Author Topic: Things that scare you in Sims 3  (Read 33691 times)

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: Things that scare you in Sims 3
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2014, 02:58:44 AM »

1) The slow, vaguely haunting music when a burglar creeps on your lot and your notifications haven't gone off yet. Good lord, that has sent shivers down my spine more than once.

^This. I don't know why, particularly, but it gets me every time.
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Offline pepoluan

• Nooboo
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2014, 10:25:47 AM »
^This. I don't know why, particularly, but it gets me every time.
Hear, hear!

It's not the music that made my hair stand on end; it's the sudden waking up of my sim in the midst of a peaceful slumber.

It was as if it was me who had awakened in the middle of the night, not knowing exactly what awakened me...

Brrr.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoirailZoned

• Nooboo
  • Yeye
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2015, 10:46:36 AM »
Not exactly scary in the sense of content, but one of my families live in Bridgeport and so sometimes Sims end up dying on our lot because we live in a High Rise. It always scares me because I can't tell who's dying, especially when the camera incorrectly zooms in on a spot where one of my own Sims just happen to be standing.
Just a person with too much time on their hands but still not enough.

Icon: http://cam070.deviantart.com/art/Homestuck-icon-set-306255663

Offline furry98

• Nooboo
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2015, 01:52:45 AM »
The scariest thing I've experienced in the sims was when my first sims pregnant wife died. I kept trying to get her to eat, but since the counters were too dirty she wouldn't cook anything. Since this was my first game ever, I didn't know sims could die, so when the grim reaper came knocking at my sims door, I wasn't too happy. Then right after that, of course my sim just HAD to go get squashed by meteor! I learned a lot from that play session, that's for sure!

Offline Romilly

• Nooboo
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2015, 12:30:09 PM »
Roaches. I am afraid of them in real life. Whenever I have had to be around them, it has turned my life upside down. Not that I imagine anyone likes them, but I just am a basket case. I am like Vladimir when it comes to bugs.  :o

Roaches in The Sims 1 made me nervous and ruined my enjoyment of the game, no matter how rare their occurence. I decided to employ the No Roaches file fix. I had a dream about roaches around that time. There was a swarm on the floor nearby. I knew I was dreaming because the roaches were bright blue -- a Sims dream!

I was glad not to see these things in Sims 3. When I got Island Paradise, I could not play for long without everything freezing. I read that one of the fixes is repositioning the resort roach spawners because they are too far below ground. They cause Sims to stand around stamping their feet because they canít remedy the situation. When I get around to fixing it, Iím just going to delete the spawners.

Offline Romilly

• Nooboo
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2015, 12:44:28 PM »
The very first time the Repo-man came to my house, I had no idea who he was and why he was able to come into my house and take something even though I had a burglar alarm set up.  I got totally freaked out.  Later I did some research online and found out you actually had to pay bills.   :P

When I pay no attention to the bills, then the bills expired without last moment notification.
Suddenly there is the repo-man/woman on my house.  :o Shocking! and Annoying.

It makes me go oh no when I forget to pay the bills and I know I canít stop the repo-man from coming. Then I have to decide whether to watch carefully to see what was taken, or if I have saved recently enough and can abandon it.

Offline Neurotic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2015, 12:16:58 PM »
Burglars. They terrify me too much.
I'm neurotic all right...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mfb

• NPC
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2015, 12:22:44 AM »
Lightning strikes, especially when they occur near your camera.  The loudness of them is insane and makes me jump every time one strikes.

Cristina

« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2015, 04:11:30 AM »
Wow, I'm sorry about your money trees. For me it's also the lightning, especially when it hits the house you're in. Gets me every time.

Offline Charlottesmom

• Nooboo
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2015, 02:07:59 PM »
My sim Rebecca is married to Jared and when they went to Egypt and were exploring a tomb the mummy showed up and scared me half to death! I also HATE fires, my sim was at University and left the fireplace going in her room and pretty much burned half the room down, it was getting too scary and she couldn't seem to put it out so I quit w/o saving! Stinks too because she was doing awesome with studying etc...