Author Topic: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Orange Skies  (Read 423045 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Not Enough
« Reply #945 on: June 29, 2013, 06:30:02 PM »

One life ends, but another will soon begin! 'Tis the dynasty cycle of life, I suppose. At least they were happy final days.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
6/29
« Reply #946 on: June 29, 2013, 08:16:15 PM »
Thanks for all the comments! They're all very similar in essence, so I'll just say:  :'( . Yes, Bubba died.

Chapter 102 - Sauna in the Snow

They had just kissed each other good night and climbed into bed when it happened. Mama heard a soft little sigh as she was drifting off to sleep, and she turned her head to see that he had risen up, almost floating. His body died and became ghostly as she watched.

Iris Bianca Elysi is a doctor. She's seen dozens of people die as she tried to save them, and she let the families mourn while trying to save the next patient instead of moping after the last. Dr. Elysi is professional, detached, and tireless. My mother is the exact opposite.

The last two things in the world Daddy saw were his wife, and a picture of his daughter that he had taken. Then he dissolved into gray mist.

And Mama cried, and cried, and couldn't stop crying. She felt like she had when Bianca had died all those years ago, when Grandpa Brandon died when she was just a little girl at the festival. All of that pain, but infinitely worse.

She finally went to sleep, on his side of the bed, and pretended that the still-warm blankets were his arms around her.

I didn't know until morning. But I must have felt something, because that night I held Jerry close and didn't let go, as if afraid that he would melt away into the mist.

Rest in Peace, Bubba. Fan Favorite. Watcher's Favorite. A truly wonderful spouse and father. You died seconds away from turning 110.

The elders were the first to know, as they left their cubicles for Ambrosia. They had gone through the same exact pain and loss, so they had comforting words to offer, and knew that the comforting words meant nothing. There is pain that never goes away, and is barely numbed by the passing of two-hundred and fifty years, as Grandma Serena knows only too well.

My great-grandmother held my mother as she broke down in the sacred room where the Ambrosia is held, while the other elders looked on or looked down.

Everyone has a different way of managing their grief. Me? I run. I am an astronaut, a warrior, a military general, the one who halted the alien invasion of Sunset Valley, the youngest person to reach the very top of the military. And I can run for fifteen hours at a time, until my muscles collapse and I can't breathe.

But even fifteen hours of sprinting on a treadmill isn't nearly enough.

I found her standing alone in the snow, and I did my very best to comfort her. I had lost my father, but she had lost her husband. I had come to terms with losing Daddy after unleashing my alien technology on the Spring Festival, but I couldn't begin to imagine losing Jerry.

But somehow the words turned to tears, and tears became sobbing, and then Mama was telling me that it would all be okay was if I was a kid again and had scraped my knee.

She went back into her little house, and I returned to Level B2 to start trying to cheer myself up. Grandma Bree had passed down the mascot costume through the years, and I had always wanted to try it out but never had the opportunity. Now seemed the perfect time to take up my birthright.

Jerry knew something was wrong when he came home to find a llama backflipping in the basement.

Actually, that was a semi-normal occurrence--he knew something was wrong when he came home to find me walking through the house in my everyday dress.

I told him quite calmly what had happened, and he nodded, lifting my hand to his face comfortingly. "It'll be okay, Mikayla. We'll get through this, and see him again at the end."

And so, while Mama played chess all alone for the first time since her young adult birthday . . .

We snuggled in the sauna while the snow fell. "Do you want to do this?" he asked, turning his head to look at me.

"Now? After everything--"

"Yes, after everything." He answered firmly. I love it when he's like that, frankly it's adorable. "Nothing will help you more than to have a child, your father's grandchild. You know it's what he would have wanted."

"You don't have to convince me." I stood up, pouring more water on the coals. "I want a baby just as much as you do."

"Girl or boy?"

"Girl, of course! Don't be so silly, Jer-bear."

"But don't you like it when I'm silly?"

"I absolutely love it."

After trying several times and hearing chimes, Jerry froze and fell over like a human popsicle. Isn't that just too cute? Like a little puppy with panda eyes.

"Bubba, you know it was your turn to clean the bathtub!"

Silence.

"All right, all right, you don't need to look at me like that. I'll get it this time, but you'd better not flake out on me again, mister!"

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Sauna in the Snow
« Reply #947 on: June 29, 2013, 08:54:37 PM »
Out of all of the passings I have read in this dynasty, Bubba's has to be the most difficult yet. He was such a fun character, from flirty genie to perfect dynasty spouse to super-dad.

On a more positive note, I can't believe that generation 7 is on its way. I can't believe that the dynasty is nearly complete!

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #948 on: June 29, 2013, 10:07:25 PM »
Great update. So sorry about Bubba that he has to pass away, while Iris remains. Maybe after the completion of the dynasty, we can again see him. The pic of Mikayla backflipping as a llama was nice. Now, it is time for the birth of the 7th generation heir. And, I also can't believe that this dynasty is coming to an end soon.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Wolffie

• Ferret Lover!
  • Townie
« Reply #949 on: June 29, 2013, 11:36:24 PM »
R.I.P Bubba.
Great update Azokka
"I'm not about the hugging!"
                                                           - The Twelfth Doctor

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #950 on: June 30, 2013, 01:38:53 AM »
Goodbye Bubba, you will be sorely missed.  I am so excited to see the nooboo!

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #951 on: June 30, 2013, 02:42:46 AM »
Wow what an amazing update. You have truly wrote bubba's passing in a way that is so real. The way the family reacted and the way you make up situations. It's all so real and lifelike. For example how mikayla mentioned being a kid and scraping her knee. I would not think to write that in a sim story but its so true. You have once again amazed me with your writing.

Rip bubba! I will so completely miss him. I can not wait for gen 7 however I can not believe your story is coming to a close. How crazy. I will have to look up my first post and see where I started reading 
  Congrats on just having an amazing story and writing ability !
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

molly1231

« Reply #952 on: June 30, 2013, 07:45:34 AM »
After reading this I listened to just give me a reason 47 times because that's what I listen to when somone in the dynasty dies. But this time it was really upsetting because IB is my favorite immortal.

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #953 on: June 30, 2013, 07:56:18 PM »
Somehow, for me the saddest part wasn't Bubba dying or Mikayla and IB's respective sobbing fits, it was IB talking to Bubba while cleaning the bathtub. I find denial depressing, which is odd, because I'm in denial nearly 24/7 or something or other and I'm not depressed. Hm.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #954 on: June 30, 2013, 08:09:04 PM »
Wow my first post was in response to Chapter 58 - Feeling Quite Alone
IB was a child! Wow, time flies fast!! I truly love this story it's just so amazing. I have probably said that 100 times but it is so true!
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

molly1231

« Reply #955 on: July 01, 2013, 03:37:17 PM »
Somehow, for me the saddest part wasn't Bubba dying or Mikayla and IB's respective sobbing fits, it was IB talking to Bubba while cleaning the bathtub. I find denial depressing, which is odd, because I'm in denial nearly 24/7 or something or other and I'm not depressed. Hm.
Thats what made me sad *sigh*.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #956 on: July 01, 2013, 06:27:53 PM »
Out of all of the passings I have read in this dynasty, Bubba's has to be the most difficult yet. He was such a fun character, from flirty genie to perfect dynasty spouse to super-dad.

On a more positive note, I can't believe that generation 7 is on its way. I can't believe that the dynasty is nearly complete!

That's the perfect way to describe him. He really was my favorite spouse, ever.

I feel exactly the same way! It's all so exciting.

Great update. So sorry about Bubba that he has to pass away, while Iris remains. Maybe after the completion of the dynasty, we can again see him. The pic of Mikayla backflipping as a llama was nice. Now, it is time for the birth of the 7th generation heir. And, I also can't believe that this dynasty is coming to an end soon.

Of course we will!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

R.I.P Bubba.
Great update Azokka
Goodbye Bubba, you will be sorely missed.  I am so excited to see the nooboo!

I know, I was so sad to see him go! I was tearing up writing the chapter.

Wow what an amazing update. You have truly wrote bubba's passing in a way that is so real. The way the family reacted and the way you make up situations. It's all so real and lifelike. For example how mikayla mentioned being a kid and scraping her knee. I would not think to write that in a sim story but its so true. You have once again amazed me with your writing.

Rip bubba! I will so completely miss him. I can not wait for gen 7 however I can not believe your story is coming to a close. How crazy. I will have to look up my first post and see where I started reading 
  Congrats on just having an amazing story and writing ability !

Thank you so much! I don't even know what to say in reply to that, but let's just say that your words mean a lot.

I will miss him so much, though he did have a very full and happy life. Maxed five or six skills, had a wonderful daughter, lived to 110, became my first ever Hit Movie Composer--but still, I miss him!

Wow my first post was in response to Chapter 58 - Feeling Quite Alone
IB was a child! Wow, time flies fast!! I truly love this story it's just so amazing. I have probably said that 100 times but it is so true!

Wow, that's insane! It seems like IB was a child just a short time ago, but it really it has been two lifetimes and 50 chapters. Absolutely nuts, isn't it?

After reading this I listened to just give me a reason 47 times because that's what I listen to when somone in the dynasty dies. But this time it was really upsetting because IB is my favorite immortal.

That's so nice to hear! I mean, it's still really sad, but I feel like IB isn't really one of the more popular immortals, which is sad because she's definitely one of my favorites. I listen to Green Day when someone in a dynasty dies.

Thats what made me sad *sigh*.

I think denial is the most depressing, too, which is why I wrote it in. Crying doesn't make me sad, but denial does. And denial seems like something IB would turn to when Bubba died.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
7/1
« Reply #957 on: July 01, 2013, 06:58:07 PM »
Chapter 103 - The Parenting Thing

Hoping for a baby lifted everyone's spirits, especially Jerry's. He and I have wanted a baby for so long that it seems almost impossible that this dream is about to become reality.

We play together in the snow every day, building snowmen and igloos. I can't remember the last time I had a carefree afternoon in the winter wonderland, shaping snow with my hands and colors with my mind. And, at the end of one snowman, I looked at myself and saw a little pink glow in the center of the orange.

Since I wasn't officially pregnant, I jumped at the chance to fix Grandma's stereo, since I had never been in her room before and her life had always been an interesting mystery to me. Her bedroom was a treasure trove of information--murals and rock-band posters were on the walls, and so were photographs.

I saw pictures of the young Grandma Bianca, the alien who Mama is named after. I've never seen Grandma look as happy as she is in those photos, and I can hardly believe that she was ever so young and in love.

She still thinks about her all the time, I know. There are pictures and sketches of her face everywhere in this room, and one next to the easel where Grandma paints every day--at least when she's not in her cubicle.

For Grandma, the pain lingers beneath the surface, buried under over one hundred years. For Mama, the wounds are so fresh that every reminder of Daddy stings. I've never been in Mama and Daddy's room, but I can guess that there are pictures of them everywhere, and Mama's in there every day.

Sometimes, she wakes up in the middle of the night, then climbs out of bed and looks at the photos. Mama is a doctor. She knows that grief does not cause a physical injury to the organ that is the heart, but it's difficult for her to remember that when it hurts so badly.

I think it's the greeting card that pushed her over the edge. The greeting card she and Daddy made on their very first day together.

I still blame myself for all of this--I saw this coming, I saw her becoming darker and darker, but I was so wrapped up in my own beautiful life that I ignored all the warning signs.

Jerry tells me that I never really realized that I was pregnant. I simply got up one morning in maternity clothes and went on as I always had, on a steady diet of watermelons.

Mama came out while I was happily making snow angels and told me that she had retired. That was the biggest shock: Mama loves her job, she loves the hospital, she loves her coworkers, she loves her patients. Then, she said that she was going down into the basement jail cell, even though she didn't have to. She was going to leave, now, before her grandchild was born, to live in a trance until the dynasty ended.

With all of the elders gone, the house seemed a lot bigger and a lot more quiet. Jerry and I stayed on Level B2 and synchronized our lives. I worked out most of the time (being pregnant doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to fit in a rocket), and Jerry followed my lead.

I'm not entirely sure of what having a baby was like--to tell you the truth, I was so busy watching the colors I hardly noticed when a little pink cherub slipped out and was suddenly in my arms.

Welcome to the world, my little pink firecracker. Nataliya.

I placed her on the ground so I could go use the bathroom, then I was distracted by the light bouncing off the shower wall until I heard Jerry's exclamation of surprise as he entered the room where Nataliya gurgled on the floor. I have this parenting thing down!

Author's Note:
Mikayla had the weirdest pregnancy! She never got the pregnancy moodlet or did the spin, but luckily she gave birth without incident.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - The Parenting Thing
« Reply #958 on: July 01, 2013, 07:02:45 PM »
NOOBOO!  *does happy dance*  I know she's only a burrito, but I truly think the burrito's are adorable!  And that's a weird pregnancy indeed!

Offline Jamie

• Occult
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - The Parenting Thing
« Reply #959 on: July 01, 2013, 07:21:21 PM »
That's so weird! Was she still wearing maternity clothes though?

Congratulations on the nooboo! You're so close to finishing. Just two more immortals to go!

anything