So, you did take my son?
Thor: To protect him from her! I bet she's even offered to "borrow" him for a while, to "treat his psychological harm?"

Brianna: Not, let me explain-
Katherine: Be silent, you liar! Why did you want my son?
Brianna: The Elders give me orders. I do not question them.
Katherine: Too bad. If you had, perhaps they would have warned you never to cross between a mother wolf and her pup.

Katherine: Victoria?
Victoria: Yes, Pack Mother?
Katherine: Take this slime to the police station. Ensure that she will never be let back to her masters.
Victoria: With pleasure, Pack Mother. Come along.
Brianna: The Oracles have foretold the boy's fate. The Elders will have the boy. Nothing you can do will stop it.
Victoria: Shut up and keep moving.

DeeDee: Wait, so your brother is married to Katherine?
Thor: Was married, I'm afraid.
Katherine: Loki died in a fire two years ago.
Thor: The aliens must have known we were twins and hoped that they could pin my deeds on him.
DeeDee: And that's how you got Fenris in the first place?
Thor: Well, that's not his name, of course. But yes.
DeeDee: So it's done, now.
Katherine: Yes. Those aliens won't be getting my son while I have anything to say about it.

Thor: How does it feel to be human again?
Katherine: Refreshing. Those fangs really get in the way if they're in there too long.
DeeDee: Now I guess it's time to call Gillian.
Katherine: Not yet.

Fenris: Mummy!
Katherine: There there, my Little Wolf.

Katherine: You're home now.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #173 on: June 10, 2013, 10:49:28 PM »
A very sweet reunion. I daresay things are starting to come together, but with more answers come more questions. Once again I am left curious--and that is a very good thing. :D Excellent chapter!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2013, 11:53:21 AM »
Audren, I believe the phrase they say is 'crazy like a fox!' That is you all the way! So many twisty turny things! I'm glad the mum and little boy are together again and that dead Thor is there to explain things.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #175 on: June 11, 2013, 12:24:57 PM »
A very sweet reunion. I daresay things are starting to come together, but with more answers come more questions. Once again I am left curious--and that is a very good thing. :D Excellent chapter!

I mus say that I'm glad that the plot threads are starting to come together. There were three distinct arcs going on at the same time, and now there will only be two. Things are wrapping up, but we still have a way to go.

Audren, I believe the phrase they say is 'crazy like a fox!' That is you all the way! So many twisty turny things! I'm glad the mum and little boy are together again and that dead Thor is there to explain things.

Yes, Thor sure did show up at the right time, didn't he? I'm very glad that Katherine is back with her son. We'll just have to see if it stays that way.

(Apparently, I am typing too fast for my computer, so the update might take a while. A typical sentence at my speed, loks lk ta.  It was supposed to be "looks like that" :()

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #176 on: June 11, 2013, 12:50:02 PM »
So... Fenris is Thor's nephew? Well, Fenris looks like his Mom, that's for sure.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Blayzen

• I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! =P
  • Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #177 on: June 12, 2013, 01:40:25 AM »
I love the way things are starting to come together for you in terms of narrowing the focus but I have to say, you had me confuzzled for a minute or two. My first thought was, "Wait, A is Fenris's Father!?" I had completely forgotten that Thor had red hair too. I guess I've gotten so used to seeing him as a Ghost that it never even crossed my mind. Although it was heart-warming to see the reunion between Fenris & Katherine, I hope that we haven't seen the last of him...He is just too adorable! Not to mention the fact that we still have the mystery as to why the Aliens wanted him in the first place...  :o

I can't wait to see what you come up with next. Since I've already PM'd you my guess as to Valerie's true identity, I want to find out if I'm right...Or even headed in the right direction on that subject. I'm not greedy, I'll accept even the smallest of hints  ;)
Tenshin - A Bachelorette Bromance =)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #178 on: June 12, 2013, 09:59:40 AM »
So... Fenris is Thor's nephew? Well, Fenris looks like his Mom, that's for sure.

Yes, that is correct. Katherine is actually Fenris aged up and re-gendered, plus a few edits of my own. There's no denying that they're family, though.

I love the way things are starting to come together for you in terms of narrowing the focus but I have to say, you had me confuzzled for a minute or two. My first thought was, "Wait, A is Fenris's Father!?" I had completely forgotten that Thor had red hair too. I guess I've gotten so used to seeing him as a Ghost that it never even crossed my mind. Although it was heart-warming to see the reunion between Fenris & Katherine, I hope that we haven't seen the last of him...He is just too adorable! Not to mention the fact that we still have the mystery as to why the Aliens wanted him in the first place...  :o

I can't wait to see what you come up with next. Since I've already PM'd you my guess as to Valerie's true identity, I want to find out if I'm right...Or even headed in the right direction on that subject. I'm not greedy, I'll accept even the smallest of hints  ;)

Oh no no. A has enough problems being the father of one child. He's done.  :P

This definitely is not the last you'll see of Fenris, or of Katherine, for that matter.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Rise of the Drake (40)
« Reply #179 on: June 12, 2013, 10:14:16 AM »
Rise of the Drake

Graveyards have never been a particularly popular hotspot, especially not in Starlight Shores. Something about the fact that everybody's dead kind of puts a damper on the partying. This week, however, there had been a surge of activity. Two women spent a fair bit of time here, preparing for some sort of resurrection. A ghost was here, though not a ghost native to this graveyard. He had turned the resurrection aside, and now he was gone, never to return to Starlight Shores.

Now it was the other Drake's turn.

Loki knew that Thor had gone to Starlight Shores to rebuke their attempts to bring him back. Thor still had much to learn beyond the Veil, and he wouldn't cast that aside just yet. In their haste, however, Gillian and not-Valerie had left behind their essential potion. In that small vial, Loki saw an opportunity.

It wasn't fair, if you thought about it. Why should Loki have to die so young? Why should he be parted so quickly from his loving wife and son? No child should have to live without a father, and if Loki could do something about that, he would. He owed Patrick that much.

Thor had been offered the chance to come back, and he had turned it aside. Loki did not see the wisdom in his brother's decision, but if Thor didn't want the potion, why shouldn't Loki take it? He had a family to return to. He couldn't just abandon them, could he?

As Loki threw down the potion that would change his unlife forever, he had a moment of doubt. This wasn't natural. Dead things shouldn't be coming back to life. Maybe this wasn't the right choice.

All doubt was erased from Loki's mind when the warm glows of life enveloped him. Loki was returning home.

anything