Author Topic: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Orange Skies  (Read 419110 times)

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Nightmares
« Reply #570 on: April 26, 2013, 12:41:43 AM »
Absolutely not. I thought the same thing. Although if we open up all the options, I think maybe fire or blunt force trauma would be more red for Bree.

Come to think of it, just because I thought it too doesn't make it not weird . . .

Haha, I was thinking of things relevant to their supermax--the chef starves, the sculptor catches on fire, and the athlete drowns.

LOL!  Love this! 

And actually, I thought it too, though I like your reasoning too Azokka XD  Does that make us all sick puppies I wonder?

I love how this caught on! Let us all campaign to make being a ghost more enjoyable by making them their favorite color!  :P
Just kidding. But still, you have to wonder whether we're all brilliant or all crazy... Or both.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Nightmares
« Reply #571 on: April 26, 2013, 12:50:11 AM »
They go hand in hand. I did have a vague feeling that Bree drowning was strangely appropriate, but I did not examine it. I like your reasoning though! And way back when they had the challenge The Life State Race, I absolutely tried to make ghosts their favourite colour. If I have to kill a Sim, I at least want it to be a bit better.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 4/25
« Reply #572 on: April 26, 2013, 05:03:37 PM »
Chapter 69 - The Death of Iris Bianca

Grandfather's daughter appeared after his death. For those of you not knowledgeable of my family tree--that would be my  mother. At first, she appeared completely normal. But time flew by at an accelerated rate and snow began to fall until the world was covered . . . and Mother wasn't wearing a jacket.

Her tan skin flashed a sickly white, almost pearly. Icy, really.

Mother fell forward into the snow, frozen and lifeless. Her eyes were still open.

Her ghost was strangely . . . beautiful.

I began to relax, thinking it was over. Now I would feel like I was falling, and wake up just before hitting the ground. But something was still off. Why couldn't I leave the dream? There was no one left. Mother was always the last one, ever since the very first nightmare.

Bubba picked a jellybean off the bush and popped it into his mouth, then glowed bright yellow. "Ouch, this thing is awful! Not filling at all. I feel like I'm eating mango-flavored popcorn."

"Bubba? No! We have to get out of here right now."

"It's cool, pretty doctor. You can call a taxi while I grab a soda. I need something to clean that taste out of my mouth!"

He walked over to the soda machine and tapped one of the buttons, then rolled his eyes. "Hang on a sec, I just need to get it unjammed--"

The machine rocked and slammed down on him, crushing him with a grin still frozen on his face.

Even his ghost smiled and gave me a little wink before hopping into the tombstone.

Finally, I lost it. As is often the case in a dream, I found myself standing on top of a block of wood with a bullhorn in hand, and began screaming at the reaper and even hitting him with my free hand.

I felt airy and light, and looked down to see my skin luminescent neon yellow-green, and floating several inches from the floor. I shook Grim's cloaked hand, and looked up into what lay within the hood of his cloak. And I understood.

And woke up.

Watcher's Note:

At this point, you're all probably wondering what this is for. Azokka, why did you kill off all of our characters? Not cool!

Well, this is more for you guys than anything else. It doesn't have anything to do with the story itself, or the actual game. It's really just giving you more insight into IB's . . . IBness. She probably seems a little withdrawn and analytical and, in my opinion, it's because ever since she was a little kid she's been having nightmares about her family dying in a dozen different ways. She may not remember, but her subconscious must be constantly urging her to remain unemotional and uncaring so she isn't emotionally wrecked by the constant deaths of the people she loves going on in her dreams.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - The Death of Iris Bianca
« Reply #573 on: April 26, 2013, 05:08:49 PM »
Wow, what a unique way to flesh out the background.  Dream analysis stuff is always cool.  Bravo!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #574 on: April 26, 2013, 05:57:43 PM »
I started to understand that when she mentioned that the nightmares 'always' went a certain way. Then I realised that this is a recurring nightmare for her, which I didn't realise before. So appropriate, those last three deaths. I especially liked how you subverted our expectations with Bubba. Thought he was going to die by jelly bean, and then it was the vending machine instead! Ha! And of course IB would be ranting about death, and Kara as a Defrosting Ice Queen would naturally freeze to death. I notice Bianca did not appear in the dream ???
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #575 on: April 26, 2013, 06:00:16 PM »
Wow! I suppose it adds to story. Its just so sad!

I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #576 on: April 26, 2013, 06:01:31 PM »
I love to get more back story! Sorry I haven't been very good at commenting lately, but I'm loving how you are working it. Keep going!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #577 on: April 26, 2013, 07:57:41 PM »
Wow, poor girl... yeah, her attitude makes much more sense now.  Poor thing. :(  *huggles IB*

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #578 on: April 27, 2013, 03:22:23 PM »
Wow, what a unique way to flesh out the background.  Dream analysis stuff is always cool.  Bravo!

Zhank you, I try.  ;D I feel very special.

I started to understand that when she mentioned that the nightmares 'always' went a certain way. Then I realised that this is a recurring nightmare for her, which I didn't realise before. So appropriate, those last three deaths. I especially liked how you subverted our expectations with Bubba. Thought he was going to die by jelly bean, and then it was the vending machine instead! Ha! And of course IB would be ranting about death, and Kara as a Defrosting Ice Queen would naturally freeze to death. I notice Bianca did not appear in the dream ???

Yes, she's been having the exact same nightmare ever since she was a little kid. I used to have the same thing (it was based on a little kid fairy book that I could never read again) and it can be very traumatizing! Haha, I actually was going to have him die by jellybean, but after I had him eat jellybean after jellybean for three days straight I gave up and have him slam a vending machine a few times. For some reason I couldn't start with 8 sims, so I just decided to go with 7 and the immediate family.

Wow! I suppose it adds to story. Its just so sad!

I hate having to kill off all my favorite sims, but it was for a good cause.

I love to get more back story! Sorry I haven't been very good at commenting lately, but I'm loving how you are working it. Keep going!

Thanks! I love your comments, but I read your story from the beginning, loved it, and commented maybe twice (being a terrified little nooboo new to the forum) so I can't blame you!

Wow, poor girl... yeah, her attitude makes much more sense now.  Poor thing. :(  *huggles IB*

She really needs a hug. Problem is, she doesn't like hugging or initiate it!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 4/26
« Reply #579 on: April 27, 2013, 04:00:46 PM »
Chapter 70 - A New Arrival

I woke up in tears, but Bubba hugged me close under the blankets and, after I quieted down, asked if I wanted to see something funny. This is Eddie Riddick, Bianca's latest client.

He must have informed my parents, because Bianca left that afternoon and returned with the latest member of our household, Cleo Elysi.

I'm not exactly the most emotional person, but Cleo is simply adorable. Between her floppy little ears, patchwork fur, and excited little tail--I just want to ingest her!

My fiancé is also trying to cheer me up in his own way. I believe we're the first people to use this hot tub in years! In any case, we've had a few wonderful evenings making out and cuddling, and we might have taken it a bit further . . .

. . . if not for the multitude of eager chaperones. I'm irritated, but also the tiniest bit grateful, because I am determined to wait until after the wedding, but I'm not entirely sure that I'm strong enough to resist the temptation without a little support.

Aunt Rosalia took this photograph of us that everyone else finds quite amusing, for some reason. Including Bubba.

Mother and Bianca hung back until after everyone else left. I wonder why?

After a few evenings, Bubba and I decided to return to flirting and kissing in our bathroom. It's far more private, and my fiancé really likes ambushing me right when I'm about to go to bed.

He wouldn't mind being in his sleepwear too during our makeouts, but I like his hat and leather jacket. And let's face it--we wouldn't be able to handle waiting for the wedding.

The next morning was Mother's elder birthday. She did her best to be excited, for the sake of her sanity and mine. I had only seen her as a beautiful young adult and adult, and knowing that my mother would be an elder in only a few hours, and I was several weeks from adult myself, was a little traumatizing.

Even in elderhood, my mother refuses to have gray hair or even get rid of the green highlights! She went to work with a bottle of hair dye and eyeliner, and looked her old self (key word here being old) in no time.

The family artists immediately got to work immortalizing Mother in ice and paint.

She stole away as quickly as possible, however, to celebrate her birthday with her wife.

To lighten the mood a little, why don't we see a few makeovers? You all know my best friend and half-sister Juana Hart. Well, she's always been a knockout but I finally convinced her to let Bianca play around with her hair and wardrobe.

She is seriously gorgeous, right? Bianca swears that we're practically twins, besides the eyes, but I think Juana is far more exotic.

This is Ms. Quiana Hatch, Grandfather Nick's teenage daughter with Emma Hatch. She's a fairy, just like her mother, who's quite the daredevil. Grandmother Bree's considering taking her under her wing as a karate student.

Cynthia, her twin sister, is more of a party girl. I think she's the prettier of the two, with a nice combination of Hatch and Elysi.

I know that, someday, I will be the one descending the stairs into the mysterious Hall of Memory. But, for now, I am grateful for the knowledge that my own ambrosia is far, far away.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - A New Arrival
« Reply #580 on: April 27, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »
Nice update!  I think you managed quite successfully to avoid letting "elderhood" cheat her of her youthful personality.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #581 on: April 27, 2013, 05:14:11 PM »
A very nice update. Those fairy makeovers are simply wonderful. Nick has made some lovely daughters!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #582 on: April 27, 2013, 06:24:39 PM »
I love the pictures of Bubba and IB kissing.  So cute!  And yes, Nick makes some lovely kids.  I think Bubba is becoming one of my very favorite spouses.  He is a very close second to Lolita.  Also... PUPPY!  Soooo adorable!  I think I'm even more enamored of Sim Puppies than I should be because I'm going through puppy withdrawal... haven't had a dog in years.  And can't have one where I live, so I can only have them in game XD

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #583 on: April 27, 2013, 06:36:56 PM »
If only Juana's wings were purple...
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #584 on: April 27, 2013, 07:59:24 PM »
Nice, fun, and light hearted update :-)

Yay sim puppy!! :D
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!