Author Topic: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Orange Skies  (Read 423927 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 1, 1/25
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 12:41:20 AM »
Your new founder is quite lovely and charming in every aspect! I quite adore her! Although Pam would point out that she needs stockings for her sleepwear. I see you're following much the same strategy as before, I can't wait to see who becomes the spouse!

Thank you, I'm quite fond of her myself  ;). Excellent point . . . the question is: how did I forget them? Yes, the strategy really all worked out in my last attempt (everyone died off at precisely the right time, all museum thingamajigs were completed without too much difficulty, etc.) and I really just couldn't abandon my favorite townie sims! Just wait until you see who the spouse is, I made a spur-of-the-moment decision that I think might pay off!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 12:45:00 AM »

Little Alex is adorable. You really lucked out with him. Possible future dynasty spouse, perhaps? It looks like you're off to a great start and have everything well in hand.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 01:08:22 AM »
Little Alex is adorable. You really lucked out with him. Possible future dynasty spouse, perhaps? It looks like you're off to a great start and have everything well in hand.

Well, it would be just a tad creepy to marry Serena off to him, and I already have plans for the next immortal . . . am I the only one shipping Alex and Kaylynn? Mwahahahahaha! (My apologies, I tend to become overcome with evil-overlord-hysteria when pairing up sims)
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 12:48:29 AM »
Chapter 2 - Dating A Married Man--Whoops!

"Kaylynn! I am going to kill you!"

"Zelda, is attempting to kill your niece really a kind action that will benefit the world?"

"Yeah, Aunt Zelda, is killing me really a kind action that will benefit--"

"Kaylynn Langerak!"

I really will need to have a little chat with Zelda about how impressionable and fragile teenagers are--does she want Kaylynn to grow up with sad family memories? Ah, well, I suppose she did have an excuse for being a little snappish, considering that it was her adult birthday.

Agnes also celebrated her birthday (did you know that Zelda and Agnes share a birthday? A good omen!) but she didn't even leave the art room. I believe she is now living on coffee, bread, and the random Invigorating Elixir.

On a slightly happier note--did I tell you that I bought Summer Hill Springs? I built a nice little play area, including the Slip 'n' Slide and water balloon arena. I do hope that Alex will spend more time in the playground than fishing, as a happy childhood is very conducive to a long and happy life.

There are also the coordinated bathrooms located on the opposite side of the park. I'm a little peeved that blue is considered a "male" color, so the builders painted the men's room blue! The stereotypes in this town are truly horrifying. I must file a complaint at City Hall the next time I'm in town . . .

The other night, Kaylynn went off to Prom. I helped her pick out her dress and jewelry, and she looked just like a princess!

Being a very popular young lady, she won Prom Queen! I also heard her giggling on the phone about a "Micheal," who I'm sure is a very nice young lad who will soon find himself being stalked by a fairy-like pink tornado. (I'm referring to Zelda checking out this Michael character to see if he's worthy of our Kaylie, if that wasn't very clear in the previous sentence.)

Then again, Zelda may be a little too busy for Michael-stalking.

"You're way prettier than my wife."

"You're way too old for me, but I find your money very attractive."

Alex aged up out by the pond--if he had told me about his birthday, I would have thrown him a party! Oh, the people of this house are so hard to deal with . . . "Don't be such a baby, Serena, no one has birthday parties anymore . . . I'll show them!

Oh, isn't he cute? Since his birthday, he displays more interest in fishing than ever! I'll need to find something to tear him away from the pond long enough to create a life for him . . . teenage girl party, anyone?

I believe his favorite color is white (Like Kaylynn's. Why are we cursed so?) but I convinced him to add a few hints of blue. Blue. It is everything.

It's quite cute to see them working on homework together and comparing their dynasty work. Kaylynn is a bit contemptuous of fishing, while Alexander still remembers his days chained to the easel. They get along well.

Alex has started working out after curfew--to impress Kaylynn? Possibly, maybe, probably, yes, I hope so, nooboo!

What? Sorry? I lost my train of thought.

Meanwhile, I was trying to do a bit of visiting--get to know people in town, y'know? I was planning to visit the Working Friends, but somehow ended up . . . lost. Again. Considering that getting lost once let me meet Agnes, I decided to just go with the flow.

Not wanting to be rude, I threw a Friendship elixir at Morgana's husband, Thornton. After all, Morgana seemed approachable enough, while Thornton was a bit, er, scarier. And/or intimidating, take your pick. I'm certain that our thought bubbles at the time were completely coincidental.

However, we rapidly discovered that we had a lot in common! Not only that, but Thornton is rather cute . . . if you can ignore the sideburns . . .

Anywho, I invited him over to my place so we could continue the conversation without disturbing Mrs. Wolff, and the subject of change came up. Thornton mentioned that he felt a little confined and compressed by his current circumstances. His marriage was in a rut--he and Morgana hardly even Woohooed anymore! He was living in a beautiful house, with a steady and profitable career, but that just pressed down on his relentless ambition and gave him nothing more to search for.

To me, it seemed that what Thornton really needed was some time away from his life. So, I invited him to move in for a while--just until he found a new passion. It's not like dynasty rules prevent him from leaving, right?

He certainly cleans up nicely! He shaved the sideburns and--oooooh, look at those clear gray eyes . . .

I also convinced him to abandon the . . . I don't want to say monstrosity--as that would probably damage the suit's self-esteem--but I can think of no kind words at the moment. Go with the flow, just go with the flow.

I wished him delightful dreams before we retired to our bedrooms. I dreamed of unicorns and world peace; I do so hope Thornton's dreams were as joyful!

The next morning, my innocent comment about taking a greeting card picture at the Science Facility suddenly turned into something . . . else. Not sure how or why, he just kind of leaned closer and gazed at me with the eyes.

I'm not sure how I feel about flirting with a guy who's married. I mean, Thornton made a commitment to Morgana, and just because we have a bit of a connection doesn't mean--"Flowers! Oh, Thornton, I love them!"

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 2, 1/26
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 01:32:48 AM »
Mr. Commitment Issues Thornton as a dynasty spouse? This ought to be interesting. He's going to hate being around all of the kids. :P

Louise56

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 09:38:06 AM »
Thornton is a good choice, the nooboos will be very cute.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 09:51:04 AM »
Sideburns is back in action! Make sure Hebe Smith doesn't hear about this. :-X

Well, not-Sideburns now. He's still handsome, but I felt those sideburns just completed his look. Nice move ditching that suit, though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 12:42:50 PM »
Mr. Commitment Issues Thornton as a dynasty spouse? This ought to be interesting. He's going to hate being around all of the kids. :P

He doesn't hate kids, he just . . . erm . . . well, he'll start liking them eventually, I'm sure!

Thornton is a good choice, the nooboos will be very cute.

I know, even I have to get tired of Chris Steel at some point! No one's inherited the thin lips yet, but it's only a matter of time.

Sideburns is back in action! Make sure Hebe Smith doesn't hear about this. :-X

Well, not-Sideburns now. He's still handsome, but I felt those sideburns just completed his look. Nice move ditching that suit, though.

I'm still undecided on the sideburns. They may make a reappearance, but I'm not really a huge fan of the facial hair in Sims, so it's debatable.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 12:55:21 PM »
He sure does clean up nicely.  Might want to beware the wrath of Morgana, though!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013, 03:41:41 AM »
He is very nice-looking now, I never noticed his pretty eyes before. He has been used before, by ratchie in her Smith Immortal Dynasty. I agree that blue is not masculine, I am mad at the builders too!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013, 09:57:17 AM »
He sure does clean up nicely.  Might want to beware the wrath of Morgana, though!
He is very nice-looking now, I never noticed his pretty eyes before. He has been used before, by ratchie in her Smith Immortal Dynasty. I agree that blue is not masculine, I am mad at the builders too!

I'm still combing through the Completed Dynasty Stories, so I've only seen him used by the Moons of Jupiter and he helped produce some very pretty twin girls. I must say--I love that power suit. SO much. I laugh my head off every time I see it in-game!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2013, 06:54:05 PM »
Chapter 3 - Bachelorette of the Century

Somehow, Thornton and I ended up at the Grind, where we continued to talk about our interests. Thornton was certainly very considerate and complimentary--and such refined tastes! He is very classy, and classical music is nice and all, but I need to introduce him to Indie sometime.

We ordered a few drinks and danced a bit, then I got to thinking about how nice he was, and the distinguished hints of gray in his hair, and how lovely his clear gray eyes were . . .

When I kissed him, it seemed that all thought of Morgana flew from Thornton's mind. Never mind the years of content, if not particularly passionate, marriage . . . the life they had built together down by the ocean. He had fallen in love with a golden-haired witch, and sayonara Morgana!

After a few (hours, days, weeks?) minutes of kissing, we took a taxi to the bistro. Thornton insisted on paying for the meal, and we sat very close together at the table.

After we had finished eating, Thornton knelt on the ground and pulled a ring out of his back pocket! First, I wondered: Does he just carry a ring around in a black velvet box?

I suddenly gasped, realizing that this was a proposal. A marriage proposal!

We were asked to leave several minutes later, something about public decency rules? How very rude of the bistro workers--you know I'm going to hear a lot about this when I go back to work on Thursday!

Thornton decided to take up alchemy, as I was really too busy with cooking to brew Invigorating Elixirs for Agnes. He's doing quite well already, despite insisting that alchemy is a science, not magic. We really will need to have a talk about this . . .

Anyway, I took Kaylynn out to the Grind for a little girl-to-girl chat about the dynasty. She took the opportunity to sneak a few drinks, and didn't seem to hear anything I told her about never getting married and not having kids. I hope this doesn't come back to bite me later . . .

I had an ulterior motive for being at the Grind, however. Can you say Bachelorette Party! I quite like this outfit, and so does my friend Jared, apparently. Such a nice man, Jared, but so terribly misunderstood!

Kaylynn decided to stick around for the party and gave her older brother, Parker, a few "constructive suggestions" concerning my boss, Molly. It's always nice to see a little more love in the world, isn't it?

Oh, and the nectar made a guest appearance!

Kaylynn's father, Dustin also showed up. He is always sending me the nicest letters and little presents!

Zelda decided to show her brother-in-law how it is done! I believe her power-suit is a joke between Zelda and her sister, although Iliana did not seem to find it overly amusing.

Molly surprised me with a spray of nectar on my way to the bathroom. I really was quite thirsty, and tried to catch most of it in my mouth! One of the party dancers Agnes had hired seemed to find this quite interesting.

In the end, my clothes really were so soaked as to be indecent, so I . . . ah . . . the picture explains it all.

The rest of the night was a bit of a blur and, looking back at the pictures Kaylynn posted on the SimNet, maybe I had a little too much fun.

It must be said that I am an excellent dancer! And, let's face it--how many women could rock blue underwear covered in stars while dancing on a table in front of a window? No wonder this picture has gone viral! 2,000,000 views and counting . . .

However, this photo is rated Number 1! I believe it is being placed on a billboard somewhere by a major highway in Bridgeport. Isn't that just too thoughtful?

I spent the rest of the night dancing with one of the half-dressed party dancers. Doesn't being a party dancer sound like fun? I mean, it's basically partying in your underwear with hot guys and unlimited bottles of nectar . . . oh, my. Who knew I had such a wild side?

The moment I got home, Agnes force-fed me an Invigorating Elixir and started her first unmelting ice sculpture. I think my pose really represents the fierceness I feel while wearing my underwear. That came out wrong, didn't it?

That night (or afternoon, really--I got home around 4 A.M.) I dreamt of . . . myself.

Or, I should say, my selves.

Strange, is it not? In the morning, I ordered a You are Special Sing-a-Gram for Zelda and felt much more like myself again. Or is it my selves . . .

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 3, 1/29
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2013, 07:00:53 PM »
Awesome, awesome job on the bachelorette party!  I also love the dinner shot at the bistro with the clock in the background.  Fantastic.

Your founder does like her bad boys, doesn't she?  It doesn't surprise me at all that she's friends with Jared Frio.  Well, maybe if things don't work out with Wolffy...

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2013, 07:42:43 PM »
Awesome, awesome job on the bachelorette party!  I also love the dinner shot at the bistro with the clock in the background.  Fantastic.

Your founder does like her bad boys, doesn't she?  It doesn't surprise me at all that she's friends with Jared Frio.  Well, maybe if things don't work out with Wolffy...

I was just surprised they actually sat at the same table! Never, ever happened to one of my sim couples before . . . it's destiny!

Opposites do attract, right? And I think you just coined the nickname "Wolffy" for Thornton; I'll never think of him the same way again!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
Chapter 4 - Let it Snow!

Winter has come to Sunset Valley! Don't you love snow? It's like a big, white, fluffy blanket of cloud cradling my house and family . . . I do so wish I had time to go out and play! Sadly, with all the dynasty work, everyone is too busy skilling to enjoy the snow-snow-snow-snow-snow! Next year, right?

"Serena? There's an article about the wedding in the paper!"

I immediately ran to his side. "Really? Let me read it!"

"Where does it start? Okay . . . The mysterious newcomer to Sunset Valley, beautiful young Serena Elysi, arrived in town on the first Sunday of summer. She quickly attained employment at the local bistro, and moved in prominent residents Agnes Crumplebottom, Zelda Mae, and Zelda's niece, Kaylynn. Another child was seen arriving at the Elysi house several days later.

Who is this strange, secretive woman? She is said to throw the most legendary parties of all time, yet guests are never allowed to enter the house. Almost instantaneously, she became a celebrity and the family funds are said to be at over half a million dollars.

For her wedding, Serena wore clothing that had not been purchased in Sunset Valley: a dress colored blue; a simple, geometric bracelet; and a priceless diamond necklace.
"

"What powers does Serena Elysi possess?"

"See, look down there, they have a bit about Agnes!"

"Oh, how lovely! Reclusive widow Agnes Crumplebottom was the first to enter the Elysi house, and immediately traded her mourning black for more festive garments. She disappeared for several weeks, then spent yet more time sculpting Ms. Elysi. When a reporter tried to approach her, Ms. Crumplebottom threw him across the street. Literally. Why is this artist so hesitant to speak to the public?"

"Then there's socialite Zelda Mae, who washed the dye out of her hair and traded in her cheap jeans for some new, expensive dresses. She has been seen gardening in a greenhouse in the backyard, and now spends much less time partying. How far will Zelda go to protect her new lifestyle and the family secret?"

"But we haven't even mentioned the groom yet! Thornton Wolff was cold, rich man with a hand filled with ambition, and the other with money. He lived at a secluded house with his loving wife, Morgana, and publicly stated many times that they did not intend to have children. It has never been rumored that Thornton had a secret lover, so obviously he and Serena have disguised their affair until recently. Serena and Thornton are obviously very passionate, and can be seen flirting and making out in public often."

"Say, why don't we add a bit of truth to this one?"

"Oh, you . . ."

I set up a perfectly lovely winter wedding--although, now that I think about it, we needed more rosebushes!

Thornton and I discussed the marriage one more time, right before the guests arrived. He wasn't sure that his commitment issues and dislike of children would make him a very good father. I was worried that having a family would delay his progress in his career.

In the end, we stood beneath the arch together as equals, best friends, and those lucky sims who are blessed with mutual, passionate love. Staring into those gray eyes, the question is not if I love him, but how I could keep myself from loving him.

His ring fit perfectly on my finger.

As we kissed, it seemed that the snowflakes transformed to heart-shaped petals and fluttered down, but we hardly noticed.

Thornton excused himself to go to the bathroom, but left a note that I should go into the little shack across the pond. When did we get a pond?

And there he was, my husband, sitting among the flowers. I couldn't keep myself from smiling, seeing the wedding photograph that adorned the wall already.

Some people are just so blessed in life, to find their other half. Now, with Thornton's arms around me, I feel that I am one of those fortunate people. No, I'm the most fortunate, because while others have their loves, I'm the only one who has Thornton.

"Did you hear chimes?"

"No, you?"

"I guess we'll just have to try again . . ."

"Oh, Thornton . . ."

Overall? It was a wonderful night for the heated, rapid love that never lasts, but is sweet to think back on.

While the others slept, Thornton and I decided to find as many places to Woohoo as possible.

We also took a few family-friendly photos to hang next to our wedding picture. The one on the upper-right is my favorite.

Oops. Nothing to see here, folks! I'm so happy to have my own private bathroom . . . I'd hate to scar Kaylynn and Alexander! And Agnes and Zelda, for that matter!

At last, back to the bed for one last wedding night love-fest.

Is it really any surprise that I ended up in the bathroom several hours later? Oh, it is so wonderful to be married!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

anything