Author Topic: Problems with asking for promotion  (Read 7339 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Problems with asking for promotion
« on: February 14, 2013, 05:06:52 PM »
Three times my Sim has asked his boss for a promotion and three times the boss has said yes but my Sim's career level does not change. Is anyone else having this problem?

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Chuckles_82

Re: Problems with asking for promotion.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 07:00:44 PM »
I've recently noticed that no matter how good my sim's performance is, relationship with boss, and 'boss thinks x is friendly' social interaction, my boss still says no to a promotion. On top of that, working at home seems to be going much slower.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ForgivingSoul

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 04:38:16 PM »
Same here. I asked three times for a promotion and a raise from my founder's boss and I was best friends with them, had just a bit left in the green bar, and had the whole "boss thinks x is friendly" and STILL no promotion. What gives?!
Oh and just a funny thing. In my last dynasty save, every time I invited my boss over, they'd always be elders. Don't ask why, just every time my boss seemed to be an elder, except at the beginning of the game. Once I'm done asking them for a promotion(and failing), they would die right in front of me! :o Literally the sparkles come and suddenly I have the Grim Reaper hovering over my front lawn? Is that natural?! It happened four times. Four bosses dying on my lawn...  :'( I have no clue what's going on. Is my game just wired like that? If so, I'm not asking for promotions anymore!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 05:12:41 PM »
Bosses and co-workers for rabbithole careers are drawn from the pool of homeless sims as well as residents. Sometimes, homeless sims will die the same day they age up to elder. Having it happen four times in a row is unlucky, but possible.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline ForgivingSoul

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 11:34:48 PM »
Ah that's interesting. Never really knew that about homeless sims. Thanks!
Still, what about the promotions? Is it possible to ask for promotions and not fail? It just doesn't work for me. Any reason why?

Offline Aspen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 03:41:48 PM »
Same here. I asked three times for a promotion and a raise from my founder's boss and I was best friends with them, had just a bit left in the green bar, and had the whole "boss thinks x is friendly" and STILL no promotion. What gives?!
Oh and just a funny thing. In my last dynasty save, every time I invited my boss over, they'd always be elders. Don't ask why, just every time my boss seemed to be an elder, except at the beginning of the game. Once I'm done asking them for a promotion(and failing), they would die right in front of me! :o Literally the sparkles come and suddenly I have the Grim Reaper hovering over my front lawn? Is that natural?! It happened four times. Four bosses dying on my lawn...  :'( I have no clue what's going on. Is my game just wired like that? If so, I'm not asking for promotions anymore!
Dont know if that's normal but it's most definitely funny. 
The one thing I've noticed about promotions is your chances of getting them are relative to your status with your boss but more importantly, how far into your next promotion are you?  Even if your boss is like, the first seem you ever met and you're old friends and have an amazing relationship, he will not promote you if you just got a promotion (within 24 hrs). On the flip side I've had bosses give me promotions when we were simple friends, but I had a just a tiny shred before my next promo. Unless I have at least half the bar filled, I dont even bother trying.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 08:16:26 PM »
I have noticed that over half way thing too.  It is, I find, only worth doing if your career bar is well over the half way mark for the level, and,  if you can do it before midnight if your sim will be going to work the next day.  If you do it on the same day that they work, they tend to gain no career level that day, so, you are no better off than if you had waited for a normal promotion.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Aspen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 08:11:03 AM »
yes, thats a good point too: do it before midnight.  If not your workschedule looks crazy for a day or two, with the 'car coming in about an hour' message but no car :)

Offline CityMouse

• Nooboo
Problems with asking for promotion.
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 02:10:08 AM »
How do I ask for a promotion? My sim already almost maxed out the relationship (best friends) with her boss and the "x thinks x is friendly" thing, but the interaction won't show up. What should I do?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Problems with asking for promotion
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 05:32:32 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, CityMouse.

In addition to being friends and being friendly, you need to go through quite a few friendly interactions.  It doesn't pop up as soon as you start talking.  You have to get into a good conversation.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 05:42:09 AM »
One thing I see that helps, CityMouse, is to "Discuss Work". It never seems to pop up otherwise, which kind of makes sense:

"Hey man. Nice to see you. Can I have a promotion?"
"Hey man. Nice to see you. I filed that report at work. You read it? It was great? Can I have a promotion?"

By the way, nice username. ;)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 06:04:41 AM »
Plus, what Seabody said.   ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline CityMouse

• Nooboo
Problems with asking for promotion
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 11:18:42 PM »
Thanks! She was promoted the next day. She was promoted at work, though. I think I'll try the "discuss work" interaction before asking next time, maybe when I play her again (my current sim is self-employed).

Also another thanks, I've got the username from an old "city vs. country" tale. I didn't know what the title was, but I have heard the story. I've always (so far) lived in a city and have no idea about farm/ranch work, so it was very fitting.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 07:39:43 AM »
I have been trying with my Sims to get a promotion now 4 days straight.  I am best friends with my boss. I invited him over, I compliment him alot, talk to him about work over and over, but he won't give me a promotion.  I am wondering if it is because he has commitment issues hehe. Any thoughts?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 08:13:21 AM »
I had that problem once, best friend and discuss work with him over and over, he just won't give me the "ask for promotion" option.  Later I solve the problem - I found out he is my coworker instead of my boss, I was hitting up the wrong person.