Poll

Which were your three favourite entries?

Snufflesxx - Cherry blossom Park
5 (10%)
Ladybug53 - Rose Petals Poolside Bar .
7 (14%)
Vinyl - The Organ Grinder
10 (20%)
AradiaJoy - The Couple's Retreat
2 (4%)
Rhapsody2312 - Hot Springs Lovin'
8 (16%)
Gogowars329 - Compatibility
6 (12%)
Decima - Sunset Beach
12 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: March 06, 2013, 05:50:34 AM

Author Topic: Building Contest 2013: 3 - Valentine's Venue  (Read 8624 times)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Building Contest 2013: 3 - Valentine's Venue
« on: February 03, 2013, 08:35:12 PM »

Building Contests 2013: 3 - Valentine's Venue

The Task:
For hundreds of years, Valentine's Day has been the annual highlight of the romantic calender. Thoughtful gifts and messages are always a staple of the day, but changing times have brought even more ways to celebrate the holiday. Whether your ideal date is at a park or a nightclub, your task is to design a lot suitable for amorous Sims.

Additional Information:
Build a lot for Sims to take their dates to. It should have a romantic atmosphere, be decorated with lots of red and pink, and contain as many couples' activities as possible.

Entry Specifications:
  • Lot Type: Community Lot (any kind)
  • Lot Size: 40x40 and under
  • Budget: $70,000
  • Content Restrictions: There are no additional content restrictions.
  • Number of Bed Spaces: N/A
  • Other Specifications:
    • As much red and pink as possible
    • Activities for couples
  • Optional Specifications:
    • Flowers
    • Hot-Tub

Contest Start Date: Sunday, 10th February - 12:00am
Contest End Date: Saturday, 23rd February - 11:59pm

For instructions on how to enter the Contests follow this link.

Only post in this thread if you are posting an entry or you are asking a question, we would prefer however if questions were PMed to us. If you have any questions please PM the Contest Team: samoht04, Lilygirl and Ausette. Ensure all receive your question to ensure it gets answered as quickly as possible.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest 2013: 3 - Valentine's Venue
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 10:16:48 AM »
Ready to get in the mood for Valentine's Day? You can start building for this Contest once it is Sunday 10th of February in your local time zone - please do not start before then.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 12:31:50 PM »
Cherry blossom Park

Lot Size - 40 x 40
Unfurnished price - 21,758
Furnished price - 70,000
Bed spaces - N/A
Type - Community Lot (Small park)
Content - Seasons, Showtime & Late Night (there could be parts from all the other expansions but they are the ones I'm certain of) No stuff packs or store content used.

Key Features - Cinema, Stage (includes red grand piano and pink guitar), Dance floor, Orchard, Kissing booth, photography tent, food stalls, heart shaped pool (with diving board), 'restaurant' (two buffet tables), lots of cherry blossom trees, parking lot

Welcome to Cherry blossom Park, for lovers of all ages! Now, what would Madame and Sir like to do first?

Watch a romantic film at our cinema, take a romantic dip in our heart-shaped pool or the private Jacuzzi, slow dance with your loved one on our large dance floor, pick fruits in our orchard (and you may find flowers and pretty butterflies too!), have a candlelit dinner at our restaurant (or a plate of nachos for those who really want to treat their ladies!) or, if you're alone this Valentine's, you can head over to the kissing booth to have a quick splash of romance (well, if you can call it that...)

And don't forget about the pretty, pink Cherry blossom trees that make this park so unique!

So come with your boyfriend, girlfriend, wife, husband, crush, secret lover, or even alone! There's something for everyone!

A quick story -

You will see on the second of the large pictures that there is a pair of flamingos. The reason I put them there was because I had 10 Simleons left in the budget and I wanted to use it all. So, I scanned around for something worth 10. Then I found the flamingos, who were 5 each. It made me remember an animated film where one of the characters was one a flamingo (lawn decoration) and there is this really sad back-story about how his girlfriend was taken away and he was just left to rot. But at the very end he gets a new girlfriend (or the same one, I'm not sure) and he's happy again. So that's where the idea for the loving flamingos come from  :)

(by the way, I named the flamingos Smithy and Nessa. Some of you might know what I'm talking about  ;) )
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Rhapsody2312

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 02:49:16 PM »
I know we're not allowed to use store content for the building contests, I just want to find out if building the lot in Monte Vista but without using any of the content that comes with it, is allowed?
Listen to the mustn'ts child, Listen to the don'ts;
Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles and the won'ts.
Listen to the never-haves, then listen close to me;
Anything can happen, child; anything can be.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 02:50:19 PM »
I know we're not allowed to use store content for the building contests, I just want to find out if building the lot in Monte Vista but without using any of the content that comes with it, is allowed?

Yes, you can build there but not use any of it's content.

Offline Rhapsody2312

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 02:53:12 PM »
Thanks for the quick response! I haven't used any content, just the lot. I only realised afterwards that it was a store town.  ::)

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 03:07:52 PM »
Rose Petals Poolside Bar .
by ladybug53

Lot Size : 30x30 .
Cost Furnished : 65,199 .
Cost Unfurnished : 43,484 .

Expansions Used : Showtime - Late Night - World Adventure .
Stuff Packs Used : Master Suite .

No CCs or Mods were used .
Free item from the store : New Year Nectar . Download :  Here

Rose Petals is a great place to take your sweetheart for an evening out on Valentine's Day . At Rose Petals you'll find a heart shaped pool , a hot tub , karaoke machine , a bar that serves food and drinks plus a fusions bar and of course dancing . All you need for a romantic evening on one lot . No reservations needed .

Click to enlarge image .

Download :       Rose Petals
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 12:37:46 PM »
The Organ Grinder - Live Show Venue
Lot Size: 40x40
Lot Value: $70,000
Content Used: All Expansions
Description:  Fed up with flowers?  Sick of serenades under the stars?  In the mood for excitement, mystery, and a dash of danger?  Look no further than The Organ Grinder!  Leave the kids at home and head on down to the abandoned rail yard, where grease and glitter shine equally as bright under the lights of the big top. 

Enjoy the sights and sounds of the midway, where magicians and acrobats perform feats of amazement amongst the arcade machines.  Grab a seat in the theatre and watch the astounding, death-defying stage acts.  Or take a risk and stroll through the Hall of Mirrors - if you dare.

Grab a bite and let Mesmera the Serpent Queen charm your hearts up on the Jungle Catwalk.  Try a taste of the art of trapeze and swing out beyond the railing, high above the stage and midway.  Dance the night away at the Hearts Afire bar, where you and your sweetheart can take turns immortalizing the thrills of the evening in the tattoo chair.  Beatrice the Bearded Lady is one lean, mean bartending machine - seriously, don't get on her bad side!

There's so much to see and do - get your fortune told, skinny dip in the sinkhole out back, try out poses in the photo booth - you'll return again and again to The Organ Grinder!

Almost every activity on the lot will automatically be shared by a date, or offers a "do with" option.

Notes:
-The venue is currently a Live Show venue.  Due to the venue's hours, the seasonal vendors might show up to work "early" to find the doors closed, then will stand outside all day rather than going to their booths once the venue opens.  They still function as a vendor, but stand in the wrong spot.  If this happens in your game and bothers you, an easy fix is to change the venue type to Coffeehouse (open 24 hours), or to move the booths outside.
-The lot is fully functional as a show venue, spawning a proprietor and allowing performers to book gigs and use the stage.
-It might not look it, but the sinkhole out back is a hot tub, and the caution tape creates a separate room for it.
-Master Romancers will find this venue especially thrilling.   ;)

Offline AradiaJoy

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 08:54:31 AM »

The Couple's Retreat

Lot Size - 40 x 40
Furnished price - 66,359
Content - Seasons, Late Night, WA, Gen, High End Loft, Supernatural.

Features: Small park with chess tables, restaurant with dance floor, 2 cabins(for those who want to spend a LOVElynight  ;)), and heart shaped pool.

Lot Size - 40 x 40
Unfurnished price - 21,758
Furnished price - 70,000
Bed spaces - N/A
Content - Seasons, Showtime & Late Night (there could be parts from all the other expansions but they are the ones I'm certain of) No stuff packs or store content used.

Pictures here.

Offline Rhapsody2312

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 11:24:58 AM »
Hot Springs Lovin'

Lot Size - 40 x 40
Furnished price - 69,671
Unfurnished price - 43,652
Type - Community Lot (Big park)
Content - Seasons, Late Night, Generations, Supernatural and Pets

In love? In lust? Just 'in'? Hot Springs Lovin' has everything you need for that perfect romantic date, or just to find that perfect romantic date.

Bring your lover for a dip in the hot spring surrounded by natural rock pools (skinny dipping is optional and done at your own risk of having your clothes stolen).
Join us for an all-you-can-eat buffet in our outdoor restaurant while being serenaded by the best concert pianists we have to offer (or just the average joe honky-tonk pianist).

Need a wedding venue? Not a problem. We offer an on-the-spot wedding arch with a floral aisle for your marital convenience.

Bring a picnic and watch a concert, or wow your partner with some swinging dance moves on our dance floor.

Single? Not a problem. Our kissing booths are sure to attract your attention.
Want to make memories that last? Bring your partner for a romantic photo-booth shoot or test your love on our love machine.

Wanting that happily ever after with someone but not sure where to get it? Take a seat on our Wishing Swing and wait for that special someone to wander over and push their way into your heart.

Nothing says love quite like Hot Springs Lovin'.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 04:14:44 AM »
Building Contest 2013, #3
Valentine’s Venue

Name: Compatibility
Lot Type: Poolside Club
Lot Size: 30 x 30
EP and SPs: World Adventures, (Statues) Ambitions, (Statues) Late Night, (Bar, Tables, Lights, Hot Tub, Paintings) Outdoor Living, (Lights, Fire Pit) Generations, (Spiral Stairs) Town Life, (Lights) Pets, (Paintings) Showtime, (Karaoke Machine) Supernatural, (Door) Seasons (Lights, Love Testers)

Compatibility is the venue that every couple go to when wanting to spend some quality time together by a pool. Compatibility has its own professional bar tender and examples of pairs made in heaven. Try out the love tester or maybe your singing skills with your lover. Or maybe just have a relaxing dip in the pool or hot tub.

Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Decima

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2013, 09:06:43 AM »
Sunset Beach
By Decima

Lot type: Community, beach
Lot size: 20x30
Suggested placement: The beach, sunset Valley
Furnished price:69,625
Unfurnished price:39,814
Content used: WA, AMB, GEN, PETS, a lot of Outdoor Living, and the columns are Town Life.
Free store content used: Cupid Statue
No CC.

Welcome to Sunset Beach! The most romantic beach bar with the best views! Bring your date and enjoy a meal or drink while watching the sun go down. Take a dip in the pool or hot tub, then dance the night away on the dancefloor!

Also doubles as a great beach wedding venue!

Download here:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,14780.0.html

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2013, 05:51:37 AM »
Voting is now open! Sorry for such a delay, all of us have had extreme impacts on our time. I seem to have had a deadline for some piece of coursework everyday this past week.  :-\

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 04:37:20 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 3 - Valentine's Venues - February 10, 2013 - February 23, 2013
    Decima!

Congratulations to Decima! You can download the winning entry here: Sunset Beach .

Decima's Comment:

"Thanks everyone for another great contest! BIG thanks to the mods for running it, and everyone who entered and voted.

When I first saw the contest I was a bit miffed as I'd already built the wedding chapel that I posted to the swap shop, so felt a bit 'out of ideas'. Then I was playing the game and saw that the beach in Sunset Valley was a bit boring for such an amazing location, so decided to re-do it. I worried it wasn't 'red and pink' enough but I was very happy with the result. Thanks again and I hope those who have downloaded it enjoy it!"

Congratulations Decima! Comments are now allowed for those that wish to receive comments!  :)

Edit: Forgot to unlock the thread..  ::) It is unlocked now! Comments are welcome!

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 06:01:52 AM »
I'm open for comments on my build  :)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

anything