Author Topic: Cruickshank Legacy Challenge  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Zafeiri

• Nooboo
Cruickshank Legacy Challenge
« on: July 05, 2017, 04:10:37 PM »
I'm new to this whole forum thing, but I wanted to share the story of my legacy family I've been playing recently.

I am not keeping points, and am adding other rules like "You can't have rich sims move in while the Founder is alive" and "Supernaturals can't be wed, but can be turned human with cheats." I am also allowing the sale of the Time Portal, Camera, and University Freebie bucket.

I'm playing in Moonlight Falls, with all 11 expansion packs and High-End Loft Stuff. I have several items from the Sims 3 Store as well as some cc hairs, eyebrows, eyelashes, eyes, and skins. EDIT: and some cc makeup.

Meet Jamie Cruickshank.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Jamie is a Diva, Angler, Natural Cook, Brooding, and Gatherer. Her aspiration is the fishing one, I have a bad memory.

This is the house I built with the $1,800 we're allowed to start with.

Right away, Jamie went ahead and joined the culinary career. She traveled via a random tardis LLAMA that was at the gym.

After that, she went ahead and went fishing. She caught nothing. Wow.

She then went to the local grocery store/diner to take classes in the fishing and cooking skill, so maybe next time she'll actually catch something. And hopefully make it into food, if she doesn't sell it. Then travelling home again with the LLAMA, something *TRAGIC* happened.

The LLAMA turned her into the Tragic clown. Oops. So for the next 24 hours, she clumsily walked around, and overall was very sad and depressed. How tragic.

She tragically cooked.

She tragically slept.

She Tragically Fished.

And tragically told the city to stop sending her all these useless newspapers that no one ever reads anymore because this is the 21st century and we'll read the news on our computers we don't have at the moment because we're broke.

Apparently Jamie's cooking brings all the dogs to her yard, and they're like it's better than Blue. dang right, it's better than blue. It's Jamie's cooking they rather chew.

Jamie's fishing also brings Sarah Jessica Parker all the horses to the yard... She likes luring things into her yard...

She then ran to work in the hail like a bozo.

She doesn't learn, does she? Ughh...

After a stressful day of work, she is no longer a tragic clown.

And now knows of the dangers of the LLAMA, and avoids it by taking a car (for once).

To relieve the stress of the culinary career, she kicks a ball around instead of staying inside and playing the sims all day on the computer she still doesn't have.

And with the paychecks and still zero fish she caught, she somehow managed to afford a still not good living situation. but this time, with FOUR WALLS.

She then celebrates the new house by spending her last 6 simoleons on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, which are totally worth it in my opinion.

And that's it for this update thingy, I'm still new to this, the pictures might not even work. I'm going to try to update it regularly (if anyone actually reads this).

Offline starlives

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Cruickshank Legacy Challenge
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 05:31:38 AM »
Hi Zafeiri, I have bookmarked.  I will certainly be reading this.  Your screenshots are really great.  It is so good to have another Sims3 legacy to follow on this forum.  It has felt a little too much Sims4 only lately but of course that is to be expected.  But there must be a lot of Sims3 players out there I am sure.  Look forward to your next update.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 10:45:57 AM »
Hi. This is really good. I like the way you narrate what happens. You have a very dry humour which I totally adore! Bookmarked for sure!!!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Zafeiri

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 12:03:53 AM »
Okay, wow. I wasn't expecting people to actually read the first one. A little note about these updates: They will come whenever, depends on how much happens when I play. As of now, I'm only 5 sim days into gameplay, but a lot has happened. Another side note: I am playing with Fall and Spring set to 14 days because I don't like winter or summer all that much. Anyways, I'm back with my second update.

Ah, nothing like a game of hackey sack before going on a man hunt.
First, the gym. Most men who go to the gym have appearances they need to maintain. Hopefully those are nice appearances (jk we'll take anyone we're desperate).
No (young) men here.
Well, that was a fail. Back to something we can catch now. Lucky for her, there is always plenty of fish in the pond.
Fishing aside, time to go to our next destination in our expedition to find a suitable suit-wearing suitor for Jamie. Luckily, there's two men here.
We hit up the suitor in the blue suit (because he looked suitable), and things went well. (I'll stop)
Other than the ghosts who kept stealing the attention.
Like seriously leave, you're dead. And yellow. Ew.
Apparently we triggered good ol' jaundice ghost, who phoned her ghoul gang. I don't know the soul reason she's so mad, but it could be that we are alive and our lady bits are tangible.
Just the sight of ol' jaundice makes us sick.
Apparently the ghoul gang spooked us and we tried to escape with someone's car, but it was locked.
Now the other men of the town are also against our not yet romantic relationship. (You're getting a little handsy there, Jamie...)
I can tell they're in love already. Just look at the way they look at each other.
Jamie and Chauncey Grimm ended up talking all night.
But then the clock struck 12, and Jamie fled so Chauncey didn't see her bad side. That's right, she had not eaten since breakfast, and she was getting HANGRY.
Then she went to sleep, dreaming sweet dreams of Chauncey. And one nightmare of ol' Jaundice and her ghost gang stealing Chauncey, that really dimmed her spirit.
The next day, she invited over Chauncey. He appears to be looking for her house, not realizing that she was the hobo living in that shed.
He still likes us enough to throw water balloons at us though.
"This is my attractive face"
Poor Jamie, her attractive face always sends the boys running. Which is weird, because it's an attractive face, yet it sends them the other direction.
Nah, he still loves us. *wispers* LEAVE AND I'LL MURDER YOUR EVERYTHINGS.
Then we asked him to go steady, and to move in. He, of course, said yes.
*wispers* "*le gasp* there is a zombie behind you. don't. move."
Then he broke our toilet. How chivalrous.

(I'm continuing this update in a separate post, it only allows me so many attachments per post.)

Offline Zafeiri

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 12:16:13 AM »
(Continuation of my second update)

We then enjoyed a nice dinner of the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches we spent the last of our money on.
With the 7k simoleons he brought with him when he moved in, we renovated our hobo shack.
I'm not the best builder, but I worked with what I had. Now they are broke again. This is a grimm situation for Jamie and soon-to-be fiance, Chauncey Grimm. (I really need to stop)
Then they went to sleep in there beautiful, still a homeless hobo hacienda (that's spanish kids! It means 'House').

And that is all for this update. This is not going to be a daily thing (as much as I'd like it to be), it's just going to come when I have the time and creative energy.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 02:14:16 PM »
Lol Why would you ever stop!!! Your humour and wit are frikken amazeballs!!! I really didn't know there were so many possible puns around the word "suit" lol :-)

I totally get the "as it comes" thing. My own TS4 Legacy has been sitting on the back-burner since around this time last year I think. At that rate, I don't think even my die-hard friends will still be reading. But, it is so hard to find the will and the energy to play.
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 11:38:19 PM »
Lovely little house, I liked how you distributed the place.  I'm with Magpie, don't stop the wit!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.