Author Topic: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Orange Skies  (Read 422926 times)

molly1231

Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Level B2
« Reply #720 on: May 21, 2013, 11:04:32 AM »
How could you a afford that much broken stuff? :o

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #721 on: May 21, 2013, 11:21:47 AM »
By this point in a dynasty most families have so much money they couldn't possibly spend it all... plus, if you're trying to collect broken stuff it's useful to get the cheap ones; cheap showers, dishwashers, computers, tvs, etc. tend to break more often.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #722 on: May 21, 2013, 06:47:23 PM »
She spent hours in the basement for hours.  I rather enjoy Mikayla's unique speech patterns.  You've developed quite the endearing character here, Azokka.  To me, she's like David Tenant following her mom's Christopher Eccleston.  (Note-David is my favorite Doctor, followed by Tom, then Matt, then either Christopher or Jon).

Yep, that was . . . not a typo! I'm really enjoying her, too. David and Matt are a tie for favorite Doctor for me, but I also love Christopher. I also have to agree with your character analysis.

*huggles Mikayla*  I seriously want to steal Mikayla, azokka XD  Honestly, I've never used Sims other people created, but I think Bubba and Mikayla are my absolute favorites so far and I would be totally willing to use them... with your permission of course XD  Love them!  You do an amazing job! 

No worries, I'm probably going to put them up on the Swap Shop after the dynasty is over! It gives me a little warm tingly to know that people love my characters so much! I feel like a somewhat-Dreamweaver.

Mikayla's craziness is all about good things. It makes her a little paranoid, but not alarmingly so. She seems so innocently crazy, if that makes any sense. The nutty girl is one of the most impressively weird Sims I've ever seen, and it's downright adorable!

She has the cutest animations in game, too! She'll just be standing there, then suddenly queue up an action to go sit on the toiler. Frankly, it's adorable. I'm glad you like her! I love writing an insane sim, although have too many and it gets a little out of hand.

100% unique upgrades includesthe alien spaceship.... I am SO curious / excited to see how she will react to this!  :o

I love this dynasty so much! Its really quite funny.

Well, she'll need to upgrade her spaceship if she wants to go destroy the aliens!

Thanks! That's one of the highest compliments someone can give me.

So is she planning to live in the Basement of Broken Things? (I know that's not what she calls it. but it appeals to me) It does seem ideally suited to her.

You mean the VOBO  ;) ? Yes, but she fixes everything first. It does seem like her kind of housing area.

Mikalya is so beautifully sweet. I so like the way you've written her voice in.

"But there's a basement below a basement, with steam rising from computers and the trickling soft pink sound of water running down onto the wooden floor. And it's wallpapered with butterflies."

As for Iris Bianca, I just remembered that she had Mikalya at a much later stage. Hole she'll be having ambrosia soon! 

Thank you! I try. I try.

And you are spot on  ;D !

How could you a afford that much broken stuff? :o

By this point in a dynasty most families have so much money they couldn't possibly spend it all... plus, if you're trying to collect broken stuff it's useful to get the cheap ones; cheap showers, dishwashers, computers, tvs, etc. tend to break more often.

Nope, I've just been collecting from the beginning! Anything that broke, I stashed in the family inventory just for this purpose. I might have gone a little overboard, but at least it was fun to be a hoarder!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #723 on: May 21, 2013, 07:46:19 PM »
Thanks for following my nerdy Doctor Who references  :=)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 5/21
« Reply #724 on: May 21, 2013, 09:33:54 PM »
Chapter 86 - Rush of Energy

My elder pieces were completed within the day, with help from a Moodlet Manager or two, and the door appeared moments after my mother placed the portrait in my room--the room I've never seen, until now.

The eerie face in the mirror spoke. "Right now I'm less worried about your eventual retirement, and more concerned with what is happening right now. I might even bring in external help, to . . . control the situation."

"What do you mean, 'control the situation?' Everything is fine! We all know what we need to do, and we're making excellent progress. Have you seen how well Mikayla is doing? She already has handiness maxed, and she wants to join the military!"

"You might be dedicated, but you're also sims. Free will is a dangerous thing, even for the most virtuous sim. You can't be trusted with it. Already, Serena has somehow learned charisma, making it unavailable for any other generation!"

"But . . . if you take away our free will, we won't make Hall of Fame! And if we don't make Hall of Fame, I won't be with Bubba after the dynasty is completed. Our future in Lunar Lakes as genies, everything you've promised . . . it will all be gone!"

"Relax, relax, I won't take away free will. I'm just giving one of my other 'projects' the chance to oversee your progress. I've already proposed a deal to her--if she takes over Sunset Valley, this dynasty is her business. She's busy trying to wrangle the criminal underground in Sunlit Tides into shape at the moment, so I'd say it'll be . . . when Mikayla's pretty high up in the military, just to give you a fighting chance."

"What? No! You can't--"

I finally left the room and, leaving the door hanging open behind me, walked slowly down the hall, coming to a stop in front of a wall dedicated entirely to . . . Bubba. All thoughts of my encounter with the Watcher flew out of my brain. Bubba . . . there is one picture slot left for us as elders, I think. But even so, there is so much here. I love him so much.

Instead of hurrying around the corner, I paused again, this time at Bianca's wall. I'm surprised to see myself here in one picture. Of course, these were all from after she married Mother--the photographs of them in younger days are in Mother's room.

And, again, at Grandfather Brandon's wall. He was my best friend when I was very young, and he passed away so quickly. To me, it always seemed that he had popped out of the ground wrinkled and elderly, with laughing purple eyes and a mind crammed with wisdom. But now I see that he was young once . . . he was Mother's dad, and Grandmother Bree's husband before he was ever my grandfather.

As I sat down to eat the ambrosia, the heady aroma lifting from the dish made me feel lightheaded. Of course, the proper thing to do when feeling dizzy would be to lie down or place your head between your knees, but instead I sat and began to eat. The flurry of senses that overwhelmed me . . .

Grandfather Brandon's hand on my shoulder as he pretended to be Jimmy Sprocket, his fingers rubbing his chin as he contemplated my questions as a child, Mother praising how clever I was while I did my homework, my glowing pride turning to jealously when Bianca showed up and Mother abandoned my schoolwork for her . . .

. . . the loneliness of long nights alone in my laboratory, having no one to compliment me on my achievement of Prom Queen, the tingling of my hands as a genie lamp vibrated and sparked, the tingling that was nothing compared to the rush of energy when I stepped up and kissed Bubba for the first time, his arm across my shoulders as we kissed on the park bench for hours, and the sand up to my ankles and cool wind brushing my skin as he knelt on the beach and asked me to marry him.

The computer keys against my fingers as I typed night after night, being promoted so quickly that my hours changed from day to day, and Bubba chasing after me every morning for a kiss, the rush of joy when my pregnancy was confirmed, and my husband's hand on my stomach as he felt for a kick . . . the sparkles that enveloped me when my sweet little Mikayla came into the world. Her soft-baby weight as she fell into me on her first attempt at walking, my hand on her shoulder as I mimicked Grandfather's Jimmy Sprocket voice, and the water spraying me as she and Bubba giggled during the water balloon fight.

And, finally, my pride when she turned into such a beautiful and imaginative young woman . . . and the rush of jubilation I felt when my coworkers applauded me for becoming the youngest World-Renowned Surgeon in Sunset Valley history, several weeks before my elder birthday.

I was such a happy, oblivious kid. Back then, I was sure that people only valued being smart and I was the smartest person in the entire world--I was the center of my family's world, certainly. Then I grew up and I knew better. At school the teachers loved me, but the other children called me "Four-Eyes" and "Teacher's Pet" and "Ugly Franken-einsten," and at home Bianca seemed to be usurping my time with Mother. My only escape was imagining what my life would be like if my idol, Rosetta Classic, was truly a part of it.

Without a doubt, my teenage years were . . . lonely, to say the least. I disliked the way I looked and spent all of my time holed up in my little "laboratory," knocking out skill challenges and eschewing life in general--at least until my mothers brought me on vacation to Egypt, and I finally connected with them. And then, as a young adult, I jumped into my dream job, met Bubba, and something happened that I never thought possible--I fell in love. The most beautiful day of my life was the day I married him.

I stepped closer to the wall and peered at a greeting card taken at the winter festival, and couldn't help but smile. I could remember that carefree day at the end of my teenhood--Aunt Rosa had just become a TV actress, and Mother was close to her elder birthday just after her second marriage.

If being a young adult was exciting, adulthood was calm. My husband never showed the slightest inclination towards flirtiness, and a sweet, bubbly little butterfly named Mikayla entered our family and lives. I reached the top of my career and achieved my lifetime wish. And, as an elder, with my husband just about to celebrate his elder birthday upstairs and my daughter being sent to bed by my mother, I couldn't be happier.

Iris Bianca Elysi, The Fifth Immortal.

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - The Fifth Immortal
« Reply #725 on: May 21, 2013, 09:36:54 PM »
The Fifth Immortal

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #726 on: May 21, 2013, 09:48:15 PM »
Unfairly, I spent that whole update thinking about how crazy Mikayla's immortal shots will be.  What I should have been thinking was "congrats, IB, and congrats, Azzoka."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #727 on: May 21, 2013, 10:22:14 PM »
Congratulations to Iris Bianca, in all her beautiful and slightly awkward brilliance, and of course to her wonderful Watcher as well! I'm throwing confetti even though you can't see it. Well, honestly, I can't see it either because it's not real, but at least I'm trying! I'll just shut up now. ;D
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #728 on: May 22, 2013, 12:35:55 AM »
I absolutely love your Ambrosia chapters, azokka!  They are just amazing!  Congrats to IB!  I loved Bubba's wall, btw ^^

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #729 on: May 22, 2013, 01:07:35 AM »
That was a beautiful chapter, as usual. It's always amazing to see an Immortal Elder's life summed up like that. Well done.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #730 on: May 22, 2013, 03:40:53 AM »
Congratulations to Iris Bianca Elsi for her becoming an Immortal. Her life had many happiness and also sadness. Yet, she succeed to get to her goal. 5 had get their immortality, 3 more to go. Good luck, azokka.
Chetan.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #731 on: May 22, 2013, 11:48:15 AM »
Such a nostalgic chapter. Reading over IB's memories of Bianca and Brandon, I can't help but remember that dynasty games have this queer habbit of popping up memories of long dead sims when they were young. Such a nostalgic feeling I get at those times!

And congratulations for the fifth immortal! 3 more to go!
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #732 on: May 23, 2013, 01:19:21 PM »

5 down, 3 to go! Grats to Azokka and I.B.!

Offline Pernille

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #733 on: May 23, 2013, 01:52:27 PM »
Congratulations on your 5th immortal!

You're story is beautifully written and I especially like the immortal chapters. The sims feel much more like real persons when you see their lives summed up:)

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #734 on: May 23, 2013, 03:39:35 PM »
Congratulations I.B.! ;D
You've had an eventful life so far and it was great to read that summary.