Author Topic: Things that scare you in Sims 3  (Read 48913 times)

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
Re: Things that scare you in Sims 3
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2014, 03:10:30 AM »
I always hold my breath when my game freezes. When I had a really bad computer it would just shut down for absolutely no warning and I'd lose hours of progress, I've since found my new computer much better. I can see how meteors would be terrifying! I had one sim household where I went through a groundhog day like experience, every time I played the son would go in the pool and drown. He always went straight for it too! After the 3 time of me restarting the game from my save point I just gave up on having a pool on the lot. Pools now scare me.
I do have one of my sims who swims in the resorts pool with a waterfall and he kept swim until he drown, in my immortal dynasty. Luckily he is just the extra.
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline sims2mermaid

• Nooboo
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2014, 07:20:18 PM »
I hate it when i go into cas and the sim gets really messed up like for example i went into cas with a raccoon, yes i know it was stupid of me to do that

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sims2mermaid

• Nooboo
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2014, 07:27:02 PM »
Also when i put my sim toddler in a stroller and it just looks so creepy.Plus when u get ur sim to look in the mirror in cas their eyes looks scary

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2014, 03:58:38 AM »
When there is sims dying one after another in close days and I don't have moodlet manager. It would be mourning days all the time.
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2014, 04:42:21 PM »
I get scared when toddlers glitch in their cribs. They grow to child size and quickly shrink back down and it's really quite scary!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline dharmagoddess

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2014, 05:21:33 PM »
The lightning sometimes startles me. Also, I'm not a fan of zombies. Probably b/c I've watched too much Walking Dead and I'm reading World War Z.

Offline symphonicanima

• Nova Salerix
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Origin ID: symphonicanima
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2014, 10:55:19 PM »
Only two things really freak me out about the Sims 3:

1) The slow, vaguely haunting music when a burglar creeps on your lot and your notifications haven't gone off yet. Good lord, that has sent shivers down my spine more than once.
2) When sims sometimes smile really, really wide to the point where all their teeth are showing and their lips are incredibly distorted around it, because to me it feels vaguely like they're about to eat someone or worse. Sheesh.

Surprisingly zombies have never freaked me out, they're just incredibly annoying despite me turning off zombies entirely in my game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Forever3Sims

• Nooboo
« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2014, 06:45:35 PM »
Well, at the beginning when I was pretty bad, I freaked out when my first robber stepped on my lot. From now on they still do!

Whenever game saving takes a bit longer than normal, or same with loading the game from the main menu.

Failed plastic surgery is also pretty tense...

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2014, 01:25:58 PM »
Totally agree about the burglar music...most of the time I turn down the volume when I play but it still freaks me out!
The Repo-Man used to scare me when I was still a Sims noob, I was like "I have burglar alarms, why can this man rob me!" Sigh.  ::)

Offline johanna_zoelee

• Nooboo
« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2014, 08:00:18 PM »
For me, when there is a glitch in the toddler like the neck and arms grow super long and scary. So i never let the toddler watch tv or play with blocks. Also, when my dog/cat became super long and thin to go into he garage bcauz the door was locked. As for fires i usually shift click the moodlet or ruch them to the toilet, so I'm not scared of it. Zombies freak me out, when i see one i either shift click delete them, or reset them.

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2014, 02:58:44 AM »

1) The slow, vaguely haunting music when a burglar creeps on your lot and your notifications haven't gone off yet. Good lord, that has sent shivers down my spine more than once.

^This. I don't know why, particularly, but it gets me every time.
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Offline pepoluan

• Nooboo
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2014, 10:25:47 AM »
^This. I don't know why, particularly, but it gets me every time.
Hear, hear!

It's not the music that made my hair stand on end; it's the sudden waking up of my sim in the midst of a peaceful slumber.

It was as if it was me who had awakened in the middle of the night, not knowing exactly what awakened me...

Brrr.

Offline MoirailZoned

• Nooboo
  • Yeye
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2015, 10:46:36 AM »
Not exactly scary in the sense of content, but one of my families live in Bridgeport and so sometimes Sims end up dying on our lot because we live in a High Rise. It always scares me because I can't tell who's dying, especially when the camera incorrectly zooms in on a spot where one of my own Sims just happen to be standing.
Just a person with too much time on their hands but still not enough.

Icon: http://cam070.deviantart.com/art/Homestuck-icon-set-306255663

Offline furry98

• Nooboo
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2015, 01:52:45 AM »
The scariest thing I've experienced in the sims was when my first sims pregnant wife died. I kept trying to get her to eat, but since the counters were too dirty she wouldn't cook anything. Since this was my first game ever, I didn't know sims could die, so when the grim reaper came knocking at my sims door, I wasn't too happy. Then right after that, of course my sim just HAD to go get squashed by meteor! I learned a lot from that play session, that's for sure!

Offline Romilly

• Nooboo
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2015, 12:30:09 PM »
Roaches. I am afraid of them in real life. Whenever I have had to be around them, it has turned my life upside down. Not that I imagine anyone likes them, but I just am a basket case. I am like Vladimir when it comes to bugs.  :o

Roaches in The Sims 1 made me nervous and ruined my enjoyment of the game, no matter how rare their occurence. I decided to employ the No Roaches file fix. I had a dream about roaches around that time. There was a swarm on the floor nearby. I knew I was dreaming because the roaches were bright blue -- a Sims dream!

I was glad not to see these things in Sims 3. When I got Island Paradise, I could not play for long without everything freezing. I read that one of the fixes is repositioning the resort roach spawners because they are too far below ground. They cause Sims to stand around stamping their feet because they can’t remedy the situation. When I get around to fixing it, I’m just going to delete the spawners.

anything