Author Topic: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Orange Skies  (Read 422858 times)

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Please Move to Graveyard
« Reply #810 on: June 09, 2013, 10:15:04 PM »
Oh, hon, that's just awful!   :'(
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #811 on: June 09, 2013, 10:16:09 PM »
Noooooo. This was my favourite story. I am very sad about the Elysis that they could not complete the dynasty. I will miss them. Maybe another Elysi can try the Lifestates and completes it. I will be waiting for it.
Chetan.

I might use an Elysi for a Life States Dynasty (actually, that's a great idea!) but right now I'm leaning towards Townie DecaDynasty. Thanks for your kind words!

Oh, hon, that's just awful!   :'(

It really is, especially this far in. I was so, SO looking forward to finally finishing . . . and I really thought that the Elysi's would be the one to escape the evils of my computer.

Go to this page, Azokka's Sims, for links to all of the Elysi immortals. Spouses and miscellaneous helpers will also be up soon!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stark

• Nooboo
« Reply #812 on: June 09, 2013, 10:40:54 PM »
Thanks! The beginning of your comment made me laugh  :) . And it's a huge honor to read that you really loved this story, and that it was one of your first bookmarked threads! I also hoped to be cheering as the 8th Elysi ate her ambrosia . . . did you know I had names picked out for 7 and 8, too? I'm not going to say them, because I WILL use them somewhere else, but . . . yeah. And yes, there's always a silver lining! Bubba.

Well I am very glad I could get a laugh out of you when your very obviously mean-spirited computer pulls a thoughtless prank like that on you.  :). And I had just gotten caught up on it this morning too. You can tell your computer that I am not on speaking terms with it until it releases the Elysi family from hostage and restores their file as well. I will be on the lookout for your next adventure!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - The Walk
« Reply #813 on: June 10, 2013, 12:31:22 AM »
No, I did not miraculously save the file (I wish!). However, I did notice that my next chapter was planned as being Iris Bianca and Bubba's second wedding anniversary, and they had a really wonderful day, so I figured that would be a good way to finish off the dynasty. I'm still searching for a solution, but you should probably be resigned to the fact that it is, indeed, ending. So, without further ado . . .

The Walk

"Remember what day it is?" Bubba asked me that morning, practically bouncing with excitement.

"Oh, well, yes, I . . ." I searched frantically in my mind. Mail day? No, that was every day. Did Bubba get a promotion? He was already at the top of his career. "Oh, right! There's that huge scientist convention at the Alien Research Center! I hear there's supposed to be an amazing discovery on the subject of Plantsims--"

"Oh, no, this is not happening!" He rolled his eyes exaggeratedly. "The husband is supposed to forget the second wedding anniversary, right? Shouldn't you be lording this over me right now?"

"All right, all right--from your enthusiasm, I assume you have something very special planned?"

"You know I do!" He crowed, then snapped his fingers and winked. "And I am going to blow your beautiful, strangely not-senile mind."

He made me close my eyes the moment we got into the car--which, as I told him, is very unsafe--then walked me down a hill, towards the sound of water. Finally, he allowed me to open my eyes, and I looked around and saw-- "This is the beach where you proposed, isn't it?"

Looking into each other's eyes, we both saw that night so clearly.

"Marry me, Iris Bianca?" He teased, gazing into my eyes.

"How soon will the wedding be?"

"Oh, maybe two years ago, if I skip my bachelor party."

He swept me up into his arms, a little thinner than I remembered but just as steady.

"Wasn't I in my swimsuit when you proposed, love?"

"You know, I don't see you nearly enough in lingerie these days." I smacked him playfully, laughing.

"Do you remember doing this last time, Bubba?"

"It hurts that you don't believe in me, babe. That was the second-happiest day of my life, and you think I didn't memorize every moment?"

We both shifted a little to the right, and maybe anyone looking at us from behind wouldn't have even noticed we were old people, now. So, in a way, we were going back in time. Remembering the happy days that led to happy days that led to more happy days.

"Seriously, though," he continued as we separated from a long kiss, "I was not kidding about never seeing you in lingerie any more. Is it not available for elderly supermodels?"

"How about we compromise and go for a swim," I laughed, and we jumped together into the water and engaged in an epic water battle.

"All right, what next?" I asked as we dried ourselves off.

"Now, we're going to relive the happiest day of my life."

"Our first kiss."

"Did it go something like this?" I leaned forward and kissed him in the middle of the courtyard.

"Are you kidding? You were an animal!" He tried to duck as I slapped him flirtatiously. "But you were a little more refined when I asked you to be my girlfriend."

"Remember what else happened on that happiest of days?"

"What, when you took me to that park bench and said . . .

"But it's fun--and anyway, kissing is a normal part of a romantic relationship. Why don't we compromise: we'll kiss once, and if you want to continue, we will. Cool?"

"Oh, that she remembers--"

"Shut up and kiss me, you ridiculous man."

I thought about it for a moment and nodded, then we slid closer together . . .

I drew him up and stood with my hands on my hips. "What did you mean before, that I was 'like an animal' the first time we kissed?"

"We both know that you attacked me like a purple panther in heat," he laughed.

Before he could finish his sentence, I stepped forward.

Until finally, one day, I decided to shut him up.

He still responds the same way.

All these years, and he's just the same Bubba I fell in love with.

Instead of pulling away like I expected, Bubba pulled me into another, deeper kiss that lasted for hours, until I could barely breathe but didn't want to let go to inhale oxygen. Who needs oxygen, anyway?

Skip the rest of the drama and go straight to the next chapter
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #814 on: June 10, 2013, 12:42:14 AM »
Oh!  Oh!  This makes me want to weep!  Both in happiness (the chapter was beautiful) and in sadness, knowing it won't continue! 

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
« Reply #815 on: June 10, 2013, 01:21:05 AM »
What a touching memory! I love I.B. and Bubba but it's making me even sadder! :'(
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #816 on: June 10, 2013, 01:21:35 AM »
Aww, so sweet. That was my favourite part of Iris Bianca, seeing her with Bubba. So sad this is over.  :'(
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #817 on: June 10, 2013, 01:25:20 AM »
I honestly believe that technical issues are the worst way to lose a dynasty... it's not like you made a mistake with requirements or didn't get to something in time... I think this is what makes it more painful than failing because of a simple mistake, know what I mean?  Also, just out of curiosity, have you checked out the topic on restoring a saved game?

molly1231

« Reply #818 on: June 10, 2013, 01:51:13 AM »
*sniffles* This was my favorite immortal dynasty story we all will miss them. P.S Azokka you did an amazing job I can't believe it.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #819 on: June 10, 2013, 02:58:24 AM »
Second time that I have cried today over your dynasty. I still have This bookmarked. I am never unbookmarking it. I love this story and these sims so much. I wish you the best of luck with other challenges you do in the future. And I know you have probably combed through your files 50 times today. Well do me a favor and do it 50 more times. Thanks. :)
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Stark

• Nooboo
« Reply #820 on: June 10, 2013, 04:18:18 PM »
I honestly believe that technical issues are the worst way to lose a dynasty...

Completely agree and that's why I feel so bad for Azokka on this one.  When I mess something up, fine I can take my lumps and say I failed, but when the computer steps in and says, nope not letting you finish and you've done nothing wrong, that is the worst.  I know the dynasty itself takes a lot of time and effort, but the story writing I have no experience with and can only imagine it must at least triple the amount of work involved in these. 

Loved getting to see Bubba one last time!!! I know it's bittersweet but that goofy little flirtatious ex-genie makes me smile every time.  Thanks for that Azokka!

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #821 on: June 10, 2013, 06:18:01 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo * pauses to breathe* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo.

Okay, I'm sort of okay now. But this is horrible! Is the Monte Vista version not saved though? You know what? I'm not sure I actually care at the moment. In fact the idea of replacing Mikayla's beautiful, hilarious, adorable insanity is almost insulting.

I'm going to go break the news to my friend, and we're going to hold a funeral for this thread.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #822 on: June 10, 2013, 07:57:53 PM »
Oh!  Oh!  This makes me want to weep!  Both in happiness (the chapter was beautiful) and in sadness, knowing it won't continue!

I feel just the same way, now that the fact that this is over has finally caught up to me. I don't know whether I should go into a coma or write depressing poetry.

What a touching memory! I love I.B. and Bubba but it's making me even sadder! :'(

That's what I was going for  ;) . No, I'm kidding! I do love having a nice chapter for anniversaries, and Bubba and IB are the sweetest couple.

Aww, so sweet. That was my favourite part of Iris Bianca, seeing her with Bubba. So sad this is over.  :'(

Same. She and Bubba were just such an adorable couple! If I left them alone for ten seconds, I swung back to find them "extremely irresistible." That "Shy Kiss" in the restaurant brought them from "Normal" to "Alluring."

I honestly believe that technical issues are the worst way to lose a dynasty... it's not like you made a mistake with requirements or didn't get to something in time... I think this is what makes it more painful than failing because of a simple mistake, know what I mean?  Also, just out of curiosity, have you checked out the topic on restoring a saved game?

Isn't it? I've lost FOUR dynasties to technical difficulties now, and this is the first one I've indirectly caused, which is making me not very happy. Also, yeah, I did try to restore the backups of all five of my saves, and now I'm searching my computer for the saves that I KNOW I put somewhere a while ago.

*sniffles* This was my favorite immortal dynasty story we all will miss them. P.S Azokka you did an amazing job I can't believe it.

Awww, thanks! Right now I'm just hoping that it doesn't end here, you know?

Second time that I have cried today over your dynasty. I still have This bookmarked. I am never unbookmarking it. I love this story and these sims so much. I wish you the best of luck with other challenges you do in the future. And I know you have probably combed through your files 50 times today. Well do me a favor and do it 50 more times. Thanks. :)

Your devotion really makes me happy, even if it is a sad occasion. I don't plan to give up on finding uncorrupted saves any time soon, even though the saves I do have are probably from a long time ago. I guess we'll cross that bridge if we come to it!

Completely agree and that's why I feel so bad for Azokka on this one.  When I mess something up, fine I can take my lumps and say I failed, but when the computer steps in and says, nope not letting you finish and you've done nothing wrong, that is the worst.  I know the dynasty itself takes a lot of time and effort, but the story writing I have no experience with and can only imagine it must at least triple the amount of work involved in these. 

Loved getting to see Bubba one last time!!! I know it's bittersweet but that goofy little flirtatious ex-genie makes me smile every time.  Thanks for that Azokka!

The story is a lot of work, but I can't imagine doing a dynasty without it! I just find that, with writing a story, I get to know the characters much better and it makes actually PLAYING a million times more fun.

I know, he's just about my favorite spouse right now. If there's a silver lining, it's that he'll never die.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo * pauses to breathe* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo.

Okay, I'm sort of okay now. But this is horrible! Is the Monte Vista version not saved though? You know what? I'm not sure I actually care at the moment. In fact the idea of replacing Mikayla's beautiful, hilarious, adorable insanity is almost insulting.

I'm going to go break the news to my friend, and we're going to hold a funeral for this thread.

STOP THE FUNERAL! (Okay, I have always wanted to say that!) Okay, change stop to postpone. I still haven't completely given up hope of finding uncorrupted saves, although I don't want you to get your hopes up because it's highly unlikely.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #823 on: June 10, 2013, 08:26:51 PM »

Whoah, I totally did not see that coming. Technical difficulty so late in the challenge is just beyond aggravating. This has been one of my favorite stories to follow! So I'm still going to keep my fingers crossed about that back up, if it's all the same to you. I suppose if you remember the name you could use the search function in the start menu (assuming PC), or maybe search anything sims. Sometimes I use that when I can't remember where I put something on the computer. That last update is just horribly bitter sweet, especially considering it might be the last one. So romantic! I love the joke about her coming on to him like a hungry animal. Of course, now I feel like Bubba's gonna die soon, after all that wonderfulness.  :'(

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #824 on: June 10, 2013, 10:20:05 PM »
Whoah, I totally did not see that coming. Technical difficulty so late in the challenge is just beyond aggravating. This has been one of my favorite stories to follow! So I'm still going to keep my fingers crossed about that back up, if it's all the same to you. I suppose if you remember the name you could use the search function in the start menu (assuming PC), or maybe search anything sims. Sometimes I use that when I can't remember where I put something on the computer. That last update is just horribly bitter sweet, especially considering it might be the last one. So romantic! I love the joke about her coming on to him like a hungry animal. Of course, now I feel like Bubba's gonna die soon, after all that wonderfulness.  :'(

I checked everywhere and tried out all the saves I had, and none of them worked. I'm very sorry to say that this dynasty has, indeed, ended prematurely. I'm going to have it moved to the graveyard.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

anything